VIDEOGAME SELLERS TARGETED FRAUD info on half.com / ebay/ amazon

I thought Half.com had better seller protection than that. Basically if you use DC or something to show it was delivered, you are safe. I guess not.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, eBay simply continues to protect sellers.:roll:[/quote]

but omgz the big bad sellers never leave feedbacks until you do!1 :roll:

I hate ebay so much.

[quote name='aphex']Just got notice today, they sided in Crystals favor as well EVEN THOUGH I have delivery confirmation showing the package was delivered.

As soon as Half debits my account, i'm calling my bank to dispute the charge. Screw Half, i'm closing my account. Thanks for having my back.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me today. I am calling my bank and filing a complaint with the BBB.

Which one of these homies do you think is playing your games right now?

437x

(Their names are "lil bro" and "egg roll". I leave it up to you to guess which is which.)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I thought Half.com had better seller protection than that. Basically if you use DC or something to show it was delivered, you are safe. I guess not.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible it runs deeper than that, and someone in half or ebay is involved as well?

Wow, after reading all of this, I think it's time to get a lawyer involved. Looks like the only way Half/Ebay is going to do anything is if a lawsuit is thrown at them. Aiding and protecting a well documented scam-artist, while flat-out refusing to help those being scammed by this person? I'm sure you could file some sort of suit over that.

Somebody should seriously talk to a lawyer over this, since obviously Half/Ebay wants to do nothing about it. Even a nice legal letter warning of pending legal action may be enough to get there asses straight.

Makes me glad I only sell on Amazon.

They have to see this huge list of not receivd coming from them, they must know something is fishy. Unless their system is that automated they have not even picked up on it, or simply do not care one bit.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but this just happened to me again. This time, though, I had a DC # to send the fuckers packing. They tried to claim a sale from 4 months ago didn't arrive.

The name is - Jermane Pinson

For starters if everyone files a BBB report on them that will help. 20 reports filed on them in a day will raise a flag.

Also i believe half.com has a forum. I'd post detailed instructions on how its possible to scam people using their rules and policy. It's an informational post, they will NOT like seeing 20 posts on how easy it is to scam people.

I did the same thing with ebay/paypal and had an offer of a $200 refund the next day directly from paypal.

Thoughts on various things that have been said:

BBB is garbage - there's really far less to accomplish by reporting to them than you'd hope.

That whole "get a lawyer" thing may not be a bad idea.

And I would think that even if they have an automated system processing it, that they could set said system to LOOK FOR overzealous disputes.

[quote name='pfp']Thoughts on various things that have been said:

BBB is garbage - there's really far less to accomplish by reporting to them than you'd hope.

That whole "get a lawyer" thing may not be a bad idea.

And I would think that even if they have an automated system processing it, that they could set said system to LOOK FOR overzealous disputes.[/quote]

The BBB report takes 5 minutes to do and its free. It's a good way to get their attention and make them realize that your not gonna just go away quietly.

The lawyer thing is a bad idea unless you have a large group of people who will be doing a class action suit. The time and money spent on it is simply not feasable to an individual.

very true, but there's already a half dozen people here, and once you start a class action suit, the lawyer takes their cut out of the final money.

A BBB report basically has the bbb list the company as "in bad standing" on the website until the company does something about it or tells the bbb that they've 'addressed the issue".

maybe I'm just jaded about the bbb being ineffective in the past.

crystal-turner.ws lol shes trying to get people to send money for a poetry slam? more like SCAM hahhaha lets all go in on the poop thing..

I just got nailed on a $50 new copy of COD4 GOTY edition. The messed up thing is that since this scammer has been using this account over 20 people have complained about him in his positive feedback and they still haven't pulled the account from ebay/half.com.

update: they're taking my money, I'm never using that crap service again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is terrible. I hope legal action will be taken to stop this. To let scammers run free on their site like that is just ridiculous. I've never used half.com and now I certainly never will.

It gets better. I complained to the chargeback division about complaints in the positive feedback and I think they deleted these complaints. I'm probably just going to contact the internet fraud division of the FBI and the better business bureau in silicon valley over half.com and be done with it.

