Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.96 @ Walmart

Just went OOS. was able to add it to cart and after first step of checkout, it notified me that it is OOS.

Was going to find out the exact cost because $24 is a dollar less than the cost of getting it to any fellow CAG.

update:

In stock again, don't know if earlier was a glitch.
total to ship to california is 24.38

Everyone should go pick it up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just went OOS. was able to add it to cart and after first step of checkout, it notified me that it is OOS.

Was going to find out the exact cost because $24 is a dollar less than the cost of getting it to any fellow CAG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked myself and it showed up in-stock for me and let me get to end of checkout. Was just checking for everyone else as I caved last week and bought this for $30 on ebay. $6 more than it would have been shipped from Walmart but...well at least I didn't support the evil empire.

Looks like it's out of stock again. It said it was in stock, but by the time I got to checkout it was out of stock. I curse myself for spending too much time working and not enough time cagging.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Just bought this online. $24 plus change.[/QUOTE]

24 shipped? where? brand new?

also, if someone is willing to do a helpful deed and help me pick up a copy from their local walmart, i'd pay $25 shipped to boston. closest one with stock is 30 miles from me :(

[quote name='rlee17']24 shipped? where? brand new?([/QUOTE]
Dude, do you know what thread you are in? Look at the thread title for the answers to your questions.

[quote name='no_exit']Dude, do you know what thread you are in? Look at the thread title for the answers to your questions.[/QUOTE]

yeah most people are picking these up at the stores, not online which is why i asked :roll:

[quote name='Josef']It appears to be currently in stock online.[/QUOTE]
until you try checking out, it'll say it's not available.

snagged one in store, at a store that wasn't even on the inventory check. The page only showed 3 stores' stock within a 100 miles, when there's like 20 stores at least within that area lol, so don't assume a store doesn't have it because the store doesn't show up on the store check. My area showed one store 20 miles away from me with limited stock, was going to go all the way out there but stopped by another on the way and found 2 copies. If you're in CO, there's still one at quebec and I-70 as of this weekend, in the end display.

fun game, could do without all the story tho. I'm guess i've never been a fan of cheesy rpg storylines. with cuddly flying pigs. lol. Battles are starting to get pretty hard, is gonna be a tough game.

Got one for trade .. an impulse buy and I dont have an PS3 .. buyers remorse setting in .. anyway, would rather help out a fellow CAG who cant find one than to return it .. prefer to trade for Star Ocean for the X360 but willing to listen to what you have to trade

OPs: sorry if I shouldnt have posted this trade offer here .. feel free to move it into the correct forum if needs to be

Awesome game. I bought this about a month ago from Amazon (a little over $40) when I couldn't find it anywhere locally. Definitely pick it up while this offer stands.

[quote name='Virgil_Leone']Plenty here in the hampton roads area of Virginia.[/QUOTE]

I really resent moving back up to northern virginia now :\

Well it happened. Got frustrated with it. Almost always happens with this type of game. Almost gave up several times prior to this, but finally gave up after the second or third try at a stealth mission during chapter 8.

Cool concept, but build in a fraking "easy" mode people.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Well it happened. Got frustrated with it. Almost always happens with this type of game. Almost gave up several times prior to this, but finally gave up after the second or third try at a stealth mission during chapter 8.

Cool concept, but build in a fraking "easy" mode people.[/QUOTE]

I'm like the opposite - these are the only games I'm really good at.

No luck in two stores here in Sacramento.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Well it happened. Got frustrated with it. Almost always happens with this type of game. Almost gave up several times prior to this, but finally gave up after the second or third try at a stealth mission during chapter 8.

Cool concept, but build in a fraking "easy" mode people.[/QUOTE]

you can save anytime during a mission. it was definitely frustrating to get like 30 minutes into a battle only to screw up and start over. I started saving after every couple good turns, or right before i do something which could be really horrible and stupid lol. There is an easy mode in the skirmishes. The battles are a lot of fun once you start saving mid game, go read gamefaqs for a couple minutes to get some quick strategy, like running straight up to enemies and blasting them in the face point blank cause they can't fire, lol. I just wish it was easier to skip through the story segments :drool:

[quote name='jallen']snagged one in store, at a store that wasn't even on the inventory check. The page only showed 3 stores' stock within a 100 miles, when there's like 20 stores at least within that area lol, so don't assume a store doesn't have it because the store doesn't show up on the store check. My area showed one store 20 miles away from me with limited stock, was going to go all the way out there but stopped by another on the way and found 2 copies. If you're in CO, there's still one at quebec and I-70 as of this weekend, in the end display.

fun game, could do without all the story tho. I'm guess i've never been a fan of cheesy rpg storylines. with cuddly flying pigs. lol. Battles are starting to get pretty hard, is gonna be a tough game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I grabbed the last one at lunch today. I did see for a few minutes early this morning that they were still selling them online, but it changed back to sold out status.

No luck here in The Bay Area (California) I ran a check and finally something showed up on the tracker in stock. I called twice, got no answer in video games. My mother works around the corner, she went to look and they didnt have it. Even though it was showing they had it online. I don't trust that tracker period. UGH! I give up... I tried though :)

I can't believe they were available online (if only for a minute) and I missed it! I really want to find this game on the cheap.

They have this game used on walmart.com for $35. how ridiculous. And its listed right above the $20 brand new one. im gonna email them or something see if i can get some answers.

