Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

The thought of Walmart credit has never gotten my thirst levels up so high. Ranch Wings could single handedly bring down GS if everyone just tried them once using their Ni No Kuni and GOW3 credit
48056617.jpg

Just asking for future use. Would these MasterCard and American Express cards that you're able to buy with the credit from trading in. Would they happen to be the same cards that Wal-Mart offers with all the hidden fee's for pretty much everything? (e.g. Greendot or Global Cash Card) If they are I can't say I'd be that inclined to get one. And I'll probably just stick with a gift card.  :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just asking for future use. Would these MasterCard and American Express cards that you're able to buy with the credit from trading in. Would they happen to be the same cards that Wal-Mart offers with all the hidden fee's for pretty much everything? (e.g. Greendot or Global Cash Card) If they are I can't say I'd be that inclined to get one. And I'll probably just stick with a gift card. :wall:
Nope, no hidden fees.

Also, if you'd prefer cash, you could always use a square to transfer the $ to your bank account for a 2.75% fee. (Square costs like $10 at radioshack, but you'd get credited $10 as soon as you sign up for it).

So for me transferring a walmart giftcard to my bank account is $8 per $100 (gift card -> $100 MasterCard -> $100 cash). A bit steep, but worth it if you want cash.

Nope, no hidden fees.

Also, if you'd prefer cash, you could always use a square to transfer the $ to your bank account for a 2.75% fee. (Square costs like $10 at radioshack, but you'd get credited $10 as soon as you sign up for it).

So for me transferring a walmart giftcard to my bank account is $8 per $100 (gift card -> $100 MasterCard -> $100 cash). A bit steep, but worth it if you want cash.
I've never used Radioshack, so I have no idea what Square is but it sounds pretty convenient. Although I have heard about a place you can send your unused Gift Cards in for cash on an infomercial on TV. I have no idea how reliable that is, or if they give out the same amount in cash that was on the gift card.

I've never used Radioshack, so I have no idea what Square is but it sounds pretty convenient. Although I have heard about a place you can send your unused Gift Cards in for cash on an infomercial on TV. I have no idea how reliable that is, or if they give the same amount in cash that was on the gift card.
Square is a product that you buy and bring home.

You can connect it to your phone and swipe (and charging) credit cards through it.

Square is a product that you buy and bring home.

You can connect it to your phone and swipe (and charging) credit cards through it.
Ah.

Well, I've still yet to get a Bank account and I don't have a phone. The only thing I've got is an Android Tablet. Would that work if I ever joined up with the rest of the world? (I also still lack an ID card but that's only because my Birth Certificate can't be found in my house)

I've never used Radioshack, so I have no idea what Square is but it sounds pretty convenient. Although I have heard about a place you can send your unused Gift Cards in for cash on an infomercial on TV. I have no idea how reliable that is, or if they give out the same amount in cash that was on the gift card.
Stay away from those sites claiming to give you money for your unused gift cards. Especially Cardpool

Nope, no hidden fees.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'd rather pay the fee and have cash than be stuck with Walmart credit. The Mastercard gift cards are nice also, but the 2.75% to get cash is nothing compared to the profit from flipping.

There's a lot of places like that

So I had some gift cards laying around + the extra $ from trade ins. Went ahead and tried to buy the credit gift cards.

Gift cards won't work on

• Visa cards
  • Ranged denominations ($20-$500)
Gift cards will work on
  • Mastercard cards
  • American Express cards
I tried buying the ranged denominations first, failed miserably. Tried the $25 afterwards ($4 fee). Worked with no problem, so I tried a $100 visa card ($5 fee), failed. Finally tried a $50 Mastercard and it went through without any hassle. Tried one more $100 mastercard, went smoothly.

Hope this information helps.
Is it different in other states? I did exactly what you said and used the MasterCard. The system still wouldn't allow gift cards to ring it up. I'm in Michigan.

Is it different in other states? I did exactly what you said and used the MasterCard. The system still wouldn't allow gift cards to ring it up. I'm in Michigan.
That's interesting. I did my transactions in New York. It'd be great if we could get a list together and spot any discrepancies like yours.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'd rather pay the fee and have cash than be stuck with Walmart credit. The Mastercard gift cards are nice also, but the 2.75% to get cash is nothing compared to the profit from flipping.
AMAZON PAYMENTS. No fee.

I have one account for me, one for my wife. I put all my FAR amex/visa whatever cards through there. By "sending money" to my wife, NO FEE, then she (or me logged in as her lol) withdraws to the bank account.

It requires two people, but it's the free way to do it.

Has anyone had an issue with the mailing label (for online trades) being too small. I couldn't get it to print bigger and maintain the bar code,  and the text is tiny.

AMAZON PAYMENTS. No fee.