I too got a chargeback from half.com and am trying to fight it. The buyer's feedback was removed suspiciously today. The name was skeller968 and
T Edwards
618 Pear Street
Carterville, IL 62918
USA

wow, This scam has been going on for years, The first purchase I made on Ebay was from her about 3 years ago!! I bought a game and it never showed up, I e-mailed her several times and as a new ebayer bought the lie that it came back, ect... by the time i actualy made a calim Ebay said it was too far in the past to make a claim and she got my $13+shipping.

She also made a purchase from me about a year ago right before I quit selling on Eaby. If I remember right it was a wrestling game for N64.

P.S. I wonder if with how many games they are ripping off of people if it is some kind of reseller, or if they run a gamestore in the area?

[quote name='mooren18']I too got a chargeback from half.com and am trying to fight it. The buyer's feedback was removed suspiciously today. The name was skeller968 and
T Edwards
618 Pear Street
Carterville, IL 62918
USA[/quote]

What are you doing to fight it? I've talked with half.com via email/phone and they seem to be more interested in the rights of a criminal.

[quote name='thedouche']I just got nailed on a $50 new copy of COD4 GOTY edition. The messed up thing is that since this scammer has been using this account over 20 people have complained about him in his positive feedback and they still haven't pulled the account from ebay/half.com.

update: they're taking my money, I'm never using that crap service again.[/quote]
Post the username so we can block them
[quote name='thedouche']What are you doing to fight it? I've talked with half.com via email/phone and they seem to be more interested in the rights of a criminal.[/quote]
Yep, that's eBay per usual. Not interested in keeping the people who actually pay them money.

Yep, eBay hides behind the "privacy of their users" whenever it comes to criminal activity. I saw a special on television once about how reluctant they have been when it comes to helping law enforcement track down stolen goods that are being peddled on eBay.

This is why the no negative for buyer rule is ridiculous. The buyer deserves to be kicked off EBay and have a negative rating.

[quote name='DisKounters']I have been selling on Half.com for years, and have refunded over $2,500,000 worth of fraudulent orders. If you sell on HDC, I wrote an eBay Guide on how to protect yourself against fraud.

Half.com Sellers - Protecting against Fraud
http://reviews.ebay.com/Half-com-Sellers-Protecting-against-Fraud_W0QQugidZ10000000008091498

I was at eBay Live this year in Chicago, and HDC talked about changing how they handle charges, and these fraud problems should go away. I'm not holding my breath, but if they do what they promised, the "fraud check" will go BEFORE the "You've Made a Sale" emails.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know you were a CAG member :) What happened to you over on the half boards? I haven't been on there much in the last year but it looks like they booted you? Asshats. You tried to help the community and they shit on you.

Well being new to selling games on half.com, i thought I could save a few bucks by not choosing DC. I've gotten hit with 2 chargebacks in the past few days and I have no DC numbers to send half.com. I never got emails from unhappy buyers who never got their games, either. It's disheartening that people are so crooked in this world.

This is just going to be a bigger and bigger problem... I keep saying I am done, but i sell a few more things on ebay right after i say it...

I really have gotten rid of most of my items that were gathering dust..

I have a few RC parts, remotes, as well as some paintball and old PC games that I may dump this summer and holiday season....

I just hit 502 feedback with 1 negative... the sad part is the negative is really new and I refunded that bitches money, paid shipping both ways, etc and she still gave me negative... I left her a negative remark in her "positive" and then she foolishly replied (which doubles the size of the feedback and draws attention).

The bad thing was she claimed it didnt work, when it was a flawless "gripshift", then i see that she bought the same item the day after she bought and paid for mine, before mine even arrived. I know she just wanted the lower priced game and so she screwed me.

screw this no negative... I have sold close to 15 HDDVD's in the last month and got like 3 feedback.. no one even leaves feedback anymore..

Oh well it was good while it lasted... the new cashback incentive helps out as well that live.com runs.

[quote name='62t']Damn I got screwed by the same guy. He use this account

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tinblessing8&ftab=AllFeedback

I think we should be contacting the Carterville Police Department[/quote]

This must be a huge operation because among the relatively small cag community, several people have been had by this piece of poo operation.

