Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

yup, that's what i did. i used "print screen" (cause if it's a larger order some of the upcs get cut off). i then taped the shipping label (instructions say to use a special envelope for the label and invoice but i didn't) and the invoice i slipped inside. i was recently paid via email and it took about 2 weeks. hope this helps.
thank you going to put my copies of gears in the mail and hope for the best.

yup, that's what i did. i used "print screen" (cause if it's a larger order some of the upcs get cut off). i then taped the shipping label (instructions say to use a special envelope for the label and invoice but i didn't) and the invoice i slipped inside. i was recently paid via email and it took about 2 weeks. hope this helps.
So is that stuff attached to the shipping label the invoice?? Or is it the first page with the UPCs?

The instructions are a little weird with the folding in half thing

So is that stuff attached to the shipping label the invoice?? Or is it the first page with the UPCs?

The instructions are a little weird with the folding in half thing
the first page is the invoice with the list of upcs (cut this out and slip it inside envelope/box).

your shipping label should be towards the bottom on the second page (cut that out and tape it on your envelope/box).

Your premise is flawed. The GOW died shortly after 8 am, probably not because 3 million people locked in trades in the previous 24 hours. More than likely an employee arrived at work for their 8-5 job, checked SD or here, and hit a few buttons. This is much more likely than an algorithm based on people locking in trades that just happens to update at 8 am. You are right though, it is all guess work.
actually that is a very unlikely scenario. the more likely one is the algorithm.

Do we know if anyone has been able to get Gamestop to match Wal-Mart's trade-in prices yet?
You should have tried to get a price match on Gears of War 3 yesterday. They were giving over $21 for it and Gamestop sells it for $9.99 used. You could have made a shitload of profit without having to even leave the store.

Do we know if anyone has been able to get Gamestop to match Wal-Mart's trade-in prices yet?
HQymg5d.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lie. It is in store credit and can be used for anything in the store. I traded in yesterday and was able to put all the credit on a walmart in store card (instead of having it on the paper).

Just take the paper the next time they say some crap like that and go get a in store card (it's by the registers) and put the money on that. Or even better put it on a prepaid Visa gift card.
How do I do this ? Traded at a 2nd store today and they refused to put it on a gift card. Also how do I get a visa? I tried at 3 stores to get one and when they tried scanning the gift card it would not allow it. So what's the secret?

That is a lie. It is in store credit and can be used for anything in the store. I traded in yesterday and was able to put all the credit on a walmart in store card (instead of having it on the paper).

Just take the paper the next time they say some crap like that and go get a in store card (it's by the registers) and put the money on that. Or even better put it on a prepaid Visa gift card.
Actually, their trade in FAQ which they print off the Wire, which is their intranet, specifically says they aren't supposed to put the egift credit on a WalMart gift card. I assume this is probably to track where that specific type of credit is being spent. So that is very YMMV. But, if you spent $100 trade in credit and bought a pack of gum whats left would go onto a WalMart gift card. Also, WalMart policy on any kind of credit is that it is NOT supposed to be used with prepaid visa cards, so again that is YMMV.

Also, there is a $250 trade in credit limit per transaction, and it also specifically states that they are not supposed to take in games without UPC codes. They can search without it though in the system, as for the most part it looms exactly like what we see on the trade in web page, so pack in games like two copies of the gears of war 3 I traded in last night might not be accepted, so YMMV. they would not take mine.

I think in store the lady keyed in some code from the trade in computer to the register and that let it issue me a gift card.  Maybe she was using an egift card to pay for a regular gift card.  She couldn't figure out how to print the stuff on the terminal since there was no printer.

I dont see anything about an e-gift card not being able to buy a regular gift card on the site. That would suck if true.
I dont recall seeing that UPCS were needed either, but both are listed on their print out. I'll see if I can't get my buddy to print it out so I can scan it,even thouh its a nono he may still do it

For those who are scared of a sudden change in offer price when they mail them in, try calling Cexchange and ask them about their policy about locked in prices for video games. If enough people get the same reply that it just has to be postmarked within 7 days then it can be pretty safe to assume that our values won't be changed suddenly when mailing them in.

Actually, their trade in FAQ which they print off the Wire, which is their intranet, specifically says they aren't supposed to put the egift credit on a WalMart gift card. I assume this is probably to track where that specific type of credit is being spent. So that is very YMMV. But, if you spent $100 trade in credit and bought a pack of gum whats left would go onto a WalMart gift card. Also, WalMart policy on any kind of credit is that it is NOT supposed to be used with prepaid visa cards, so again that is YMMV.

