VGM VS. The World: 5th Strike (Fighter Thread 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The VGM']It was some DW like game based off an old anime.

I was just playing KOF 2003 for Xbox, it looked different then the PS2 version, but maybe that's just me. It's much better then the previous ones. It plays like a Capcom fighter.[/QUOTE]

Alot of people liked KOF 2K3 the best and I think it's just because of the tag system. The new characters didn't intrest me, and the fact that only the leaders could do SDMs was annoying. I'll have to check out the X-Box version to see if it looks better. I plan on getting it sometime soon, as soo as I get my freakin' X-Box.

cvs3 was annouced years ago too. its sad that capcom is giving up 2d for 3d games like dmc.
i never liked any of capcoms 3d games. they should stick to what theyre actually good at.

[quote name='2poor']cvs3 was annouced years ago too. its sad that capcom is giving up 2d for 3d games like dmc.
i never liked any of capcoms 3d games. they should stick to what theyre actually good at.[/QUOTE]
When did they give up 2D games?

Also, Sammy vs Capcom is developed by Sammy, not Capcom.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']When did they give up 2D games?[/QUOTE]

when they stopped producing them.

[quote name='2poor']when they stopped producing them.[/QUOTE]
:|

Like did they ever make a statement that they were ceasing production of all 2D games? And didn't they just announce a new 2D fighter?

[quote name='SilverPaw750']DW? And where could I find some info about it?

EDIT: Also, what the hell happened to Sammy vs Capcom? It was announced a LONG time ago.[/QUOTE]

Dynasty Warriors.

Rodimus, I didn't say better, I said different. The characters looked worse (that usually happens with xbox ports) the hud looked different, and the backgrounds looked different.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']:|

Like did they ever make a statement that they were ceasing production of all 2D games? And didn't they just announce a new 2D fighter?[/QUOTE]

they didnt make a statement, but i assumed theyve given up making good 2d fighters after the cancelation of cvs3 and when they didnt announce sf4.

edit: plus they never even thought of mvc3 probably.

edit2: howd that dl go vgm?

[quote name='2poor']they didnt make a statement, but i assumed theyve given up making good 2d fighters after the cancelation of cvs3 and when they didnt announce sf4.

edit: plus they never even thought of mvc3 probably.
[/QUOTE]

Capcom never thought of MvC 3? This is the company who is a sequel machine, they probably thought of it, but got outbid on the license by Activision I believe at the time, or they thought the cost of the license wasn't worth it in the end, now that Marvel is currently blowing up.

Capcom of Japan announced that Capcom Fighting Evolution was their last 2d game, that's why there was such a huge backlash on it. Way to go out with a whimper instead of a bang, Capcom.

And to another post of yours in relation to their 3d games, you mentioned that Capcom should "stick to what they are good at?" I think you are confusing personal opinion with fact, because Capcom's 3D games such as Resident Evil 4 and DMC 3 are some of the best in the industry. I could see using that quote if you are talking about say, SNK, but to claim that Capcom makes bad 3d games, you must be heavily smoking the crack pipe.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Capcom doesn't care about 2D anymore. They make much more money on other projects. Now they just whore off their Street Fighter franchise to the highest bidder.

When you think about the situation, it's kinda stupid. Capcom still makes money off the Street Fighter name with comics, toys, crappy animes and a ton of other BS, but no new Street Fighter Video Game. It leads me to think why exactly are they making merchindise for a game they don't want to make anymore. If it has a big enough fan base to merchindise for, why over look the franchise over and over again?

That's why I like SNK. Even though they haven't made a GREAT fighter in awhile, they still make games for the niche genre.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I've said it before and I'll say it again, Capcom doesn't care about 2D anymore. They make much more money on other projects. Now they just whore off their Street Fighter franchise to the highest bidder.

When you think about the situation, it's kinda stupid. Capcom still makes money off the Street Fighter name with comics, toys, crappy animes and a ton of other BS, but no new Street Fighter Video Game. It leads me to think why exactly are they making merchindise for a game they don't want to make anymore. If it has a big enough fan base to merchindise for, why over look the franchise over and over again?

That's why I like SNK. Even though they haven't made a GREAT fighter in awhile, they still make games for the niche genre.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, King of Fighters 2003 was pretty great. Neo Geo Battle Colisseum looks great, as well.

Plus, it probably costs alot less to cash in on a license than it does to actually churn out something new and involved with it. I mean, people will ALWAYS buy SF merchanidse, but if Capcom makes a new SF and messes it up, that's just a bunch of lost money.

2poor, if you don't like Onimusha, DMC, and Resident Evil you should just get it over with. Jump off the roof of your house or something.

