Vita cases...

[quote name='pjb16']The RDS case is actually what I have, and I like it a lot.[/QUOTE]

Same here! There are two different style to the case as well. There's the version you can get at Target which looks like nylon and appears to come in two colors (Black/Dark Gray and Black/Blue).

case2n.jpg

The other version being the one you can get at Walmart and Toys R Us which I have not seen in person, but from the pics I have seen it appears to be a hard rubber like exterior and appears to come in three colors (Black, Dark Gray, and Blue)

ptru112392206dt.jpg

I currently have the Target version, but also have the Toys R Us version on order. I think I might like the hard rubber style over the nylon, but won't know for sure until I have both in my hands.

IMO the build quality is really nice and it seems like they put a lot of thought into the case based on the features they were able to implement.

Just from an aesthetic point of view, I think the rubber one (which I have) looks 100% better than the nylon. That's based on material and my personal dislike of multi-color cases. It's like the black Hori case... that red stripe just ruins the entire thing for me.

I can't speak for the nylon one, but I'd definitely recommend the rubber version. Like I said, it doesn't feel remarkably different from the Hori in terms of protection.

[quote name='007']Just from an aesthetic point of view, I think the rubber one (which I have) looks 100% better than the nylon. That's based on material and my personal dislike of multi-color cases. It's like the black Hori case... that red stripe just ruins the entire thing for me.

I can't speak for the nylon one, but I'd definitely recommend the rubber version. Like I said, it doesn't feel remarkably different from the Hori in terms of protection.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and the pattern on the nylon one is kind of bothering me. The blue "arches" or "half circles" are not even. I'm sure it's by design, but it bothers me for some reason. I also think the "rubber" one will probably keep it's shape better over time.

[quote name='bellenoire2005']Did anyone get their Thrustmaster VIP case from zavvi yet in the US? If so, how long did it take?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the US. Had it ordered with zavvi a month ago but cancelled when I saw amazon was going to sell it. Amazon never got it in stock so I reordered from zavvi just now for the Vip case. It says shipping within 24 hours on the zavvi product page, so we'll see.

Going to post a lot of pictures and impressions of some accessories you can get and hard cases. Don’t normally take pictures and basement is still getting worked on.

Hori Touchscreen Filter Best/Superb/Top quality (PSV-069) (http://translate.googleusercontent.c...wsJZ5IH_39WM5g):
P1030033.jpg

P1030036.jpg

P1030030.jpg

It does have good protection and no degrade in screen quality; you can see it does have a bluish tint to it. Even with it on it still has a lot of touch sensitivity to it.

ZAGG invisibleShield Maximum Coverage (http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/sony-playstation-vita-wifi-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php):

P1030060.jpg

P1030064.jpg

P1030056.jpg

P1030055.jpg

I’m not too at taking pictures with it on, hard to see the details. Yes the Hori screen protection is still on below it. It still has great touch sensitivity that I haven’t seen a loss. It covers a huge amount on the back but not the camera through. The top bottom top it only covers the game + accessory type ports. On the top bottom is covered a little bit around the usb port and the one for the memory slot. The sides are covered and also the L + R triggers are covered.

Hori Protection Frame - Clear Black (PSV-042):
P1030076.jpg

P1030077.jpg

P1030078.jpg

P1030079.jpg

P1030087.jpg

P1030090.jpg

P1030091.jpg

P1030093.jpg

P1030094.jpg

P1030096.jpg

P1030097.jpg

It does have a good thickness to it but not big and covers a lot. Because the way I put it on with the other protections that extra mm did make it very hard to get on and got some hairline cracks on it. If you decide to do what I did make sure to get the right side snapped in first. The bottom latch goes back to make it stand up at an angle. The last pictures are comparisons of my PSP Slim with very similar protection on it.

FEB Hard Case:
P1030105.jpg

P1030100.jpg

P1030103.jpg

So far out of the 3 I have I would consider the best due to the extra room to put accessories into which sadly the Hori ones don’t have that like the PSP Slim/DS Lite Hori Hard Cases. The hardness is as good as or better than the Hori Tough Pouch. Does not close as good as the others do to the protection I put on mine adds to the thickness of the system. This is my extra one I bought and both never had a bad smell to them. Quality wise I think the lining inside is softer than the others and the material is real good. If unable to get this one I would aim for the Hori Tough Pouch.

