Vita cases...

[quote name='orntar']Whats the difference from the case you guys are talking about and the half-the-price Hori case on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Well, they look a hell of a lot better than the Hori Hard Cases on Amazon, and I really don't like how those ones open compared to the one I got.

[quote name='KALEL114']My first choice was to go with Play-Asia, but they were back-ordered forever on the Black case. That's why I went yesasia. I knew the shipping would take a while, but it was free and I ordered it way before I would need it. I love the case by the way. What about you?[/quote]

I love it, the color is a bit darker than I thought compared to the pictures, but it's still awesome. Now UPS just needs to drop off my Vita to go in it.

Man I have now idea what case to get. The Hori one people seem to be gravitating to can only carry like 2 or 3 games or something like that. I'm temped by that $25 starter bundle I saw at Gamestop.

Also what is a good source for wrist straps?

I believe this is the HORI case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQu-Ue1pqkM&feature=related

Here is the cover case by Sony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZfzvqNBFk

You can figure it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvnDcNQaI3U

Here is the carrying pouch from Japan

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Carrying-P...ideogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329365268&sr=1-2-spell

About 2 minutes in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hb1-O1vBwQ

I think I'll just get the Sony pouch. I won't take it out of the house and it will be a good place to store it when not in use.

Last edited by a moderator:
After that video for the Hori, I have changed my mind. You can't have the games against the screen like that.

I guess I am back to the travel case.

Don't get the PDP crystal case, I've discovered a flaw, if it has an impact (even a light one) on the hinges, the thing flies open. Not the kind of protection you want in a case for a 250 dollar console.

Is there any way to order the Thrustmaster case if you're living in the U.S? I tried ordering it on Amazon.uk, but it said it couldn't ship to CA.

[quote name='sandaz93']Is there any way to order the Thrustmaster case if you're living in the U.S? I tried ordering it on Amazon.uk, but it said it couldn't ship to CA.[/QUOTE]

chicacocubsfan mentioned it... zavvi is the only place that will ship thrustmasters to the USA. I've got the VIP case on pre-order.....

All of these are:
FeaturesPSX.png

10587252-1328031516-199258.jpg

http://www.zavvi.com/10587252.html

10587254-1328031516-199248.jpg

http://www.zavvi.com/10587254.html

10587253-1328031516-199203.jpg

http://www.zavvi.com/10587253.html

[quote name='orntar']After that video for the Hori, I have changed my mind. You can't have the games against the screen like that.

I guess I am back to the travel case.[/QUOTE]

I know most people are not considering it, but you could get the Hori face cover:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-PS-Vita-...6YGW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329416212&sr=8-4

And then just slide your Vita into the Hori hardshell case, thus no worries about scratches to the entire face of the unit, and no worries about the joysticks being damaged inside the hard case.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I know most people are not considering it, but you could get the Hori face cover:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-PS-Vita-...6YGW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329416212&sr=8-4

And then just slide your Vita into the Hori hardshell case, thus no worries about scratches to the entire face of the unit, and no worries about the joysticks being damaged inside the hard case.[/QUOTE]

Why is no one considering it? I think it looks great combined with the Hori case.

[quote name='genfuyung']Why is no one considering it? I think it looks great combined with the Hori case.[/QUOTE]

I think it looks great too, that's why I ordered both. I would prefer the EU Hori Vita case, looks a little nicer, but I'd rather not wait two weeks to get one. I did order the faceplate and Hori case and will see how they work out together. Plus of course I'll put a screen protector over the screen to make sure its covered.

[quote name='hlb96']Use google shopping to find sites in USA selling them. Found one but its on order from manufacturer.[/QUOTE]

I put in Thrustmaster S.P.F. case on google shopping and nothing is showing up. Could you post/pm me the link?

I don't have a Vita yet but I have gone through a few cases in my boredom as I wait until next Wednesday.

I at first bought the PDP Crystal Custom case mainly due to it being most similar to the PSP Logitech Playgear Pocket, plus I wasn't sure yet if I was going physical or all digital and the PDP case had 8 cartridge slots built in. After buying it and opening it, it just seemed really cheap. And extremely bulky. I played with the hinges a bit and something just seemed off on it. I suppose if you're going retail purchases and want something that holds a decent amount of cartridges it's a good case, but I didn't like the quality.