Also, there is a $250 trade in credit limit per transaction, and it also specifically states that they are not supposed to take in games without UPC codes. They can search without it though in the system, as for the most part it looms exactly like what we see on the trade in web page, so pack in games like two copies of the gears of war 3 I traded in last night might not be accepted, so YMMV. they would not take mine.
And they can't put it on a gift card when doing the trade in. But you can use the egiftcard to buy an in store card which will put the same value on the card.

All the times that I've put credit on visas it always goes through. No need for a manger override but yeah, it can be YMMV?

You are right, the limit is $250 per trade in transaction. But you can just do another trade in. Know that it only applies to games. Consoles don't have a limit.

Either way, you can certainly put the egiftcard credit on a Walmart in store card. Whether you can get it onto a visa is up to the store it appears.

The fact that I got over $200 for 6 or so games made me really happy. My store had no idea how to do this and had to bring a manager down and they did it step by step while reading from a corporate memo. It's a bit of  a hassel compared to gamestop buy I compared the different and it was over $60 more than Gamestop would have gave me.

I watched their computer screen and they searched the games using their website, so what you see online is what you'll get in store.

I Trade Tomb Raider Definitive Edition ps4 and Assassin's Creed Black Flag ps3 For 65.xx

Last edited:
When doing a trade, the pages that comes out of the printer has a e-gift card. The associate is suppose to goto the register and ring out a gift card and use the e-gift to pay for it. 

Why do one need to be careful. Flipping games is not an illegal activity. ID is req b/c of pawn shop laws.

No need to fear. Flip away my fellow CAGs, flip away.
There was some guy in here yesterday saying that he never trades in games ever because he has to show his driver's license. I don't even think he drives a car because he might get pulled over the police and then he'll be forced to show it to them.

the first page is the invoice with the list of upcs (cut this out and slip it inside envelope/box).

your shipping label should be towards the bottom on the second page (cut that out and tape it on your envelope/box).
Is the label the entire second page including the part right next to the "real" shipping label (the left part has delivery address and a PDF bar code, right part has Ship Date, ActWgt, CAD, Invoice #, and typical barcode other stuff)? I don't encounter Fedex labels often.

Why do one need to be careful. Flipping games is not an illegal activity. ID is req b/c of pawn shop laws.

No need to fear. Flip away my fellow CAGs, flip away.
While it may not be illegal they could still ban whomever they please. I know they ban for returns without receipt, so I'd assume they'd do the same for this if it gets out of control. Although It wouldn't be a big loss as I assume their prices will drop greatly soon enough.

There was some guy in here yesterday saying that he never trades in games ever because he has to show his driver's license. I don't even think he drives a car because he might get pulled over the police and then he'll be forced to show it to them.
There's another regular that never posts anything in fear of letting out any personal information. There are rumors that he tore up his social security card at the age of 3, eventually leading way to the mysterious disappearance of his Birth Certificate.

Long story short (mainly because I'm lazy and tired), this man is forever known as the.... LURKER.

Coming soon to a theater near you.

There's another regular that never posts anything in fear of letting out any personal information. There are rumors that he tore up his social security card at the age of 3, eventually leading way to the mysterious disappearance of his Birth Certificate.

Long story short (mainly because I'm lazy and tired), this man is forever known as the.... LURKER.

Coming soon to a theater near you.
aka.. iatcg ???

I wasn't the guy, but there's a huge difference between showing your driver's license and having them scan it for their files.

Also, police =/= Walmart/corporations, what a ridiculous comparison to make. Seriously, don't rag on the guy just because he has issues giving up his personal info to retailers.

I wasn't the guy, but there's a huge difference between showing your driver's license and having them scan it for their files.

Also, police =/= Walmart/corporations, what a ridiculous comparison to make. Seriously, don't rag on the guy just because he has issues giving up his personal info to retailers.
He wouldn't have gotten clowned if he didn't come into a trade-in thread saying that he doesn't trade in games and doesn't want his info on file. Why did he show up here again?

He wouldn't have gotten clowned if he didn't come into a trade-in thread saying that he doesn't trade in games and doesn't want his info on file. Why did he show up here again?
To warn us that Walmart will sell info on my height and weight to the highest bidder.

in that case he never had doctor visits cause id requires and never went to high school or college or took sat test or held a job lol everything anymore requires id

If I trade in my games at Walmart for a walmart gift card, can I than use that gift card to purchase xbox cards? Was wondering this with best buy as well...I'm going all digital so clearing out all my games.

I feel like we've all been fine for the decades they've been collecting our info though. It's a very rare anomaly to find someone with a tragic story about how Wal-mart sold her name to junk mail companies and paper cut her finger for life/a day.

But who knows, maybe I'm naive and marketing is the devil.

bread's done
Back