VIDEOGAME SELLERS TARGETED FRAUD info on half.com / ebay/ amazon

[quote name='paddlefoot']Does eBay do anything about sellers and pirated DS carts?

I ask because eBay recently took off Transformers G1 Blaster and Reflector knock-off figures from my account saying it was trademark infringement.

Which was funny for 3 reasons)

a) These figures are sold on eBay all the time
b) They are 30 years old at least (found them in a box of stuff)
c) I say "knock-off" and "possible knock-off, off-brand, etc" in the titles and description. I'm not trying to mislead anyone.

I would think these figures would be patent infringement if anything, but alas, nothing I can do. My real question is does that mean eBay has cracked down on Asian bootlegs as well?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about eBay, but Amazon takes it pretty seriously. I had already posted about it, but last year I ordered Super Princess Peach from a guy that had his priced rather low compared to other sellers. That should have been my first warning. When it arrived, it was CIB, but everything about it screamed knockoff. The poorly printed manual and art (with generic UPC), and then the cart label itself, which looked horrid.

After checking some of his feedback, this wasn't an isolated incident. He had several neutral, positives and negatives, some alluding to the game not working on their DSi, but he refunded them, etc, etc.

First step, I negged him, calling him out on his pirated games. He contacted me and offered me a nice refund if I removed the feedback. No way, sir. I then reported him to Amazon for both selling illegal bootlegs, and for attempted feedback manipulation, followed up by an A-to-Z claim. And then, to top it off, I reported his listings to Nintendo's piracy division. Within a week, I got fully refunded and his storefront was wiped out.

From a buyer's perspective, it didn't matter much, because the game actually played perfectly on my DSi XL and it was like $12, but as a seller, this asshole was driving down prices of the competition while flooding the market with junk. I feel no pity for that guy.

[quote name='sp00ge']I don't know about eBay, but Amazon takes it pretty seriously. I had already posted about it, but last year I ordered Super Princess Peach from a guy that had his priced rather low compared to other sellers. That should have been my first warning. When it arrived, it was CIB, but everything about it screamed knockoff. The poorly printed manual and art (with generic UPC), and then the cart label itself, which looked horrid.

After checking some of his feedback, this wasn't an isolated incident. He had several neutral, positives and negatives, some alluding to the game not working on their DSi, but he refunded them, etc, etc.

First step, I negged him, calling him out on his pirated games. He contacted me and offered me a nice refund if I removed the feedback. No way, sir. I then reported him to Amazon for both selling illegal bootlegs, and for attempted feedback manipulation, followed up by an A-to-Z claim. And then, to top it off, I reported his listings to Nintendo's piracy division. Within a week, I got fully refunded and his storefront was wiped out.

From a buyer's perspective, it didn't matter much, because the game actually played perfectly on my DSi XL and it was like $12, but as a seller, this asshole was driving down prices of the competition while flooding the market with junk. I feel no pity for that guy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the main problem on amazon is usually people selling games as "new" when they are not factory sealed. I used to have to report 10-12 listings a week for stuff like that when I sold on there and amazon was always slow to remove them.

[quote name='slowdive21']Yeah, the main problem on amazon is usually people selling games as "new" when they are not factory sealed. I used to have to report 10-12 listings a week for stuff like that when I sold on there and amazon was always slow to remove them.[/QUOTE]

I used to do that, people listing in clear violation of the condition guidelines. But I decided to stop wasting my time and let the problem take care of itself. If they sell to an irrational person who doesn't read the description, it's their negative to deal with. A few negatives due to their own ignorance is sometimes enough to make them reevaluate their listing practices.

My only problem with Amazon are third party sellers using Amazon to fulfill there products and having the items not as described.

I recently purchased Shinobi 3DS from Source Media aka "Noram" in like-new condition. The top left of the case and artwork were completely torn, there was a tear maybe 2 1/2 inches long along the side, like-new my ass. =/

Luckily a new seller is selling it for $1 cheaper and the condition is stated as "new", lets hope I'm lucky this time around. At least Amazon returns are quick and painless!!!!

