Vita cases...

[quote name='Justin42']I picked up the Mad Catz Armor case tonight at Gamestop and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a much thicker plastic, like the PSP Playgear cases by Logitech; instead it's VERY thin plastic that's barely thicker than the packaging material. Of course it is packaged in such a way that you can't tell how thick it is... it's not HORRIBLE but not really what I was hoping for. (something more like the Playgear)

Anyone know if Gamestop takes returns? The guy at the store actually could not tell me if it was returnable, but actually said he THOUGHT because it was new I couldn't return it. :p

How does the Hori face cover case compare to the Mad Catz armor, if anyone's tried both?[/QUOTE]

When I opened my madcatz armor case, there wasn't a seal on the package. Conceivably, if that was the same for you, you could put everything back in exactly as it was and say you found something you liked better elsewhere and they might take it back.

I personally wasn't looking for a thick case, so the madcatz case is just what I wanted. I want it for bumps and small drops, I don't expect a big or small case to really prevent damage if I drop it from high up.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Anybody know if a Playstation Vita with the MadCatz armorshell on it fit in most vita carrying cases?[/QUOTE]

I would think it fits in most, but like I said, it's extremely snug in mine because of the moving piece of plastic at the bottom of the armor shell.

[quote name='Flunkie']The Game Traveler case I got from Target smells like shit.[/QUOTE]

Many people have complained about the smell of the Hori cases and the FEB case. Luckily my case doesn't smell, but I wonder what causes the smell (since everyone says it goes away over time)?

[quote name='pjb16']Many people have complained about the smell of the Hori cases and the FEB case. Luckily my case doesn't smell, but I wonder what causes the smell (since everyone says it goes away over time)?[/QUOTE]
Can't comment on other cases but the FEB case i got with mine didn't have any particular smell to it.

actually bought the Nerf armor for the vita at Walmart for about $15. Not really a great case per se, but actually adds some needed heft to the unit and seems like its more comfortable to play with. I will report back after some time with it.

My FEB case smelled pretty strongly for the first day or 2 but the smell quickly dissipated. Its likely just residual chemicals.

So I picked up the Pull n Go case and its great since it really two cases in one. I could use the smaller one if I was going to go somewhere really quick and there big binder if I was going to go on a big trip.

[quote name='JG5253']So I picked up the Pull n Go case and its great since it really two cases in one. I could use the smaller one if I was going to go somewhere really quick and there big binder if I was going to go on a big trip.[/QUOTE]

I bought the pull and go as well not sure I want to keep it though. I'm not sure what it is but I just don't like it. The pull out part is thicker at the bottom for no reason and that drives me crazy for some reason. I think I might order the thrustmaster SPF that looks better even though it doesn't hold as much.

Love the pull n go for my 3ds
Great concept for a handheld case.
Putting the sticks in a non hard case had me nervous or I would've picked it up for the vita

I kind of like the neoprene sleeve that comes with the "Starter Kit", but don't want to spend $40 on a bunch of other stuff I don't want

[quote name='jacknicklson']Love the pull n go for my 3ds
Putting the sticks in a non hard case had me nervous or I would've picked it up for the vita[/QUOTE]
I have it and like it for the 3ds as well, but for some reason I just don't care for the vita one, even though it's basically the same.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Love the pull n go for my 3ds
Putting the sticks in a non hard case had me nervous or I would've picked it up for the vita[/QUOTE]

They have spacers for the sticks included in the case. It's great.

SSPX7303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Justin42']I picked up the Mad Catz Armor case tonight at Gamestop and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a much thicker plastic, like the PSP Playgear cases by Logitech; instead it's VERY thin plastic that's barely thicker than the packaging material. Of course it is packaged in such a way that you can't tell how thick it is... it's not HORRIBLE but not really what I was hoping for. (something more like the Playgear)

Anyone know if Gamestop takes returns? The guy at the store actually could not tell me if it was returnable, but actually said he THOUGHT because it was new I couldn't return it. :p

How does the Hori face cover case compare to the Mad Catz armor, if anyone's tried both?[/QUOTE]

You can't return a case to gamestop? Why the fuck does anybody still shop there? Just buy from amazon.