Hori Tough Pouch - Black (PSV-027):
P1030116.jpg

P1030117.jpg

P1030118.jpg

P1030120.jpg

P1030121.jpg

P1030122.jpg

P1030123.jpg

Between this one and the Hard Pouch I like it more. It does offer uniquely the carabiner to clip onto things had a belt loop on the back the other 2 cases don’t do that. The top and bottom has a good hardness and was able to close easily with the system inside.

Hori Hard Pouch - Black (PSV-022)
P1030107.jpg

P1030108.jpg

P1030109.jpg

P1030111.jpg

P1030113.jpg

This one reminded very much of the one for the PSP Slim case and was hoping it would be the same. The top and bottom are hard on the edges but with no system in you can press down in the middle and will go in which is different. Can close easily with the system inside, does hold one more game slot than the Tough Pouch.

Here are some comparison pictures of all the cases with the PSP Slim/DS Lite also.
P1030125.jpg

P1030129.jpg

P1030126.jpg

The one thing I did notice after getting the Hori cases from play-asia man did they have a real bad factory smell, got them airing. Hope it helps out. Don’t have good reviews on the use since I haven’t used them much yet.

[quote name='iamthekiller']I'm in the US. Had it ordered with zavvi a month ago but cancelled when I saw amazon was going to sell it. Amazon never got it in stock so I reordered from zavvi just now for the Vip case. It says shipping within 24 hours on the zavvi product page, so we'll see.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine yesterday, and it was sent out today, but just wondering how long it would take to get to the states. The site says 2-3 business days, but I think that's UK only. Just checking to see if I should get a cheap placeholder case for now, or just wait the few days for it.

[quote name='bellenoire2005']I ordered mine yesterday, and it was sent out today, but just wondering how long it would take to get to the states. The site says 2-3 business days, but I think that's UK only. Just checking to see if I should get a cheap placeholder case for now, or just wait the few days for it.[/QUOTE]

The shipping confirmation email tells you this information. 5-10 days.

I just ordered a couple Hori screen protectors from Bestbuy.com. Who knows when they'll get to me but I'll have 2 tries to get this thing right. My first try with the protector that came with my accessory set didn't work out so well so what are some suggestions?

I have both versions of the RDS Game Traveler case and wanted to point out some differences. In case you haven't been keeping score there is the nylonish Blue/Black or Gray/Black version from Target and then the hard rubberish (blue, black, or gray) outer shell version from Walmart or Toys R Us.

Other than the exterior, the two biggest differences between the two cases are that the "Nylon" one from Target is thicker and has an accessory pouch on the interior of the top lid which the "hard rubber" case from Walmart/Toys R Us does not have.

toysrus2.jpg

The all black case (pictured below) from Walmart is thiner and lighter than the "nylon" case from Target.

toysrus3.jpg

Here's a pic of the accessory pouch from the Target case.

case4n.jpg

Here's a pic of the interior area of the Walmart case and you can see there is no pouch.

toysrus4.jpg

IMO, both are great cases for $20 and you can't go wrong with either one. I'm going to go with the Walmart version myself as I prefer the look and don't need the pouch as I usually carry all my gear cables together when travelling.

I picked up the one from Walmart, not bad. At first I hated the game card holder in the middle, but the bottom is very soft and actually makes me feel better protection-wise.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I just ordered a couple Hori screen protectors from Bestbuy.com. Who knows when they'll get to me but I'll have 2 tries to get this thing right. My first try with the protector that came with my accessory set didn't work out so well so what are some suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Where did you find these on BB.com? I haven't been able to locate them; Amazon seems to be indefinitely OOS, also.

Hmm... after owning the PDP hardcase for a while, I think I'm going to stop using it. It feels like the fit is TOO snug, which causes more pressure downward on the thumbsticks than I would like. Closing the case without the vita in it gives a satisfying lock click. Closing the case with the vita in it doesn't really give a click, so I'm a bit concerned for my thumbsticks. Looking at the "groove" in the lid where the thumbsticks are shows sign of pressure there, so the sticks are definitely getting pressed by the lid.

I bought a Pull and Go instead. Liking it so far.

I picked up the Rocketfish Vault Case for PlayStation Vita from Bestbuy.com. It's bigger and heavier than I would have preferred, but it's really rugged and durable. It's made of plastic and has a rubber ring around the top half of the case. In order to open the case you have to slide the latch to the right. This is a plus in my book as it's unlikely it will open accidentally. The Vita fits snug inside and does no move around when the cover is closed. It's durable enough for me to toss in my backpack and not have to worry about the case or system getting damaged.

