Vita cases...

[quote name='silentevil']I had a Hori Hard case and Silicone cover preordered, canceled them now the cover is oos & two week wait for case. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

It wasn't due to you canceling if that makes you feel any better. I've had the Hori silicone cover pre-ordered for weeks now and it never came in stock. In fact I just had to approve Amazon to keep it on order through March.

[quote name='chriscolbert']It wasn't due to you canceling if that makes you feel any better. I've had the Hori silicone cover pre-ordered for weeks now and it never came in stock. In fact I just had to approve Amazon to keep it on order through March.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Someone said Walmart has the hard case and silicone cover in stores, so I'm going to swing by one near my house today to see if I can get the cover rather than waiting until whenever.

[quote name='pjb16']Same here. Someone said Walmart has the hard case and silicone cover in stores, so I'm going to swing by one near my house today to see if I can get the cover rather than waiting until whenever.[/QUOTE]

Hori cases at Walmart? I didn't see any yesterday when I was there, do good luck.

I bought the Sony Carry Case yesterday at Best Buy and am returning it today. Just don't like that thing. I'll probably just pick up the Travel Case instead. I just want to have something to put the Vita in when I'm not using it. I don't take gaming handhelds out of the house all that often. So, I don't need anything fancy.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Hori cases at Walmart? I didn't see any yesterday when I was there, do good luck.[/QUOTE]
Well I'm sure some stores have slightly different selection, but maybe it was sold out at your store due to only having one in stock of each origonally lol. :shrug:

[quote name='pjb16']Same here. Someone said Walmart has the hard case and silicone cover in stores, so I'm going to swing by one near my house today to see if I can get the cover rather than waiting until whenever.[/QUOTE] I looked online & they weren't listed. I'll have to go look later. The case (blue) is back in stock on Amazon, but I'm sureI want it if it only holds 2 games.

[quote name='silentevil']I looked online & they weren't listed. I'll have to go look later. The case (blue) is back in stock on Amazon, but I'm sureI want it if it only holds 2 games.[/QUOTE]

Based on my (limited) experience, neither target.com or walmart.com are the best representations of what video game items are available in stores. So often the website doesn't have things the store does.

Edit: And the ability to only hold two games ended up swaying me away from the hori case, especially after I found that game travelers case at Target (holds 16 games).

Got the Rocketfish Vita Vault. It's bigger than I expected, but it seems bullet proof. If anyone wants pictures, I'll snap a few this evening.

[quote name='orntar']picked up the Sony travel pouch this morning[/QUOTE]

I reordered the Travel Pouch after seeing good reviews here, but unfortunately it hasn't shipped yet . . . Amazon seems to be having trouble getting the accessories in. Did you get the Travel Pouch at Best Buy?

I also plan to get the Hori Face Cover:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-PS-Vita-...6YGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330107411&sr=8-1

and I'm hoping the whole Vita + Face Cover will fit in the Sony Travel Pouch. What do you think, does it seem like there's plenty of room for the Vita in the pouch? The Face Cover just makes the Vita a little thicker, doesn't extend length or width, so I think it should work.

I use the same case for my Vita as I do for my PSP. An ankle sock, I have dozens.

I use a screen protector designed for my droid phone, I think they were 3 for $1.

And I use a Wiimote strap so I dont drop the thing. It's all pretty ghetto, but it's cheap and gets the job done.

[quote name='Jmarine']If anyone is looking for a more "professional" looking case check out pdair.com. They have some nice leather cases, but they are pricey.[/QUOTE]
The case look nice but looks likes its soft and don't want to do the two straps it wraps around the Vita, could cause scratches. My cases and protector from play-asia has finally shipped . Also to those who wants a good protector around the system ZAGG just recently released a invisibleShield for it:http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php
Gonna post pics of it all once assembled, can't wait.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I reordered the Travel Pouch after seeing good reviews here, but unfortunately it hasn't shipped yet . . . Amazon seems to be having trouble getting the accessories in. Did you get the Travel Pouch at Best Buy?

