User DrunkPollock Warning - Do not trade/Halt

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. :whistle2:( It really sucks too.[/quote]
This shows how bad our justice system is. Reminds me of the time on ebay where a guy got a way with scamming over $20,000 in goods.... :bomb:

I have a big trade going with a member here for a 360 with only 8 feedback. Now I know this is a big chance, but I got his phone number also so I could call him. I called him up, and it put my mind more at ease. Hopefully everything goes well, since I am sending first, but as was said earlier anything can happen, it's always a crapshoot. It could be someone with 10 feedback or it could be someone with 200 feedback, just less chance with the higher feedback.

My suggestion is that if you are kind of hesitant about trading then at least get their number and call them. Any legit trader will have no problem with this, and it's easier to tell someones intentions through the inflections in their voice. Well, easier than it is online.

[quote name='dmdragon']I have a big trade going with a member here for a 360 with only 8 feedback. Now I know this is a big chance, but I got his phone number also so I could call him. I called him up, and it put my mind more at ease. Hopefully everything goes well, since I am sending first, but as was said earlier anything can happen, it's always a crapshoot. It could be someone with 10 feedback or it could be someone with 200 feedback, just less chance with the higher feedback.

My suggestion is that if you are kind of hesitant about trading then at least get their number and call them. Any legit trader will have no problem with this, and it's easier to tell someones intentions through the inflections in their voice. Well, easier than it is online.[/QUOTE]I recommend seeing about splitting the trade up if possible. You may not make as much money (due to shipping twice), but it's good to do just in case something doesn't go right (so you don't get screwed out of everything).

not really any way to split up a 360... i can send the games seperately... 8 total. but still would need to send all before I get the 360. So with his just 1 item that really wasn't an option

I have only see 2 people recently that have caused an issue with this kind of scamming, and probably not many more who have made big scores and took off like that. So i'm going to give the forum goes here the benefit of the doubt and trust

[quote name='dmdragon']I have a big trade going with a member here for a 360 with only 8 feedback. Now I know this is a big chance, but I got his phone number also so I could call him. I called him up, and it put my mind more at ease. Hopefully everything goes well, since I am sending first, but as was said earlier anything can happen, it's always a crapshoot. It could be someone with 10 feedback or it could be someone with 200 feedback, just less chance with the higher feedback.

My suggestion is that if you are kind of hesitant about trading then at least get their number and call them. Any legit trader will have no problem with this, and it's easier to tell someones intentions through the inflections in their voice. Well, easier than it is online.[/quote]

I don't know i can do a pretty damn good fake calm and innocent voice.
Mixed it in with a pre-paid cell phone and the rest is history.

But yea a phone call and some pictures is a good way to make it a little safer but its still always a risk.
When i trade with someone i usually sent them pictures with their member name and date on a card in the photo.

[quote name='dmdragon']not really any way to split up a 360... i can send the games seperately... 8 total. but still would need to send all before I get the 360. So with his just 1 item that really wasn't an option

I have only see 2 people recently that have caused an issue with this kind of scamming, and probably not many more who have made big scores and took off like that. So i'm going to give the forum goes here the benefit of the doubt and trust[/QUOTE]I was talking about sending the 360 and like 2 games first. If everything is fine, you can send the rest. If it doesn't pan out, you at least still get something for the games elsewhere.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I was talking about sending the 360 and like 2 games first. If everything is fine, you can send the rest. If it doesn't pan out, you at least still get something for the games elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

well he is sending the 360 and he has more feedback. either way my option is to send the items before he sends the 360 or it is against the rules of less feedback sends first. I would love to send just a few of the 8 games and get a part of his shipment first, then do it again. But with only getting a 360 then even if i send him half the games and he sends me the 360 then he has is taking a risk, if i send all then I take a risk, unfortunately it's generally accepted that I should take the risk in this situation since I am new.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Looks like this case is closed, he got away with it.....[/quote]

He did it really easily as well, which is sad. It will just lead to more problems with teh CAG trading system. There needs to be a third party involved in these trades or something.

OMG, I found out who now lives at where George Novak use to live, when doing a search today. If someone is willing to call up the person who now lives there, let me know and I'll PM you the info. Otherwise, you gotta check yourself.

The new person MIGHT know where he is.

The person who lived at Blue Horizon just had their number disconnected, like what happened when someone at CAG called.