Speaking of sellers on Amazon listing opened, used items as "new"... Not only is it opened but it is also missing the manual (which should be "acceptable" condition by Amazon's sellers) and this wonderful seller lists the game as "new". Brilliant. The only person who would buy that is one who would skip over the description, who I'm sure in turn wouldn't be too happy to receive it.

Maybe someone that knows about half can chime in. I sold a game on half.com today to amatz89 . But they are now unregistered user. So I don't know if I should ship it. This is the address. Look familiar to anyone?

17650 devore ln
fort myers FL 33913

[quote name='TiKi2']Maybe someone that knows about half can chime in. I sold a game on half.com today to amatz89 . But they are now unregistered user. So I don't know if I should ship it. This is the address. Look familiar to anyone?

17650 devore ln
fort myers FL 33913[/QUOTE]

I would not ship it.

I recall that users who register only with half and not ebay will show up as not registered. Of course, its up to you to ship it, if you're not feeling it I would cancel and refund the order

Thanks for the replies. He/she actually bought both spyro games I had listed. Last time I sold 2 spyro games together a couple of years back I got hit with a chargeback.

When was the account registered? Also did they request standard or expediated shipping? In the end it doesn't matter because half.com should back you in the event of a chargeback as long as you have a valid DC#. Just make sure promptly respond to any chargeback information they ask for.

Amazon and Ebay seem to be getting rid of new sellers for any reason whatsoever.

any one else get booted out for no reason

seem to be getting rid of the small time sellers and sticking to the established ones (makes me think they are paid off or somethingso the marketplace doesnt get diluted)

any new perspectives would be more than welcome to hear

while i was on Amazon they also made some false A-Z guarantee claims against me and there was nothing i could do about it

Wanted to give you an update on this guy:
Ebay ID: agan1620
Aneal Ganta
31632 Coast Hwy
Apt A
Laguna Beach, CA 92651-6984

So, Ebay/paypal withdrew $45.00 from my account on Jan 22nd.
I responded to this guy's request by basically telling Ebay that I was being scammed. As you all know most cases are immediately defaulted in favor of the buyer, but for whatever reason, they opted to put the case on hold.
Supposedly, their investigation would take 2 weeks.

I waited an entire month, and on Feb 22nd contacted Ebay again (via phone this time). I was told that if I pushed them to make a decision, they would again automatically judge in favor of the buyer. I was told they would send a second request for information, and would make a judgement by March 7th.

So, it took Ebay 45 days to return my funds, and only because after that amount of time the scammer never replied to their requests for information.

I'm going to close my paypal and Ebay accounts, as I find that ridiculous.

Not sure if I should be worried yet or not but I sold the Mass Effect 3 CE on 3/5 (on eBay); guy promptly paid that day and I shipped it out 3/6 once I picked up the game. On 3/7 he sends me a message through eBay saying his address had changed (providing me a new one) and to let him know if I had already shipped it to the old address. eBay username for buyer is melfitz08; feedback of 72 but last activity was in 2010. If it turns out to be a scam I'll post the addresses.

If this isn't a scam what can I do to help this guy? Package has been out of my hands since Tuesday and is scheduled for delivery today.

[quote name='JediJames2']Not sure if I should be worried yet or not but I sold the Mass Effect 3 CE on 3/5 (on eBay); guy promptly paid that day and I shipped it out 3/6 once I picked up the game. On 3/7 he sends me a message through eBay saying his address had changed (providing me a new one) and to let him know if I had already shipped it to the old address. eBay username for buyer is melfitz08; feedback of 72 but last activity was in 2010. If it turns out to be a scam I'll post the addresses.

If this isn't a scam what can I do to help this guy? Package has been out of my hands since Tuesday and is scheduled for delivery today.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a scam. After the package is delivered, and it's in his hands, he will likely hit you with a 'never received item' dispute.

