Valkyrie Profile in stock at estarland.com - complete, $94.95

:shock:

This game goes for that much? My brother has the game at his house in a big binder with other games. The case is just sitting in his room.

it doesnt matter anyway...i cant remember my damn password...and i dont receive mail through aol from them so i have to wait for online help to get my password....

From reading their fine print, apparently they have a policy that you can't trade in a game if it has visible scratches on the disc(s). I don't know if they would relax that policy to get a copy of Valkyrie Profile in stock, but it's possible.

i think they are very strict when it comes to that but you could be right...i know it comes shrinkwrapped to help it look pretty

I went up to my brothers room and took a picture of these game cases

pc2200150eb.jpg

I also spotted Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Cross and Brave Fencer Mushashi (sp?) all original boxes...are these games rare too?

[quote name='seanr1221']I went up to my brothers room and took a picture of these game cases

pc2200150eb.jpg

I also spotted Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Cross and Brave Fencer Mushashi (sp?) all original boxes...are these games rare too?[/QUOTE]
They are not necessarily rare, but high in demand (A.K.A. popular)

I lucked out on my Valkyrie Profile that I got on Ebay the begining of the year. Some guy had the Game and the Strat. Guide for a buy it now of $70. The auction had just started. I got it and when I received the package in the mail, the game looks brand new. That game really surprized me on how good it was. Well..at least I loved it :) Worth it in my book

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']It's amazing that people will pay that much for VP. I got mine at Walmart a few years back for $20 new.[/QUOTE]

ditto.

I want it. But not $94.95 bad. Gamestop has it for $37.99. Out of stock online of course but it is in stock at some local stores if you use the Check Store Availability. 1 store in Salem showed up having it when I searched.

Hold off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hold of since it is being made for the PSP AND PS2

Man, if that's true then I'm there. Many good games are being re-made. I read in Nintendo Power that Tales of Phantasia is being released (finally) in USA in March, 2006 for GBA.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']i thought it was only being remade on psp and the sequel is coming out on ps2?[/QUOTE]

That's correct.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder how much for Brand-New & Original copy Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) worth? Around $20 ??[/QUOTE]

yeah i wouldnt say much more than that. places still have the GH version new for 19.99. im guessing a non greatest hits sealed would be a few bucks more.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']It's amazing that people will pay that much for VP. I got mine at Walmart a few years back for $20 new.[/QUOTE]

I got mine from Wal-mart too for $34.95

[quote name='peteyrose']Just get the PSP version folks. Thanks for re-releasing it :D[/QUOTE]

Very unlikely that it will get released in the US.. Konami did the same thing with Suikoden I and II for psp, the US isn't getting those either.

[quote name='dafoomie']I just got the notification... They used to sell those for $49.95. Excellent deal if you have credit saved up there.[/QUOTE]

How do you get credit saved up there? By trading in games?

Nevermind! Found it on the site.

why do people keep saying remake when its only confirmed as a jap release?
They might release Suikoden1/2 in US but highly doubt VP.

I thought that the game coming out for PSP wasn't an actual remake but more of a prequel and the PS2 version is a sequel? Does anyone have a link to the actual press release for the games?

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='depascal22']I thought that the game coming out for PSP wasn't an actual remake but more of a prequel and the PS2 version is a sequel? Does anyone have a link to the actual press release for the games?

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]
the PSP version is a port (not remake) of the PSX version with a few new screen to tie in with the PS2 game, which is the presequel of the PSX version.

[quote name='62t']the PSP version is a port (not remake) of the PSX version with a few new screen to tie in with the PS2 game, which is the presequel of the PSX version.[/QUOTE]

thanks brother. looks like I'll wait to see how it translates. anyone else think this will start the PS1 wave to the PSP in full force. I'd love to see EVERY RPG ported to the PSP. i'd love to some Final Fantasy VII-IX, Legend of Dragoon, Valkyrie Profile, Persona 2, Parasite Eve, etc.....I could go on and on but this seems like an easy way to basically print money for Sony.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='62t']the remake isnt confirm for a US release[/QUOTE]

And you think importing it will cost more than $95 ?

[quote name='Zon27']And you think importing it will cost more than $95 ?[/QUOTE]

and you think it will have english text as an option?

[quote name='xrickyb86x']and you think it will have english text as an option?[/QUOTE]

That just means you're screwed. Whereas people who read japanese or don't care about the story are not.

I saw a complete/mint copy someone in town has to sell for $60. I'm thinking about it. Does that sound like too expensive to pay??

$60 is a bit much, but if it is really mint it is worth it if you never played this great game.

i think if it ever is in stock at eb or gamestop it is 35 or $40, if you go to those stores regularly( a couple of times a week for a year) then eventually you will see it come in stockl at those prices. But it might not be complete and might not be mint so it might not be a bad idea to buy it for $60

It is one of the best games for the ps1, i think sotn is a better game but valkyrie profile is a damn good game

[quote name='peteyrose']Just get the PSP version folks. Thanks for re-releasing it :D[/QUOTE]

I want the original PS1 version for collector's value. I complied a list of RPGs I want and it's one of the games I need to get.

