Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

So I shipped a package overnight yesterday so it would arrive today, which is the 10th day.  I'll let you all know if they honor it or not.  It was 4 copies of Ni No Kuni by the way, so the profit from just one of em will cover the $18.xx it was for a USPS Flat Rate envelope.

So I shipped a package overnight yesterday so it would arrive today, which is the 10th day. I'll let you all know if they honor it or not. It was 4 copies of Ni No Kuni by the way, so the profit from just one of em will cover the $18.xx it was for a USPS Flat Rate envelope.
Holy crap. 18 bucks?

So I shipped a package overnight yesterday so it would arrive today, which is the 10th day. I'll let you all know if they honor it or not. It was 4 copies of Ni No Kuni by the way, so the profit from just one of em will cover the $18.xx it was for a USPS Flat Rate envelope.
Still seems like it wouldn't be worth the monetary risk IMO, since you're now out that $18 cash no matter what they decide, and especially since their confirmation e-mails explicitly state the 7 day postmark policy. Thanks for being the guinea pig though, and I do hope it works out for you so that we have that option open to us in the future if need be. Keep us posted...

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Best Buy or Amazon enforce their "shipping deadlines" very strictly. I would guess Walmart is a similar situation.

Maybe I'll send in something like America's Test Kitchen a few days after the deadline and see what happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Best Buy or Amazon enforce their "shipping deadlines" very strictly. I would guess Walmart is a similar situation.

Maybe I'll send in something like America's Test Kitchen a few days after the deadline and see what happens
I can confirm from personal experience that Best Buy absolutely does. If your item isn't received by the 14 day limit they set, then it's subject to the current value of the item and the locked-in value is disregarded. The Walmart system is suprisingly similar to the Best Buy one, which is why I have a feeling that similar standards will apply. The 10-day receipt rule still might be valid though (instead of the 7 day postmark rule which is on the Walmart confirmation). I just wouldn't be willing to bank $18 of my own dollars to try it out. But we'll see soon enough. Hoping for the best, regardless...

I sent out 2 Ni No Kuni 10 days after the quote because I thought I have 10 days to ship. Best Buy does enforce the deadline but they gave me the quoted amount anyway as a "one time exception".

You should take it to the next level with them. One guy in the Gamestop thread was gonna kick an employee's ass because he tried to screw him over with a promotional deal. He must have gone through with it and got arrested because we never heard back from him again regarding the situation.
does his name begin with a "r" & end w/ a "z". :twoguns: :pray: **thug-life**

So does Walmart give more credit towards sealed games?

Is there a limit on how many you can turn in of the same game?

They don't give more for sealed games, no limit but people have said you can't trade in more than 19 copies (or maybe 19 games total?) in one transaction.

i still haven't got pay for my nino kuni. they really need to build some efficiency in getting these games grade and approved.

i still haven't got pay for my nino kuni. they really need to build some efficiency in getting these games grade and approved.
Well techinally they have up to 2 to 4 weeks before they techinally have to pay you it on there terms:
First, go to our website and complete as many appraisals for as many items you wish to trade in. To get your items to us, you provide the packaging and we pay for the shipping which is covered at the end of your transaction. Once we receive your items, we evaluate them to make sure that everything matches the appraisals. Assuming they do, we will email you a confirmation and you will receive your payment within 2 to 4 weeks of receipt of the product by CExchange.

You'd think they could have at least left a positive if they're going to advertise on someone's feedback page.
But would we have paid any heed to talx01's feedback rating at 100%? Would we have navigated to his feedback and read the "negative" that caught our attention? ;)

You have to admit, while underhanded, it was somewhat effective.

so do you have to send games out or can you just go to local walmart and they can pay you on the spot. Im also guessing they give you a Walmart giftcard

so do you have to send games out or can you just go to local walmart and they can pay you on the spot. Im also guessing they give you a Walmart giftcard
if you lock the trade online you must send it out.

if you bring inthe games without locking the trade the store will give what the value is at the time of the instore tradein on a walmart giftcard

Sent my trade in on Saturday. How many days would it take to process? Does anyone know if you're suppose to include page 1 with the scan bars in the package itself? The instructions were not clear at all.

Sent my trade in on Saturday. How many days would it take to process? Does anyone know if you're suppose to include page 1 with the scan bars in the package itself? The instructions were not clear at all.
Yes, you're supposed to include the bar codes.

Give it a week or two--you should get an email once they receive your trade-in, then it may take several more business days before you get another email containing the link to your e-Gift Card.

You're supposed to include the first page with the game barcodes in the package because it's essentially a packing slip that summarizes your trade-in.

Hmm I did not include page 1 which contained the scan codes and only attached page 2 of the shipping label to the package and included another copy of page 2 which has the order number in a waybill pouch. I wonder if this will get processed and if I will lose my original trade in value.

So I had some gift cards laying around + the extra $ from trade ins. Went ahead and tried to buy the credit gift cards.

Gift cards won't work on

• Visa cards
  • Ranged denominations ($20-$500)
Gift cards will work on

• Mastercard cards
  • American Express cards
I tried buying the ranged denominations first, failed miserably. Tried the $25 afterwards ($4 fee). Worked with no problem, so I tried a $100 visa card ($5 fee), failed. Finally tried a $50 Mastercard and it went through without any hassle. Tried one more $100 mastercard, went smoothly. 

Hope this information helps.

Edit: This was done at a Walmart in New York, results may vary in your state.

So does Walmart have to honor the price that is shown on their website, as long as its in good condition, and everything is included?

I might save myself the hassle, of selling on ebay, since I can make a decent amount, by just trading them into walmart.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back