Most people switch housing on the last day or first day of the month, and most normal people do not move over night without notice.
At this point your only defense is your tracking number. Keep all exchanges through the Ebay system (not private email), and hope for the best.

There's a real book available on how to scam people on eBay:

41WkxH6TUuL.jpg

I wonder if some of these jackass scammers read it?

[quote name='JediJames2']Not sure if I should be worried yet or not but I sold the Mass Effect 3 CE on 3/5 (on eBay); guy promptly paid that day and I shipped it out 3/6 once I picked up the game. On 3/7 he sends me a message through eBay saying his address had changed (providing me a new one) and to let him know if I had already shipped it to the old address. eBay username for buyer is melfitz08; feedback of 72 but last activity was in 2010. If it turns out to be a scam I'll post the addresses.

If this isn't a scam what can I do to help this guy? Package has been out of my hands since Tuesday and is scheduled for delivery today.[/QUOTE]

It could be someone that legitimately changed their address. I haven't sold on half for a while, but can you see his address in paypal? If so does it match the one on half? If they match he probably forgot to change his address since he hasn't used his account in 2 years.

If that is the case, you should get the package back as undeliverable.

If he just recently moved, shouldn't he have have his mail forwarded? (I guess this depends on whether you're using USPS to ship or not. I'm not sure if UPS or Fedex has any sort of mail forwarding service.)

Can anyone confirm if mail forwarding causes any issues with eBay disputes?

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']If he just recently moved, shouldn't he have have his mail forwarded? (I guess this depends on whether you're using USPS to ship or not. I'm not sure if UPS or Fedex has any sort of mail forwarding service.)

Can anyone confirm if mail forwarding causes any issues with eBay disputes?[/QUOTE]

I think they only forward for 1 year at the PO.

Usually if you ship to the ebay address within the US, you are covered as long as you have DC.

Here's another scammer with a hijacked ebay/Half.com account. (Don't be a victim like myself!) Avoid mailing anything you value to :

JIM ROJAS
8002 Cornwall Lane
Tampa, FL 33615

I feel very sad and miserable now ...

Hey guys, could use some advice on a recent Half.com sale -- my first. Listed a new Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition and it "sold" within minutes. So of course I am a little wary since it happened so fast and the price at which I listed wasn't the cheapest one available.

To the google...

Buyer has 9 positive feedbacks on eBay, all as a buyer and all positive, but their last activity was in October of 2010. The shipping address provided appears legit but is showing up on Spokeo.com as having 25 residents, so it's clearly an apartment complex -- and yet there is no # of any kind on the shipping address to distinguish it.

So I went ahead and emailed the buyer through the Half.com email system asking them to re-verify their address. There has been no response in 2 days. I'm supposed to ship it out by next Wednesday.

TIA for any suggestions.

edit: I suppose it wouldn't hurt to post the city/state of the shipping address to see if sets off anyone's brain alerts: Columbia, MD

Last edited by a moderator:
If you havent heard from them for two days, you might consider canceling and refunding the order. Just shoot them an email and state that since you couldnt verify it you're refunding the order, and if they want to buy it again from you they'll need to provide it.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Hey guys, could use some advice on a recent Half.com sale -- my first. Listed a new Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition and it "sold" within minutes. So of course I am a little wary since it happened so fast and the price at which I listed wasn't the cheapest one available.

To the google...

Buyer has 9 positive feedbacks on eBay, all as a buyer and all positive, but their last activity was in October of 2010. The shipping address provided appears legit but is showing up on Spokeo.com as having 25 residents, so it's clearly an apartment complex -- and yet there is no # of any kind on the shipping address to distinguish it.

So I went ahead and emailed the buyer through the Half.com email system asking them to re-verify their address. There has been no response in 2 days. I'm supposed to ship it out by next Wednesday.

TIA for any suggestions.

edit: I suppose it wouldn't hurt to post the city/state of the shipping address to see if sets off anyone's brain alerts: Columbia, MD[/QUOTE]

I pulled all my half listing recently. Why? Because about 80% of what I sold were for dropshippers. 2, I hardly sold anything on there, shitty traffic.

