VGM VS. The World: 5th Strike (Fighter Thread 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to spice up discussion a bit:

I am realizing more and more that fighting game groups/tourneys consist of mostly hispanics and asians, with blacks comming in third... I was just wondering what exactly draws these cultures to this sort of competitiveness? It's a rare find for me where I live to see an all american boy playing tourney level at Tekken 5... In fact, I'm probably the closest to that in my area, since I am half american and half hispanic, but look more american than I do hispanic. Please don't take the above stated as a racial slur or whatever... it's just an observation. Any opinions on this?

From the biggest major tournament, it's a huge mix... at EVO2005... it was mostly asian... but theres a strong mix of everyone else up in there...

In San Diego it's mostly Asian...

[quote name='evanft']\m/SOUL CALIBUR\m/[/QUOTE]

Throwing up the horns and a Snoop av? :nottalking:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I am realizing more and more that fighting game groups/tourneys consist of mostly hispanics and asians, with blacks comming in third... I was just wondering what exactly draws these cultures to this sort of competitiveness? It's a rare find for me where I live to see an all american boy playing tourney level at Tekken 5... In fact, I'm probably the closest to that in my area, since I am half american and half hispanic, but look more american than I do hispanic. Please don't take the above stated as a racial slur or whatever... it's just an observation. Any opinions on this?[/QUOTE]

I can see the asian part, don't know about blacks and hispanics. I always assumed it would be a lot of white dudes and asians at these things

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just to spice up discussion a bit:

I am realizing more and more that fighting game groups/tourneys consist of mostly hispanics and asians, with blacks comming in third... I was just wondering what exactly draws these cultures to this sort of competitiveness? It's a rare find for me where I live to see an all american boy playing tourney level at Tekken 5... In fact, I'm probably the closest to that in my area, since I am half american and half hispanic, but look more american than I do hispanic. Please don't take the above stated as a racial slur or whatever... it's just an observation. Any opinions on this?[/QUOTE]

its mostly hispanics, those nerd asians, or the wankster asians that play here. hispanics are hardcore at cvs2 where i live. i cant even touch them. i beat the asians with little effort though.

White boys play Smash Brothers. :lol:

[quote name='The VGM']Throwing up the horns and a Snoop av? :nottalking: [/QUOTE]

Did you even look at Snoop's hands in the av? :lol:

[quote name='2poor']its mostly hispanics, those nerd asians, or the wankster asians that play here. hispanics are hardcore at cvs2 where i live. i cant even touch them. i beat the asians with little effort though.[/QUOTE]

lol, wigger asians are hilarious. I go to their myspaces and laugh.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']White boys play Smash Brothers. :lol:

Did you even look at Snoop's hands in the av? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Correction: Pedo's play SSB. How do you think they lure the kids in?

And no I didn't that, but thats probably why evanft likes the picture. I just lost a lot of my respect for Snoop.

[quote name='The VGM']Correction: Pedo's play SSB. How do you think they lure the kids in?

And no I didn't that, but thats probably why evanft likes the picture. I just lost a lot of my respect for Snoop.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm hispanic. Mostly.

It's hard to lose respect for Snoop after all these years. I wouldn't think there was much left anyway. :lol:

[quote name='The VGM']lol, wigger asians are hilarious. I go to their myspaces and laugh.

Correction: Pedo's play SSB. How do you think they lure the kids in?

And no I didn't that, but thats probably why evanft likes the picture. I just lost a lot of my respect for Snoop.[/QUOTE]

have you seen those wiggers from the bay area? the bay area thugz. someone has to know what im talking about and post that picture of them. itll be hilarious.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Hey, I'm hispanic. Mostly.

It's hard to loose respect for Snoop after all these years. I wouldn't think there was much left anyway. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about race? And yeah I actually didn't have much respect for him anymore in the first place.

[quote name='2poor']have you seen those wiggers from the bay area? the bay area thugz. someone has to know what im talking about and post that picture of them. itll be hilarious.[/QUOTE]

No, but I'm nowhere near cali, so I don't think it would be unusual that I haven't.

[quote name='2poor']have you seen those wiggers from the bay area? the bay area thugz. someone has to know what im talking about and post that picture of them. itll be hilarious.[/QUOTE]

stuntaz.jpg

these?

[quote name='Apossum']
stuntaz.jpg

these?[/QUOTE]

nah those are white wiggers. the bay area thugs are asian.

edit: i remember there was a thread a long time ago with their homepage which had the picture im talking about. i dont remember what the thread was though.

I thought I clicked on the wrong thread for a minute...

If there is one fighting game that you wish would come out on a North American system which would it be?

For me it would be Samurai Shodown IV.

That was my fault, I should have said "game already in Japan that hasn't been released in NA", or something like that.

C vs. S 3 would be nice though...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That was my fault, I should have said "game already in Japan that hasn't been released in NA", or something like that.

C vs. S 3 would be nice though...[/QUOTE]

ok that makes it better. i want any of the new kof games on ps2 that just came out.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I thought I clicked on the wrong thread for a minute...

If there is one fighting game that you wish would come out on a North American system which would it be?

For me it would be Samurai Shodown IV.[/QUOTE]

I wish Melty Blood would get a commercial release.

