VIDEOGAME SELLERS TARGETED FRAUD info on half.com / ebay/ amazon

Already tried that through their automated system and it was declined. I spoke to someone on the phone earlier who created a case and escalated it to a supervisor. Hoping to hear back in 1-2 days.
Just a quick update....I did finally convince Amazon to remove the feedback. It took a lot of persistence.

I just had two people from Van Nuys, CA order items from me (1 is video game related, the other is not). It seems they are in the same Apartment complex, but different units. Wonder if I'm about to have another scam attempt - or it's a really crazy coincidence that so many addresses are from Van Nuys, CA... and now I got two of them. I just thought it was odd to have 2 bidders so close together, searched "Van Nuys ebay fraud" and this thread was one of the top results. Good old cheapassgamer.com.  :bow: 

The thing is though, both of these guys have perfect feedback (one of them very extensive feedback going 10 years) and none of them mention chargebacks. So I don't know. There is really no basis to cancel the items. I guess I'll ship them and see what happens (the 2 or 3 times in the past that I had attempted chargebacks, I didn't lose anything anyway... and these aren't particularly pricey items). 

WTF is up with all the fraud in CA though. Seems crazy that so much of it comes from there. I'm assuming all the illegal immigration must play a role or something, but there must be something else that makes it so easy to do these frauds in CA. Or maybe CA just has a crazy proportion of criminals? :whistle2:k  

Amazon -

Just shipped (today) to this address and while it's not listed, I am concerned as the purchaser was Jose Garcia, but the recipient -

Marcos Espinosa
38 DORAL WAY
ANTIOCH, CALIFORNIA 94509

Bought two mint complete GBA GBC games  - totalling $80

I shipped Priority with DC...

Does this address sound familiar to anyone?

I posted now, as if I get dinged it might help another seller....

I will delete the above eventually...

Sadly I have been scammed on Amazon but luckily won all three attempts (man it was a time consuming battle!)

I might have a live one here.  Sold my personal copy of Metal Gear :xb1: last week and shipped it right away.  Got a notice tonight from the buyer claiming it was scratched up and his XB1 wouldn't read it.

The problem is, I bought the game brand new the week before it sold and played through it twice in one day and immediately listed it, only touching the disc three times, including checking the disc prior to shipping it.  I'm pretty sure this guy is trying to swap out his damaged disc for my pristine one.  Once it's confirmed, I'll post info here about it.

I should have just traded it to Gamestop... I didn't make much more after fees than GS would have given me anyways.

I sell maybe a game a week on Amazon...

This whole new fraud has me both frustrated and perhaps overly cautious.

Non pro sellers (like me) who do not pay $40/month now have no seller support number to call.

Today I sold (with expedited shipping mind you) a $40 pristine gamecube game shipping to CA...

So I called the regular customer service number, chose 0 and told the rep I needed Seller Support with a brief explanation of the fraud I was concerned about...

He connected me, I reiterated in more detail the reason for my call. The rep put me on hold and then came back to verify the account address I was being directed to ship to had been associated with that account for at least 3 months.

I then shipped the game.

So perhaps this will help other sellers to try.

It took less than 10 minutes (worth it to me).

I might have a live one here. Sold my personal copy of Metal Gear :xb1: last week and shipped it right away. Got a notice tonight from the buyer claiming it was scratched up and his XB1 wouldn't read it.

The problem is, I bought the game brand new the week before it sold and played through it twice in one day and immediately listed it, only touching the disc three times, including checking the disc prior to shipping it. I'm pretty sure this guy is trying to swap out his damaged disc for my pristine one. Once it's confirmed, I'll post info here about it.

I should have just traded it to Gamestop... I didn't make much more after fees than GS would have given me anyways.
And the guy filed an A-to-Z claim instead of returning the "damaged" game. More to come, I'm sure!

And the guy filed an A-to-Z claim instead of returning the "damaged" game. More to come, I'm sure!
wow please post his name at least...

no way in hell, I will ship to him and would greatly appreciated the info.

GL on the battle to come!

I'll post a name once the claim is closed.  I don't want to run the (incredibly slim) chance of it biting me in the ass.

Amazon closed it; they funded it in the buyer's favor, which is bullshit.

Dai Moroboshi
15746 HUBBELL ST
DETROIT, MICHIGAN 48227-2949

Amazon closed it; they funded it in the buyer's favor, which is bullshit.

Dai Moroboshi
15746 HUBBELL ST
DETROIT, MICHIGAN 48227-2949
LOL Dai Moroboshi, did you google that name?>Fictional Character. Good job guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
figured this might be the best place to post this

carbon28 on ebay is a dirty rotten liar. i am selling an item and they kept messaging me giving me a different story about their daughter. the jist of it all is that they have a 25 month old daughter that has been looking for a movie that was released in the 90's for a really long time and she has really bad epilepsy with alot of medical bills and 49 dollars to their name.

since the first time they messaged me, they have purchased 2 disney vault movies on bluray.

just as a heads up.

