Wal-Mart $10 Clearance Bin YMMV

Qbe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Apologies if this has been covered already.

I made my yearly visit to Wal-Mart today. Back in the main aisle behind electronics I found a bin full of video games (PS2, Xbox, GC, GBA) with a sign indicating that all games were $10 each. I looked through and found a bunch of GH/PH/GC games, nothing too exciting but a good deal if you're looking for some. A few random titles I can remember: Ghost Recon 2, THUG, Gun, some Ratchet & Clank games, a bunch of sports games.

Then I spotted Okami. Okami? That's a pretty new game. The marked price was $39.9X, so I doubted that it was clearance. I tracked down a scanner, though, and sure enough: $10. I grabbed that puppy.

Don't know if every store (or any other store) will have this deal, but it could be worth a look.

[quote name='Qbe']This particular magical Wal-Mart is the 28th St. store in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I think it's a fairly small store as Wal-Marts go.[/quote]

This man speaketh the truth. I juest went to the Wal-Mart on 28th St. and low and behold, they had 2 copies left of Okami in the $10 bin. YOU JUST MADE MY DAY TC!!!!! Thanks a ton!!

I tried 3 walmarts in NJ (Piscataway, North Brunswick and Watchung)...absolutely no $10 bin of any sort. I had Okami scanned and it came up as $40 (._.' )

Well I just got back from Wal-mart. Unfortunetly, my parents decided to tag along. Then, of course, they turned the whole ordeal into a Christmas shopping trip. There was a bargain bin, but I only got about five minutes to look through it because they were getting mad at me for "shopping for myself when we're supposed to be Chirstmas shopping." So no Okami for me :cry:

Hmmm i called my local walmart and they said they didnt have a bin, i hope they were lying, thanks for the heads up anyways OP

A couple weeks ago, I was at my local Wally World, and they had a copy of The King of Fighters: Dreammatch 1999 for the DC, factory sealed for $5.

I picked it up immediately just incase it is worth something.

The only downer is that Wal Mart treated it bad, and there are some stress fractures on the front of the case.

I might make a trip to the Walmart in Warren, MI. Last I remembered, there was a $10 bin there. The one in Sterling Heights, MI doesn't have one though. Stupid demographics.

deal of the century at Walmart I remmber picking up Ikaruga a while back 8.99 for GC brand new in the bin! Of course I sold that copy!

Nothing at the Halls Walmart in Knoxville, TN (small one!). Cheaper games area is set up pretty poorly though, hard to see any games beyond the first unless you want to spend the time digging. Makes me almost wish they tossed em in a bin.

I was just at a Walmart yesterday in Livonia, and didn't notice any clearance bins.

I did get THP8 though. :D

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Picked up Radiata Stories, Xenosaga II and Grandia III from a Long Island Walmart for $10 each not too long ago.[/quote]

which location? I went to Port Jeff/Setauket today and didn't find a thing

[quote name='AlphakirA']which location? I went to Port Jeff/Setauket today and didn't find a thing[/quote]

That is the exact location!! I got these deals over 2 months ago, so its probably well picked over. I passed on some games I probably shouldn't have such as Shadow of the Colossus.

[quote name='myjester2112']No $10 bin for me. But there was a crap of load of...crappy 20 dollar games haha.[/quote]

Hey, same here.

[quote name='SDC']I'm more interested in it because I'm too wimpy to play it. I figure it can't be scary on a handheld...(though, the $10 price point is nice because if I am still too much of a puss I won't be out that much cash).[/QUOTE]

The DS version really stinks. It's the first RE in ages without a difficulty setting, and is basically unfinishible IMO. Besides that, it looks really washed out and blocky compared to the Playstation version, although I was running it on an original DS, so maybe it looks better on a Lite.

At any rate, I rented it and never finished. Not worth $10 IMO (and I 'm a big fan of the series).

I checked the Richmond, VA Walfart at Brook and Parham, and no go.

If anyone with a decent trader rating can score me an Okami for a tenner, plus 1st class postage, I can PayPal. Also interested in P.N. 03.

Sterling Heights and Warren Michigan locations were a no go for the $10 bin. Maybe I'll have a couple extra minutes on my trip tomorrow to do Roseville.

