VGM VS. The World: 5th Strike (Fighter Thread 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The VGM']I don't have an answer for best ever. SFA3 wouldn't be it, MvC2 is better.[/QUOTE]

GTFO your thread. youre banned for life.

[quote name='2poor']GTFO your thread. youre banned for life.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
damn my sides hurt from laughing

edit: http://www.cyberfanatix.com/
has the first video i've come across of king of fighters: another day (anime)
the fights look pretty sweet, and now i'm curious as to how the ash x iori fight will turn out.

[quote name='2poor']GTFO your thread. youre banned for life.[/QUOTE]

That's it. I'm deleting your FF and formating your HD.

I'd go as far to say MvC2 is the best fighter ever.

Go ahead, say I'm wrong.

[quote name='The VGM']That's it. I'm deleting your FF and formating your HD.

Go ahead, say I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

you are wrong. you just like the music, admit it

[quote name='Apossum']you are wrong. you just like the music, admit it[/QUOTE]

The music is good, but that's not why.

[quote name='2poor']do you enjoy using magneto, storm, sentinel, cable, or psylocke?[/QUOTE]

I already said I don't use those god tier dudes. They are whack.

[quote name='gigan54']i wanna take you for a ride...[/QUOTE]

:lol: is that the character select screen music? haven't played it in a while...

[quote name='Apossum']:lol: is that the character select screen music? haven't played it in a while...[/QUOTE]

hell yeah. with all the trumpets.

WTF stop copying my techniques. You're all posting useless shit. That's MY job (and at least I have the excuse of it being my thread).

[quote name='Apossum']:lol: is that the character select screen music? haven't played it in a while...[/QUOTE]

hehe yeah, that tune is evil! it sticks in your head long after you're done playing...especially when your opponent can't decide who the hell to pick.
:bomb:

i hate people that wait for you to pick people so they can "adjust" their team. for people like that i just use the god tiers in any game and kick their ass.

[quote name='2poor']i hate people that wait for you to pick people so they can "adjust" their team. for people like that i just use the god tiers in any game and kick their ass.[/QUOTE]

yes. XBL CvS is always a huge waiting game...

(new custom title :lol: )

[quote name='The VGM']That's it. I'm deleting your FF and formating your HD.

Go ahead, say I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]
Best fighter ever? That game is as balanced as our govt budget :lol:

[quote name='CappyCobra']Best fighter ever? That game is as balanced as our govt budget :lol:[/QUOTE]

yeah but vgm doesn't care about balance. he just cares if it's fun.
also, nice metaphor. :applause:

[quote name='gigan54']yeah but vgm doesn't care about balance. he just cares if it's fun.
also, nice metaphor. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I couldn't give a shit. I like the stages, I like the music, I like all the characters, I like the fact that it never gets old, etc.

[quote name='The VGM']Bingo. I couldn't give a shit. I like the stages, I like the music, I like all the characters, I like the fact that it never gets old, etc.[/QUOTE]
I agree with the stages and characters, but the music ranges from fantastic to wonderfully aweful. That character select screen music sucks...so....bad...

Then again, nothing "tops" the crappy music in Street Fighter 3

"Let's get it on now - Select and make your first pick - Let's get it on now - Ten Nine Eight Seven Six"

Disgusting #-o

[quote name='The VGM']Bingo. I couldn't give a shit. I like the stages, I like the music, I like all the characters, I like the fact that it never gets old, etc.[/QUOTE]

it does get old when the only people you play use the cheesiest god tiers in the game.

[quote name='2poor']it does get old when the only people you play use the cheesiest god tiers in the game.[/QUOTE]
WTF are these god tiers you talk about? Seriously...I've never heard anything...:|?

I usually play with any combination of the following:
Spidey
Wolverine
Strider Hiryu
Cable
Chun Li
Ryu
...and SOMETIMES Marrow.

Am I being cheap or something? :lol:

the only cheap character you have is cable. god tiers would be magneto, sentinel, storm, psylocke, and iron man. possibly some others.

I almost always used capcom characters, usually some combination of Strider, Jill, Megaman, and Jin.

It's been a while though.

As far as greatest game ever, of course I'll say VF4. :cool:

Quoth the VGM: "gtfo" :lol:

[quote name='SilverPaw750']WTF are these god tiers you talk about? Seriously...I've never heard anything...:|?[/QUOTE]

Your opinions don't count anymore. Shhh

[quote name='2poor']it does get old when the only people you play use the cheesiest god tiers in the game.[/QUOTE]

Then stop using them you loser.