Hi there,

I just sold a game on ebay to a buyer that created his account today with 0 feedback. His paypal address is verified but as per paypal, "the sender of this payment is unverified". I feel a little bit uneasy on this since this is a $50 transaction.

If it's okay, I will post the buyer's address here:

219 N Welch St
scottsville, KY 42164-1031

A google searched showed this as a company address? Any advice on how I should proceed, should I e-mail the buyer and if I should, how should I approach this?

Thanks!

[quote name='CAG90210']Hi there,

I just sold a game on ebay to a buyer that created his account today with 0 feedback. His paypal address is verified but as per paypal, "the sender of this payment is unverified". I feel a little bit uneasy on this since this is a $50 transaction.

If it's okay, I will post the buyer's address here:

A google searched showed this as a company address? Any advice on how I should proceed, should I e-mail the buyer and if I should, how should I approach this?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'd just send it. I've had new, unverified buyers before and didn't have any problems with them. Many people who are new Paypal users or just don't use it very often don't bother verifying their account. Get delivery confirmation and you should be fine.

[quote name='Link927']If you havent heard from them for two days, you might consider canceling and refunding the order. Just shoot them an email and state that since you couldnt verify it you're refunding the order, and if they want to buy it again from you they'll need to provide it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I'll give the "buyer" until the end of today and then cancel/refund. Not quite sure how to do that yet but it can't be too hard to figure out.

Buyer said he got into contact with current residents of his old address and had them Return to Sender the package (just got it back today). He wanted me to let him know how much it'll be to ship it back to him at his current address. Am I correct in assuming that if I tell him to just PayPal me the amount to reship it that at that point I will not be covered by eBay/PayPal Seller Protection? Since the original tracking linked to the auction shows it as having been returned to me and all. Any suggestions?

Edit: If I use the Add/Edit Tracking Numbers link by my completed auction to add a new tracking number does anyone know if I would be covered?

Hmm, looks like I spoke too soon. So, after unfreezing my funds on paypal, they waited another two weeks to close the case...and wait for it...
They now ruled in favor of the scammer. So, if I wasn't sure about closing my accounts before, I will surely do so now.

In the end, there're too many users on Ebay, and losing a single seller/buyer does not really matter to them. So, the chances of anyone winning a case (even if you have all the tracking and facts) is nearly zero.

Here is the info on the scammer (again):
Ebay ID: agan1620
Aneal Ganta
31632 Coast Hwy
Apt A
Laguna Beach, CA 92651-6984

^^ Don't let one person deter you from using egay/gaypal. We will all get scammed sooner or later doesn't matter where ebay/amazon/half/glyde. Just forget about it and move foward.

The world is full of filth , we have to learn to live with that.

[quote name='TiKi2']^^ Don't let one person deter you from using egay/gaypal. We will all get scammed sooner or later doesn't matter where ebay/amazon/half/glyde. Just forget about it and move foward.

The world is full of filth , we have to learn to live with that.[/QUOTE]

someone is insecure ...
or just ignorant

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']If he just recently moved, shouldn't he have have his mail forwarded? (I guess this depends on whether you're using USPS to ship or not. I'm not sure if UPS or Fedex has any sort of mail forwarding service.)

Can anyone confirm if mail forwarding causes any issues with eBay disputes?[/QUOTE]

neither company will do this, only USPS IF the recipient filled out the moving/forwarding form...

I have this guy on ignore ^^ but wanted to check if he had a new name on the fraud list. But alas , more dribble. I thought he died but I guess not.

BTW: I have a fraudster that didn't buy a video game but bought video game related stuff. Post it here?

[quote name='TiKi2']I have this guy on ignore ^^ but wanted to check if he had a new name on the fraud list. But alas , more dribble. I thought he died but I guess not.

BTW: I have a fraudster that didn't buy a video game but bought video game related stuff. Post it here?[/QUOTE]

Might as well, its related. The same people scamming for games will probably scam for guide books or accessories as well.