Hi I wanted to order Valkyria Chronicles (new) from walmart.com for $20- (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9904493) as it was sold out in every store within a 50 mile radius of me. So i looked on your website and it says sold out, but you have the pre-owned version for $35 (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12456995). Why would the pre-owned version be more expensive than your new version?

I really want this game I and would love to buy it through walmart, but i cant spend $15 more for a pre-owned one when you still list the new one there for $20. So do you plan to adjust the pre-owned price? Or should i take my business elsewhere?

Regards,
Danny

heheeh my semi-heated email.

Stock checker was right for once. Got the only one at the Wal-Mart in Marietta, GA. It was hidden behind a bunch of other PS3 games in the bottom of the PS3 locked cabinet.

I am posting here again wondering if I someone would pick me up a copy. I will pay for s/h. I know its a huge favor to ask for, but would greatly appreciate it. I picked up a PS3 recently and was eying this game for a while.

Hope someone can pull through. Thanks.

Picked up today at the Walmart in Southaven, MS on Goodman. I think there are 3 copies left.

Walmart on Atlantic Blvd in Pompano Beach had them marked at $40 but rang up @ $20.00

They had about 10 copies.

[quote name='danh920']in stock online atm[/QUOTE]

Frack, I knew I should have followed this thread more closely (and nope, no PS3 yet, but at this price, who cares!)

I don't suppose Walmart has a system like Best Buy or Gamecrazy where inventory can get shifted (probably involving shipping costs)? I managed to get the Xblades deal that way and snake a 17 dollar of Beautiful Katamari as well - cuz no way am I going 60 miles for a 20 dollar game

Saw 2 yesterday at the Laurel, MS one @ 20. I felt bad seeing them, knowing even at twenty bucks in a shit-kicker town like this, they are not going to sell. Might go back today to get them and give out as Xmas gifts.

Amazon TIV is $28 on this today 9/27 only, so theoretically it's a quick $6+ flip per game (Walmart $20 + tax) if you can still find copies in your area.

[quote name='neoroark']Amazon TIV is $28 on this today 9/27 only, so theoretically it's a quick $6+ flip per game (Walmart $20 + tax) if you can still find copies in your area.[/QUOTE]
Not worth the hassle unless you're going for the $30 console coupon IMO.

Snagged this yesterday. Had to go to the Wal-Mart 14 miles away (Plant City, FL; had two left after I bought mine), but it was worth it. Don't know when I'll have a chance to play the game, since I already have so many that I should go through first, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the tip, OP.

[quote name='PapiChullo']Got one at the White Marsh, MD store, but it was the last copy on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, I suggested that my brother in law check that store out, as none of the other stores appeared to have it. Worst case he'll have to go to the one by Arundel Mills (that's where I picked my copy up at).

Already had it, but my friend picked one up here. A day ago, there were still two left, and I know how our community is. They'll be there until they get clearanced.

Anyone know if they have a copy in the Louisville, KY Area? For 100 Miles says out of stock for me, Thanks.
*Edit* Put in Zip code first time, tried City, State, 3 stores have it, 20 Miles, then 2 30 milers, The 20 is limited stock though. Anyone that actually live near Corydon, Radcliff, or Scottsburg that can confirm copies are there?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reubensitos']No luck here in The Bay Area (California) I ran a check and finally something showed up on the tracker in stock. I called twice, got no answer in video games. My mother works around the corner, she went to look and they didnt have it. Even though it was showing they had it online. I don't trust that tracker period. UGH! I give up... I tried though :)[/QUOTE]What part of the Bay Area did you check? Walmart store locator doesn't show all Walmarts in an area.

Sorry if this is a repost, I drove about 50 miles today looking for a few copies for Amazon trade-in (locked in at $28) and found some in North Houston Walmart Supercenter; its on N Freeway 45, Houston, TX. You can also check store inventories and they are pretty good (don't bother with low-stock ones if you have to drive far, but if they say IN STOCK, you should be good). I'm trading them towards the Amazon $30 console promo deal :)

[quote name='teaberry']Sorry if this is a repost, I drove about 50 miles today looking for a few copies for Amazon trade-in (locked in at $28) and found some in North Houston Walmart Supercenter; its on N Freeway 45, Houston, TX. You can also check store inventories and they are pretty good (don't bother with low-stock ones if you have to drive far, but if they say IN STOCK, you should be good). I'm trading them towards the Amazon $30 console promo deal :)[/QUOTE]
already did that myself, trying to get a ps3

San Jose and called Gilroy and one in the east bay, cant remember where. And yeah the store locator is whack! Id really love a copy still lol.

[quote name='teaberry']Sorry if this is a repost, I drove about 50 miles today looking for a few copies for Amazon trade-in (locked in at $28) and found some in North Houston Walmart Supercenter; its on N Freeway 45, Houston, TX. You can also check store inventories and they are pretty good (don't bother with low-stock ones if you have to drive far, but if they say IN STOCK, you should be good). I'm trading them towards the Amazon $30 console promo deal :)[/QUOTE]

i see amazon valkyria trade in as 19.50

where do you get 28 from?

[quote name='rlee17']ok but sunday is over, so that 28 is no longer valid right?[/QUOTE]
unfortunately yes, I only found out on accident when I saw they were giving 30 dollars for consoles.

bread's done
Back