[quote name='The VGM']Then stop using them you loser.[/QUOTE]

It's the people he plays against that abuse the tiers. He just needs new friends that don't suck. :lol:

[quote name='The VGM']Your opinions don't count anymore. Shhh

Then stop using them you loser.[/QUOTE]

i never said i used them... except iron man when i feel like being an ass.

[quote name='2poor']i never said i used them... except iron man when i feel like being an ass.[/QUOTE]

I read it wrong, my b.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I agree with the stages and characters, but the music ranges from fantastic to wonderfully aweful. That character select screen music sucks...so....bad...

Then again, nothing "tops" the crappy music in Street Fighter 3

"Let's get it on now - Select and make your first pick - Let's get it on now - Ten Nine Eight Seven Six"

Disgusting #-o[/QUOTE]

I hate the announcer guy -- "yeah, I've been waiting for this!" or "that makes sense" and "I get tha picture"

Thanks announcer dude! I care so much about your opinion about my character selection! :lol:

that announcer dude wants to take YOU on a ride.

edit: stupid me. i thought you were talking about mvc2.

for some reason (i posted this a long ass time ago already but I'll say it again), the announcer from SF3 always made me feel dirty for playing SF3... for no reason... I'm still baffeled about it today.

for MvsC2, I play (since it seems everyone is saying who they play) Venom, Captian Commando, and Jin... I mainly like characters with anti-air stuff, no reason why, but I just realized that right now. I use to play Strider, but realize I don't like playing as him too much.

Some interesting news: a japanese magazine (forgot which one... not famitsu though), said that both namco and SEGA are working on fighters for the PSP... specificly Virtua Fighter and Tekken (my prayers have been answered since day 1!... kinda...), though the press has tried to contact both companies, but both have only stated "no comment"... which usualyl means there is 50/50 chance

[quote name='The VGM']NO one is worse then the CvS2 announcer[/QUOTE]

that guys' hilarious. he steals all the sayings from past anouncers.

....go for broke

my fave quote from him
"get rockin' baby" :lol:

[quote name='The VGM']NO one is worse then the CvS2 announcer[/QUOTE]

agreed. A friend of mine and I sat down to play this last week (sat on the floor... i live japanese style in my room un-intentionally, i just like it) and my freind pointed out to me that the announcer is probably one of the most lonelyiest people in the world...

really, we should find the names of these announcers and see what other work they've done.

really, we should find the names of these announcers and kill their first born children

corrected ;-)

okay, time to get off the net....i've got freaking ninja gaiden black and an okami demo that are begging to be played....

[quote name='Apossum']corrected ;-)

okay, time to get off the net....i've got freaking ninja gaiden black and an okami demo that are begging to be played....[/QUOTE]

lol, you a loser

[quote name='Apossum']corrected ;-)

okay, time to get off the net....i've got freaking ninja gaiden black and an okami demo that are begging to be played....[/QUOTE]

awww... shame shame! you got Ninja Gaiden Black but no We Love Katamari? shame! (jk... NGB kicks ass, but WLK kicks so much too)

[quote name='The VGM']lol, you a loser[/QUOTE]

alright there lil' vgm, call back when you get a real load of homework and tell me if you don't become a loser too :lol:

awww... shame shame! you got Ninja Gaiden Black but no We Love Katamari? shame! (jk... NGB kicks ass, but WLK kicks so much too)

heh, what did you expect from a TN fanboy? I wish I had the money and time for both...I'm considering just saying "fuck it" to my homework for the weekend and catching up later so I can properly enjoy NG. that is, if okami doesn't suck up all my time...

[quote name='Apossum']alright there lil' vgm, call back when you get a real load of homework and tell me if you don't become a loser too :lol: [/QUOTE]

I got 3 papers to write. And what does having mad homework have to do with you playing games?

Real load of homework? They give you the amount of homework you're supposed to have at your level. I could go up to a 7th grader and tell him to wait until he gets real homework, but his shit is for his level, my shit is for mine.

And how tall are you? I bet you ain't that much bigger then me. Include your shoe size too (no I ain't on some gay shit).

[quote name='2poor']the only cheap character you have is cable. god tiers would be magneto, sentinel, storm, psylocke, and iron man. possibly some others.[/QUOTE]
What makes them so godly?

