Vita cases...

[quote name='pjb16']Another Louisianan, what part do you live in?[/QUOTE]

Close to Hammond.

At both Targets it was next to pdp crystal case, bottom left row with ps3 accessories. I will probably pick it up with my $20 gc from Target for preordering on Wednesday

[quote name='hlb96']Close to Hammond.
[/QUOTE]
Cool, I used to live in Ponchatoula before moving to Denham Springs.

Sorry for going OT in the thread, I don't meet many people who live near me.

[quote name='pjb16']Here's some pictures of the case I got from target today.

[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to have the dpci for that case from your receipt? I think I would enjoy that case, but I need to try to figure out which of the bajillion targets around me might have it. Thanks in advance if you're able.

[quote name='handsomepete']Do you happen to have the dpci for that case from your receipt? I think I would enjoy that case, but I need to try to figure out which of the bajillion targets around me might have it. Thanks in advance if you're able.[/QUOTE]
If I was home I'd be able to check the receipt, but I'm in MN right now. Sorry. I won't be able to check until Friday, unless I can convince the wife to check for me.

[quote name='JG5253']Which one did you get? The crystal case or pull n go?[/QUOTE]

It's the crystal case. Pretty nice and durable looking. I love that I can hold plenty of games which is really handy for an indecisive individual like me. This is mainly staying in my bag and when I walk around with it in my hand on campus. I'm not too bummed about not being able to store the power cords since I could just put those in my bag.

[quote name='pjb16']If I was home I'd be able to check the receipt, but I'm in MN right now. Sorry. I won't be able to check until Friday, unless I can convince the wife to check for me.[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat it, thanks - I'll go spelunking tomorrow. WEDNESDAY CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH.

[quote name='handsomepete']Don't sweat it, thanks - I'll go spelunking tomorrow. WEDNESDAY CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH.[/QUOTE]
No, Friday can't. :lol:

[quote name='pjb16']Here's some pictures of the case I got from target today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pics. I'll grab one of these. Looks pretty solid.

[quote name='handsomepete']Do you happen to have the dpci for that case from your receipt? I think I would enjoy that case, but I need to try to figure out which of the bajillion targets around me might have it. Thanks in advance if you're able.[/QUOTE]

To answer my own question, 207-00-0154

I wound up ordering the Travel Pouch from Amazon. Since the Vita will likely be in the case in my bag when I'm not playing it, I feel good about it's safety.

[quote name='jza1218']I wound up ordering the Travel Pouch from Amazon. Since the Vita will likely be in the case in my bag when I'm not playing it, I feel good about it's safety.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Sony Travel Pouch and I LOVE it. It's kind of large but not too large. It has a lot of space in it for accessories and games. The inside has really soft material and is textured on the side that the Vita goes in so I'm sure it will provide plenty of protection. It's a really nice case.

anyone think it would be a good idea or a bad idea to buy a screen protector and maybe some pantyhose or socks to put it in your pocket? carrying it without a case in your pocket is fine but a case just makes it too awkward. i kind of want to pick up cargo pants just to bring my vita everywhere.

I think a screen protector is a good idea.

You could get a small neoprene/nylon sleeve like the one in the starter kit. they have knock offs on ebay cheap.

[quote name='orntar']I think a screen protector is a good idea.

You could get a small neoprene/nylon sleeve like the one in the starter kit. they have knock offs on ebay cheap.[/QUOTE]

how much width does that add to the vita? i really just want to be able to fit it in my pocket. like i have to work in half hour and want to bring my vita with me but the case i have is so big. anyway i work next to a gamestop i'm gonna go checkout what they have before i start

You know what fuck screen protectors. I had one on perfectly but the simple act of touching the screen with longer than normal fingernails scratched it and i got a hair under it somehow. trimmed my fingernails and put another one on topless with too many bubbles. my phone only has one scratch that i don't notice and that is in my pocket 16 hours a day and has fallen between couch cushions etc.

[quote name='el swordo']You know what fuck screen protectors. I had one on perfectly but the simple act of touching the screen with longer than normal fingernails scratched it and i got a hair under it somehow. trimmed my fingernails and put another one on topless with too many bubbles. my phone only has one scratch that i don't notice and that is in my pocket 16 hours a day and has fallen between couch cushions etc.[/QUOTE]

That's the one annoying thing about them.

I was able to get mine on fine, except for one little bubble, but you can barely see it, so it's all good.

