VGM VS. The World: 5th Strike (Fighter Thread 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']Update, yeah, SNK vs Capcom: Chaos was Falcoon...

Why the heck do I have a SVC poster :hangs head in shame:[/QUOTE]

Because you respect the idea of SNK vs Capcom, nothing more.

[quote name='MarkMan']Ah yes... great "idea"....

:( It could have been so much more.[/QUOTE]

actually, it wasn't that bad if you consider the NeoGeoPocket Color SNK vs. Capcom games... Match of the Millenium is still one of my top favorite 2d fighters... It does so much more than most fighters.

After saying that: anyone here who loves 2d fighters would do themselves justice and pick up a NGPC for themselves... the games are great and affordable, and most are better than home console fighting game ports. I have yet to see a portable with such great controls for a fighter.

NGPC Indeed has the best fighter...

The dpad on the system was really good, I wish I could say the same for the DS and PSP...

I got a NGPC in Japan for $6 but I just haven't picked up and games yet. SNK vs Capcom MOTM and Card Fighters Clash are on my list.

I also could've picked up a Wonderswan for $5, but didn't cause I couldn't find any software. Now that I think about it I should have just bought it and traded it here or sold it on eBay. Stupid Me.

Capcom's Tokyo Game Show lineup doesn't include a new Street Fighter besides Double Upper. Maybe they'll surprise us with something new, but I doubt it.

Like anyone cares, DoA 4 hands-on:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6132968/index.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_read

the storyline picks up after Helena's ending in DoA 3 in which she won the official DoA3 contest. Anyone who has seen this ending knows that that makes no sense....her ending is just her swimming in the ocean with some dolphins? It sounds like they really tried to make a story in the game this time around. But....the localization will definitely reduce it to: "you! You are my brother!"
"I am the one"
*fight starts*

The fighting sounds good, but not "I'm dropping $450+tx for this game and a 360" good.
For example, Team Ninja was saying that the characters will play differently then before, but this article suggests that the characters themselves feel the same, but that the engine is faster and more aggressive. I'm guessing some of it was lost in translation, as many things are with japanese developers.

I'm not too impressed with the graphics for DOA4 (or any other next gen game for that matter.) The jump from this gen to the next doesn't seem that great. But I'm sure you'll enjoy it Apossum, and that's all that matters.

I remember having my PSX and getting a Dreamcast, now that was a jump. Soul Caliber still looks great.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I've been wanting a NGPC for a while, but I want a black one. Seems just about impossible to find. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Fry's has the 6 packs + NGPC for about $40 or so. I can check them out next time I'm there, which should be later next week when I get Burnout Revenge, and see what they have if you want one.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'm not too impressed with the graphics for DOA4 (or any other next gen game for that matter.) The jump from this gen to the next doesn't seem that great. But I'm sure you'll enjoy it Apossum, and that's all that matters.

I remember having my PSX and getting a Dreamcast, now that was a jump. Soul Caliber still looks great.[/QUOTE]

that's one thing they do say in the article-- it looks amazing in motion.

doubt we'll ever see a big jump in graphical quality again (like from 32-bit to 128.) just inching towards true photorealism from here on out.

I really think Virtua Fighter 5 looks way better than current generation games... the lighting and background detail is just unreal...

On another note...

US Soul Calibur III has reached completion in US localization, builds have already begun shipping and you should start seeing sites update with new information soon...

I will try to get some pics and video of the game in action, and I will try to divulge as much information as possible...

Oh on another note, I think DoA4 like all other DoA games, looks really clean...

More later, I'm at the movie theaters watching The Exorcism of Emily Rose.... x_x

Yeah, saw those a while ago....are they fake or is that from an actual build?

On a similar but not nearly as exciting note, Primal Rage 2 circulates in ROM form...

[quote name='Apossum']Yeah, saw those a while ago....are they fake or is that from an actual build?

On a similar but not nearly as exciting note, Primal Rage 2 circulates in ROM form...[/QUOTE]

Find it! Where that shit at?

I'm getting to the bottom of this.

*puts on ninja gear, heads out the door for Capcom Inc.*

If I'm not back in 4 weeks, tell my wife I found another woman.

haha, an oldie that caused quite a lot of controversy. wasn't this egm's april fools joke from a few years back? that was some great stuff.too bad it looks totally fake. btw who does the third life bar belong to? i can make out sagat , zero, dante, thor and ghost rider. but the last one is too blurry for me

[quote name='The VGM']Find it! Where that shit at?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's on the internet somewhere.

[quote name='The VGM']Wow, you're good.[/QUOTE]

I know. Try checking a website. It could be on a website.

[quote name='Apossum']On a similar but not nearly as exciting note, Primal Rage 2 circulates in ROM form...[/QUOTE]

yeah i'ts out, but i think it's unemulated at the moment. also the file seems too small to me (roughly 600 kb) maybe i'm looking at the wrong place or something.

[quote name='gigan54']haha, an oldie that caused quite a lot of controversy. wasn't this egm's april fools joke from a few years back? that was some great stuff.too bad it looks totally fake. btw who does the third life bar belong to? i can make out sagat , zero, dante, thor and ghost rider. but the last one is too blurry for me[/QUOTE]

I think it is Gambit but I really can't tell.

[quote name='gigan54']yeah i'ts out, but i think it's unemulated at the moment. also the file seems too small to me (roughly 600 kb) maybe i'm looking at the wrong place or something.[/QUOTE]

The one I saw, back when suprnova was still alive, was about 500mb, I think. maybe it was 200mb....it is playable on mame.

So yea, I took home 2nd place at the fighter tournement at my school yesterday. Go me!

Oh, and those MvC3 screens are fake. Very well done fakes. Those are a little over 3 years old if I remember preoperly.

Those MvC3 screens are definately fake. They were originally posted as a joke on mm's cafe... then it spread all over the internet...

Sadly there will be no MvC3 in the near future.... =(

[quote name='MarkMan']In other news, Final Fantasy VII: AC is out now! DVD rip with subtitles... o_O[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but AWSOME!!! Have you seen it yet?

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm

Soul Caliber III pics. Some new characters and old forgotten ones like Li Long and Arthur. I'm not sure if the new ones are "really" new or just rehases of characters like Spawn or Link form SC2. It'd make sense just to keep the same model but create a diffrent character. I'm actually getting excited about this game now.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Off topic, but AWSOME!!! Have you seen it yet?[/QUOTE]

Cloud was in Ehrgeiz. It is at least very remotely on topic. :lol:

When does the official DVD in North America come out? I want to support Square's efforts.

shit, found one torrent, but it said "japanese subs" and is dead. If anyone could help,please let me know. I am still going to buy this, but you know, I have to see it NOW. :)

I have the torrent, but we don't need anymore leachers. Seeds keep droppin off, the greedy bastards.

MM, they are English subs right?

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Didn't Capcom say they were gonna announce a new 2D fighter sometime recently? Whatever happened to that?[/QUOTE]

It was some DW like game based off an old anime.

I was just playing KOF 2003 for Xbox, it looked different then the PS2 version, but maybe that's just me. It's much better then the previous ones. It plays like a Capcom fighter.

[quote name='The VGM']It was some DW like game based off an old anime.[/QUOTE]
DW? And where could I find some info about it?

EDIT: Also, what the hell happened to Sammy vs Capcom? It was announced a LONG time ago.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']DW? And where could I find some info about it?

EDIT: Also, what the hell happened to Sammy vs Capcom? It was announced a LONG time ago.[/QUOTE]

ive never heard of that annoucnment, but it sounds like it would make a crappy game. theres not enough sammy characters to make a cross over like snk or marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back