Vick pleads guilty, gets 23 months in federal "pound me in the ass prison"

[quote name='monkeydeew']no real counter to my opinoin so you result to name calling, clASSy[/quote]

At least he didn't call you a retard.

And the only reason Vick got screwed is because he was guilty. *Channeling Jim Rome* Of course the feds are going to go after someone with as high profile a name as Vick because if they bust him then others will get scared they might come for them. He knows he is guilty and that is why he took the deal.

Also if the Feds really wanted to screw him, they wouldn't have led him plead out, and would have went at him with RICO charges as well. The Feds also are no where near as harsh as the state would have been. He is looking at 5 max for what he did, where as in state court he could have gotten close to 40 as his max.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']you cant counter your defending of vick "b/c he wears number 7" and "b/c he gave some slut a fake name and herpes" with anything but, youre a moron.[/quote]

this was in response to CocheseUGA sorry rams i guess you were so vein you that that post was about you!

[quote name='monkeydeew']this was in response to CocheseUGA sorry rams i guess you were so vein you that that post was about you![/QUOTE]

yeah i know, i was responding to your comment

Common sense would figure that Michael Vick is just as guilty as his friends. He didn't get "screwed", he got caught. It's no different than conspiracy charges - if you footed the bill for illegal activity, you're just as guilty as the lot of them.

Michael Vick isn't a target based on his celebrity, he's a target because he's PLEADING GUILTY (which, coincidentally, wouldn't happen if he thought for a second he'd get off in a trial). If you or I ran an illegal dogfighting ring under the conditions Vick did (or at least is admitting he did), we'd all be crucified in the media and in comments from everyone and their mother about how sick and twisted we were.

If anything, Vick is getting a less severe treatment based on his celebrity status. He likely won't do more than a year of time, will have to pay a fine, and be on his way. The real shock is when that NFL suspension comes down on him after he's released, causing him to miss two or three seasons in the league (one in prison, and maybe two more suspended).

It's been said before, but no team is going to want Michael Vick after two or three years out of the league unless they play in Barcelona. A year working out in the prison yard isn't going to live up to the standards of working out in training camp.

Wanna read the indictment, word for word? Here - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

[quote name='JJSP']
It's been said before, but no team is going to want Michael Vick after two or three years out of the league unless they play in Barcelona. A year working out in the prison yard isn't going to live up to the standards of working out in training camp.

Wanna read the indictment, word for word? Here - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html[/quote]

Are you kidding? Lots of teams would take Michael Vick as a special teams player, running back, wide reciever, etc. He won't be the face of a franchise again, but he is unbelievably talented and he's still pretty young. After he's paid his debt to society, I would gladly welcome him to my team.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Are you kidding? Lots of teams would take Michael Vick as a special teams player, running back, wide reciever, etc. He won't be the face of a franchise again, but he is unbelievably talented and he's still pretty young. After he's paid his debt to society, I would gladly welcome him to my team.[/quote]

can you imagine him and LT in the same backfield? what about him & reggie bush? he could start a revolution at the position and change the game forever

[quote name='monkeydeew']can you imagine him and LT in the same backfield? what about him & reggie bush? he could start a revolution at the position and change the game forever[/QUOTE]

lol, just like at quarterback, with that 75 qb rating, never throwing over 3000 yards, never thrown more than 20 tds, 3 interceptions for every 4 tds, not to mention his killer 150 yards per game passing. its a wonder the falcons arent in the super bowl every year.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']lol, just like at quarterback, with that 75 qb rating, never throwing over 3000 yards, never thrown more than 20 tds, 3 interceptions for every 4 tds, not to mention his killer 150 yards per game passing. its a wonder the falcons arent in the super bowl every year.[/quote]

i meant along side them as a fellow rb, i thought it was super obvious hed never qb again...

A former fan (c'mon he is from my hometown of Newport News) who is glad he is getting what he deserves... it goes to show how screwed up the justice system can be at times... he comes out and tells everyone he had nothing to do with this... Goodell, Blank, his fans... pleads not guilty, probably hoping he can get off on some sort of technicality or mistake during trial, luckily the pressure was too much and he took the deal

A phenominal athlete with average "true" quarterback skills, I wont condemn him forever, but it would take alot of community service and charitable donations on his own to get me to support him again.

I have 5 dogs which I truly consider members of my family and I get sick of the people who dismiss this as "just dogs"... and there was more top this including the gambling operation Vick financed. And why do we always have someone play the race card, that has nothing to do with my despising him, its what he did. Id be ranting the same way if it was Troy Polamalu or Brian Urlacher who did this. I WAS a fan

So Vick is pleading to what? If Vick gets away with killing dogs and Simpson gets away with cutting peoples heads off what will it take for the race card to stop getting played? They are almost turning me into a racist. Vick should get a fair trial but if I hear one more race card complaint I'm going to paint my Xbox Elite white.