I also got the Starter Kit (which I since returned when I realized the earbuds in it were a POS) but the sleeve in it seemed nice enough. Pretty similar to the one that came with the original PSP, just bigger of course.

I've settled on the official Sony Pouch. Feels soft yet sturdy underneath and a flap in the middle where you can place headphones and charger and things. Pretty good all-in-one. Seems much better built than the plasticy PDP case.

I could see myself getting a decent leather one like they have in Japan, but I'm not spending $50+ importing.

its not exactly a case,

but after a day of playing with my feb vita, my hands started to cramp, the placement of the sticks and buttons seemed to be too high for me.

so i went out to gamestop and bought the trigger grips from pdp, which corrected my grip on the vita and made holding it comfortable.

you guys might wanna check it out if you have big hands

[quote name='Pend']pbj16 glad i can help out, the hard pouch is similar to the one i'm using on my psp. Can't decided so getting both myself and buying an extra first edition case. The thrustmaster cases look good but don't think it would fit the ps vita with a full shield and protect frame like the others. mrx001 not a man purse but a messenger i'm looking into is:
Waterfield Cargo:http://www.sfbags.com/products/cargo/cargo.htm
I have a custom made laptop sleeve with flap and shoulder straps for my 18.4in gaming laptop and they use premium materials.[/QUOTE]

Tom Bihn makes some good stuff.

I carry either a Maxpedition Malaga or Mongo versipack to work. My portable game system and iPad sit inside. Both bags are pretty indestructable.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/MONGO-VERSIPACK-4p1332.htm
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Malaga-Gearslinger-2p514.htm

[quote name='chriscolbert']I was JUST researching this and I think I'm sold on this Rocketfish one:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...ault-case-rf-psv1301-rf-psv1301/10190755.aspx

I'll be getting it at Best Buy ($19.99) but this was the only place I could find a picture of it and if you click the "gallery" link you will see how it's laid out. I don't plan on having that many games so the fact that it has the built-in storage is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I ordered this case as well. Just got my shipping notice.

Nerf case does not fit in FEB case so I am trading it in for armor shell. 4 1/2 yr old walks around w/ iPad and 3DS so he will do the same w/ this. Otterbox needs to make cases for game systems.

Found a case at Target today that I hadn't seen online or anything. It seems to be a lot like the FEB case, but it probably isn't quite that good. I liked it more than the Hori case I have on order at amazon, plus it holds 16 games, unlike the Hori one which held 2.

It's called a Game Traveler Case (as far as I can tell) and is made by RDS Industries, but it's an officially licensed product. It's Model PSV140.

I'd post a pic or link (if I could find one), but I'm on my phone. Interent at my house is down for some reason, so I'll get to it whenever it comes back.

Edit: Can't find it on target.com, but here is a link to it on another site. http://www.bluemouth.com.au/products/821

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went to GS earlier today and picked up 2 accessories for my SOON to be here PSVita. I am being as patient as i can be
I picked up the PDP Pul 'N Go Folio and Trigger Grips.
Now i can't FULLY review these because...Well. I don;t have my Vita.. But i think you will get the point.

The PDP Folio is fantastic. It's a nice "big" binder-like case. Black and textured. Nice stitching and VERY nice Sony tags on it.
PDPStuff01.jpg

Playstation logo on zipper pull.

PDPStuff04.jpg

Inside you will see the case hold 19 games, and 2 memory cards. Very nice and snug.

PDPStuff05.jpg

The Center contains a pocket to hold your charger cables for long travel. You wil also see that the case has a smaller case inside. The case is attached with velcro. The front of the smaler case is solid.

PDPStuff06.jpg

PDPStuff08.jpg

PDPStuff09.jpg

When you open it.. Surprise! 4 more spots for games. Very nice too. So you can grab it and go and not take the bigger case.

PDPStuff10.jpg

i have to say the stitching is nice as are the logos.