I suspect that the "T Edwards" person/scam artist hacks ebay accounts, sends stuff to the same address and then sells the stuff by a different account. The fact that ebay/half.com ships that address is completely irresponsible.

Alright folks, I have sent an email to the Williamson County Sheriff's Department, I will let you guys know what I find out. This assface actually got me twice in the past week with chargebacks. Known hacked accounts:

tinblessing8
skeller968

[quote name='safire']Alright folks, I have sent an email to the Williamson County Sheriff's Department, I will let you guys know what I find out. This assface actually got me twice in the past week with chargebacks. Known hacked accounts:

tinblessing8
skeller968[/quote]

What's the email, I'd like to send these jerks on a trip downtown (I'll also shoot it at the few people I got a hold of on ebay messaging).

[quote name='thedouche']What's the email, I'd like to send these jerks on a trip downtown (I'll also shoot it at the few people I got a hold of on ebay messaging).[/quote]

Williamson County Sheriff Dept,

I wish to notify you about suspected fraud associated with the following name/address:

T Edwards
618 Pear Street
Carterville, IL 62918
USA

I have conducted business with this person twice through half.com (a sister site of ebay). Both sales have resulted in chargebacks, meaning the buyer has claimed that they have not received the package, in which case half.com debits my account the full sale price (burden of proof of delivery is on the seller). I have since found that T. Edwards has been commonly mentioned as a purpotrater of these chargebacks among multiple half.com sellers.

Please investigate this matter and contact me if you need any more details,

Note: Now reading this, I probably should have given more details as to why I suspect fraud. Hopefully it will at least get read (I'm curbing my optimism right now).

[quote name='safire']Williamson County Sheriff Dept,

I wish to notify you about suspected fraud associated with the following name/address:

T Edwards
618 Pear Street
Carterville, IL 62918
USA

I have conducted business with this person twice through half.com (a sister site of ebay). Both sales have resulted in chargebacks, meaning the buyer has claimed that they have not received the package, in which case half.com debits my account the full sale price (burden of proof of delivery is on the seller). I have since found that T. Edwards has been commonly mentioned as a purpotrater of these chargebacks among multiple half.com sellers.

Please investigate this matter and contact me if you need any more details,

Note: Now reading this, I probably should have given more details as to why I suspect fraud. Hopefully it will at least get read (I'm curbing my optimism right now).[/quote]

What's their email address?

It's pathetic that allows someone to steal your money (they hit my bank account today), repeatedly allows this abuse from the same address (just ban the address), and then blames it on the seller.

PS: I sent an email too.

PSS: Think we should do an FBI internet fraud complaint too?

Damn this sh*t is crazy. I just got a message from Half saying I just made a sale. Printed the shipping label and everything. Out of curiosity just to see where it was, i searched the address on google. Then i saw this thread. thank god, i would've been out a game. anyway the account this assh0le used was bjornemand. thanks to whoever started this thread. peace.

This is awesome because if ebay/half isn't going to make an effort to flag bad addresses (it wouldn't be that hard), we can probably perform the same function on this forum.

Ok, here is what I can add in terms of how to prevent stuff like this from happening. Send everything out with Delivery Confirmation for only $0.18. If you print your postage from paypal the USPS only charges you $0.18 for delivery confirmation and all the information is saved in your paypal account in case you ever need to dig it up. Honestly, I was handwriting addresses for the longest time and only spending the 65 cents when it was a $30+ item but now it's SOOOOO MUCH easier just to pay and print on paypal and get the DC. You can also link your half.com account so that can be done just as easily.

[quote name='saticoy']I'm passing by the Van Nuys addresses today- I'll take a picture of the house if you guys want.[/QUOTE]

How about you fire bomb the house instead? ;)

[quote name='Josef']How about you fire bomb the house instead? ;)[/quote]

NO! There may be games inside! Too many plastic casualties.

Half.com screwed me over too. I found another account used by T Edwards.