I'm half black and I agree that the race card is atrocious. On the other hand, if I was facing federal felony charges, I'd use everything including the race card to try to get out of it. My ass is too sensitive for federal prison.

[quote name='http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-michaelvick&prov=ap&type=lgns']RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick filed his plea agreement in federal court Friday admitting to conspiracy in a dogfighting ring and helping kill pit bulls. He denied ever betting on the fights, only bankrolling them.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback is scheduled to formally enter his plea Monday in U.S. District Court.

"Most of the Bad Newz Kennels operation and gambling monies were provided by Vick," a summary of facts in the case said.

The statement said that when the kennel's dogs won, the gambling proceeds were generally shared by Vick's three co-defendants -- Tony Taylor, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips.

"Vick did not gamble by placing side bets on any of the fights. Vick did not receive any of the proceeds of the purses that were won by Bad Newz Kennels," the summary said.

"Vick agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts of Peace, Phillips and Vick."

According to court documents, Vick was aware that his co-defendants killed a number of dogs that did not perform well in testing sessions.

Last April, Vick and two co-defendants tested the fighting skills of dogs and the three agreed to kill six to eight dogs that didn't measure up. All were killed by methods including hanging and drowning.[/QUOTE]
Updated with the latest AP story from Yahoo News.

[quote name='monkeydeew']vick probably had a shot at clearing his name, or at least pleading to a lesser charge. but those snitches bit the hand that was feeding them. holding the crime aside, it sucks to go down like that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ESPN']
...Vick will testify on the government's behalf...[/QUOTE]

Holla acha boy.

I was getting mighty pissed when ESPN reported last night that Vick was only going to plead guilty to the interstate violation part of the case, looked like he was covering his ass

but today he pleads to helping kill the dogs and bankrolling the operation, seems about right...

One of those HBO sports shows had a segment on dogfighting the other night, I had to turn it off it got me so upset, especially the guy from Mississippi (in a town not too fart from where I live) had his dog stolen and it was used for training purposes for the fighting dogs. Trying to turn the dogs into killers, I was amazed he found the dog and was able to gert the help needed for the dog to survive

and the fact that all these dogs will be euthanized, I know they are fighting dogs and not good pets. Still sucks they had no say in how they would be raised.

[quote name='zman73']One of those HBO sports shows had a segment on dogfighting the other night, I had to turn it off it got me so upset, especially the guy from Mississippi (in a town not too fart from where I live) had his dog stolen and it was used for training purposes for the fighting dogs. Trying to turn the dogs into killers, I was amazed he found the dog and was able to gert the help needed for the dog to survive

and the fact that all these dogs will be euthanized, I know they are fighting dogs and not good pets. Still sucks they had no say in how they would be raised.[/quote]

On one of the local news stations here in Atlanta, they had a segment a while back where they intereviewed an "otherwise normal, white, middle class mother" who was a long time supporter and "one time participant" in dog fighting. They had her face blurred as she calmly explained how the sport is misunderstood and people really shouldn't feel bad for the dogs because fighting is what they love and that's all they care about because that's what they're bred to do. And besides, it's "a good family activity." Why, to this day, she takes her kids all the time!

God I wanted to smack that stupid bitch.

in the plea deal he doesnt say that he killed any dogs but that the dogs were killed by the "collective efforts" of him and his cronies... give me a break.

[quote name='Silencer']Vick has millions. I'm sure he can pay to have his ass protected (literally) in jail.[/quote]

Let's just say his scrambling ability will come in handy. ;)

Celebs don't intertwine with Big Bubbas in prison. They're kept separate from the other prisoners in every situation where something dangerous could happen.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i doubt vick has to worry about big bubba in jail, hell probably treated like royalty by other prisoners.[/QUOTE]

Martha Stewart Prison FTW!

[quote name='Tybee']NFL just suspended him indefinitely.

Game Over, Mr. Vick.[/QUOTE]

That had been expected for awhile. No shock at that one. I still want to know what Virginia is going to do to him.

[quote name='Tybee']NFL just suspended him indefinitely.

Game Over, Mr. Vick.[/QUOTE]

HA HA! (stupid youtube only had a half-broken Nelson laugh so you'll just have to imagine that in his voice)

Don't forget New Jersey. I read in the NYC Daily News that they want a crack at him after it's all said and done. I believe they said he traveled to the state to buy pit bulls for fighting purposes and he also bet on several dog fights while he made his little trip.