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-PS-Vita-...6YGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330107411&sr=8-1

and I'm hoping the whole Vita + Face Cover will fit in the Sony Travel Pouch. What do you think, does it seem like there's plenty of room for the Vita in the pouch? The Face Cover just makes the Vita a little thicker, doesn't extend length or width, so I think it should work.[/QUOTE]

I really like it, its large, but not too large. Its also not rigid, but I think it still is quite good for protection.

I got it at walmart, for the sake of getting it quicker.

Its quite roomy. I'm sure the vita will fit with that face on. That also solves the concern of the zipper swiping across the face of the vita as you remove it.

Damn, my local walmart didn't have any Hori stuff, and only had a nerf cover (pdp) in stock. I'll have to keep my eye out elsewhere. Do Gamestops have the Hori accessories?

[quote name='pjb16']Damn, my local walmart didn't have any Hori stuff, and only had a nerf cover (pdp) in stock. I'll have to keep my eye out elsewhere. Do Gamestops have the Hori accessories?[/QUOTE]

My local GameStop did not have any Hori stuff.

[quote name='orntar']I really like it, its large, but not too large. Its also not rigid, but I think it still is quite good for protection.

I got it at walmart, for the sake of getting it quicker.

Its quite roomy. I'm sure the vita will fit with that face on. That also solves the concern of the zipper swiping across the face of the vita as you remove it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, picked up the Travel Pouch today and had $10 in RZ certs, so it was only $10.49. Now I have everything, except the Hori Face Cover, which I still plan to get. Haven't opened my Vita yet because I wanted to apply the screen protectors (which I got from Amazon) and have a case, which is covered now. Looking forward to getting it up and running!

Hopefully the Hori Face Cover will be in stock at Amazon soon; haven't seen it anywhere locally. It looks like a good way to protect the entire face of the system and prevent the joysticks from being damaged.

I did see Ninja Gaiden at Target today, but not at Best Buy. Weird how certain stores don't have certain games at all; you'd think they'd just stock the full release list.

[quote name='Metal Militia']My Uncharted Thrustmaster vita case shipped from Zavvi today. Now I just need to wait 5-10 days until it arrives.[/QUOTE]

When did you order? I'm waiting on them to ship the thrustmaster VIP case still.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I reordered the Travel Pouch after seeing good reviews here, but unfortunately it hasn't shipped yet . . . Amazon seems to be having trouble getting the accessories in. Did you get the Travel Pouch at Best Buy?

and I'm hoping the whole Vita + Face Cover will fit in the Sony Travel Pouch. What do you think, does it seem like there's plenty of room for the Vita in the pouch? The Face Cover just makes the Vita a little thicker, doesn't extend length or width, so I think it should work.[/QUOTE]

Just got my face cover today, I'm really impressed. The name is a bit deceiving, as it actually protects the entire Vita, leaving openings for the back touchpad, usb/power connector, headphone/mic, memory card, power button, and volume buttons. It also has an opening for the two keychain or w/e holes at the bottom. In the beginning i assumed it would protect the front only, but this is closer to what I actually wanted. I was worried it would be heavy playing the vita with this on, but its quite light. Only minor complaint is that the latch is a bit hard to operate, but that's a plus as well.

I'll probably also grab the Travel Pouch for when I go somewhere for longer times and need to stow all the games and accessories, or something of similar size but cheaper on Dealextreme.

Also ordered the Armorsuit protector from Amazon. They say it doesn't yellow like a Zagg, but I won't be getting it till tomorrow. http://www.armorsuit.com/sony-playstation-vita-full-body-727.html

Was debating between the Armorsuit and the Skinomi, but decided on the Armorsuit because it was a little cheaper and I could also get 2-day shipping from Amazon. Skinomi seem to protect every single inch of the system. http://www.skinomi.com/sk10526-sony-playstation-vita-3g-skin-protector.html

I pre-ordered the CTA Digital Travel EVA Case as I wanted something not too bulky and simple. I also pre-ordered the CTA Digital TPU Bumper with the extra pads.