Hey everyone, I need some advice. I sold MLB 12: The Show on 4/9 to ebay user edgull. Looking at his feedback, it looks like he bought 5 other games that day, and about 15 in the last week. Surely, this is a scam, right?

Only through my own ignorance of not knowing that half.com changed their seller payment method have I not shipped out the item yet. I guess it could have saved me. If you all also think this is a scam, I'll post the address.

[quote name='fullmetal']
Only through my own ignorance of not knowing that half.com changed their seller payment method have I not shipped out the item yet. I guess it could have saved me. If you all also think this is a scam, I'll post the address.[/QUOTE]

Do what I did (also suggested in the OP) and send an email asking the buyer to verify their shipping address. If they don't respond in a timely manner, chances are they aren't on the level.

Posted this on the BLOCKED BIDDERS LIST thread too. Nice block list to use if you're still an ebay seller

Add this one to the list
kevinpamila

This fucker paid & I sent him an online code. Then a week later he sent me an email asking if I was going to send him a card when I clearly stated in the auction I was sending the code via email in BIG RED letters.

Anyway he said the code I sent him didn't work. I even sent him instructions on how to redeem it - step by step - and came back saying he got 'invalid code'. So I contacted microsoft via chat & I was told the code was valid.

I have 100% feedback and didnt want to deal with him so I refunded the money. I sent him a request to go through with the transaction and he never responded after he got this money.

Has great feedback, so either he's an idiot who cant follow simple directions on how to redeem a code or he bought the code and then wanted to return it and 'claimed' it didn't work.

It was still valid. That's why I posted 'idiot who cant follow simple instructions' I know the code I sent was valid because I did a copy and paste from the email I sent him when chatting with MS and also when I redeemed it on my account.

That's why I thought maybe they just decided they didn't want it anymore, but the guy just emailed me and said it didn't work.

[quote name='Rozz']If you get an order from Wendy Alassadi, BEWARE! She is a thief who scammed me. I'm out of the product and my money and she is getting away with stealing products online!

Billing address:
wendy c. alassadi
6011 W Seldon Ln
Glendale, AZ, 85302-5416, US

Shipping address:
WENDY ALASSADI
6011 W Seldon Ln
Glendale, AZ, 85302-5416, US
(623) 934-4628

It's sad to think people like Wendy are getting away with product theft just because it takes place online instead of a retail store.[/QUOTE]

There are people who still get away with product theft in stores! Its just the "anonymity" of the internet that gives these people these brazen abilities. Most of these people wouldnt even try if they knew there was a higher chance they would get caught.

Another HALF.COM scammer on the prowl again, so beware of shipping any items to :

Oneal Hamiton
110 E Washington Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91103

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Here's another scammer with a hijacked ebay/Half.com account. (Don't be a victim like myself!) Avoid mailing anything you value to :

JIM ROJAS
8002 Cornwall Lane
Tampa, FL 33615

I feel very sad and miserable now ...[/QUOTE]

I just got a charge back for a package I shipped out to this SOB as well, I wish I had seen your post sooner. A google search seems to show that he runs a "reshipping" buisness/scam. Supposedly accepting mail at this home address and then reshipping overseas or to another address. Watch out for any orders to that address. They may be to Jim Rojas and/or have a "c/o" portion in the address.

Here are yet more scammers with hijacked ebay/Half.com accounts. (Don't be a victim like myself!) Avoid mailing anything you value to :

AMY WEINS
170 Sawcreek Est
Bushkill, PA 18324

and

ASHLEY MCGIRT
5048 Needham Road
Bailey, NC 27807

and

EDWARD SIMMONS
5633 S Maplewood Ave
Chicago, IL 60629

My melancholia continues ...