PDPStuff07.jpg

This is a well made case. The PSVita "will" slip right in and the NICE thing is the case has 2 channels for the analog sticks.

PDPStuff11.jpg

Another neat feature is this pull tab. You pull this to get your Vita out of the case.

PDPStuff12.jpg

All in all i think this case is going to be steller and frankly worth the 29.99. lots of room for games and 2 cases in 1.

Now as for the Trigger Grips? I really can't say much I do know it doesn't fit in the PDP case (thats a shame) But i heard from numerous people on NeoGAF that it's a god send for people with big hands.

PDPStuff13.jpg

PDPStuff14.jpg

PDPStuff15.jpg

PDPStuff16.jpg

PDPStuff17.jpg

Now if you want to see these at FULL quality hit up this link
http://pictures.joeandcourtney.com/PSVita/

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']Well it's madcatz so... Complete crap.[/QUOTE]

Actually madcatz has gotten a lot better in recent years

[quote name='62t']Actually madcatz has gotten a lot better in recent years[/QUOTE]

Agreed anyone who says MadCatz is crap now.. has not been paying attention in the recent years.:roll:

Here's some pictures of the case I got from target today.

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

The bottom of the case is pretty firm, while the top has a bit more cushion. A small drop might not concern me too bad (it does come with a carabiner and a wrist strap attached ot the case), but I wouldn't put a ton of weight on it.

DSC_0466.jpg

The game holder protects the screen (fabric on the bottom), and then there's a pocket on top for some accessories.

DSC_0467.jpg

Holder folds out to hold 16 games, could probably hold memory cards too.

DSC_0468.jpg

The picture in the case shows how the game holder can be folded into a holder/easel to rest the Vita on if you wanted to watch/play something.

DSC_0469.jpg

It's got a pull strap to help lift the Vita out.

DSC_0470.jpg

Bad picture of me holding the wrist strap, but it tucks in between the two halves of the case under a stretchy piece of fabric you should be able to see in the picture (and above pictures).

Both of those items seem pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I was actually looking for a good Vita case that would hold the power cords and games/accessories. So I might have to look into that one.

[quote name='Sh0k']Does anyone owns the MadCatz PS VITA ArmorShell? Here is the link from GameStop :

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-armorshell/98466

Any comments on the quality of the ArmorShell?[/QUOTE]

I bought it last night and it feels kind of cheap/flimsy. I bought it because I just needed something to protect the areas that are not covered the Sony screen protector. It does come with a removable back cover for the rear touch pad so that's a nice touch. It also has a little flap on the bottom that can be used as a stand. I don't have a Vita to test it on yet so there's not much else I can say. It should work for basic protection from scratches and fingerprints. I wouldn't expect this to save it from a fall though.

[quote name='pjb16']Found a case at Target today that I hadn't seen online or anything. It seems to be a lot like the FEB case, but it probably isn't quite that good. I liked it more than the Hori case I have on order at amazon, plus it holds 16 games, unlike the Hori one which held 2.

It's called a Game Traveler Case (as far as I can tell) and is made by RDS Industries, but it's an officially licensed product. It's Model PSV140.

I'd post a pic or link (if I could find one), but I'm on my phone. Interent at my house is down for some reason, so I'll get to it whenever it comes back.

Edit: Can't find it on target.com, but here is a link to it on another site. http://www.bluemouth.com.au/products/821[/QUOTE]

the part that goes over the screen doesnt seem like it will harm the screen?

and how much was it?

[quote name='orntar']After that video for the Hori, I have changed my mind. You can't have the games against the screen like that.

I guess I am back to the travel case.[/QUOTE]

I just opened my Hori, and a quick note... the games are held in a flap, which is actually supposed to sit ON TOP of the Vita screen. The flap has soft material on the back where it touches the screen.

So, basically you place the Vita on the bottom of the case, and that game-holding flap lays on top of the system, soft side protecting the screen.

Other than that, without a Vita to throw in it, I can't vouch for the case. It seems pretty large, so I hope there isn't a lot of play if you aren't using it in conjunction with another protector. Kinda smells, too. As long as the Vita is snug, I'd say it's a good 'toss it in a bag' case. This thing definitely isn't fitting in a pocket.