[quote name='XClaude']Hmm... after owning the PDP hardcase for a while, I think I'm going to stop using it. It feels like the fit is TOO snug, which causes more pressure downward on the thumbsticks than I would like. Closing the case without the vita in it gives a satisfying lock click. Closing the case with the vita in it doesn't really give a click, so I'm a bit concerned for my thumbsticks. Looking at the "groove" in the lid where the thumbsticks are shows sign of pressure there, so the sticks are definitely getting pressed by the lid.

I bought a Pull and Go instead. Liking it so far.[/QUOTE]

Im gonna check mine when I get home as the case was starting to grow on me but this could be a problem definitely

[quote name='XClaude']Hmm... after owning the PDP hardcase for a while, I think I'm going to stop using it. It feels like the fit is TOO snug, which causes more pressure downward on the thumbsticks than I would like. Closing the case without the vita in it gives a satisfying lock click. Closing the case with the vita in it doesn't really give a click, so I'm a bit concerned for my thumbsticks. Looking at the "groove" in the lid where the thumbsticks are shows sign of pressure there, so the sticks are definitely getting pressed by the lid.

I bought a Pull and Go instead. Liking it so far.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened with me. I noticed and day 1, but the case is still salvageable. Remove the upper rubber case from the inside. Using a pair of small scissors, such as sewing scissors, pierce a hole where the thin sticks touch. Cut out the circle where both thumbsticks go.

After that, the case will fit perfectly. You can cover it up with the artwork that came with the case. Now the case will give u a satisfying click and u will feel like a champ.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Same thing happened with me. I noticed and day 1, but the case is still salvageable. Remove the upper rubber case from the inside. Using a pair of small scissors, such as sewing scissors, pierce a hole where the thin sticks touch. Cut out the circle where both thumbsticks go.

After that, the case will fit perfectly. You can cover it up with the artwork that came with the case. Now the case will give u a satisfying click and u will feel like a champ.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's not a bad idea at all! I think I'm gonna do just this. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks kemical scrapped my VIP case order from amazon and am getting the Rocketfish Vault Case for PlayStation Vita instead. Mostly cause I think the amazon one will never ship

Here's a picture after I went and cut out the holes for the thumbsticks. Now I feel so much more comfortable using the case.

dNI7l.jpg

[quote name='z3razerviper']Thanks kemical scrapped my VIP case order from amazon and am getting the Rocketfish Vault Case for PlayStation Vita instead. Mostly cause I think the amazon one will never ship[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat. I have had the VIP case on pre-order with amazon since it was listed and there is no sign of when it will come in stock. The VIP case looks less bulky but I was tired of waiting.

[quote name='kemical']I was in the same boat. I have had the VIP case on pre-order with amazon since it was listed and there is no sign of when it will come in stock. The VIP case looks less bulky but I was tired of waiting.[/QUOTE]

I have the rocket fish case and I don't really like the clasp, I don't feel it will last and it's a little hard to open. I wish the thurtsmasters would come into stock. Amazon uk has them in stock but they won't ship to the US.

Not caring much for the vault case either. It's extremely durable but the seal is eh and I agree that the clasp is not built to last. A shame as its pretty solid otherwise

I don't notice any pressure marks on my pdp case
Maybe they aren't all made equal but you guys have officially made me weary of it lol

Has anyone used any of the aluminum cases? They look pretty cool but I have no idea how protective they'd be. CTA makes one: http://www.amazon.com/Digital-PS-Vita-Metallic-Faceplate-Sony/dp/B0073ESYYA

I searched around and CTA only makes it in gold or pink, so are these ones knockoffs? DealFever and ebay have it in other colors: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me=A264KCLDOV35B8&field-keywords=vita&x=0&y=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-VITA-MET..._Accessories&hash=item4ab4b4bef7#ht_627wt_936

If anyone has advice if I should get this or not, let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my Thrustmaster SPF case from Amazon. I'm really impressed with how solid it is and how snug it fits inside. It's also not as immense and bulky as I thought. It's just solid and well built enough to protect my $250 console and 6 games.