I'm also loving how people say that dogs are meant and bred to fight but they only seem to be using pit bulls. Why aren't St. Bernards going at it in the middle of the street. Anyone seen a Saluki fight? Why aren't the dog parks of major cities covered in blood and dog fur? Dogs were born to fight, weren't they?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I hope he gets a short sentence so we can see him back in the NFL. And I hope this whole ordeal dies quickly because I'm sick of hearing about it. I'm tired of seeing the a bunch of stay-at-home moms out there protesting for their fucking pets while they fail to devote their time to anything more meaningful.[/quote]

Because there is nothing better for kids to look up to than a good ole fashion dog fighter.

I don't understand why standing up against dog abuse isn't meaningful. No, it won't help people but isn't protest healthy for our country? Shouldn't you be able to passsionately defend what you care about?

i wonder how well he managed his money, the falcons may seek 22 million in bonuses, not to mention hes suspended without pay and has been dropped by sponsors.

The Falcons ARE going to TRY to get that money back. That's guaranteed.

It's also doubtful he'll EVER play in the NFL ever again, due to the circumstances surrounding the gambling aspect.

It's funny how if it was just choking and electrocuting dogs, people would've let in the NFL. Now, people hear that he was gambling on fights and that's the last straw.

[quote name='depascal22']It's funny how if it was just choking and electrocuting dogs, people would've let in the NFL. Now, people hear that he was gambling on fights and that's the last straw.[/QUOTE]

Illegal Gambling violates NFL bylaws....it's pretty simple. Just like some jobs say "If you smoke pot, you will get fired..."

I know Alex Karras & Paul Hornung were suspended in the NFL in 1963 for illegal gambling, so that is nothing new.

I don't see Vick playing again in the NFL (at least anytime soon). 2 years at a minimum, but he has many strikes against him now. Killing Dogs, Gambling, Lies to the NFL.

They should take his bonuses for sure....

He'll be back for the '09 or '10 season. Most likely with the Raiders or Cowboys.

Its sad but I really believe this will happen. The Raiders will take anyone now, and Jerry Jones is known for letting "bad apples" join his team. TO, Nate Newton, Irvin for example.

[quote name='lt_homer']He'll be back for the '09 or '10 season. Most likely with the Raiders or Cowboys.

Its sad but I really believe this will happen. The Raiders will take anyone now, and Jerry Jones is known for letting "bad apples" join his team. TO, Nate Newton, Irvin for example.[/QUOTE]

How has TO been a bad apple since joining the Cowboys? He really cleaned up his act since he was a niner and an eagle. Also last time I checked Irvin is in the Hall of Fame. So if he was really a bad apple how did he make it? Now if you said Vick would likely be with the Bengals I would be more inclined to believe it ;)

[quote name='pimpinc333']How has TO been a bad apple since joining the Cowboys? He really cleaned up his act since he was a niner and an eagle. Also last time I checked Irvin is in the Hall of Fame. So if he was really a bad apple how did he make it? Now if you said Vick would likely be with the Bengals I would be more inclined to believe it ;)[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong I like Irvin, I consider the Cowboys to be my second team in the NFC(behind those wonderful Bears) but my whole point was those are the two likely scenarios right now because both owners give "second chances" to players with bad histories. Personally, I hope Vick never plays football again and we see him working fast food in a few years. He would be the fastest Hamburger maker since Ryan Leaf

first update ive seen on vick in awhile, he turned himself in today because he thinks hes getting jail time when hes sentenced december 10th. i guess he trying make a good impression for the judge and maybe get a little less time.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']first update ive seen on vick in awhile, he turned himself in today because he thinks hes getting jail time when hes sentenced december 10th. i guess he trying make a good impression for the judge and maybe get a little less time.[/quote]

and taking time slots on espn away from mr bonds.

[quote name='mykevermin']He'll serve around 12 months, then.[/quote]
CNN legal talking heads seem to think that he's going to serve more than 12. The conservative time I'd heard was 15-18 months.

[quote name='ananag112']I still don't get why killing dogs is such a big deal. I say that people who kill chicken or kill pigs should be put in jail as well.[/QUOTE]

When it becomes socially unacceptable to eat chicken or pigs, you might have an arguement.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']CNN legal talking heads seem to think that he's going to serve more than 12. The conservative time I'd heard was 15-18 months.[/QUOTE]

Jeff Toobin? He's wrong, but in the same ballpark as I'm expecting.

bread's done
Back