Oh, and I picked up the blue... the black is nice, but the red trim on it made it look goofier than the blue to me.

Damn that case from Target looks nice.. I've already gotten the PDP one from GameStop for free though and it seems good enough. Sure wish they had that one in stock though. Sick looking overall and would store the AC adapter.

[quote name='AndrewCP']Damn that case from Target looks nice.. I've already gotten the PDP one from GameStop for free though and it seems good enough. Sure wish they had that one in stock though. Sick looking overall and would store the AC adapter.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get it for free?

[quote name='orntar']the part that goes over the screen doesnt seem like it will harm the screen?

and how much was it?[/QUOTE]

I've not seen the Vita in person, but I don't see why the part that would cover the screen would harm it. Seems to be a microfiber-ish material that isn't likely to scratch on its own. To be fair, I will be getting a Hori screen protector anyways.

And it was $19.99.

[quote name='illmatic21']Both of those items seem pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I was actually looking for a good Vita case that would hold the power cords and games/accessories. So I might have to look into that one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AndrewCP']Damn that case from Target looks nice.. I've already gotten the PDP one from GameStop for free though and it seems good enough. Sure wish they had that one in stock though. Sick looking overall and would store the AC adapter.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it's big enough to store the AC adapter or not, though I'm sure it could hold the usb/transfer cable. I'll have to try next week when I get mine to see if it fits and can shut comfortably.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I ended up getting the uncharted case from zavvi for about $31 shipped. hopefully it comes within a week after I get my vita.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I ended up getting that Uncharted case from Zavvi also. It was just too damn awesome to resist. Thanks for pointing out that Zavvi website man!

[quote name='hlb96']How'd you get it for free?[/QUOTE]

My bad, I get GameStop gift cards for doing surveys on e-Rewards which was going to a game that was not in stock at GameStop. I used it on the case instead.

Which one did you get? The crystal case or pull n go?

I think I might go with the Pull n Go--dunno about the front bumpy texture, but I like the way it can house all my accessories, games and unit in the same place.

[quote name='pjb16']I've not seen the Vita in person, but I don't see why the part that would cover the screen would harm it. Seems to be a microfiber-ish material that isn't likely to scratch on its own. To be fair, I will be getting a Hori screen protector anyways.

And it was $19.99.[/QUOTE]

I went looking for this case at 2 of my Targets, and came up with zip. I'm going to go back on Wednesday, and pick it up after work. It looks like the perfect case for me!

[quote name='Pck21']I went looking for this case at 2 of my Targets, and came up with zip. I'm going to go back on Wednesday, and pick it up after work. It looks like the perfect case for me![/QUOTE]
I just was at a Target in Cottage Grove, MN and they had 1 of these cases as well so it does seem to not be a case that is regional or anything (I bought mine in Baton Rouge, LA).

Both stores did only have 1 case though, so they may get stocked in limited supplies. Target does seem to group all PSP/PSV(and maybe PS3) accessories together, so be sure you don't overlook it. Also, given the dearth of early Vita action at Target (they seem to only want to sell games starting Wed) some stores may just be late getting this stuff on the shelf.

[quote name='hlb96']Saw the case at 2 Targets. They had black/gray and black/blue. Also in Louisiana.[/QUOTE]
Another Louisianan, what part do you live in?

[quote name='pjb16']I just was at a Target in Cottage Grove, MN and they had 1 of these cases as well so it does seem to not be a case that is regional or anything (I bought mine in Baton Rouge, LA).

Both stores did only have 1 case though, so they may get stocked in limited supplies. Target does seem to group all PSP/PSV(and maybe PS3) accessories together, so be sure you don't overlook it. Also, given the dearth of early Vita action at Target (they seem to only want to sell games starting Wed) some stores may just be late getting this stuff on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the info! I'll try and get one as soon as I can. Like I said, that case seems to be right up my alley. I checked the PSP/PS3 accessory section (if you want to call it that lol) and it was a no go. I asked an associate at both stores if they had any Vita stuff in stock, and they nearly laughed at me haha. I can't wait till Wednesday!

bread's done
Back