VGM VS. The World: 5th Strike (Fighter Thread 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The VGM

Banned
Akuma says: Post

akumabadass7ud.jpg

'kay.

so....................Who wants to make the REAL next fighter thread.....:lol:

wtf you babbling about

Edit:

Obviously you didnt pick up on the VS game reference. Seeing has people whine a lot and argue with me I made it VGM VS. The World and 5th strike I stole from 3rd Strike, the 5 being for the 5th thread. People might get confused and think it was a joke topic if it didn't have Fighter Thread 5 in the title. You all caught up now?

Edit 2: Kinda like this, only not retarded: the king of fighter thread 3: dream match never ends

[quote name='The VGM']wtf you babbling about

Edit:

Obviously you didnt pick up on the VS game reference. Seeing has people whine a lot and argue with me I made it VGM VS. The World and 5th strike I stole from 3rd Strike, the 5 being for the 5th thread. People might get confused and think it was a joke topic if it didn't have Fighter Thread 5 in the title. You all caught up now?

Edit 2: Kinda like this, only not retarded: the king of fighter thread 3: dream match never ends[/QUOTE]

I picked it up, just giving ya hard time ;-)

So, let's actually DISCUSS fighters again. I'll start:

Anyone think the inclusion of a jump button would benefit the traditional Capcom fighter set-up? Seven buttons seems excessive, but think of all those extra directions for command inputs. Just a thought...

Anyone have experience with KoF '03? I enjoy using Hinako and could use some playing tips.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Anyone think the inclusion of a jump button would benefit the traditional Capcom fighter set-up? Seven buttons seems excessive, but think of all those extra directions for command inputs. Just a thought...[/QUOTE]
Meh, I don't think it's really necissary. That may step over the line from "deep" to "over-complicated"

[quote name='Apossum']I picked it up, just giving ya hard time ;-)[/QUOTE]

I figured.

sub, Akuma says: No pansies allowed (realized that was confusing, Kyo's the pansy, not you :D )

akuma43ff.jpg

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']So, let's actually DISCUSS fighters again. I'll start:

Anyone think the inclusion of a jump button would benefit the traditional Capcom fighter set-up? Seven buttons seems excessive, but think of all those extra directions for command inputs. Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

When did you ever discuss fighters? Anyways, no. Look what happened with the turn button in GG:I

I'm thinking about getting an arcade machine, but if I do so I'll probably just put a PC/XBOX inside with Mame so I can run most of the CPS1/CPS2/NeoGeo fighting games... no way in hell can I afford all the boards...

I'm starting to play ST a lot now... old school goodness...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']edited for size. pic by subby.[/QUOTE]

thats a pretty cool picture. i didnt know kyo was a machine...

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm thinking about getting an arcade machine, but if I do so I'll probably just put a PC/XBOX inside with Mame so I can run most of the CPS1/CPS2/NeoGeo fighting games... no way in hell can I afford all the boards...

I'm starting to play ST a lot now... old school goodness...[/QUOTE]

Don't you only need game carts if you have a CPS2 board? A PC or console would probably be a better choice to put inside though.

For CPS2 you just need an A board... B boards are the games... it's kinda like it's own system, you need the A board in order to run the Bs(carts)...

CPS1 has thier own boards... but yea you're right, I should just put my XBOX or a PC in and run them via MAME, most of the games I want to play are readily available emulated anyways...

Now to save up for a T5: DR board.... -_- ...

[quote name='2poor']thats a pretty cool picture. i didnt know kyo was a machine...[/QUOTE]

That's not Kyo, it's Kusangi, the evil clone of Kyo.

Kind of confusing =/

the batteries die in the CPS boards and to get them replaced or fixed so they want is supposed to be a big bitch. Why in the hell you would put a battery in the board that is hard to replace and kills the board basically is beyond me.

Hey here's a little activiy we could do: Post some your favorite combos from any fighter you want. I'll start off:

Tekken 5 (Steve) - d/f 2, 2, 121~flk 3+4, 2 (my bread and butter juggle)

Third Strike (Dudley) - j.HK, s.HK xx EX MGB, lp.MGB, lk.SSB xx SA1 or SA2

My Bread and Butter Juggles for Tekken 5:

Steve - d/f+2, b+1~B, FLK 1, f,f, 1,2,1~B, FLK 1~B, FLK 3+4,2
King - u/f+4, f+2,2, 1, 1, f,f,f+2+4
Nina - d,d/b+3, d/f+3,2~SSL+1~B~u/f+4, 1, u/f+1, d+3+4
Lee - u/f+4, 4,3,4, f,f+3

Damn I could list hundreds, but they all differ whether or not a wall is nearby...

But those are among my favorite ones to do...

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']So, let's actually DISCUSS fighters again. I'll start:

Anyone think the inclusion of a jump button would benefit the traditional Capcom fighter set-up? Seven buttons seems excessive, but think of all those extra directions for command inputs. Just a thought...

Anyone have experience with KoF '03? I enjoy using Hinako and could use some playing tips.[/QUOTE]

Hinako was one of my least favorite characters, If it was anyone else I might be able to help. In fact I don't really like any of the girls in 2K3

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Anyone think the inclusion of a jump button would benefit the traditional Capcom fighter set-up? Seven buttons seems excessive, but think of all those extra directions for command inputs. Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

No ... it's not like there's a desperate need for extra directions. :lol:

[quote name='MarkMan']Steve - d/f+2, b+1~B, FLK 1, f,f, 1,2,1~B, FLK 1~B, FLK 3+4,2
King - u/f+4, f+2,2, 1, 1, f,f,f+2+4
Nina - d,d/b+3, d/f+3,2~SSL+1~B~u/f+4, 1, u/f+1, d+3+4
Lee - u/f+4, 4,3,4, f,f+3[/QUOTE]

wtf are you talking about

Dfp/2p->

Rival Schools - Great Game. Good find.