Also, I JUST found a George Lane in Sierra Vista. Not sure if it's the same person, I can let people know any details via PM (if my PM box is full, sorry, I will clean it up.

I also appeared to have found an Amazon profile (although probably old):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A2SCVWQRLO1ALA/ref=cm_aya_bb_pdp

[quote name='dmdragon']well he is sending the 360 and he has more feedback. either way my option is to send the items before he sends the 360 or it is against the rules of less feedback sends first. I would love to send just a few of the 8 games and get a part of his shipment first, then do it again. But with only getting a 360 then even if i send him half the games and he sends me the 360 then he has is taking a risk, if i send all then I take a risk, unfortunately it's generally accepted that I should take the risk in this situation since I am new.[/quote]
Off topic but if I recall correct this is a guideline, not a rule.

I understand, but I even had a mod post in my thread telling me that this is a generally accepted thing, so i had assumed it was a rule of some kind

hey guys, haven't been on here in a long time, but damn just read about all of this. anyways, don't give up hope yet, keep on keeping on, there has to be a way to find this dumbass.

also be careful, he could've used someone else's name he knew or just a coincidence, so don't call the guy and threaten him or the police on him right off the bat lol

[quote name='I StrikeR I']hey guys, haven't been on here in a long time, but damn just read about all of this. anyways, don't give up hope yet, keep on keeping on, there has to be a way to find this dumbass.

also be careful, he could've used someone else's name he knew or just a coincidence, so don't call the guy and threaten him or the police on him right off the bat lol[/QUOTE]There were several names used, and I still have no idea who he really could be.

I looked at DP's profile and noticed he was banned.

One of the names he used (which I found in Sierra Vista) has three different phone numbers under the same address, I found out. I haven't tried calling the one who moved into his house either.

I found an old ebay profile by DP (or whoever is related to him), but doesn't have any bad feedback:
http://myworld.ebay.com/gaming.word/

I've been searching ebay for his profile, since I found out he had one based on this comment:
Everytime this happenes with my auctions, I end up with non paying bidders, so now I just cancel the obscenely high bids.
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1267246#post1267246

Due to some ebay restrictions, finding it is quite hard. I'm looking to see if any of our games and stuff were sold off.

FWIW at this late date, the iPod trade may be the clue to finding this guy. Apple keeps on file the serial numbers of every computer sold, so if the iPod was actually use before it was traded, Apple may very well have serial number information, and they can flag it as stolen if it ever comes in for service later on.

I don't KNOW that they keep the same level of information about iPods as they do computers, but I wouldn't put it past them, something to explore (though this may have been mentioned previously, I didn't read all 40 pages of this).

This is the first time i've ever seen this thread... He must have stolen thousands. Has any legal action been sucsessfully tooken against him?

[quote name='JMEPO']This is the first time i've ever seen this thread... He must have stolen thousands. Has any legal action been sucsessfully tooken against him?[/QUOTE]He has disappeared completely. His GameTZ account has been abandon. Previous forums he posted at once, he's no longer there. Heck, I even tried searching all completed ebay auctions (he uses ebay based on an old post I found by him, and his gaming.word email had an ebay account before) from his area and didn't see any that may have been his (I tried searching for games which we lost, to see if they were sold on ebay. I'm upset with myself for not doing this sooner).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']He has disappeared completely. His GameTZ account has been abandon. Previous forums he posted at once, he's no longer there. Heck, I even tried searching all completed ebay auctions (he uses ebay based on an old post I found by him, and his gaming.word email had an ebay account before) from his area and didn't see any that may have been his (I tried searching for games which we lost, to see if they were sold on ebay. I'm upset with myself for not doing this sooner).[/quote]

What an idiot... If you ever do need any help trying to find him im just a pm away.

Has anyone tried doing a reverse address lookup on the address given out while they were scamming people? If not, here's the results, thanks to whitepages.com:

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Re...t&city_zip=85635&state_id=AZ&localtime=survey

Thing is, they probably had the items sent to that address, but picked them up while the real resident wasn't home or something. I saw a doc on scammers and that's how MANY of 'em operate.