[quote name='Puppy']The DS version really stinks. It's the first RE in ages without a difficulty setting, and is basically unfinishible IMO. [/quote]Unfinishable? How do you mean?

It's an easy enough game to open all the weapon unlockables, not to mention just to beat the game. ??

Back on track... the concensus is that only non-super WalMarts do this sort of clearance.

I've been trying to think of any non-super Wally around here, and the only one I can think of which hasn't been closed down for a Super Wally is out in Rockmart. I'll see if I can get out there this week just to see if they have anything.

man the closest walmart to me doesnt even have a clearance bin. its in a pretty ritzy nieghborhood though. there is another one about 10 minutes away though that might have a clearance bin. ill prolly go check it out tomorrow before i go to work.

[quote name='guinaevere']Unfinishable? How do you mean?

It's an easy enough game to open all the weapon unlockables, not to mention just to beat the game. ??

Back on track... the concensus is that only non-super WalMarts do this sort of clearance.

I've been trying to think of any non-super Wally around here, and the only one I can think of which hasn't been closed down for a Super Wally is out in Rockmart. I'll see if I can get out there this week just to see if they have anything.[/quote]

I just recently beat this game, it is exactly like the original except with the knife parts. It is an excellent game and I recomend it to any RE fan.

[quote name='guinaevere']Unfinishable? How do you mean?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I gave up about 2/3 of the way through. WAAAAAAY too hard. I only like the Resident Evil games on their easy difficulty setting though, and this doesn't have one. IMO the balance is screwy and no fun on the default setting (I'm not even sure the default setting IS the default setting in Japan...seems like they make some of them harder over here?)

i stopped by mine and no Okami... some decent sales - New Super Mario for DS was 24 and I almost picked up Shrek Super Slam at $10 since I want a Super Smash Bros type game for the PS2 - may go back and get it eventually

wow- i live in lansing mi- id make a trip for okami for 10.00. Damn i bet its gone now... but i have to check..

im a drivers ed teacher, so saturday ill just have the 3 students drive me up to GR :). Then i wont waste my own gas.

I hit up 2 Walmarts near me (Fuquay Varina and Clayton) and no $10 EBA.....mainly crappy $20 games.

Will pay $10 plus first class shipping for anyone who gets me a $10 EBA.....

plus maybe a free gift or something....I dunno....

I checked 3 Wal-Mart's in the NW burbs of Chicago & only 1 had the display. Nothing too interesting by the time I got there. Bunch of Madden 2005 (Ps2 & Xbox), King Kong (PS2), Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal, SSX 3 (PS2), P.N. 03 (GC), Geist (GC), & Fire Emblem - Path of Radiance (GC). Thats about all I can remember.

Just checked the one in Merrick, Long Island. Nothing for $10 there.

If theres anyone nice enough to grab me a $10 EBA, Ill happily pay for it and shipping. Plus I would really appreciate it :lol: and look for anything around here that you'd need.

$10 for EBA is a huge steal

I just went to the Moreno Valley Walmart and nothing dammit.

Unfortunately I won't be back in my hometown for quite a while

I've been by my local walmart a coulple of times and they never have anything but the 19.95 bins. I have seen great deals though in their clearance section like 50 bucks for the vision pack for the 360 and 15 dollars controllers on the cube and 360. I have another regular Walmart that isn't too far away, I may try that one.

[quote name='briansraregames']Found one...Kendallville, IN[/quote]

Found one what? I may have my girlfriend pick me up something when she goes home tm.

I found a few freakishly cheap games at my Wal-mart today:

Yoshi's Island GBA $9.87
Super Mario Advance $9.87
Yoshi's Island 2 DS $22.xx

Grabbed 'em all using some left over store credit :)

[quote name='AfroPig']Found one what? I may have my girlfriend pick me up something when she goes home tm.[/quote]

They had a huge selection of $7 and $10 games when I was there yesterday, lots of PSP stuff lots of Gamecube stuff, some DS. I can't remember what the exact titles were, but IMO it's worth a trip.

Roseville, MI was a complete waste of time. All of their $20 and less was locked up because they figure someone will steal it.

bread's done
Back