Good thing I found this thread or else I would have fallen for the scam and shipped my games! Let me add that whoever lives at these two addresses (posted by FatBoyInside above) are still active and trying to scam people:

110 E Washington Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91103

AND

5048 needham road
bailey, NC 27807

I'm being scammed by "New World Archive" on Amazon. Sure enough, there are plenty of blogs discussing the same exact incident as mine. Here's a link to one:

http://www.pazzobooks.com/blog.htm/general/new-world-archive-unveiled/

New World Archive tends to ask for a lot of refunds and often claims they never received an item. They asked me for a refund and then sent back a different book then the one I sent them. It's the same title, but it's not the same book. I sent them a new book and they sent me back a severely damaged book. The only reason I know it's not mine is the sticker residue that was never on my book.

Apparently, they buy lots of books from half.com and amazon.com and resell them on Amazon Canada. Sure enough, the book they bought off me for $40, they are selling on Amazon Canada for $200 under the alias "Vanderbilt_ca" mentioned in the blog link I posted.

It's a pretty interesting business they've made. They've taken the idea of "flipping" and applied it to a large scale business generating thousands of dollars a day. I just don't like how they are pretty much committing return fraud on me, a grad student selling his old college books so that I can buy new ones.

They actually bought a book off of me a couple of years ago and I never heard a complaint from them. I guess they decided not to commit return fraud that time.

If anyone has any advice for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']They asked me for a refund and then sent back a different book then the one I sent them. It's the same title, but it's not the same book. I sent them a new book and they sent me back a severely damaged book. The only reason I know it's not mine is the sticker residue that was never on my book.[/QUOTE]
An individual from New Canaan, Connecticut is probably going to try this stunt with me on the Amazon marketplace. They ordered a GameCube title that was brand new, y-folded perfectly and thoroughly described. I get a 4/5 feedback with all these lies it was unsealed and the disc was in a paper sleeve. I always shake the heck out of sealed stuff and nothing was loose like a sleeved disc. The sleeve is most suspect, especially since a USPS inspection would just mess it and eliminates that possibility.

They also admitted they've been scrounging GameStop for the game and have gone through multiple defective copies. Make the connection? They're probably gonna send me a used,defective unit from GS and retain the sealed copy I sent for a full refund. I just have to wait for the charge-back in about a month. I'll edit this post with their info if it comes to fruition.

Good luck, everybody.

Well, less than a month later and I have a new potential scammer. I'm still waiting for the charge-back on the previous one and this malarkey rolls in.

I get a message reading the the buyer "received 1 cd from this series that is damaged."

Well, there are twenty DVDs in the TV series boxset I sent, genius. Thanks for being so descriptive. The item was brand new, sealed, and I actually had to take it out of its manufacturer's cardboard shipment box. It had no floaters, and I've handled three other copies and personally own one without any incidents.

I know boxsets occasionally get botched, but the thing that gets me is Amazon sent me the message, like the person tried to file a claim less than a week after making the order without ever contacting me. They got the item in three days FYI. It sounds like a fledgling shyster. I think they bought some individual discs from a season boxset at a closing BlockBuster; they were thinking they could somehow gyp the series boxset for free, as strange as that sounds, or fill out their collection and send the remnants back. I will update when I hear more, and post their info if they gyp me. They haven't responded to how and which disc was damaged. The item was insured if it turns out it was damaged in transit.

Edit: Yup, I was right. Told them I would refund them totally and pay for the return shipping and the box after they destroyed the parcel box it was shipped in. Had an A-Z claim waiting for me tonight. I let loose in the representation message and called it fraud, because they want to keep the boxset and get a full refund. I don't know if the buyer sees it, but I hope they enjoy. Their name will be posted once I lose the case or get back the box with whatever dud she shoves in. It's annoying Amazon will let this slide through.

A-Z claim message: customer wants to return this but she does not have box it was shipped in and this item is damaged and wants a refund, customer has tried to tell to seller that this series the first four disk skips and she even tried a different dvd player and same issues

It appears the rep who filed the claim was not proficient in English. Ridiculous beyond words. She has been cajoling the reps to refund her, with simple misspelled messages when she is quite articulate it appears. She never actually identified the discs that were broken/defective in any form and the rep assumed. I've e-mailed her six times, and was nice until the claim. I made sure to orchestrate the return, which she is playing dumb to wait out the claim and keep the item.

