Wal-Mart: Lego Rock Band (PS3) $1

Wolfkin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
looks like we might be gearing up for another one of those.. maybe maybe not.

But I was just at the Vaughn Wal-Mart looking for Band Hero and picked up a few copies of Lego Rock Band. I know a few guys who will want a copy but I left about 5-6 there as well.

Also picked up three of those $2/2GB flash drives and left like 30+.

[IMG-C=7355]21451[/IMG-C]

Lego Rock Band (PS3) for a buck is actually a leftover from when Wal-mart was clearing out their old games for a $1 each, earlier this year.

Someone at Wal-mart must have found some old stock in the back. It's a still a good find though.

[quote name='Wolfkin']looks like we might be gearing up for another one of those.. maybe maybe not.

But I was just at the Vaughn Wal-Mart looking for Band Hero and picked up a few copies of Lego Rock Band. I know a few guys who will want a copy but I left about 5-6 there as well.

Also picked up three of those $2/2GB flash drives and left like 30+.

[IMG-C=7355]21451[/IMG-C][/QUOTE]

Mind if I ask which Vaughan location you are referring to? I assume the Hwy 7/400, but I think the newer Hwy 27 location is considered Vaughan also.

Hmmm, nice find, but not really interested in either though. I have more 2gb flash drives than I care for, and LEGO Rock Band isn't really my thing, unless it has online multiplayer support. Then it might be good for a game or two with friends. Anyone know offhand?

ahh interesting. Well to be more specific Hwy7/400. I guess this is more of a stock alert than breaking deal.

I'm still not sure how Lego RockBand is different from regular RockBand aside from, I guess, Legos in the background and Rated E music. Wasn't interested myself but for $1 it's not even a risk.

Do you have any reason to expect it to lack online multiplayer?

You can't import non-E rated tracks into Lego, but you can export all the Lego tracks out of Lego for about $5.

So $6 total for a ton of extra tracks is a great deal.

[quote name='Wolfkin']

Do you have any reason to expect it to lack online multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

There is no online multiplayer for Lego Rock Band. The export fee is $10.

well you can't learn if you don't ask thanks eoyote. $11 for buncha new tracks... not terrible. still need to get a proper RockBand game (2 I think is the ideal) but I'll keep that in the back of my head. I don't suppose there's an export code in the case like with GreenDay and AC/DC Live.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well you can't learn if you don't ask thanks eoyote. $11 for buncha new tracks... not terrible. still need to get a proper RockBand game (2 I think is the ideal) but I'll keep that in the back of my head. I don't suppose there's an export code in the case like with GreenDay and AC/DC Live.[/QUOTE]

You need the code from the manual to export, but you still have to pay the fee to use it. And Rock Band 3 is definitely the best main title to use, as all DLC from 3 forward isn't backward compatible. It also has the best overall feature set and functionality. For example, if you import the Green Day Rock Band songs, RB3 will support the multi-part vocal harmonies, where RB2 will not.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well you can't learn if you don't ask thanks eoyote. $11 for buncha new tracks... not terrible. still need to get a proper RockBand game (2 I think is the ideal) but I'll keep that in the back of my head. I don't suppose there's an export code in the case like with GreenDay and AC/DC Live.[/QUOTE]

There's an export code on the back of every Rock Band game, the difference is you don't have to pay to export track packs (AC/DC, Metal, Classic Rock, Country, Vol.2), but you do for main games (Lego, Greenday, RB1, RB2).

I agree with Derfel, RB3 blows away RB2 in every department. The UI is just so much better. They pretty much perfected every single thing I didn't like about RB2 and added a bunch of cool features, like jumping in and out of songs (like in newer GH games). Sure it's more expensive, but it's worth it imo.

I personally exported every RB game except Greenday into RB3 and I'm glad I did. Not having to swap discs rocks. Oh and songs in the RB Store are 2 bucks each, so if you like at least 6 songs in RB Lego, it's worth exporting it already.

[quote name='matsam']There's an export code on the back of every Rock Band game, the difference is you don't have to pay to export track packs (AC/DC, Metal, Classic Rock, Country, Vol.2), but you do for main games (Lego, Greenday, RB1, RB2).

I agree with Derfel, RB3 blows away RB2 in every department. The UI is just so much better. They pretty much perfected every single thing I didn't like about RB2 and added a bunch of cool features, like jumping in and out of songs (like in newer GH games). Sure it's more expensive, but it's worth it imo.

I personally exported every RB game except Greenday into RB3 and I'm glad I did. Not having to swap discs rocks. Oh and songs in the RB Store are 2 bucks each, so if you like at least 6 songs in RB Lego, it's worth exporting it already.[/QUOTE]

wait .. so i got the Pre-Order Code For Exporting Songs from RB:GreenDay but i still have to pay money to do so ? what's the sense of that if all games come with the export code ? so in other words the Pre-order code is useless right ? cause A code should be in the back of the Manual ?

EDIT: ok so i saw on Wiki that it doesn't cost $$$ if you have the Plus Version OR Pre-Order Code At Select Retail. My NEW QUESTION NOW IS..... If i use this code and say my PS3 happens to get YLOD ... and i get it fixed .. asm i still about to have the songs ported back or is it a one time use ?

Last edited by a moderator:
i figure they should be tied to your account based on what I've seen. so you just have to redownload.

I'll think about it maybe I'll have to see if I can find Rock Band 2 at the library see if the 3 features are worth it for me.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']EDIT: ok so i saw on Wiki that it doesn't cost $$$ if you have the Plus Version OR Pre-Order Code At Select Retail. My NEW QUESTION NOW IS..... If i use this code and say my PS3 happens to get YLOD ... and i get it fixed .. asm i still about to have the songs ported back or is it a one time use ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should have mentioned that. If you got he Plus version of Greenday, you don't need to pay the $10 export fee. For all the other games though, including the non-Plus version of RB:GD, the code on the back of the manual is a one-time use, meaning if you buy the game used and somebody already used it, it won't work. If you do get it to work, though, it'll bring up a PSN download and you'll be able to re-download as many times as you want from the PSN store. So no worries if your PS3 gets a YLoD, unless your PSN ID is already tied to 5 different consoles...

[quote name='matsam']Yeah, I should have mentioned that. If you got he Plus version of Greenday, you don't need to pay the $10 export fee. For all the other games though, including the non-Plus version of RB:GD, the code on the back of the manual is a one-time use, meaning if you buy the game used and somebody already used it, it won't work. If you do get it to work, though, it'll bring up a PSN download and you'll be able to re-download as many times as you want from the PSN store. So no worries if your PS3 gets a YLoD, unless your PSN ID is already tied to 5 different consoles...[/QUOTE]

and that's including the pre-order bonus ( as many times as you want ) ?

[quote name='JamesSoprano']and that's including the pre-order bonus ( as many times as you want ) ?[/QUOTE]

The pre-order bonus is just a voucher, so once used it is tied to your account. Once you input it, just go under the View Downloads icon (looks like an arrow pointing to a pile of... paper?) on the top right corner of the PSN store and browse for it. In fact, anything you've ever downloaded is there including demos, track packs, themes, icons, and other DLC.
It should work as many times as you want, and on multiple PS3's with your account. I have more than one and my games are on almost each system. I purchase/redeem codes on one and then use the icon mentioned above to put it on any other PS3's. Makes it way easier. Be aware: there is a 5 system limit, and you can't run a single-purchased copy of a game on multiple PS3's at once.

bread's done
Back