Here's the info the search came back to:

Joy Newsome

218 Stardust

Sierra Vista, AZ 85635-3732

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Has anyone tried doing a reverse address lookup on the address given out while they were scamming people? If not, here's the results, thanks to whitepages.com:

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Re...t&city_zip=85635&state_id=AZ&localtime=survey

Thing is, they probably had the items sent to that address, but picked them up while the real resident wasn't home or something. I saw a doc on scammers and that's how MANY of 'em operate.

Here's the info the search came back to:

Joy Newsome

218 Stardust

Sierra Vista, AZ 85635-3732[/QUOTE]We did this long ago.

All right, I'm going to tell everyone more in detail what I've been seeing.

As for the Stardust address, it originally did not come up (assuming he was never listed). Around a month or later after the scam, it showed up as the one you posted, and also gave a phone number (I have a scan of it). Just recently, the phone number was removed.

One name he gave was George Lane (Rebecca Lane kept showing up). When doing some searching, I found a George Lane at an address that didn't show up on the map (might have been new). However, sites were giving a different phone number for him (I believe I saw 4 different phone numbers).

The Blue Horizon address, I figured out who it was as soon as I got the address (or heard about it). It gave a name and number. Someone at CAG tried calling, and it was disconnected. Later on, the phone number was no longer listed. Now, not even the address is listed.

Basically, this is a REALLY weird situation here.

i got scammed for a ds back in my early trading days. i guess the police didnt really give a shit since its been around 3 years...

i would try getting everyone in an organized chat room or something, and then just taking turns calling sierra vista pd or something. if you guys keep trying and not give up hopefully things will work out. i gave up after about a month and i regret it so much seeing as how i could have probobly got him.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']So, anyone think we should re-open this case for the heck of it?[/QUOTE]Well, the phone # at the address we sent to (Joy N.), that number was just removed recently. The other address was just removed, so I dunno. I think he's far away right now, but I dunno. I still have various screen captures of his info (before taken down), but I dunno if we can get him.

I've been monitoring completed auctions in the Sierra Vista area for a while, to see if any of our stuff was sold.

I would not be surprised if he creates another account and do the same thing. Two other scammers I remember did the same thing.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, the phone # at the address we sent to (Joy N.), that number was just removed recently. The other address was just removed, so I dunno. I think he's far away right now, but I dunno. I still have various screen captures of his info (before taken down), but I dunno if we can get him.

I've been monitoring completed auctions in the Sierra Vista area for a while, to see if any of our stuff was sold.

I would not be surprised if he creates another account and do the same thing. Two other scammers I remember did the same thing.[/quote]

I am going to try and go public with this. See if we get a hear in the news. I prolly won't work but worth a shot.

If you guys find a way to get people back, LMK. I was just recently scammed for the first time (bgriff07) out of $60, and it kinda blows. He hasn't signed in in a week.....

I don't see why someone just doesn't take some friends and go on a little road trip over to the scammers house. >_>

[quote name='DarkRequiem']I don't see why someone just doesn't take some friends and go on a little road trip over to the scammers house. >_>[/QUOTE]Well, we actually have no idea where he is since he moved. I found one possibility at a newer address, but it was removed.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']How did you get scammed? That sucks, how much Itrader feedback did he have?[/QUOTE]He had 16 feedback (19 total I believe). He messaged everyone with lower feedback, telling them to ship first. He kept it all to PMs too, so none of us knew all of what he was doing. He probably messaged around 30-40 CAGs trying to get them to deal. He was insane.

[quote name='the_punisher']If you guys find a way to get people back, LMK. I was just recently scammed for the first time (bgriff07) out of $60, and it kinda blows. He hasn't signed in in a week.....[/QUOTE]Is he a CAG or was it somewhere else? I'll do research on the person since I'm good at finding information out.

He's been gone for a while. I've given up hope. However, I'm still watching ebay and users on some trading forums carefully, to see if I catch any similarities. I will not be surprised if he's back online, with another name.

you guys can fle with the FBI Internet Fraud Division. if the accumulated total of goods is over $500 and sent across state lines, it is a recordable felony.

1 - file a local police report AND one for his town for the address you have. the cops will locate the new address used through public and DMV records for a current location.

2 - contact the postmaster in their area for forwarding addresses used at that location.

3 - call the operator and ask for any forwarding numbers from said person or location.

4 - get everyones personal info, details, activity, and valued amounts on file together in one place and contact an attorney once the police reports are filed, their clerks will run down the address for where they are, known aliases, associates, past files and complaints, etc.