And as for announcers, I must say the SF3 announcer makes me want to punch my TV. STOP ANALYZING EVERY fuckING THING I DO! WHAT IF MY DAMN CHARACTER SELECTION DOESN'T MAKE SENSE?! :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']heh, what did you expect from a TN fanboy? I wish I had the money and time for both...I'm considering just saying "fuck it" to my homework for the weekend and catching up later so I can properly enjoy NG. that is, if okami doesn't suck up all my time...[/QUOTE]

i say put off playing okami, and do some NG for a half hour... then do your homework... then from there you go back to NG... it's the best TN game I've ever played, and I've pretty much played all their games to death, even if DoA is unbalanced... (it's still very fun).

as a matter of fact, I have a big hirigana test tommorow... I only know about 60% of my hirigana alphabet, so it sux ass. I even have most of the alphabet written on my left arm with permanent marker so I can study no matter what I'm doing. Japanese aint easy to learn (for me at least), but it's very interesting. Thank God college isn't every day like public school (bleh).

[quote name='SilverPaw750']What makes them so godly?

And as for announcers, I must say the SF3 announcer makes me want to punch my TV. STOP ANALYZING EVERY fuckING THING I DO! WHAT IF MY DAMN CHARACTER SELECTION DOESN'T MAKE SENSE?! :lol:[/QUOTE]

theyre really easy to use and theyre broken.

[quote name='2poor']theyre really easy to use and theyre broken.[/QUOTE]

yeah... i cant stand fullscreen projectiles (iron man's and cyclop's super).

anyone miss the old Zangief + Hulk super tag team throw? that thing was one of the nicest things i can remember fromt eh vs games... ahhhh :)

also, Ayone have links to the project justice soundtrack? i can only find it in real audio format, and I can't stand using it in real video player...

[quote name='The VGM']I got 3 papers to write. And what does having mad homework have to do with you playing games?

Real load of homework? They give you the amount of homework you're supposed to have at your level. I could go up to a 7th grader and tell him to wait until he gets real homework, but his shit is for his level, my shit is for mine.

And how tall are you? I bet you ain't that much bigger then me. Include your shoe size too (no I ain't on some gay shit).[/QUOTE]

It means most of my time is spent doing homework or studying, besides one night out a week, and any time not doing that is spent eating or relaxing (playing games.) thus, making me a loser ;-)

btw, I'm 3'9", 401 pounds of muscle, and size 15 feet, bitch. gotta problem? :lol:

i say put off playing okami, and do some NG for a half hour... then do your homework... then from there you go back to NG... it's the best TN game I've ever played, and I've pretty much played all their games to death, even if DoA is unbalanced... (it's still very fun).

as a matter of fact, I have a big hirigana test tommorow... I only know about 60% of my hirigana alphabet, so it sux ass. I even have most of the alphabet written on my left arm with permanent marker so I can study no matter what I'm doing. Japanese aint easy to learn (for me at least), but it's very interesting. Thank God college isn't every day like public school (bleh).

yeah, I'll just put it all off till Sunday, 8pm ;-) Actually, I might be writing a paper about Killer 7 (and how it fits into post-modernism) for my culture class, so for once in my life, I'll do both at the same time :cool:

Everyone says Japanese is really tough. I'm afraid and excited to learn it-- seems like there's a lot of cool systems going on in it. I'm going to take a class on it next summer. At some point I plan to visit there, either to teach or do research, so I need to learn it.

[quote name='Apossum']It means most of my time is spent doing homework or studying, besides one night out a week, and any time not doing that is spent eating or relaxing (playing games.) thus, making me a loser ;-)

btw, I'm 3'9", 401 pounds of muscle, and size 15 feet, bitch. gotta problem? :lol:[/QUOTE]

GJ taking the question seriously douche.

[quote name='Apossum']It means most of my time is spent doing homework or studying, besides one night out a week, and any time not doing that is spent eating or relaxing (playing games.) thus, making me a loser ;-)

btw, I'm 3'9", 401 pounds of muscle, and size 15 feet, bitch. gotta problem? :lol:

yeah, I'll just put it all off till Sunday, 8pm ;-) Actually, I might be writing a paper about Killer 7 (and how it fits into post-modernism) for my culture class, so for once in my life, I'll do both at the same time :cool:

Everyone says Japanese is really tough. I'm afraid and excited to learn it-- seems like there's a lot of cool systems going on in it. I'm going to take a class on it next summer. At some point I plan to visit there, either to teach or do research, so I need to learn it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, if you do teach there, do yourself a favor and pick up a girlfriend or wife there.

awsome to hear Killer 7 is maybe part of an essay. Makes sense since it hit's on so many different levels.

Back to fighting: anyone ever get into a fight after playing a fighting game?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Back to fighting: anyone ever get into a fight after playing a fighting game?[/QUOTE]Not quite but close. Some people can't take smack talking. Well I did sorta say "It's not my fault you suck'. ;)

forgot to mention that gai from buriki one is confirmed character in king of fighters XI! and now that gai's been confirmed, would the rumored hayate be in this year's kof too? :whistle2:k

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back