[quote name='The VGM']I got 2 Icy Hot Stuntaz songs. Can't fuck with them. Appossum is the one in the tight ass lime green joggers.[/QUOTE]

you wish you had my joggaz.

even though I have both of the official releases, I still say melty blood with live support :)

How would they do melty blood? MB on one disc and react on another? MB and the one in the arcades? A one disc type deal?

first, they'd clean up the blockiness of the sprites. Then they'd translate it to english so I can enjoy the HUGE story mode. They'd just release it as Melty Blood: ReAct Final Tuned all on one disc, since each installment is just an upgrade of the regular game. (or it might have a stupid Americanized name like Street Battle: The Fight or Power Strikers: Fight Power Battle)

woohoo lots of interesting info this week! MOF: maximum impact 2 has been announced. with 4 new characters as of this post. two of them being *drumroll* KULA and BILLY KANE!

and in more KOF news, the anime will be called king of fighters: another day (lame title) the screenshots that i've seen look pretty bad-ass! clark, lien (from MI), billy kane and rock howard will make an appearance in the anime

the king of fighters: orochi version (ps2) will be bundled with a neogeo stick with either kyo's sun or iori's moon down the middle. these looks hella sweet!

the last blae will be getting the online treatment as well/ (kinda makes me wish i had a japanese ps2 :()

neogeo battle colliseum will have a ps2 release as well (japan only) with more stages and an arranged soundtrack. oh and online enabled.

samurai shodown tenka will be released for the ps2 this winter (again japan only) with new characters, backgrounds, arranged music and online enabled

BEST NEWS EVER!!! SNK vs. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS!!!! it's been announced but with no other info. falcoon announced this at the TGS and will mos tlikely be drawing each of the cards ( at least i hope he does)

[quote name='gigan54']
BEST NEWS EVER!!! SNK vs. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS!!!! it's been announced but with no other info. falcoon announced this at the TGS and will mos tlikely be drawing each of the cards ( at least i hope he does)[/QUOTE]

Shit yes! hell yeah! i was a mad freak about the NGPC version, and this one will get me more freakish! awsome... falcoon's art is also a sweet plus. Hooray! joy joy joy! best announcement at TGS so far for me... any links on this?

[quote name='MarkMan']I second VGM with Tobal 2... I loved that game... *holds import copy in the air*[/QUOTE]

i liked part 1 better. I felt there was way too much slowdown to enjoy 2--though everything else was improved.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Shit yes! hell yeah! i was a mad freak about the NGPC version, and this one will get me more freakish! awsome... falcoon's art is also a sweet plus. Hooray! joy joy joy! best announcement at TGS so far for me... any links on this?[/QUOTE]

Awsome, I just got a DS yesterday. The DS really has a bunch of games I'm intrested in now.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Awsome, I just got a DS yesterday. The DS really has a bunch of games I'm intrested in now.[/QUOTE]

yeah, oddly enough the DS has probably less titles than the PSP ATM, but the value of the games on it compared to the PSP are exceedingly better... but both are very good systems (own both).

just a question to anyone who's played Darkstalkers on the PSP: how bad is the hand cramping? I'm looking forward to SFA3 Double Upper on the PSP, but hand cramping might really ruin it for me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']but both are very good systems (own both).[/QUOTE]

Don't kid yourself. Accept the fact that you paid $250 for a movie player.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
just a question to anyone who's played Darkstalkers on the PSP: how bad is the hand cramping? I'm looking forward to SFA3 Double Upper on the PSP, but hand cramping might really ruin it for me.[/QUOTE]

Depends on yer hands I guess-- I have medium sized hands and I could play for about a half hour before it got unbearable. More importantly though, pulling off specials and combos was a pain in the ass, since the D-pad is tiny and it's placed at an awkard angle from the L button.

I second that. Your hands will tire after about 30 min.
Your patience will tire before that, as standard quarter-circle motions are nigh impossible to acheive with any regularity. Study up your charge characters!

I don't do anything aside from play SNES/NES/GEN/NEOCD games on my PSP... I can't stand watching movies on small screens...

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I second that. Your hands will tire after about 30 min.
Your patience will tire before that, as standard quarter-circle motions are nigh impossible to acheive with any regularity. Study up your charge characters![/QUOTE]

yeah, I was all about BB hood when I had a PSP :)

[quote name='MarkMan']I don't do anything aside from play SNES/NES/GEN/NEOCD games on my PSP... I can't stand watching movies on small screens...[/QUOTE]

This is the only reason I'd ever get a PSP.

So the SNK vs Capcom Cardfighter game for DS will be a brand new installation or a remake of the first two? I'm asuming it'll be new.

[quote name='MarkMan']I don't do anything aside from play SNES/NES/GEN/NEOCD games on my PSP... I can't stand watching movies on small screens...[/QUOTE]

When I get a PSP I'll probably do a lot of that too. I am looking forward to some of the games that are upcoming though. I am still concerned about battery life.

[quote name='The VGM']Don't kid yourself. Accept the fact that you paid $250 for a movie player.[/QUOTE]

actually, I didn't pay a dime for the system, so it was no biggy for me (no... I'm not some rich ass kid with parents who buy everything for me... in fact, almost all I own I paid for myself).

Though I somewhat agree with you on what you said, cuz all I really do with it now is either watch Golden Boy at school when I'm bored, play emulators, or play Lumines... other than that, it's pretty much a brick when compared to my DS.

Any more info on the Cardfighters DS game? even with all the hotcha hotcha buzz around the DMC4 trailer and MGS4 trailer, this is the only game I really care about now (aside from Metal Gear Acid 2).

Goldenboy rocks Rolento, good taste in anime.

"C-Base, it that like 3rd base?" "YES, I want to get to C-Base!"

Anyways this TGS had some things that intrested me, mainly the MGS4 video and the Revolution controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back