Upgrade your OTT matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
OTT, I need your help pretty badly. My mom just told me that she wants a GPS navigation system for her car for Christmas, and I don't know shit about those at all. Are Tom Tom and Garmin the best brands? Do they charge a monthly fee to use? Do you need to pay to keep the maps up-to-date? Really, what the hell should I be looking for? :/

Green Day RB? What the fuck? Seriously?

Frost, I'm really sorry I didn't see your post when I was at HWV. The selection was...strange.

360 had the usual pile of old games (Stuntman, Turning Point, etc.)

However, there were a bunch of Fallouts and Street Fighters. So...either the hoarders left those behind, or my HWV had a crappy selection to start with.

I picked up the Watchmang game and flipped a few Fallouts.

I saw, that Mak, but this point makes me wonder:

Latest map guarantee lets you download one complimentary update to your map if one is available during your first 30 days of use

So I'm assuming you have to pay to update the map?

My only hope is that this is some sort of announcement that there will be playable bands in RB3, or something.

I doubt it though, with the whole "ROCK BAND: GREEN DAY" garbage at the end of the video.

[quote name='zewone']Super Street Fighter IV.[/QUOTE]

I know. I need something to keep me entertained in the meanwhile.

In related news, I might plan a trip to vegas in July for the next EVO.

Just went on an MP3 album purchasing spree. Got the following:

Made of Stone by Kylie Auldist
Cassette City by Lushlife
Attention Deficit by Wale
Guns Dont Kill People .. Lazers Do by Major Lazer

Pretty sure everyone charges you to upgrade your maps if you go through the manufacturer. Some of them let you import third party maps for free, though.

None of them should have a monthly charge unless it's an app for a cell phone.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I know. I need something to keep me entertained in the meanwhile.

In related news, I might trip a plan to vegas in July for the next EVO.[/QUOTE]

Pay for my travel and accommodations and I'll go with you.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone watching the video game awards on spike purely for the trailers?[/QUOTE]
Planning on it, the whole rest of the show is garbage and I'm amazed that it's lasted this long.

Did it start yet?

Updating maps seems to be par for the course, then, and she doesn't want live traffic updates so that's no big deal. That wal mart one has text to speech which is good so I might jump on that one now.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone watching the video game awards on spike purely for the trailers?[/QUOTE]

Yup. I have it scheduled on the DVR. Green Day Rockband was just spoiled for me, but woot! :bouncy:

[quote name='Maklershed']Just went on an MP3 album purchasing spree. Got the following:

Made of Stone by Kylie Auldist
Cassette City by Lushlife
Attention Deficit by Wale
Guns Dont Kill People .. Lazers Do by Major Lazer[/QUOTE]

You hurt my soul.

Thanks Mak. Can't wait for tonight :boxing:. Probably going to miss the beginning of the card but hopefully I will be home in time for the second fight, Florian vs Guida.

So, I found some Beatles, Pearl Jam, Talking Heads, and David Bowie cassettes today, and I think I'm going to do another cassette portrait with them. Can somebody that's good with Photoshop help me with a few things? I need to get the image to have the same style as my avatar.

Word of advice, don't watch the VGAs after eating a full meal, it will likely induce vomiting.

Hope we don't get bunch of cutscenes/cg for all of these premieres.

[quote name='Rocko']OTT, I need your help pretty badly. My mom just told me that she wants a GPS navigation system for her car for Christmas, and I don't know shit about those at all. Are Tom Tom and Garmin the best brands? Do they charge a monthly fee to use? Do you need to pay to keep the maps up-to-date? Really, what the hell should I be looking for? :/[/QUOTE]

I've got a new, in box Garmin Nuvi 205Wide screen you can have for $80. I've got it on CraigsList for $100.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']He already bought one.[/QUOTE]

I see that NOW but when I was actually reading the last 2 pages of the OTT, I didn't know that.

Got my $3 Inglorious Basterds coupon from the redplum insert already!

:D

I hope everyone with a Triple got Pixeljunk Shooter.

It's so fun!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Have you seen it? No? You have no idea of what you are talking about.

Pixar's John Lasseter took over as the films as producer when it was decided to do a top to bottom reworking of the script.

The most endearing, but pathetic, character of the story actually gets killed by the villain.

Self sacrifice and compromise are a large part of the story.

It is not a fairy tale ending, even though it ends happily (think UP, Cars, Ratatouille).

I can go on, but I am probably wasting my time.
[/QUOTE]

I don't want or need to see it to know that, to me, it looks like a waste of $10 a ticket to me. Up was worth my price of admission -- so much so that I bought it on blu ray. For me, Disney hasn't made a quality animated film (unless you count them marketing Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli films in the US or Pixar) since The Lion King (aside from Lilo & Stitch).

Pocahontas
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Treasure Planet
Brother Bear
Home On The Range

:shudder:

Status