The official carrying case does suck in case anyone still wasn't convinced. It just isnt practical while playing. Don't get it.

I ordered that Hori Face Cover based on reviews so hopefully that thing is more functional. I really don't like the look but I guess you can't get both decent protection and looks at the moment. Pretty glad I ordered it yesterday since it's out of stock at Amazon for now.

I just wanted to let people know to keep an eye out at Gamestop by both the Vitas and by the used PSP accessories. I found an FEB case in pristine condition at one today for $10 that was listed under "used-generic vita case." I don't expect them to keep their current ridiculous values, but I doubt I'll find it for a better price.

I laughed when the cashier asked "Did you want to preorder any games for your Vita while you're here?" Oh no, I don't have a Vita. :D

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I just wanted to let people know to keep an eye out at Gamestop by both the Vitas and by the used PSP accessories. I found an FEB case in pristine condition at one today for $10 that was listed under "used-generic vita case." I don't expect them to keep their current ridiculous values, but I doubt I'll find it for a better price.

I laughed when the cashier asked "Did you want to preorder any games for your Vita while you're here?" Oh no, I don't have a Vita. :D[/QUOTE]
Damn, I highly doubt there's many of those floating around for $10 but good find.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Damn, I highly doubt there's many of those floating around for $10 but good find.[/QUOTE]
I was really surprised when I found it in the PSP section. You know GS couldn't have given them more than $4 for the case.

Ok, I'm pretty damn set on that Pull n go. There just doesn't seem to be anything better on the market.

Now if somebody please tell me where I can save a few bucks on one, that'd be great. So far Google isn't being super helpful.

I use the Madcatz armorshell and the Pull N Go case. I also tossed a skinomi screen protector on the front as I like the one I have on my phone even though I probably don't need it just overkill really.

The Pull N Go is really nice as I can put my AR cards in it and not have to worry about where they are, and the little pull out case that comes with it accounts for the sticks on the vita so I don't have to worry about them getting all messed up when I toss it into my pocket when I am out and about.

[quote name='Smashbro29']Ok, I'm pretty damn set on that Pull n go. There just doesn't seem to be anything better on the market.

Now if somebody please tell me where I can save a few bucks on one, that'd be great. So far Google isn't being super helpful.[/QUOTE]

Right now, there isn't anyplace. 29.99 is MSRP.

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']Right now, there isn't anyplace. 29.99 is MSRP.[/QUOTE]

But this is cheapassgamer! Where cheapasses make dreams come true!!

[quote name='Smashbro29']But this is cheapassgamer! Where cheapasses make dreams come true!![/QUOTE]

Not if it's just come out and being tightly controlled by the company it cant.

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']Not if it's just come out and being tightly controlled by the company it cant.[/QUOTE]

I know... I believe in CheapyD!

But seriously, I'm about to go out and get one of these at Gamestop.

[quote name='handsomepete']To answer my own question, 207-00-0154[/QUOTE]

[quote name='handsomepete']http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiats&dpci=207-00-0154[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. I picked up the Game Traveller case at my local Target. For some reason they did not have it out on the floor and had to go into the back (not the first time I had this problem). The lady that works the Electronic department was pretty sure she only had the two Sony cases and was surprised when she found this case in the back.

As for the case itself, I really like it. It's a little thicker than I would have liked, but being able to carry 16 game cards in a case this size is pretty nice and the stand feature is a pretty nice add-on.

[quote name='iamthekiller']You can't return a case to gamestop? Why the fuck does anybody still shop there? Just buy from amazon.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's not stocking the Mad Catz stuff yet, and my Vita was sitting around naked, so I was getting concerned. ;) That said I am starting to be ok with the armor shell's thinness, it's not going to help in any major damage causing incident, but just for the fact it has a back touchpad cover almost makes it entirely worth it to me, as now I can just leave the Vita on a table or desk without worrying if it'll get all scratched up. I still need to find an actual carrying case, can't say anything I've seen currently gets me too excited...

