[Updated] Would you buy CAG/CAGcast Gamer Pics? Now with pics

[quote name='MSUHitman']100 points would be fine, but is there anything else that can be used for pic no.2 other than CAG again?[/QUOTE]

"glitter, bitches!"?

[quote name='mykevermin']"glitter, bitches!"?[/quote]

Something like that would definately be great. That's the inside joke of the site.

I'd use it, but only for my public gamerpic. I still perfer to have a personal gamerpic. My personal gamerpic is from when I had the Live Vision cam back in February 07, and I was able to get a neat effect with my ceiling fan. (I need to rebuy the cam for a new pic).

[quote name='MSUHitman']100 points would be fine, but is there anything else that can be used for pic no.2 other than CAG again?[/quote] I think we are going to swap out one of those CAG pics (the orange background one) for a new Shipwreck pic.

We are making some progress on getting these things on XBL. Hopefully we will have some news soon.

[quote name='CheapyD']I think we are going to swap out one of those CAG pics (the orange background one) for a new Shipwreck pic.

We are making some progress on getting these things on XBL. Hopefully we will have some news soon.[/quote]
I would pay about 150 for them and I think I would use the CAGcast logo with Cheapy and Wombat. Please get these made for download Cheapy.:applause:

Currently playing:
:360: BioShock
:psp: RainbowSix: Vegas

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=LittleWildman

This is the version that we are likely to go with as we inch closer to getting on the marketplace. I've updated the OP.

caggamerpics.jpg

Will most likely be 10 pics for 100 points. I really have no say in the price.
I would donate the CAG cut to charity.

I'd never use the pics, but i'd buy the pack just to support the site.

//edit: I hope this doesn't pave the way for other sites trying to get icons on there.

Any chance of making the zoomed in pic of your hand and money (the sixth pic on the bottom left) into something about magazine racks and glitter? Otherwise they are perfect.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Any chance of making the zoomed in pic of your hand and money (the sixth pic on the bottom left) into something about magazine racks and glitter? Otherwise they are perfect.[/quote]

Heh...maybe for CAG pack #2 ;)

Any progress on this Cheapy? Can't the Major help you get the gamer pics up? Or do you just not want to use your connections to help yourself?

[quote name='yukine']Any progress on this Cheapy? Can't the Major help you get the gamer pics up? Or do you just not want to use your connections to help yourself?[/quote]
Looks a few posts back...we are getting closer. I hope to have an official announcement soon.

CAG Gamer pics are one of the few I would glady pay for, more to support cheapassgamer.com than for M$$

I bought Psychonauts not only because it's a great game but also to let Microsoft know that Double Fine has my support.

CAG pics are a no brainer!

Make it CAG 4PLAY, it retains its meaning to us CAGs but other folk might think it has something to do with playing videogames and not think of the other connotations.

I will get them too. I would have liked to have seen them for 80 points, but I will settle for this because I am thankful they will be up there at all!

make the foreplay logo "CAG FP" on the bottom of the pic to alleviate the whole ethical standards thing. It'll look good that way.

CAG has saved me thousands of dollars over the years, literally. 100 MS points is the least I can do to thank the CAG community.

[quote name='CheapyD']Prototypes:
caggamerpics.jpg

Can't use shipwreck's pic for fear of GI Joe-based lawsuit/assault.

I'd like to charge 80 points, which is the minimum.[/quote]

I don't like or understand the CheapyD devil one, it ruins the pack. NO SALE!

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I don't like or understand the CheapyD devil one, it ruins the pack. NO SALE![/QUOTE]

A couple years ago a higher up at Best Buy called customers who only buy stuff that is on sale and search for the best deals, like us, devil customers because they little to no money on us. This is my assumption of the reason behind the CheapyDevil.

he talked about it on the last cagcast...something to due with the contract....cheapy's wife, a lawyer, marked up a bunch of changes and he hasn't heard back. He didn't go into specifics, other then he would make an effort to contact msft.

OH :(

I have not listened this weeks whole show yet, I guess that is why I have not heard this before.

Anyway I really hope that it does happen, I wants some CAG Gamerpics Dang It!

Yes, listen to the CAGcast for updates on stuff like this.

Basically Cheapy was given a contract, he didn't sign it because it wasn't in CAG's best interest so he had his wife make alterations to it and he hasn't heard back.

So they probably would rather just have some schmuck who will just sign any contract to get a few pics on their marketplace, rather than have to deal with Cheapy.

Ya, I don't know, I was kinda so-so on the gamerpics anyway. The last thing we need is everyone on the forums having the same damn gamerpics.

Sounds MS was giving CheapyD some pretty crappy terms for him than he could accept.

This is just pure speculation but I've had dealings with MS in the past as a sysadmin and they are pretty draconian when you do business with them. I have a feeling MS wanted to own the copyright to Cheapy's gamerpics in exchange for putting them on Live which for the money he would be getting would not be worth it.

But I'm just guessing.

It probably was like 5 cents for him on every pack sold and it was too low for his rich tastes. He's trying to get a mansion like the Shipwrecks... and in Toyko, that's gonna cost a pretty penny.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']It probably was like 5 cents for him on every pack sold and it was too low for his rich tastes. He's trying to get a mansion like the Shipwrecks... and in Toyko, that's gonna cost a pretty penny.[/quote]

I actually heard he is saving up for a Kobe Beef Farm, something about massaging cattle appeals to him

I have two suggestions on this issue.

1) We take a picture of the gamer pics with the Vision cam. Voila! (Ok, not so great.)

2) Make a FREE PS3 CAG theme instead. That will show all those haters that think Cheapy is a 360 fanboy! (Ok, he is a fanboy but still...)

[quote name='daphatty']I have two suggestions on this issue.

1) We take a picture of the gamer pics with the Vision cam. Voila! (Ok, not so great.)

2) Make a FREE PS3 CAG theme instead. That will show all those haters that think Cheapy is a 360 fanboy! (Ok, he is a fanboy but still...)[/QUOTE]
Ahem...

[quote name='daphatty']Daphatty, meet Late Train. Late Train, this is Daphatty...[/QUOTE]
The best part is, you already knew about it and posted in that thread. Post #5. ;)

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']The best part is, you already knew about it and posted in that thread. Post #5. ;)[/QUOTE]

If you know of any herbal remedies for memory loss, let me know. :wall:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']The best part is, you already knew about it and posted in that thread. Post #5. ;)[/QUOTE]

1185911118468ej3.gif

[quote name='zewone']
1185911118468ej3.gif
[/QUOTE]

What's the name of the sound you hear when something goes over your head? Oh yea...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH..............

bread's done
Back