[quote name='i MarK i']Has anyone used any of the aluminum cases? They look pretty cool but I have no idea how protective they'd be. CTA makes one: http://www.amazon.com/Digital-PS-Vita-Metallic-Faceplate-Sony/dp/B0073ESYYA

I searched around and CTA only makes it in gold or pink, so are these ones knockoffs? DealFever and ebay have it in other colors: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me=A264KCLDOV35B8&field-keywords=vita&x=0&y=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-VITA-MET..._Accessories&hash=item4ab4b4bef7#ht_627wt_936

If anyone has advice if I should get this or not, let me know![/QUOTE]

I have one in blue that I bought from ebay. It's a pretty tight fit to get the two halves snapped together. This may be due the fact that I have a screen protector on top and a bestskinsever protector on the rear touchpad. The black plastic portion has a glossy finish which will highlight fingerprints and scratches. I think a light texture would have been better. It has openings for the mic, memory card and headset jack on the bottom and on the top there are cutouts for the power and volume buttons as well as the game card slot and expansion slot. The only problem I see is that the added thickness of the case makes it pretty hard to press the playstation, select, start, power and volume up and down buttons. You almost need to use your finger nail instead of the pad of your finger.

FYI monoprice has these cases in several colors. Would be about $10 shipped for me. I think I paid around $8 for the one I bought from ebay.

edit:
To answer your specific questions, the case pretty much protects the vita from minor bumps and scrapes. The rear touchpad is elevated so that's protected from getting scratched. Don't think this will offer much protection in a drop though. It's just a hard plastic shell with no cushioning.

As for CTA vs knockoffs, this is pretty much a generic case. There's probably one factory in China making these and everyone is selling the same case.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']I just received my Thrustmaster SPF case from Amazon. I'm really impressed with how solid it is and how snug it fits inside. It's also not as immense and bulky as I thought. It's just solid and well built enough to protect my $250 console and 6 games.[/QUOTE]

Do you have pictures?

[quote name='bellenoire2005']Do you have pictures?[/QUOTE]
There you go. Sorry for the quality but I took them with my iPhone.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

[quote name='ps2rich']I have one in blue that I bought from ebay. It's a pretty tight fit to get the two halves snapped together. This may be due the fact that I have a screen protector on top and a bestskinsever protector on the rear touchpad. The black plastic portion has a glossy finish which will highlight fingerprints and scratches. I think a light texture would have been better. It has openings for the mic, memory card and headset jack on the bottom and on the top there are cutouts for the power and volume buttons as well as the game card slot and expansion slot. The only problem I see is that the added thickness of the case makes it pretty hard to press the playstation, select, start, power and volume up and down buttons. You almost need to use your finger nail instead of the pad of your finger.

FYI monoprice has these cases in several colors. Would be about $10 shipped for me. I think I paid around $8 for the one I bought from ebay.

edit:
To answer your specific questions, the case pretty much protects the vita from minor bumps and scrapes. The rear touchpad is elevated so that's protected from getting scratched. Don't think this will offer much protection in a drop though. It's just a hard plastic shell with no cushioning.

As for CTA vs knockoffs, this is pretty much a generic case. There's probably one factory in China making these and everyone is selling the same case.[/QUOTE]

Oh, is it problematic enough for you to not recommend it at all? The silver one looks so clean! :drool: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1083004&p_id=9215&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

Thanks for the detailed response! If anything I'll end up getting the Madcatz armor shell. BUT THE SILVER ONE LOOKS SO CLEAN LOL

[quote name='i MarK i']Has anyone used any of the aluminum cases? They look pretty cool but I have no idea how protective they'd be. CTA makes one: http://www.amazon.com/Digital-PS-Vita-Metallic-Faceplate-Sony/dp/B0073ESYYA

If anyone has advice if I should get this or not, let me know![/QUOTE]

I really wish we would see these types of cases, but instead of using aluminum or clear plastic that they use a more rubberized shell.

[quote name='jedolley']I really wish we would see these types of cases, but instead of using aluminum or clear plastic that they use a more rubberized shell.[/QUOTE]

Check out my link to the monoprice protector a few posts above.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']There you go. Sorry for the quality but I took them with my iPhone.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Looks nice, do you feel it is worth the asking price though? Saw the Uncharted one for $34.99 on Amazon and am thinking of getting it but am indecisive right now. The case I really wanted to get was a soft pouch (like from the older psp's) and saw it @ gamestop in a bundle for $39.99 but don't need any of the other stuff and can't find it being sold alone.

bread's done
Back