Victorious Boxers 2 Available Now $9.99

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Umm.. there's not really a block button. I suggest changing one of your top buttons to sway. So you can better control your sway. Keep moving. Don't over punch in your rounds either or keep using your special punches. Special punches drain your stamina and if you miss and get countered you have a higher chance of getting knocked down.[/QUOTE]

aah thanks for the tip i shall try it.

so is it worth it picking up part 1 if you're getting part 2? Part 2 has no storyline? Sorry been out of this thread lately and forgot if they have been answered

so is it worth it picking up part 1 if you're getting part 2? Part 2 has no storyline? Sorry been out of this thread lately and forgot if they have been answered

The game is low budget in terms of presentation. It was designed to compliment the anime/manga series, and the storytelling elements have always been minimal at best. For single player, you get to do partipate in many of the memorable fights in the series.

However, this is a game to buy if you want to play a tense, simulation boxing game. It is not a game to buy for the story.

Yeah, if VB2 is somewhat lacking in the single player, should I just pick up VB1?

No, the roster is smaller, the graphics and presentation aren't as good, and the gameplay mechanics aren't as refined.

[quote name='Cao Cao']http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281659
Unfortunately, it looks like GameStop pushed the date back to 11/14. I just hope they aren't just going through placeholder dates.

EDIT:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202997776&loc=108&sp=1
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/prod...56241&osCsid=3465b035bf73580e8250005daa429a98

Buy.com has the release date listed as November 15.
Family Video still has it listed as November 2.[/QUOTE]

doh, at least they have cover art being shown.

Pardon what may sound like a dumb question but....

I have the first VB, and kinda liked it even though I was terrible at it. I also have Fight Night 3 and liked it more than VB. By those comments, and for people who have the Japanese version and Fight Night 3, are they at all similar? And if I like FN3 better than VB, would I like VB2?

[quote name='Cao Cao']http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281659
Unfortunately, it looks like GameStop pushed the date back to 11/14. I just hope they aren't just going through placeholder dates.

EDIT:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202997776&loc=108&sp=1
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/prod...56241&osCsid=3465b035bf73580e8250005daa429a98

Buy.com has the release date listed as November 15.
Family Video still has it listed as November 2.[/QUOTE]

Crap... let the delays begin.

I called Gamecrazy, their computers say they ship out today. So.... I hope for the best.

edit:
eh...
Gamefaqs' release date is also the 14th... crap... buy.com is the 15th.

[quote name='Rags']Pardon what may sound like a dumb question but....

I have the first VB, and kinda liked it even though I was terrible at it. I also have Fight Night 3 and liked it more than VB. By those comments, and for people who have the Japanese version and Fight Night 3, are they at all similar? And if I like FN3 better than VB, would I like VB2?[/QUOTE]

Seems this is an improvement over the original, so if you enjoyed that, it's a good bet you'll like this one. However, if you are thinking this is going to be a better boxing game than Fight Night Round 3, you are likely going to be disappointed.

[quote name='rebenns']Seems this is an improvement over the original, so if you enjoyed that, it's a good bet you'll like this one. However, if you are thinking this is going to be a better boxing game than Fight Night Round 3, you are likely going to be disappointed.[/quote]

No dissapointment here....fight night 3 sucks compared to Victorious boxers allstars. The mechanics are much better imo. The animations are superior and the simulation aspect is better.

What version of R3 are you talking about, because I doubt it's better than the 360 version...

Anyway I guess this game will be in stores tomorrow?

I'm so buying this game. MAkunouchi-SAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

If you haven't seen the anime or read the manga, I highly recommend you do both.

What could be the possible reason for them delaying it for 2 weeks? Why the hell would you want to release it the same week as Gears of War, PS3 and Wii launches? This delay is strange.

[quote name='GhostDog']What could be the possible reason for them delaying it for 2 weeks? Why the hell would you want to release it the same week as Gears of War, PS3 and Wii launches? This delay is strange.[/QUOTE]

So the people who don't get a PS3 snag a $10 anime game for their PS2?

[quote name='furyk']So the people who don't get a PS3 snag a $10 anime game for their PS2?[/quote]
Yeah, but all of those things will overshadow Victorious Boxers 2 like crazy. A game like Victorious Boxers 2 doesn't need anymore distractions from other games or systems. Besides it's hard to tell that this game is based on an anime due to its crappy cover. If only the cover was true to the anime.

Anything and everything will overshadow this, but that's no reason to delay it, especially to the week the PS3 and Wii come out.

I don't think it matters much when it comes out. The people who want it will get it. Other people won't even know it exists.

[quote name='icruise']I don't think it matters much when it comes out. The people who want it will get it. Other people won't even know it exists.[/quote]

Yeah, tell that to the people still waiting for Chulip.

[quote name='shrike4242']I just received an email from FamilyVideo.com about it being backordered, supposedly will ship in "2-4 weeks".[/quote]

Same here.

