Victorious Boxers 2 Available Now $9.99

I just remembered today I have $6.10 at EB on a preorder I never picked up, and that this game should be in stores on Wednesday.

I have 0 else to spend the money on, so I think I will definitely get this game for $3.90 out of pocket.

I got an e-mail from Family Video saying that my copy is backordered and this may take 30 days for them to obtain new stock. Good thing I don't have a PS2 yet and my friend is getting a copy. Otherwise I'd be pissed.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']hopefully it comes tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping so too, but the ship date is the 15th now (today) on Gamestop.com and my local EB hasn't received the game yet.

I hope this isn't one of those games they keep pushing back a day at a time.

Ok, did anyone find this game yet?

I called EB again, they said it didn't come in and they can't even find it in the computer =/

[quote name='Gabers']Gamestop.com changed the date again to 11/16 ... things don't look good.[/QUOTE]

Damn it, Gamestop, they always do this shit on non anticipated low release titles.

[quote name='jaybird']Screw Gamestop.

I'm cancelling my order with them and going with Family Video.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Just submitted my order with Family Video.

[quote name='BlaqRenaissance']Just got an email from FamilyVideo saying that my copy has shipped.[/quote]
Same here. I'm guessing it's going first class or media mail, so I'm not likely to see it until the end of next week.

[quote name='shrike4242']Same here. I'm guessing it's going first class or media mail, so I'm not likely to see it until the end of next week.[/QUOTE]

Probably so. Plus, I'll have a hold on my mail while I go out of town for Thanksgiving, so the earliest I'll see it is the 27th.

How do you cancel with GameStop? I looked at it a couple days ago and couldn't figure it out.

Ah, just figured it out through their help menu thing. Cancelling now.

[quote name='Jirotrom,']I havent recieved my email yet....dang it...I preordered this.[/QUOTE]

I've had this happen a couple of times with EB/GS. I preorder something, and then the company decides not to carry it, but their system shows that it hasn't been released yet (even though every other major retailer has it in stock). So, they never call to cancel the preorder, and you're in limbo.

Eventually, I just have to cancel my preorder and buy it somewhere else.

Has anyone checked a B&M store for this, or all we all just going off the website?

It may be the website is screwed up and this thing could already be at EB / GS B&M.

It's a longshot, but it may happen.

I can't believe it. I went to EB on Wed. and they didn't even know about it. As soon as I asked the clerk, 3 people bumrushed the counter anticipating the answer. :D This might be the most anticipated $10 game ever.

So today I said, "Screw it," and ordered from Family Video with that handy coupon code floating around here (thanks CAG!). And now it's backordered! #-o

WILL I NEVER GET THIS GAME?!

[quote name='escapekey']I've had this happen a couple of times with EB/GS. I preorder something, and then the company decides not to carry it, but their system shows that it hasn't been released yet (even though every other major retailer has it in stock). So, they never call to cancel the preorder, and you're in limbo.

Eventually, I just have to cancel my preorder and buy it somewhere else.[/quote]

I preordered at family video though

I GOT IT TODAY!!! HORRAY! Umm.. I got mine at Gamecrazy. They had 1 copy... the one I preordered. And it was on the sales floor. They didn't even put it aside... bitches.

its great of course. I'm actually getting hit pretty bad in this version. I was playing w/ the block button that is pretty much useless. I learned this from the japanese version, but I hoped they fixed it in the american one... nope. Hahahaha.

Still. great game best boxing sim to date. What do you want to know?

Game shipped from FamilyVideo on Thursday and my game arrived today. Their 5-10 day shipping option came in 2 days. Good job FV. Will crack it open after Cal-USC.

Got my preorder from FV today as well. At this rate I'll get around to the game in 2010 or so. Let you know my impressions of it then.

Maybe if we're lucky we can find a used disc-only copy at GameStop or some such place in a few years for $20 or so.

kspiff

I checked the local GameCrazy, but neglected to check 2 GCs I went to in person for CP (whoops).

Did you actually SEE copies at EBGS? gamestop.com still doesn't say the item is shipping yet.

kspiff

nope.. i didn't see, just heard. I saw a game w/ the ebsticker online. But it doesn't mean you shouldnt call to try. That is if you really want it.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']nope.. i didn't see, just heard. I saw a game w/ the ebsticker online. But it doesn't mean you shouldnt call to try. That is if you really want it.[/QUOTE]

EB's in Canada have this game... I don't think any US store does yet.

Well, me personally, I said before I ordered it from FV. Might as well wait and save $4, I've got a Wii here to play with.

Speaking of which I can't wait for the Wii Ippo game to come out. :drool:

kspiff

haha ya. I wanted that boxed set too when it came out, but I couldn't get it. They also had a VB2 victorious road memory card. It was pretty awesome.

I cancelled my Gamestop Pre-order. I finally have the first Victorious Boxers for PS2 so I'm going to try that out and see if this series is right for me. Currently, I'm getting the tar beaten out of me by the first opponent.

Okay, how do you cancel at EB/GS? Do you just send an e-mail, like their FAQ says? I did that, and haven't got any kind of confirmation, but I also haven't logged into the site since.

After seeing a post about Fry's in CA, I went to my local Fry's in Renton WA. Good news is they also had it in stock. Bad news is they only got in three copies and did not know if they would ever get more. Heck, they looked at me like I had three heads when asking for the game. Nobody had even heard of it.

bread's done
Back