Wal-Mart Tradein 50% Bonus toward Madden 15

tdn327

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
50% Bonus on game to apply for Madden 15 / Destiny.

Offer start Aug. 31 to Sept. 6

http://weeklyads.walmart.com/hosted_services/walmart

NOW REQUIRES MINIMUM 2 GAMES TO QUALIFY 50% Bonus

Pre-Order Destiny

Get the Destiny Reserve Card (PS3/PS4) and ask the CS to enter the first 11 digit from the barcode.

Max 2 per same title per transaction per format. Ex. 2 x Watch Dog PS4 2 x Watch Dog PS3 is valid

If your gift card does not have a bar code use the last 16 digit to use at register.

Disclaimer: Wal-Mart Tradein is sometimes time consuming and possible fail due to untrain CS

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you can't do it online. They won't give you the option to pay with a gift card. I have been to Wal-Mart and Sam's club and in both stores the cashier. Keeps on saying invalid tender when I try to pay.

Just so everyone knows, this promo is officially dead. The stores trade in page no longer shows the madden/destiny promo at the opening.

Just do everyone knows, this promo is officially dead. The stores trade in page no longer shows the madden/destiny promo at the opening.
It may revive after Destiny releases tomorrow. It was originally introduced when Madden was up for pre-order, then was re-introduced when Madden was out and when Destiny was up for pre-order. We'll see tomorrow! :)

Just as an FYI for anyone that mailed in their trades to CExchange. I bought a couple copies of the Grand Theft from Walmart and sent them in for trade so I wouldn't have to deal with the craziness in Walmart.

They received my package last Friday and today I receive an email from them with a revised quote. They claim that they games and cases had light scratches on them. I know for sure that this is BS, as I took the games out of the plastic and put them in box to ship. 

I called and spoke with a manager and she was not helpful at all. She was really condescending and rude. I informed her that I would like picture of the product that they received so they can point out to me where the scratches are.

The new offer for the games is $25, which is a big difference from the original quote of $40. I'm not sure if I want to continue to fight with them or have them send them back and trade them in elsewhere.

Just as an FYI for anyone that mailed in their trades to CExchange. I bought a couple copies of the Grand Theft from Walmart and sent them in for trade so I wouldn't have to deal with the craziness in Walmart.

They received my package last Friday and today I receive an email from them with a revised quote. They claim that they games and cases had light scratches on them. I know for sure that this is BS, as I took the games out of the plastic and put them in box to ship.

I called and spoke with a manager and she was not helpful at all. She was really condescending and rude. I informed her that I would like picture of the product that they received so they can point out to me where the scratches are.

The new offer for the games is $25, which is a big difference from the original quote of $40. I'm not sure if I want to continue to fight with them or have them send them back and trade them in elsewhere.
Well that's not good news, I just did the same thing the other day, Two brand new just unwrapped games. Quoted $37.xx because of bonus. Shipped them on the 6th.

I had an extra copy I forgot. I guess I'll ship mine unopened. Lol

It's messed up if they are deducting for light scratches. All it mentions is deep scratches and their example picture shows only major damage that would cause a problem: http://walmart.cexchange.com/content/images/instore.walmartvg/body/example_disc.jpg
See the mass flippers squirm at reduced GTA 5 value. Whatever reason people that mailed a bunch of GTA 5 will not get $40. It's not scratches either, good luck trying to get more than 25 on it. Still going to make money if you bought at Sams for 15 but not nearly as much.

See the mass flippers squirm at reduced GTA 5 value. Whatever reason people that mailed a bunch of GTA 5 will not get $40. It's not scratches either, good luck trying to get more than 25 on it. Still going to make money if you bought at Sams for 15 but not nearly as much.
Really depends on what you consider.

Walmart: It's not really $40 since you have to spend $5 on the pre-order. So it's more like $35.

Walmart: w/o the TIB it's $27+.

Target: $10+ but who would even go to Target for this.

BestBuy: $30 w/ 50% TIB.

You miss out on $5 from Walmart but you're money would also be locked there. At least of BB you can price match to a multitude of stores.

Sent in 2 open copies of GTA V from Sams (1 from each system) using the Madden/Destiny glitch where you didn't actually purchase the game.   I just received an E-giftcard for the full value of my trade in ($75.75) so they are not downgrading all of the GTA copies.  It was received yesterday so the grading process/issuing of the gift card took about 24 hours. 

I use self checkout at Sams to convert Walmart credit into prepaid debit cards. It's something like a $7 fee on the $200 one.

Go to a bank or credit union, open up checking account (if you do not already have one), apply for debit card, and deposit your walmart gift cards into your account. I believe this should work.
I don't mean this as rude but how the fuck does that work? So if I'm understanding this correctly if I have a gift card (you are referring to Wal-Mart credit they give you in the form of a gift card there I assume) from Wal-Mart or I suppose any retailer I can just waltz in and tell the teller that has so much on it and deposit it into my account? I have to be misunderstanding this as that makes no sense as why would they do that and two how would they even know if it's a valid card with real credit on it?

It's over right?
The link for the promo is no longer on the walmart.cexchange.com website, but I haven't spoken to any store employees as to whether their system still has the promo, but I'm leaning towards it being over.

I don't mean this as rude but how the fuck does that work? So if I'm understanding this correctly if I have a gift card (you are referring to Wal-Mart credit they give you in the form of a gift card there I assume) from Wal-Mart or I suppose any retailer I can just waltz in and tell the teller that has so much on it and deposit it into my account? I have to be misunderstanding this as that makes no sense as why would they do that and two how would they even know if it's a valid card with real credit on it?
He was probably joking. If he is being serious, there are some steps missing.

You could probably buy a PIN-enabled Visa or MasterCard gift card using your Walmart gift card and then load from debit card to your Serve or Bluebird account at the Money Center kiosk.

Maybe he was referring to something like that.

Actually, he was talking about buying a PIN-enabled Visa or MasterCard gift card using a Walmart gift card, so that was the crucial missing step.

I was kidding about depositing the credit at a bank. As far as buying pre-paid debit cards, they have a kiosk at Sams (walmart credit is good at Sams). Just pick up your desired amount, scan them at the self checkout, pay with gift cards and you are done. Very simple process.

You have really got to appreciate how fast cexchange is with processing trade ins! 

On another note, I found out that Walmart buys in large quantities from Redbox because over half of the preowned Black ops II copies I bought came with that barcode sticker in the center.  Walmart covered them up with their own plain white stickers though.  Understandable, since those Redbox stickers are insane to remove without damaging the disc.  I'm still nervous if they will accept them back as trade-ins though.  I just couldn't resist only having to spend Walmart credit to make more Walmart credit :)

UPDATE:

I received an e-gift card for $784.89 on my 1st set of 19 sealed copies of COD: Ghosts (X1), gamble seems to paying off, so far so good, have a 2nd set of 19 copies pending...

Aaaand #2 just came in, not sure why they were graded a week apart but great success!!!

As a random, somewhat related aside, each year I buy and trade roughly 15 copies of COD (as part of independent purchases and trades) without ever playing it.

That said, I did play about an hour of ghosts.  And enjoyed it. 

It's not that strange. I've gotten at least 50 copies of Ghosts from Target with the preorder promo over the past few months and traded them to various places including Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy, and even back to Target. And that's only the Xbone copies. If you include the PS3 and 360 copies, it's well over 100.

bread's done
Back