[quote name='Rags']Pardon what may sound like a dumb question but....

I have the first VB, and kinda liked it even though I was terrible at it. I also have Fight Night 3 and liked it more than VB. By those comments, and for people who have the Japanese version and Fight Night 3, are they at all similar? And if I like FN3 better than VB, would I like VB2?[/quote]

I thought that alot of the VB team worked on FN3.

[quote name='icruise']I believe one of the characters goes to the woods to train and meets the bear there.[/quote]

Sweet! It's cool that you fight in other areas besides the ring. Did you guys see the Hajime No Ippo that will be coming out for Nintendo Wii in 2007? I hope it comes to the U.S. If not, then I hope it's region free and has English options! They better also have a traditional view and the ability to use the Gamecube controller or something.

http://moura.jp/frames/ippo_revolution/

[quote name='GhostDog']Sweet! It's cool that you fight in other areas besides the ring. Did you guys see the Hajime No Ippo that will be coming out for Nintendo Wii in 2007? I hope it comes to the U.S. If not, then I hope it's region free and has English options! They better also have a traditional view and the ability to use the Gamecube controller or something.

http://moura.jp/frames/ippo_revolution/[/QUOTE]

Ya I heard about this game off Dynamite Glove, I hadn't seen the website though, thanks. I'm stoked. I hope it's region free.

OMG, that Ippo game for Wii looks uber sweet. If they did half as good a job as they did on the GBA Ippo game by Success I had better pre-reserve that one. It's seemingly impossible to find the GBA game now and I've always kicked myself for not getting it when it came out.

As far as Ippo 2 for PS2 coming out in the USA, thank God for that. The Japanese version of the game was too hard to navigate.

kspiff

[quote name='kspiff']OMG, that Ippo game for Wii looks uber sweet. If they did half as good a job as they did on the GBA Ippo game by Success I had better pre-reserve that one. It's seemingly impossible to find the GBA game now and I've always kicked myself for not getting it when it came out.

As far as Ippo 2 for PS2 coming out in the USA, thank God for that. The Japanese version of the game was too hard to navigate.

kspiff[/quote]

The one that's coming out is actually Ippo All Stars but titled Victorious Boxers 2 in the U.S.

[quote name='kspiff']OMG, that Ippo game for Wii looks uber sweet. If they did half as good a job as they did on the GBA Ippo game by Success I had better pre-reserve that one. It's seemingly impossible to find the GBA game now and I've always kicked myself for not getting it when it came out.[/QUOTE]
Actually, Treasure was the developer of the Hajime no Ippo GBA game.

I know it's really All-Stars. It's just as well that they named it VB2 in the US though. It's not like they were going to release both titles stateside and this way when VB3 comes out for Wii the numbering scheme can be preserved. Also, I'm not looking at an FAQ right now or anything, but I believe All-Stars is the more recent game w/ more stuff isn't it? No complaints there.

I knew Treasure was a developer of the game as well, but I seem to recall the game coming up with a Success copyright screen. They may have been producers / distributors. I could be thinking of a different production company, though, and I'm too lazy to check online. I tell you what, though, you sell me your copy of Ippo for GBA and I will personally verify the developer and publisher. :roll:

Hi can some post the order the Ippo games came out in Japan. I'm confused whether this game will be All-Stars or Victorious Boxers 2 Fighting Spirit. Doesn't matter to me which game because both sound awesome.

[quote name='MadFlava']Hi can some post the order the Ippo games came out in Japan. I'm confused whether this game will be All-Stars or Victorious Boxers 2 Fighting Spirit. Doesn't matter to me which game because both sound awesome.[/quote]

It will be All-Stars.

Hey I just got my copy of the first Victorious Boxers used at EBgames. I lucked out and was able to pick it up for $6.99 when it was briefly instock. Came complete too.
So I was playing it last night and this game is surprisingly deep and hard for me at the moment. Aimless button mashing will get you no where on the very first boxer. I have to try to learn how to counter punch, dodge, and block. Any tips for an Ippo beginner would be much appreciated.

[quote name='MadFlava']Hey I just got my copy of the first Victorious Boxers used at EBgames. I lucked out and was able to pick it up for $6.99 when it was briefly instock. Came complete too.
So I was playing it last night and this game is surprisingly deep and hard for me at the moment. Aimless button mashing will get you no where on the very first boxer. I have to try to learn how to counter punch, dodge, and block. Any tips for an Ippo beginner would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Same thing I told the other guy...

I suggest changing one of your top buttons to sway. So you can better control your sway. Keep moving. Don't over punch in your rounds either or keep using your special punches. Special punches drain your stamina and if you miss and get countered you have a higher chance of getting knocked down.

I ordered from Family Video so it will take longer for me to get my copy. It doesn't matter to me because I will keep that game sealed until I get a PS2. My friend has a PS2 and I've told him about this game. He'll probably get it on the day of release and we'll go over his house and play it!

bread's done
Back