5 - keep putting on the pressure. watch ebay, trade forums, google their name, address, phone numbers, etc everyday for new information.

6 - get any emails, pm's, and contact at request of the site owner or have them requested and compiled. if you can find the ISP used ( forum mod should be able to obtain IP addresses and user info from their accounts ) call them and let them know that the member used their service to institute fraud, they will trace it to the users info and most will block the account and give the info to police for case purposes if you inform them of the case id# along with any service changes.

7 - call pawnshops in that area with a list of stolen goods, a ID is required for sales of many items and locations and they can give you the info for other shops in the area. they are also videotaped ad if the case # is given and the info given to the police, they can get the transaction time/date from the sale and find the correlating video for a picture and video of the suspect.

8 - you can hit them with fraud, theft, internet fraud, intent to sell stolen goods, larceny, and many other charges. your options are there, and it is a lot of footwork, but if you want to nail them, you gotta do it.

i have worked in a fraud department for Gateway and UPS and also helped bust a few fraudsters of online sites, one currently serving 11 years for Magic the Gathering cards... go get em guys, i am also willing to look at any info to see what i can find out new.

I recently started trading here after being registered for years. I am sorry to hear that so many people got burned. With a low rating, I have to ship first and rely on everybody's feedback to decide if I am going to trade. I have experienced 3 trades that have went smoothely. I sure hope this guy goes to jail for mail fraud and dragunz is a great trader! (sorry to read that)

If I can help in any way guys, please let me know. I didn't get ripped by this guy, but I'd sure like to help you guys thrust him into jail.

I did some searching today on ebay and found something. I entered DrunkPollock's old email and found this:
The email address [email protected] is used by a valid eBay member with a feedback score of 13 (0% positive)

And his 2nd email:
The email address [email protected] is used by a valid eBay member with a feedback score of 0 (0% positive).
So anyone, be on the lookout for someone on ebay with this email, because he could very well scam you.

Still haven't found the guy yet.

[quote name='Freemason']you guys can fle with the FBI Internet Fraud Division. if the accumulated total of goods is over $500 and sent across state lines, it is a recordable felony.

1 - file a local police report AND one for his town for the address you have. the cops will locate the new address used through public and DMV records for a current location.

2 - contact the postmaster in their area for forwarding addresses used at that location.

3 - call the operator and ask for any forwarding numbers from said person or location.

4 - get everyones personal info, details, activity, and valued amounts on file together in one place and contact an attorney once the police reports are filed, their clerks will run down the address for where they are, known aliases, associates, past files and complaints, etc.

5 - keep putting on the pressure. watch ebay, trade forums, google their name, address, phone numbers, etc everyday for new information.

6 - get any emails, pm's, and contact at request of the site owner or have them requested and compiled. if you can find the ISP used ( forum mod should be able to obtain IP addresses and user info from their accounts ) call them and let them know that the member used their service to institute fraud, they will trace it to the users info and most will block the account and give the info to police for case purposes if you inform them of the case id# along with any service changes.

7 - call pawnshops in that area with a list of stolen goods, a ID is required for sales of many items and locations and they can give you the info for other shops in the area. they are also videotaped ad if the case # is given and the info given to the police, they can get the transaction time/date from the sale and find the correlating video for a picture and video of the suspect.

8 - you can hit them with fraud, theft, internet fraud, intent to sell stolen goods, larceny, and many other charges. your options are there, and it is a lot of footwork, but if you want to nail them, you gotta do it.

i have worked in a fraud department for Gateway and UPS and also helped bust a few fraudsters of online sites, one currently serving 11 years for Magic the Gathering cards... go get em guys, i am also willing to look at any info to see what i can find out new.[/quote]
Thats the best thing to do...

I just saw this topic now. Back in March we agreed on a trade for me to send Kingdom Under Fire:Circle of Doom and he would send me Army of Two. I had lower feedback so sent it first. He gave that Stardus lane address. I sent it and I never heard anything so I sent him a message. He replied saying that he for got about the trade and never received the game. So yeah :(

Well, I sure wish I would have saw this earlier. I was recently scammed by this user on NeoGAF he was using the handle "Beavertown". Unfortunelty, I didn't get any new information on this person.

bread's done
Back