I also put on the Hori screen protector, the application went super smooth except for one rather large particle right next to the square button [like, about 1-2mm from the edge, but just far enough I can't squish it out) making a big bubble. I'm trying to figure out if I can sneak a needle in underneath to get it out. So close to a perfect application!! Bah!

Got the pull n go.

It's fantastic, the case for the system itself is solid yet portable and the bigger case can hold all your stuff!

Good buy all around.

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']they were 7.99 when I got them.[/QUOTE]

please post feedback when you get them. The feedback on amazon is pretty shady.

[quote name='Justin42']I'm trying to figure out if I can sneak a needle in underneath to get it out. So close to a perfect application!! Bah![/QUOTE]

Put a piece of tape on the protector near the edge next to the buttons. Try to pull the protector up just enough for you to get to the piece of dust. Then use another piece of tape to remove the dust (could be on the vita or on the protector). Put protector back on when done.

Was hoping to score that one case from Target but all the ones here are sold out. Pulled the trigger on the Pull n Go. Still bummed I had to spend $30 on it but at least I can now throw my Vita into my pocket or backpack without fear of it getting scratched up.

Got the Hori Face Cover today. Much more functional than the official sony carry case I was using. Anyone know if the Vita with a Hori Face Cover would still fit in a pull n go or some other case?

It[quote name='ShockandAww']Got the Hori Face Cover today. Much more functional than the official sony carry case I was using. Anyone know if the Vita with a Hori Face Cover would still fit in a pull n go or some other case?[/QUOTE]

It will fit in a Hori case, waiting on my face cover to see if it fits in the Sony travel pouch.

[quote name='pjb16']Not sure if I'll end up keeping this order through fullfillment, but I just ordered a silicone case too for the Vita (from Hori):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WJ70P6/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

I've had silicone cases for 2 of my last 3 phones, and really loved them. Not sure I'll need it for the PSV though, I'm still mulling it over.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you (or anyone here) can give a good review or better pics of that in action. I'm curious about it and tempted to get one... but I'm already getting the Thrustmaster SPF case and have a Hori screen protector on mine. If I could fit the Vita in the SPF case with that wrapped on it I think I'd be sold.

Ended up going with the PDP Crystal Case. I tend to carry these things in my messenger bag with my tablet, so I opt for hard cases over anything that'll fit in my pocket.

I dig being able to swap in art too. Threw together a quick Bonne family crest for mine to commemorate the many lunches I'll be spending getting good with Tron again in UMvC3.

6936699921_7a70ec40b2_b.jpg

[quote name='gameboy280']think i went overboard???

http://www.amazon.com/Sportlock-Alu...DW/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&qid=1330151170&sr=8-47[/QUOTE]

That's an awesome case.... but 14" long??? I like the look of it but if the size was cut down that'd be better, in my opinion. Even the 10" one would be more reasonable but still pretty darn big. The good thing about generic cases like that is that they can be used for anything else down the road. Are there any others like that but smaller and closer in size to the Vita?

Got the Ghost Armor installed today and it freaking rules. Really helps the grip and it's nice and substantial on the screen so I'm not concerned with scratches at all now. I'll take some pics tomorrow and put them up.

Caved in and bought the mad catz armor shell and the pull and go folio at lame stop. The case is cool because I can store some games on it for everyday rides and the folio for the long trips. Thanks to all my CAG brethren that recommended it.

[quote name='Maynard']Got the Ghost Armor installed today and it freaking rules. Really helps the grip and it's nice and substantial on the screen so I'm not concerned with scratches at all now. I'll take some pics tomorrow and put them up.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering but how much is it for the full body protection? Also did you install it yourself or did you pay the guy to do it for you and if so, how much extra was it?

I keep trying to call the closest kiosk at my mall but the guys there never pick up the phone.

bread's done
Back