As for screen protectors, I was either going to get the film from Phantom Skinz or Ghost Armor, but the coupon I found from Ghost Armor made it a bit cheaper. I already tried the Skinomi and IMO it's the worse wet application skin I have ever applied. I have done over a dozen installs from several different companies (Ghost Armor, Phantom Skins, Zagg, BSE, and Body Guardz) and this one was pretty horrible. I guess it's possible I got a bad one, but sent it back for a refund instead of chancing it again.

Also wanted to put my $.02 in about Silicone cases... I think they are junk. That may be a bit too harsh, but IMO TPU is much better. Some companies do a better job with silicone than others, but the bottom line is the material will stretch out over time and in most cases does not give a good fit.

I'm still confused on what case I want. I either want the Travel pouch, Pull n Go Folio, Rocket Fish Vault Case or maybe one of the Hori cases.

[quote name='JG5253']I'm still confused on what case I want. I either want the Travel pouch, Pull n Go Folio, Rocket Fish Vault Case or maybe one of the Hori cases.[/QUOTE]

I don't like the Sony Travel Pouch... I only have it right now until the ones I pre-ordered are available. The outer material feels cheap and the case it overall too bulky for me. I plan on returning it as soon as I get something else.

[quote name='iamthekiller']When did you order? I'm waiting on them to ship the thrustmaster VIP case still.[/QUOTE]

I ordered my case on February 20th

I have the Travel Pouch; it feels protective and it's not too large. Obviously, it won't fit in your pocket, but it does have four slots for games and a bit of other space.

One area of caution, though. It's advertised as having enough room to hold the charge cable, but it does so with a VERY tight fit. Since the charging cable has three components (USB cord, the adapter, and the wall plug), it doesn't fit comfortably in the pouch. Sure, you could keep the USB cord with you if you have a USB car charger or computer nearby, but the wall plug is pretty thick.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Are you in the us?
Amazon is shipping those on monday[/QUOTE]

I am. Woah, had no idea. It was amazon UK for the longest time. Will order from Amazon US with my prime. Thanks.

I was about to get the pull n go folio but was kind of iffy on spend $30. Another thing is that with my discount at Best Buy I could get the the Vault case or the Travel Pouch for $10

Ended up getting http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A4JTY/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

At Gamestop (which I'm still trying to rinse out the taste of, haven't bought ANYTHING from Gamestop in 4 years) and I have to say even though it was $30 the case is freaking nice as hell. The fact that you can pull out the folio case that is sturdy was the winning aspect of the case. Well built, zipper, holds a ton of games. Just hate the fact that I had to pay list price.

[quote name='Maynard']Ended up getting http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A4JTY/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

At Gamestop (which I'm still trying to rinse out the taste of, haven't bought ANYTHING from Gamestop in 4 years) and I have to say even though it was $30 the case is freaking nice as hell. The fact that you can pull out the folio case that is sturdy was the winning aspect of the case. Well built, zipper, holds a ton of games. Just hate the fact that I had to pay list price.[/QUOTE]

Thats the case I want too but I don't want to pay $30 for it. I will probably buy one at my store and use it until that one goes on sale to at least $20.

Also is anybody going use wrist strap with there Vita? I'm going to use it with mine since I feel like there are certain games that kind make you hold it with one hand.

Hori Face Cover is really awesome. I posted some pics up at Amazon. Theres a bunch more there as well.

I like having my Vita in a hardshell, so when I set it on tables,etc. I dont have to worry about scratches. The screen cover keeps dust building up on screen/buttons.

Just dont get it if you plan on taking it in/out constantly (like if you are going to use the trigger grips), cause there are little plastic hooks that grab onto the silver outlining on the Vita. You dont want to break those. Also, with constant in/out they will probably eventually leave scratches on the edge of your Vita cause this cover fits nice and snug. This is meant for suit of armor, not carrying case.

[quote name='JG5253']Thats the case I want too but I don't want to pay $30 for it. I will probably buy one at my store and use it until that one goes on sale to at least $20.

