Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Change it to landscape....I had to do that since it was cut off after the first page
Yup, on the preview mode, I just change the orientation of the page until I get one that doesn't slice the barcode into two. When I trade in three things, part of the shipping label will be on the first page, but I just cut that part out and tape it back to the rest of the shipping label because the bar code is fine.

I avoid trading in less than four things at a time now just to make things easier for me.

I know they did before I just want to make sure somebody has done it today that they didn't change things. So it's gonna be like best buy.

Also to avoid cashiers couldn't you just use the U-Scan line?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they did before I just want to make sure somebody has done it today that they didn't change things. So it's gonna be like best buy.

Also to avoid cashiers couldn't you just use the U-Scan line?
I wouldn't be surprised if you had to put in a code to approve the transaction. You could try and let us know though.

You are right they dropped even more then when I looked a few minutes ago. PS3 COD went down to $18. X1 TR was $33 now $31.

Took about 30 minutes for 6 games. Trade ins done at the cellular counter at my store. The guy said that no one really got any training on this. Also I had a Guitar Hero game that had the Not For Resale instead of a barcode and the guy asked his department manager and they said they wouldn't take the game. They were manually typing in each game. Drivers license was required. Just passing along the info.

Took about 30 minutes for 6 games. Trade ins done at the cellular counter at my store. The guy said that no one really got any training on this. Also I had a Guitar Hero game that had the Not For Resale instead of a barcode and the guy asked his department manager and they said they wouldn't take the game. They were manually typing in each game. Drivers license was required. Just passing along the info.
Thanks, it's much appreciated. Hopefully others will have a similarly "smooth" experience.

Almost want to stop by and trade something in for kicks . I'm sure the elder ladies at the customer service desk have been trained well enough .

For those that have traded games in store, was the TIV the same as what the online evaluation is showing?

Are you suggesting that we're all hairy, unkempt men?

rude.
I imagine that some of us have nose hairs so long, when they breathe through their nose, it's like watching one of those party horns you blow into straighten and curl.

Ugh, I knew I shouldn't of traded to walmart. I went to 6 different cashiers and all of them said no on paying with a gift card for a visa. Even U- Scan.

Or "Super Mario for the Xbox". :booty:
Haha, oh man, you wouldn't believe the number of irate customers I've had after I told them it doesn't exist. They insisted they saw their nephew playing it on their Xbawks, which I then proceeded to tell them that it was an illegal ROM or some such.

I've been using their online quote generator, and it looks like Wal-Mart whoops the shit out of Gamestop with their TiV. Not that anyone would do it, but they offer $375 for your PS4 with everything that came in the box - $25 shy of what it would cost for a new one. There are some good deals here

I've been using their online quote generator, and it looks like Wal-Mart whoops the shit out of Gamestop with their TiV. Not that anyone would do it, but they offer $375 for your PS4 with everything that came in the box - $25 shy of what it would cost for a new one. There are some good deals here
Trading in a PS4 towards a Wii U, XB1, or PS4 at Gamestop will give you $412.50, though if you don't want a new system in return, WM is a good alternative.

So has anyone tried this yet? Do u just go to the gaming area and sell your games?

And whats this coupon

So has anyone tried this yet? Do u just go to the gaming area and sell your games?

And whats this coupon
It's a Gamestop coupon that was thought to be needed to get 50% extra when trading in a console towards a new XB1, Wii U, or PS4, but unless someone proves otherwise, you don't need the coupon for that bonus.

Do you need the instructions to trade in or is case and game good enough?
From the sounds of things, you only need the original case and game--it also seems like instruction manuals are gradually being phased out entirely, so if Walmart plans on maintaining this program, it's probably in their best interest to not require manuals that games might not have had.

Anyone think I should open my Ni No Kuni copy? I have the locked in value, and fear I'll get it rejected if I leave it sealed.
I opened mine. Worth the gamble to me, as I think it's more likely it will be accepted if it's open. Worst case I'll trade it in at Best Buy for $8 and at least get half my money back.

I still don't see why people think Walmart is going to adjust trade values after games are sent in. Yes it's in the terms, does it make sense? Nope.

I still don't see why people think Walmart is going to adjust trade values after games are sent in. Yes it's in the terms, does it make sense? Nope.
It does make sense. Why pay out $30-$40 when they can pay $10? They're legally protected. Best Buy does it all the time by holding games for a few days before processing them.

It does make sense. Why pay out $30-$40 when they can pay $10? They're legally protected. Best Buy does it all the time by holding games for a few days before processing them.
But Best Buy doesn't change the values on you if they're different after receiving your games. If you sent in a game last week that had a $40 TIV then but a $30 TIV now, Best Buy won't change that value on you as long as you get it to them within 14 days after initiating the trade-in.

Ugh the walmarts around me are just terrible.  I wouldn't go in to trade with them even if they were giving $5 more than Gamestop.  I prefer eBay anyway.  I did a 24hr auction for Xbone MGS:GZ and someone paid $37, wtf?  Anyway walmarts suck.

I used the website's participating store locator and the closest Walmart was 17 miles away, so I decided to call the Walmart that's close to me. I was transferred countless times from electronics to customer service to electronics and to sporting goods. I was waiting to talk to the assistant manager towards the end. I was put on hold for like 20 mins in total...so fuck Walmart. Im glad I called while I was getting ready at home and did not end up wasting gas/time

bread's done
Back