The DL is almost finished.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I've said it before and I'll say it again, Capcom doesn't care about 2D anymore. They make much more money on other projects. Now they just whore off their Street Fighter franchise to the highest bidder.

That's why I like SNK. Even though they haven't made a GREAT fighter in awhile, they still make games for the niche genre.[/QUOTE]

If Capcom actually invested more time in the 2D fighters a bit more and maybe revitalized some franchises that would make a great comeback (here's hoping for a more adult story oriented Captian Commando... that game has so much odd potential :) ).

Obviously Capcom hasn't totally left the 2D genre (proof in the fact that they are pumping out a fist of the north star game. If Capcom america has the rights to SF, I think it's their soul purpose to move the series forward themselves, not waiting on Japan... all they need to do is get Udon to do the art, and the game would look great.

I just picked up Capcom Evo the other day talk about lack of moves Ryu doesn't even have his super hurricane kick! bah

[quote name='CaoPi']I just picked up Capcom Evo the other day talk about lack of moves Ryu doesn't even have his super hurricane kick! bah[/QUOTE]

The hell?

Meh, I'll pick this up on the cheap...

hah yea even at 15 bucks I found it barely worthed. Only new interesting characters I used were Kenji and Ingrid. THey also have some comic style endings.

[quote name='CaoPi']hah yea even at 15 bucks I found it barely worthed. Only new interesting characters I used were Kenji and Ingrid. THey also have some comic style endings. [/QUOTE]

all the non sprite art (backgrounds, endings, menus, case cover) were all done by UDON... that's the only highlight of the game. And anyway, if you have a PSP and pick up SFA3:Double Upper, ingrid's in there also, so bleh :p

Capcom Evolution just felt empty.......no reason to play it if ya own any of the quality capcom games.

Speaking of which SFA3 on the DC rulez my face. Found it disc only at an EB the other day. I love world mode and dramatic battle and all the extra characters.

[quote name='Apossum']Capcom Evolution just felt empty.......no reason to play it if ya own any of the quality capcom games.

Speaking of which SFA3 on the DC rulez my face. Found it disc only at an EB the other day. I love world mode and dramatic battle and all the extra characters.[/QUOTE]

it's hard for me to believe you never played SFA3... it's the best SF game I have ever played IMO... I'd rather see this series get a sequal than the actual regular Street Fighter series.

played it in the arcade and on Mame a bit and thought it was decent, but the DC version is a whole new game.

[quote name='Apossum']Speaking of which SFA3 on the DC rulez my face. Found it disc only at an EB the other day. I love world mode and dramatic battle and all the extra characters.[/QUOTE]

But you can't blame lag when you lose!

On another note, that FF movie was the shiz.

[quote name='The VGM']But you can't blame lag when you lose!

On another note, that FF movie was the shiz.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll wait for when the FF movie is actually released here in the US of A. I need to see my man Cid in action...

also, as a side note: I just realized how painful and lifelong damage this game's throw is: In Project Justice do Shoma's regular throw (LP+HP).... ow! wheelchair for life if you survive that one buddy.

[quote name='The VGM']But you can't blame lag when you lose!

On another note, that FF movie was the shiz.[/QUOTE]

I say that I can win and lose fairly....touche! If you think Kaillera doesn't lag, you're fooling yerself :p

I finally got my copy of Street Figher Collection vol. 1 in the mail today. From playing Super Turbo for a bit, I've noticed two things:

-The AI is far more forgiving here that is was in AC. I had it set on 4 starts, and it actually played like it was on 4 stars. I set Hyper Street Fighter on its easiest setting and the AI still raped me with cheap shit like psychic AI and no charge time for moves (consecutive Sonic Booms? WTF?).

-The loads times fuckin' blow.

I've yet to try out Alpha 2 Gold.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']also, as a side note: I just realized how painful and lifelong damage this game's throw is: In Project Justice do Shoma's regular throw (LP+HP).... ow! wheelchair for life if you survive that one buddy.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Shoma doesn't play around!