I could never, NEVER get it right with my PSP, always got a little dust when it was bubble free, or too many bubbles.

[quote name='jello44']That's the one annoying thing about them.

I was able to get mine on fine, except for one little bubble, but you can barely see it, so it's all good.

I could never, NEVER get it right with my PSP, always got a little dust when it was bubble free, or too many bubbles.[/QUOTE]

yeah i found my psp under my bed unprotected with a bunch of other crap the other day and i can't notice it with screen on. good thing i had credit at gamestop to burn. i might try again later. is there a way to wash them off for reuse?

[quote name='el swordo']yeah i found my psp under my bed unprotected with a bunch of other crap the other day and i can't notice it with screen on. good thing i had credit at gamestop to burn. i might try again later. is there a way to wash them off for reuse?[/QUOTE]

From the screen protectors or the screen itself?

On a screen without a protector, I use a microfiber cloth with an alcohol free spray, that works wonders for smudges and stuff. I can't see it being different with a protector.

cleaning off the protector for a second chance at reapplying. i may want to do it eventually but right now i'm just gonna use it without one. i already wipe it down with a microfiber cloth

Picked up the pdp crystal case but it feels to0 cheap

Not a problem since I won't be taking it anywhere but I think I may go for the thrustmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Having actually used it, the Hori hard case is a nice cheap solution if you want to toss your Vita into a backpack or something. It's way too big for a pocket, but I'd have zero qualms about tossing it into a bag with a bunch of other shit.

Where did you get your Hori case? I was actually very interested in that and I like the price but Amazon kept messing with the release date so I backed off

[quote name='jacknicklson']Where did you get your Hori case? I was actually very interested in that and I like the price but Amazon kept messing with the release date so I backed off[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's nationwide, but my WalMart had the hard case, screen protectors, and the rubbery case thingy.

They've actually been on the shelves for about a week now. I think I picked up my case last Friday.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Pretty sure that $6 madcatz case is for games not the system itself[/QUOTE]

I think your right, updated the OP

I bought a MadCatz ArmorShell from Gamestop ($12.99, exclusive to them?).

I'd recommend one. It's lightweight, not intrusive and has a removable back panel cover. *It just won't protect the thumbsticks if you're looking to carry it in a bag or something*

On another note... need a game case that fits more than 6/8 -.-

Only one I saw is part of a bundle and I'm not spending $25 for a game case.

well i bought armor shell and got gamestop to apply screen protector and now this thing is very pocketable now wish they would drop price of 32gb card

For those who ordered a thrustmaster case from Zavvi, what is the status of your order? I ordered the Uncharted case and my order says awaiting dispatch, but it estimated that it would dispatch yesterday? This is my first time using this website, so I don't know how good there shipping process is.

Just curious if anybody else's order have dispatched yet.

[quote name='Metal Militia']For those who ordered a thrustmaster case from Zavvi, what is the status of your order? I ordered the Uncharted case and my order says awaiting dispatch, but it estimated that it would dispatch yesterday? This is my first time using this website, so I don't know how good there shipping process is.

Just curious if anybody else's order have dispatched yet.[/QUOTE]

My first time ordering with them as well. I ordered the vip thrustmaster, still says yesterday as the expected date, but not yet shipped. They did email me today though saying they're still sourcing the case and plan to still ship.

If anyone is looking for a more "professional" looking case check out pdair.com. They have some nice leather cases, but they are pricey.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Leather cases are cheesy as shit and not worth the money.[/QUOTE]

that's very juvenile and rude.

stop trolling.

[quote name='orntar']that's very juvenile and rude.

stop trolling.[/QUOTE]

My opinion is as equal as yours. Go back to updating the original post.

[quote name='iamthekiller']My first time ordering with them as well. I ordered the vip thrustmaster, still says yesterday as the expected date, but not yet shipped. They did email me today though saying they're still sourcing the case and plan to still ship.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just got an email back from them and said that they are preparing shipping. Hopefully shipping doesn't take too long.

Wondering if I should import that Hori that looks a bit like the FEB? Wondering if there is any local site going to pick them up soon?

It will
The indent to open it is sensitive
That's why I'm getting the thrust master as it has an actual sliding lock on it

Plus the pdp case feels cheap

I had a Hori Hard case and Silicone cover preordered, canceled them now the cover is oos & two week wait for case. :whistle2:/

bread's done
Back