Edit 2: Well, the buyer agreed to send back the item and I paid return shipping plus handling since the last edit. I never got directly vicious beyond the A-Z defense and they dropped the claim when they were promised a complete refund again. I want to try to keep my feedback positive, even though it's gonna be a $22 direct hit on shipping alone with the broken unit returned. A restocking fee would just be asking for trouble knowing how this person is playing me.

I got the discs back already, and highly suspect it was a switcheroo to complete a defective set. They could only identify one disc that was messing up after everything. And it was troublesome during my playback inspection, with pure filth on the bottom of it. It was brand new when it was sent. Now, 19/20 Discs now have signs of being mishandled, with thick grease, prints, hairs, light scratches and dust upon them now. There are so many signs pointing the buyer was manipulating Amazon and knew the system. They knew I would bend under pressure. For instance, they acknowledged the A-Z claim would screw the seller metrics up and be a strike for me, something I never mentioned.

I will post the name soon, but I have a feeling it was a one-time swindle to get watchable discs for free. Also, they may have copied the discs, explaining all of the fingerprinting. There are dozens of possibilities, and the most innocent explanation appears to be the most distant.

Edit 3: The buyer's story did not check out, so I am posting the info below. The final verdict: at best, they overstated the problem to gain sympathy from Amazon to screw me on a refund. I could have sent a replacement disc from my personal copy (not brand new like the one sent, so, a moot point) for the one that was broken, but since they kept upping the story, it was ridiculous to even consider. They included a handwritten note that the first two discs were bad and they stopped using the DVDs, and they play quite fine of course. Though, 19/20 discs show signs of considerable use and wear.

Hypotheticals: The buyer either bought defective discs from somewhere else, broke their old copies, or intentionally defiled the one disc or some combination thereof. When they could not keep it, they copied the discs onto a computer or laptop, explaining the wear. They then may have replaced the discs from their duds and put them into the cases of my unit and returned it. I realize this explanation is beyond convoluted, but it is a very sophisticated deception.

W. Bennett (PM me for the first full name; I don't feel like having it come up in a search engine)
PO Box 638
Micanopy, FL 32667

The whole situation was ridiculous and could have been innocent to a point, but the multiple circumventions, the A-Z claim, the hesitance to return the item for free, and the peculiar condition of the discs returned speaks volumes.

For the record, the discs were not accidentally smudged like during a cleaning wipe-down, which can sometimes exacerbate the appearance of grease and would have been understandable, but not in this case; just the plain, uniform and leisurely mishandling of fifteen extra discs made very evident during inspection. I hit the hair and grease jackpot!

I'd call an Amazon rep for something like that; pretty much if you offer to take the return and pay for return shipping, the buyer has no grounds for an A to Z. Write on the claim that you're sending a return shipping box, that you offered a refund...so why is the buyer not cooperating by starting a premature A - Z? Sometimes with the right wording their claim will be denied...another trick is if you receive the returned item you can partial refund them and charge a 15-20% restocking fee.

Man, I'm reading through this thread and now realize I was the victim of 1 of these scams. For me it was a half.com book I sent to Hawaii. The buyer filed a complaint saying it was damaged (Dented). I was so pissed I added a comment to all my remaining books saying "No Dealers". If a dealer / drop shipper orders my book, I suddenly find myself unable to find the item. I have had 1 ass wipe leave negative feedback, and what sucks is you can't dispute the feedback on these transactions. I went so far as to add a block list to my half account. Another jackass claimed his book never arrived via Amazon, but I used the amazon shipping service which includes the tracking device, and that guy had his claim rejected.

vivafriend , when it comes to collectable sealed games I would rather sell it to a fellow collector on here or at NA. You won't make as much but you will spare yourself of the trouble associated with ebay/amazon.

bread's done
Back