He scammed me twice, the first time Half pardoned it because it was the first time someone filed a charge back. Then, the SAME guy filed a chargeback under a different account, and I mentioned it to them before hand.

I pretty much gave the game to the guy for free and he got his money back. Amazing.

Here is the e-mail I sent to half, and they did NOTHING. Also, his feedback was erased on one of the accounts, which conveniently happened after I contacted them abou this.

Date of shipment: 2-25-09
• Shipping method: USPS
• Tracking/Delivery Information: I did not purchase tracking information. Receipt shows I sent the item.
• Comments

Do you guys do any kind of investigation? This is the same address as the other account, and this guy is a scammer. My question is, if you guys want us to get tracking and delivery information, why not pay us back for the packaging and shipping that we paid for, instead of giving us a minimum fee in which we lose money on the item itself. If the buyer is paying for shipping, but the sellers have to pay extra out of their pocket for tracking information from USPS, why not include that?

It is obvious the account is a scammer account. Not only do I NEVER get contact from either accounts Skeller968 or MaverickLending2001 that they never recieved their item, but both accounts have the same home address, and multiple accounts of chargeback disputes. And you guys just seem to keep on giving the guy his money back and the seller is losing their item.

Now either he is doing this by checking who doesn't include tracking information, and scamming those people who aren't experienced enough on Half.com(I'm going to from now on, to prevent crap like this from ever happening), or the account is hacked.

Please respond using no scripts. I'd like a well thought out and typed answer from someone who can. I know you guys have a business to run, but the fact that I provided a receipt for the item that was sent to the exact zip code and state means I sent the item, and I should not be punished by being charged.

Proof that he is a scammer.

Exhibit 1

My e-mail I sent to you regarding transaction #35197283101. I already mentioned transaction 36680910101.

Hi again,

I did some more research and found something very interesting that you might want to report to the authorities.

Compare Transaction #35197283101 and Transaction #36680919101.

They were both within a month of each other, and both accounts at the time have the same shipping address.

I noticed this only because I was looking for that receipt in my house and found another item shipped to Carterville, IL. That was the Burnout Paradise, and on the same receipt I shipped out Transaction #36596765101, which doesn't have any problems, but I was curious to see how I shipped those two items, which I initially thought was Transaction #35197283101, in such a wide time frame. That's how I noticed the same address for both Transaction #35197283101 and Transaction #36680919101, which means either skeller968 and mavericklending2001 are the same person, or possibly that both accounts have been hacked into somehow and the same hacker used the same address in Carterville, IL.

Either situation is bad, but as I said before, you cannot punish the sellers who sold to these two accounts, as I've checked the account history on both accounts and lots of buying activity has been going on. If you do, you're going to screw over a lot of people. Please let me know what you make of all this, because I have stake in losing my own money for the items I sold, and this seems really unfair to have my account charged for selling on your website.

I'm attaching the receipt for Transaction #36680919101, which isn't what you guys asked for and isn't the receipt for Transaction #35197283101, as I haven't found it yet, but it will back up what I've found out so far.

Please keep me updated, thank you.

Exhibit 2

The buyers feedback.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=skeller968&ftab=AllFeedback

BUYER IS A KNOWN CHARGEBACK SCAMMER - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! 14 in just two monthsSeller: parrishco21 ( 14
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)

Mar-29-09 07:39
  • Follow-up by parrishco21 (Mar-29-09 07:50):

Chargeback so scammer gets money and item- Just like all the14 other sellers...
-- (#340940499993)

iconPos_16x16.gif
Fast payment, thanks!Seller: zpalfy33 ( 101
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)

Mar-22-09 14:59
  • Follow-up by zpalfy33 (Mar-29-09 06:27):

SELLERS BEWARE - CHARGEBACK REQUEST REC'D LIKE THOSE BELOW!
-- (#340920634586)

[quote name='DoctorC114']Half.com screwed me over too. I found another account used by T Edwards.

[/quote]

Everyone who gets hit by this guy needs to contact the local sheriff and the fbi internet fraud division (email/links in this thread). I wish Chris Hansen would visit this facility.

I hate it how ebay facilitates crime (they could just block the fricking address).

bread's done
Back