The amount of scams I got on eBay drove me away, about 4 years ago I sold a ps2 and had no issue then like 2 months later they buy decided to say it never arrived even though it had their signature I was using signature confirmation at them time, I ended up losing that case as tracking and signature confirmation was not sufficient proof I was told.

I also used amazon at one point to sell game console parts that I tested and every time someone would say it didn't work I would always get back a part with a different serial number or they would make up 3 different stories as to why it couldn't be shipped back. Usually I would refund if they kept the story consistent just so I didn't have to deal with it but if their story changed several times I would always contact amazon and always won the cases I fought. The biggest thing that saved me was taking pictures of the original item and serial number.

Don't buy from nhin17 in Ann Arbor, MI on eBay/Half; they sent me a defective game with tons of scratches while claiming in the product description it was "like new."  Never responded to my message about that, so I filed a claim.  Took over 2 weeks for Half to finally respond, saying I can return it for a full refund.  By this time, I've already asked for a chargeback on my CC.  I have 7 days to ship it back.  Waiting to see if my CC does the chargeback, and then sending it back if they don't chargeback before then.  Didn't care about Half/eBay possibly "banning" me for doing a chargeback; it's total fucking bullshit that it took them over 2 weeks to respond to my claim at all even though said they would get a response back to me in 72 hours or less.  So fuck them, never buying from them again.

Amazon always goes in the buyers favor unless you have signature confirmation, i learned my lesson the hard way.  Some guy got his x1 controller and complained saying he never got it.  Instantly refunded even though ive sold 500+ items in the past 3 months without a hiccup.

Careful of this buyer on amazon

HERIZO LAMBO
13255 SW 57TH TER APT 9
MIAMI, FLORIDA 33183-1211

Amazon always goes in the buyers favor unless you have signature confirmation, i learned my lesson the hard way. Some guy got his x1 controller and complained saying he never got it. Instantly refunded even though ive sold 500+ items in the past 3 months without a hiccup.

Careful of this buyer on amazon

HERIZO LAMBO
13255 SW 57TH TER APT 9
MIAMI, FLORIDA 33183-1211
thanks vahn

I've had stuff whose tracking said "delivered" and I never got. It's not always fraud.

Maybe 3-5 times in ~15 years, which is probably 1K+ orders.

Forgot to update my story.  Half finally responded that I could get a full refund plus a refund for return shipping.  I did that and they refunded my money immediately after I gave them the tracking number.  All's well that ends well, though I would have preferred getting a working game in the first place.

thanks for the heads up OP

sig.png

My amazon seller account was just banned because of this.  800 dollars in merch that amazon wanted to refund and I get nothing so I changed my bank account number.

I might have a buyer on Amazon trying to pull a fast one on me.  First time I've had what smells like a "keep your item and my money" situation and only the second time I've had someone try to return something.

Sold a copy of GTA V SE X360 (new and sealed), shipped it via USPS Priority Mail w/insurance and signature confirmation.   Listed it as new, listed in the item description that it was new and sealed, never opened.  Shipped well within required timeframe, packaged to survive the trip without issue.

Buyer received it at 12:58PM CT today and at 2:47PM CT today, I get an email from Amazon:

"The customer called to request for a return mailing to return the item since it was not as he expected. Please provide assistance.
Thank you."

Sound like they're pulling a fast one?  I know I am.

My response:

"Please explain why this item is not as expected.  The item was new and sealed as listed in the description, shipped as such, using USPS Insured Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation."

I might have a buyer on Amazon trying to pull a fast one on me. First time I've had what smells like a "keep your item and my money" situation and only the second time I've had someone try to return something.

Sold a copy of GTA V SE X360 (new and sealed), shipped it via USPS Priority Mail w/insurance and signature confirmation. Listed it as new, listed in the item description that it was new and sealed, never opened. Shipped well within required timeframe, packaged to survive the trip without issue.

Buyer received it at 12:58PM CT today and at 2:47PM CT today, I get an email from Amazon:

"The customer called to request for a return mailing to return the item since it was not as he expected. Please provide assistance.
Thank you."

Sound like they're pulling a fast one? I know I am.

My response:

"Please explain why this item is not as expected. The item was new and sealed as listed in the description, shipped as such, using USPS Insured Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation."
Always, always ALWAYS accept a return request when one is requested, regardless of reason. That alone (not accepting their return, sidestepping the issue with questions) can open you up to an A-Z claim and potentially losing your money and item. If you check the sellers forum, you read about this happening all of the time.

The best response would be to ask the pertinent questions, but to be sure to say that you will accept the return of the item.

That said, it is possible it's a scam, or maybe they thought the CE had something else included and didn't thoroughly read the item description. The only way to find out is to let them return it and if it comes back as something else/broken/whatever, deal with it then.

Always, always ALWAYS accept a return request when one is requested, regardless of reason. That alone (not accepting their return, sidestepping the issue with questions) can open you up to an A-Z claim and potentially losing your money and item. If you check the sellers forum, you read about this happening all of the time.

The best response would be to ask the pertinent questions, but to be sure to say that you will accept the return of the item.