Also is anybody going use wrist strap with there Vita? I'm going to use it with mine since I feel like there are certain games that kind make you hold it with one hand.[/QUOTE]

I may be reading your post wrong, but why buy a $10 case at your store and wait for the linked one to go on sale for $20? You'd still be spending $30, so why not just bite the bullet and get the case you actually want, and get it over with?

Just wondering, is that PDP Hard Case the only true hard case out there at the moment? How is the protection on the Hori hard cases? A video I watched make it look like it was still soft rubber.

[quote name='pjb16']I may be reading your post wrong, but why buy a $10 case at your store and wait for the linked one to go on sale for $20? You'd still be spending $30, so why not just bite the bullet and get the case you actually want, and get it over with?[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. I still might just go get it today.

[quote name='JG5253']Thats the case I want too but I don't want to pay $30 for it. I will probably buy one at my store and use it until that one goes on sale to at least $20.

Also is anybody going use wrist strap with there Vita? I'm going to use it with mine since I feel like there are certain games that kind make you hold it with one hand.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed a black wrist strap from one of my mini wiimotes.

[quote name='iamthekiller']I am. Woah, had no idea. It was amazon UK for the longest time. Will order from Amazon US with my prime. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when I found out that the Uncharted thrustmaster case was now on US Amazon for $35, I tried to cancel my order from Zavvi while my order was still proccessing but they wouldn't let me.

At least it now shipped and I technically did get it for $4 cheaper than Amazon

Got this to put over the vita:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-armorshell/98466

So far, between the Hori screen protector and the armor shell I'm loving the protection. The armor shell is great too because it comes with a cover for the rear touch panel (so you can leave it on and not worry about hitting the touchpad on accident).

Only downside is that it's an extremely snug fit in the traveling case I have, so I may end up having to break off the very bottom piece of plastic that they included to be able to flip out for a stand.

Also, was likely going to get a cradle later on and I'm not sure how this will affect it sitting on the cradle (since it adds a little thickness).

[quote name='pjb16']Got this to put over the vita:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-armorshell/98466

So far, between the Hori screen protector and the armor shell I'm loving the protection. The armor shell is great too because it comes with a cover for the rear touch panel (so you can leave it on and not worry about hitting the touchpad on accident).

Only downside is that it's an extremely snug fit in the traveling case I have, so I may end up having to break off the very bottom piece of plastic that they included to be able to flip out for a stand.

[/QUOTE]

I have this exact setup. So far so good.

The game traveler case that a few of you have picked up at Target, i found a black polycarbonate design one at Walmart for $19.99 as well.

[quote name='JG5253']Also is anybody going use wrist strap with there Vita? I'm going to use it with mine since I feel like there are certain games that kind make you hold it with one hand.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way, especially while playing Escape Plan. I took the heavy-duty one that came with my PSP-1000 and attached it to the Vita. Works perfectly, but I'd definitely spring for a Vita-branded one.

EDIT: There's a licensed Vita wrist strap on EBay but the prices are a little nutty:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-VITA-Cle...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=6591469949558454584

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to see a FEB case today. I really want one of those. Since the owner wouldnt sell it I ordered a Thrustmaster SPF case instead.

My FEB case is unused and I would totally sell it, if someone was interested. I'd also trade for either the Uncharted case or the Pull-and-Go Folio.

PM me or get in touch via Twitter (@randy_wrecked) if you want to work something out. (EDIT: Sold it!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything simple and classy? Doesn't exactly have to be Nerf level protection, just something simple and not plastic really. Coulda sworn I saw a leather case somewhere. Not really for when I'm playing, more like when I put it away.

I picked up the Mad Catz Armor case tonight at Gamestop and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a much thicker plastic, like the PSP Playgear cases by Logitech; instead it's VERY thin plastic that's barely thicker than the packaging material. Of course it is packaged in such a way that you can't tell how thick it is... it's not HORRIBLE but not really what I was hoping for. (something more like the Playgear)

Anyone know if Gamestop takes returns? The guy at the store actually could not tell me if it was returnable, but actually said he THOUGHT because it was new I couldn't return it. :p

How does the Hori face cover case compare to the Mad Catz armor, if anyone's tried both?

bread's done
Back