ALpha 2 gold is more of a remix version Cammy is in it, Guy has this new type raging demon super, Sagats taunt, I think Dan has new taunts in that also besides that your not missing much from the original Alpha 2 oh and the original Alpha 2 has capcom artwork while Alpha 2 gold doesn't!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:lol:

Shoma doesn't play around![/QUOTE]

yeah... he's one seriously pissed off baseball player that needs some anger management... oddly enough the first time I played Rival Schools he was instantly my favorite... plus his voice actor has one badass voice.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah... he's one seriously pissed off baseball player that needs some anger management... oddly enough the first time I played Rival Schools he was instantly my favorite... plus his voice actor has one badass voice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he sounds freaking insane when he's screaming!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, he sounds freaking insane when he's screaming![/QUOTE]

Yeah, Rival Schools/Project Justice probably has my favorite voice acting in a japanese fighter... it seems that every time the USA dubs fighters from japan, they do an okay voice over or a horrible (KOF: Max Impact)... Like Soul Calibur 2's american version of Heihachi's voice... I could almost swear it's a black dude doing the voice. The only american fighter that has decent (if not overly silly sometimes) voice acting is the Mortal Kombat series.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']If Capcom actually invested more time in the 2D fighters a bit more and maybe revitalized some franchises that would make a great comeback (here's hoping for a more adult story oriented Captian Commando... that game has so much odd potential :) ).

Obviously Capcom hasn't totally left the 2D genre (proof in the fact that they are pumping out a fist of the north star game. If Capcom america has the rights to SF, I think it's their soul purpose to move the series forward themselves, not waiting on Japan... all they need to do is get Udon to do the art, and the game would look great.[/QUOTE]

I thought the Fist of the North Star is being made by Arc Systems.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I thought the Fist of the North Star is being made by Arc Systems.[/QUOTE]

:lol: yeah, ur probably right... but wasn't capcom publishing it? Capcom needs to do some in-house dev more with their fighters...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: yeah, ur probably right... but wasn't capcom publishing it? Capcom needs to do some in-house dev more with their fighters...[/QUOTE]

According to the site I found the info from it's being published by Sega. I know Sega and Sammy merged or something like that.

if Arc System Works developed Sammy vs. Capcom (wouldn't it just be GG vs. Capcom?) I would poop my panties...i mean pants.

[quote name='Apossum']if Arc System Works developed Sammy vs. Capcom (wouldn't it just be GG vs. Capcom?) I would poop my panties...i mean pants.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much. I remember when they were first talking about the idea Sammy was entertaining the thought of using alot of Darkstalker characters. Which sucks for me if they go through with it. Darkstalkers is probably my least favorite Capcom fighter. I never really liked the characters.

DS actually would work well with going against the GG series, but I think would actually shy away more players. I smarter move would be just to throw in all the insane capcom characters against the GG guys.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']DS actually would work well with going against the GG series, but I think would actually shy away more players. I smarter move would be just to throw in all the insane capcom characters against the GG guys.[/QUOTE]

They should put in Wood-Man from Megaman 2.

Dan VS. Sol

Sol = Dead.

If they did some tag team shit I'd love to team up Dan and Faust (I'd have to think of another team for 3v3).

[quote name='The VGM']Dan VS. Sol

Sol = Dead.

If they did some tag team shit I'd love to team up Dan and Faust (I'd have to think of another team for 3v3).[/QUOTE]

yeah, that would actualyl be pretty awsome... I love faust... probably Zappa would fit in nicely if there were a 3v3

[quote name='2poor']bump. this thread is fucken dying man![/QUOTE]

yeah i thought so too. i guess we're all waiting for official word from the TGS later on. wait, doesn't it start tomorrow? maybe markman or rodimus knows.

::inserts token::

I'm having a ball playing Alpha 2 Gold. I didn't think I'd get this much enjoyment out of it as I am. So far I like using Charlie the best, which is suprising since I was never the biggest Guile fan and I typically dislike charge characters.

[quote name='Purple Flames']::inserts token::

I'm having a ball playing Alpha 2 Gold. I didn't think I'd get this much enjoyment out of it as I am. So far I like using Charlie the best, which is suprising since I was never the biggest Guile fan and I typically dislike charge characters.[/QUOTE]

I always like charge characters. Guile and E. Honda are fun. I'm starting to play some SF III now and Remy is pretty much Guile/Charlie.

I highly recommend the SF:AC Brady guide for anyone who wants to get better at 3rd strike. I'm learning how to kick some major ass with Makoto and Ibuki :)

[quote name='Apossum']I highly recommend the SF:AC Brady guide for anyone who wants to get better at 3rd strike. I'm learning how to kick some major ass with Makoto and Ibuki :)[/QUOTE]

I might do that.

Do those Xbox Street Fighter controllers with the holograms have a communicator port? I am dropping hints to friends for the Guile version for my upcoming birthday(naturally), but every pic I have seen doesn't show a communicator port.

I heard the pad on the xbox version of SF controllers are worse compared to PS2 version, being more loose, you have a hard time entering qcf,qcb moves! I usually only jump on these controller deals when they reach 9.99 or less :lol: the price which I paid at gamestop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back