That said, it is possible it's a scam, or maybe they thought the CE had something else included and didn't thoroughly read the item description. The only way to find out is to let them return it and if it comes back as something else/broken/whatever, deal with it then.
I went into Manage Returns and checked for a return request, though don't see one there yet. I'm guessing that there isn't one yet and he was just asking about the return label? If there isn't a return request shown in Manage Returns, is there anything I need to do?

I have some guy on ebay, opening new accounts with different names.... but all the same address. Don't ship anything to the address below. He's stolen some items already, and continues to try. Ebay has flagged his account, the police have a report. 

Also, I looked up where the guy lives and there is a ASSOCIATION for the condo complex, and that association's name is  El dorado estates hoa in middletown, OH.

PM for more info, I can give you the police report #, the association contact info etc. I will destroy this guy. 

sept 10th

gopal august              

4516 Shawnray Dr Apt 44

middletown, OH 45044

sept 11th

erik borys        

4516 Shawnray Dr Apt 44

middletown, OH 45044

sept 13th 

vitale kalju

4516 Shawnray Dr Apt 44

middletown, OH 45044

I wanted to follow up on this topic, apparently this guy is STILL ripping people off, and Ebay doesn't care.... 

For complaints, call     Jim Sloan   (he works at the apartment complex, and manages the association which governs this losers apartment complex)

Towne Properties parent company (513) 424 - 7022

El Dorado estates HOA (937) 222 - 2550

talk to Molly or Wendy Johnson

INFORM the association of what this individual is doing !!!! they will fine him !

The owners of the property this guy rents from, are 

Daniel powers

Robin powers

ADDRESS WITHHELD

hamilton, oh 45011

contact the homeowners, have him EVICTED 

contact the local POLICE DEPT.    at  (513) 425-7700

talk to Officer Butler 

1 Donham Plaza

Middletown, OH 45042

Phone: (513) 425-7700

There is a ongoing case, he should be ARRESTED.

Let's take this guy down, when ebay won't do a thing. 

i think i'm going to get scammed on an ebay purchase. seen a lot of 13 gba boxes pop up for cheap so i jumped on it. didnt realize that seller had no feedback. then i seen that there are many other listings for the same items. what should i do? i paid with paypal so i'm not too worried just hate getting scammed trying to complete some games for my collection

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2057872.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=LOT+of+13+Gameboy+Advance+GBA+SP+BOXES+ONLY+Mario+Mega+Man+Pokemon&_sacat=0

I stopped selling stuff on eBay and closed my account out of frustration with them. They have become progressively worse and do not have the sellers back at all. There seems to be more scammers than ever because they found a loophole with eBay. I hope some justice can be served.

I stopped selling stuff on eBay and closed my account out of frustration with them. They have become progressively worse and do not have the sellers back at all. There seems to be more scammers than ever because they found a loophole with eBay. I hope some justice can be served.
Yeah, the fact that PayPal decided to give buyers 180 days to dispute a charge is proof enough. I mean really, 180 days. That's just giving scammers 6 months to use your item, then say it's "significantly not as described" and get their money back no questions asked. Whether you even get the item returned doesn't even matter, as at that point it will essentially be worthless (especially if you sold the item new.

I have no clue why they are so supportive of buyers. The sellers bring them in tons of money, through fees, so why are they the ones getting bent over a barrel. Set a freaking variable period (dependent on the category the item falls under; electronics, general goods, etc), and handle it like any other big box b&m retailer.

Had a new eBay user sign up and buy my Spider-Man PS4 CE the same day, they receive it in a couple of days and a week later they wanted a refund saying it was "not as described" yet in my listing it clearly stated it was a game CE, contents listed and that it was NOT a console.

They completely ignored going through eBay and went through Paypal directly instead. I didn't see the dispute until almost 2 weeks later and the case got escalated. I responded immediately after I noticed it and Paypal ended up siding with them. I just got the CE today a month later after the sale and of course it was opened, ruining my resale value of it. Everything seemed fine with it though. They however never responded back to Paypal by the 20th and Paypal ended up favoring the case to me. So I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing and if they can open up another case against me after this.

Now that they lost the first case to Paypal they filed a chargeback with the credit card company and now opened a "Unauthorized Transaction" case today.

Eh, you probably won't lose that one. Just deal with the credit card and give them all the information they need, and you should be fine. They might get their money back, but you most likely won't lose yours.

Paypal immediately closed the case right after I submitted my information and it stated that they closed it because it wasn't under their Seller Protection.

"

Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse you because the transaction was not covered under PayPal Seller Protection for the following reason(s):

• The transaction was not eligible for Seller Protection. If a transaction is eligible for Seller protection, it will be marked as Eligible or Partially Eligible on your Transaction Details page."

And when I contacted them they said this: "For this case, We can not stop the buyer from disputing the case outside on PayPal. On our end we will represent you on the case and provide documents to help you get the funds however this case is decided by Card issuer and not PayPal. We do not have a control on that."

Is this how terrible Paypal has been? And there's nothing eBay can do either since they didn't even go through eBay for any of it, just Paypal. This is the 2nd time ever I've had an issue selling something anywhere. The first was with Amazon when I sold something through them a couple of years ago but they sided with me on that one.

bread's done
Back