Def Jam: Fight For New York - I haven't played it yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Street Fighter EX 3 - The EX series is really either love it or hate it, so you're gonna have to pass judgement on it yourself.

I need a legend for all games, so I can discuss combos....I have a few for each game, but I'm mostly an intuitive player.

I wish I could get a screen cap from CvS2-- I turned Hibiki into Yorda from ICO and looks pretty cool :)

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow, a jampack worth owning, I thought I'd never see the day![/QUOTE]

that jampack with a demo of IQ was worth owning.

[quote name='2poor']that jampack with a demo of IQ was worth owning.[/QUOTE]
same with the one with puzzle fighter (might have just been a demo)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Why in the hell you would put a battery in the board that is hard to replace and kills the board basically is beyond me.[/QUOTE]This was done to prevent bootleggers. The battery is what kept the encryption key active (to decrypt the ROMS) and when the battery died, the encryption key is lost (thus keeping the ROM chips from being copied). If you have a 'Suicide Board' there is hope http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/suicide.html . You can send the chips in to have them reprogrammed with unencrypted keys (Which also negates the need to have a battery)

so i spent a little time with my new games

SFex3 is VERY different from what i was expecting (the last i played was ex+a about 7 years ago) from what i played i liked, but im going to have to play more to get used to the whole team system...

i dug rival schools, but could anyone tall me the differences in the discs? other than evoltion having more modes, are there added moves and stuff?

def jam didnt work...eeh what d you want for $1?

[quote name='2poor']cant you just run power through the board to prevent it from killing itself?[/QUOTE]
Sure... If you want a higher power bill ;).. Seriously though, if you leave the board powered on for a few hours then cut the power, you should be able to swap the battery out (It's soldiered on so it's fun!) as the capacitors should have about an hour worth of charge before it needs to go to the battery. If you do this to your boards every five years you should be good. Or you can send your chips to the cps2shock dude and you won't have to worry about switchin up the battery period.

[quote name='2poor']i just want these boards cracked so i can play some new games on mame online.[/QUOTE]CPS2 has been cracked for sometime now. It's all of the 3D Capcom fighters I'm waiting for be unleash. SFEX and Rival Schools are somewhat playable on Mame (on a decent PC and Video) but the sound skips like mad. Drives me nuts!

[quote name='2poor']i heard on this board there isnt cvs2 and sf3 on mame though.[/QUOTE]I was refering to the actual hardware emulation. Those two games you mentioned are not on CPS2 hardware. CVS2 is Naomi and SF3 is CPS3. I WISH they had those emulated :drool:

Also, some great news for Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. It seems that there will be FOUR new characters not just the previously mentioned Lili and Dragunov. No other information was given at this time but expect to see two other characters time-released after the game is released in December.

i just saw the totle thread and couldn't help but laugh. it really captured what was going on in the previous thread.

ok, and punqsux, congrats on picking up FFNY and rival schools. i didn't like EX3 much if at all. it just didn't feel right.zangief has all the power and the SPD is easy to pull off. guile sucks monkey balls in this one, and who really cares about the arika characters? the only ones that were bad-as were allen snider and blair, and each were only in one game.

[quote name='2poor']his combos make a lot more sense then yours. i dont understand your combo at all.

cr. foward kick xx shippu.

[quote name='MarkMan']Also, some great news for Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. It seems that there will be FOUR new characters not just the previously mentioned Lili and Dragunov. No other information was given at this time but expect to see two other characters time-released after the game is released in December.[/QUOTE]

!!!!!!!!!

Awesomeness abounds. Any word on a console release yet?

Veering off-topic for a second: I am proud to report that I fixed the Fighter/Anime/Comic/Game Babes thread (briefly referred to in the last fighter thread). There was a disturbing lack of Morrigan that needed to be addressed.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63653

As far as Tekken 5 goes... man am I glad I held off on buying it. It sounds like this new version will have a ton of stuff. Tekken 5: Substance or whatever it's called.

Oh and speaking of Rival Schools... what was the deal with that unlocked character that had like a split box on the select screen with two characters on it? I tried everything I could think of but I could only select the first person. I could never get to that person on the bottom half of the picture. Project Justice might have also had something similar, but I forget.

[quote name='evanft']!!!!!!!!!

Awesomeness abounds. Any word on a console release yet?[/QUOTE]
Only words I wanna see for the T5: DR console release are: Online multiplayer format confirmed. Before people talk about how much lag will hurt the game I just wanna say that no matter the lag I would rather have the random lag free matches with good players than lame lagless home versus matches with my casual player friends.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Only words I wanna see for the T5: DR console release are: Online multiplayer format confirmed. Before people talk about how much lag will hurt the game I just wanna say that no matter the lag I would rather have the random lag free matches with good players than lame lagless home versus matches with my casual player friends.[/QUOTE]

IMO any mode that namco adds to the game will be great, and the addition of 4 new characters is good enough for me... *gasp* might it be kunimitsu!? I am not a big fan of hers, but I def think she would be great for a comeback.

oh... and wtf is up with all the Falcoon illustations on the 1st page?

Not sure if Falcoon did the artwork for SVC, but Falcoon was at E3 this year signing some posters at the SNK booth, so it's a possibility.... :)

*goes to take pictures of my posters*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back