That, and I don't want a PSP just for that game :D

a sealed non GH FF Tactics will go for over $50 almost assuredly. maybe y'all don't remember, but FFT was one of the rarest games back before it hit GH status, which the GS (formerly funcoland) sold me for $25 (i wish i had known i was paying $5 more than it should have been) and it was quite possibly the best recommendation i'd ever gotten or have gotten. back then i was a video game newbie of sorts, and if i hadn't been, i'd probably have like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Xcom and all those rare games i've never seen in my life.

btw, i sold my Valk Profile for $125 BIN shipped, without a picture because the camera was down. i bought it for

[quote name='dracula']$60 is a bit much, but if it is really mint it is worth it if you never played this great game.

i think if it ever is in stock at eb or gamestop it is 35 or $40, if you go to those stores regularly( a couple of times a week for a year) then eventually you will see it come in stockl at those prices. But it might not be complete and might not be mint so it might not be a bad idea to buy it for $60

It is one of the best games for the ps1, i think sotn is a better game but valkyrie profile is a damn good game[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GameStop price is $37.99. The store in Salem has a copy, but its an hour drive away at least. I may just wait around and check the GameStops/EB's every so often. That's where I've gooten some of the harder to find PS RPG's and such during their Buy 2, Get 1 Free sales that they have. The person with the $60 Valkyrie Profile is asking $100 for Star Ocean with strategy guide.

Other notable RPGs he has to sell:
Breath of Fire III $40
Breath of Fire IV $50
Brigandine $50
Dragon Warrior VII $65
Dragon Warrior 'Torneko, The Last Hope' $25
Final Fantasy Origins (FF I + FF II) $70
Final Fantasy Chronicles (Chrono Trigger + FF IV) $70
Final Fantasy Anthology (FF V + FF VI) $70
Final Fantasy VII (With Stat. guide) $80
Final Fantasy VIII (With Strat guide) $70
Final Fantasy IX (With Start. guide) $60
Final Fantasy Tactics (with strat. guide) $70
Kodelka (with strat. guide) $50
Lunar Silver Star Story COMPLETE (with all packaging in box set) $90
Lunar 2 'Eternal Blue' COMPLETE box set (with all packaging) $95
Rhapsody 'A Musical Adventure' $70
Suikoden $100 :!:
Suikoden II $100
Tales of Destiny $40
Tales of Destiny II $40

His prices seem a bit high (says he's a collector) as I have bought many of those mint/complete for less than half of what he's asking. And the Final Fantasy games can easily be found all over complete/mint/non-GH for $5 each. So guess I'll have to pass, since I'm not actually rich.

[quote name='depascal22']It's a good thing I foud a copy of a 10 dollar copy of Tactics on the clearance rack at Target![/QUOTE]

Original release?

[quote name='brianmoy']Yeah, GameStop price is $37.99. The store in Salem has a copy, but its an hour drive away at least. I may just wait around and check the GameStops/EB's every so often. That's where I've gooten some of the harder to find PS RPG's and such during their Buy 2, Get 1 Free sales that they have. The person with the $60 Valkyrie Profile is asking $100 for Star Ocean with strategy guide.

Other notable RPGs he has to sell:
Breath of Fire III $40
Breath of Fire IV $50
Brigandine $50
Dragon Warrior VII $65
Dragon Warrior 'Torneko, The Last Hope' $25
Final Fantasy Origins (FF I + FF II) $70
Final Fantasy Chronicles (Chrono Trigger + FF IV) $70
Final Fantasy Anthology (FF V + FF VI) $70
Final Fantasy VII (With Stat. guide) $80
Final Fantasy VIII (With Strat guide) $70
Final Fantasy IX (With Start. guide) $60
Final Fantasy Tactics (with strat. guide) $70
Kodelka (with strat. guide) $50
Lunar Silver Star Story COMPLETE (with all packaging in box set) $90
Lunar 2 'Eternal Blue' COMPLETE box set (with all packaging) $95
Rhapsody 'A Musical Adventure' $70
Suikoden $100 :!:
Suikoden II $100
Tales of Destiny $40
Tales of Destiny II $40

His prices seem a bit high (says he's a collector) as I have bought many of those mint/complete for less than half of what he's asking. And the Final Fantasy games can easily be found all over complete/mint/non-GH for $5 each. So guess I'll have to pass, since I'm not actually rich.[/QUOTE]

Those are ridiculous prices. Tales of Destiny 2 if it is complete and mint is a good deal. The rest are completely overpriced, unless they are factory sealed originals, then they are somewhat correct. If they are factory sealed pick up the Tales of Destiny's and Brigandine for men and ill pay you

Wow, that guy's a real piece of work... I've got Koudelka, SO2, and Xenogears in my trade bin (granted, they're not sealed and don't have the guides...) for a good bit less.

It's time to go Valkyrie huntin' again.

-sailorneorune

idk where you can find the FFs non-GH for $5, feel free to share. there's a non GH FF VII for $20 at my gamestop, i might be able to make a couple bucks on it, but doubtful.

anyway, i want Brigandine and Tales of Destiny so bad. i passed up on a complete brigandine a few years ago before i realized it was rare. same with ToD, but it was more expensive than Brigandine, so understandable.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']idk where you can find the FFs non-GH for $5, feel free to share. there's a non GH FF VII for $20 at my gamestop, i might be able to make a couple bucks on it, but doubtful.

anyway, i want Brigandine and Tales of Destiny so bad. i passed up on a complete brigandine a few years ago before i realized it was rare. same with ToD, but it was more expensive than Brigandine, so understandable.[/QUOTE]

Keep an eye on the EB Morning Thread update...I was able to pick up near-mint copies of TOD 2, Brigandine and Suikoden II (of all games!) a month or so back. But anything near-mint complete is pretty few and far between these days.

It seems with the GS/EB merger a lot more stuff is shaking loose.

bread's done
Back