I have one account for me, one for my wife. I put all my FAR amex/visa whatever cards through there. By "sending money" to my wife, NO FEE, then she (or me logged in as her lol) withdraws to the bank account.

It requires to people, but it's the free way to do it.
That sounds like money laundering. I like it.

Scrolled a few pages and couldn't find an answer, but I apologize if this has been asked: How do you cancel a trade-in? Do you just not-send it? I couldn't find a cancel option online.

Just wanted to report that I got paid on a set of 5 copies of Gears 3. I hadn't seen anyone specifically mention having that one accepted yet.

I was a little worried about these, as I bought them used from Gamestop and one copy had some pretty significant scratching (no gouges or anything, but it probably would have gotten me charged a refurb fee at GS).

They accepted all 5 with no issues. If you're still on the fence about the Walmart trade program, I've gotta say I recommend it. I've done 2 in store trades and 5 online trades and haven't had a single issue.

Just wanted to report that I got paid on a set of 5 copies of Gears 3. I hadn't seen anyone specifically mention having that one accepted yet.

I was a little worried about these, as I bought them used from Gamestop and one copy had some pretty significant scratching (no gouges or anything, but it probably would have gotten me charged a refurb fee at GS).

They accepted all 5 with no issues. If you're still on the fence about the Walmart trade program, I've gotta say I recommend it. I've done 2 in store trades and 5 online trades and haven't had a single issue.
I agree--I'm stunned by how well the online trade-ins have gone (5 transactions accepted for me, as well, so far), and while the in-store experience definitely needs work, if more crazy values pop up in the future, there's no way I'm hesitating on them. :bouncy:

That's interesting. I did my transactions in New York. It'd be great if we could get a list together and spot any discrepancies like yours.
Sweet. It works in the only state that matters to me. Thanks for the info.

That sounds like money laundering. I like it.
There was this guy who actually used GameStop as a bank. He'd deposit money into it by pre-ordering games, and then cancel the pre-orders for a withdrawal, and trade-in games to increase his account balance. He could also obviously buy games and get pre-order bonuses, and since GameStops are so common, he could get his money almost anywhere. And there wasn't a damn thing they could do about it, was pretty hilarious to read about.

The employees thought he was a dealer, but he was just doing it because he had a personal issue with supporting banks.

There was this guy who actually used GameStop as a bank. He'd deposit money into it by pre-ordering games, and then cancel the pre-orders for a withdrawal, and trade-in games to increase his account balance. He could also obviously buy games and get pre-order bonuses, and since GameStops are so common, he could get his money almost anywhere. And there wasn't a damn thing they could do about it, was pretty hilarious to read about.

The employees thought he was a dealer, but he was just doing it because he had a personal issue with supporting banks.
gamestop-bank.jpg

gamestop-bank.jpg
Wow that was a good laugh

Sounds like an idiot who can't manage his money. I mean apparently he can keep track of all his money through Gamestop but having it all in a bank is just too hard to do. If he's overdrafting he obviously isn't keeping track of available funds.

Sounds like an idiot who can't manage his money. I mean apparently he can keep track of all his money through Gamestop but having it all in a bank is just too hard to do. If he's overdrafting he obviously isn't keeping track of available funds.
I don't buy it. If that really did happen, lol about "nothing they can do about it". I'm sure GameStop corporate would be really pissed to find out they were consistently getting no-interest loans from the guy.

AMAZON PAYMENTS. No fee.

It requires two people, but it's the free way to do it.
I don't really understand. Do you purchase something from her? Or can you just send money over amazon now... This would of been so helpful when I was Amazon rich but couldn't afford my rent...

got email that Walmart received my games. I believe I submitted the trade last Wednesday so over a week. Hope I get full value.
Your trade just has to be shipped within a week of you making the trade; it doesn't matter when they receive it or let you know they received it.

Got paid for my last trade in, 5x GOW3. In total, 10x GOW3, 5x Ni No Kuni, and 5x ATK. All went smoothly. :)

IT CAME FROM 4CHAN? HAHAHA. Not surprised at all.

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows the story.

Still pretty funny.
nah u inspired me to google haha

i made sure to post the 4chan one though rather than a "news" link

I don't really understand. Do you purchase something from her? Or can you just send money over amazon now... This would of been so helpful when I was Amazon rich but couldn't afford my rent...
He's referring to Amazon Payments, which is a separate service from amazon.com. It's basically like Pay Pal, and you cannot transfer your amazon gift cards to that service.

If he's getting charged for using an ATM then he's obviously using either the wrong Bank or ATM. It doesn't surprise me that there are "those" kind of people in the world though. From the reply he got though, I wouldn't say that he's brilliant. It's not that hard to stay away from over-drafting your account though. At least, if you know how to use and spend money. :D/

Got paid the full amount today for 10x GOW3. These were all from Gamestop and they all had common used scratches on them. Nothing crazy, but the quality you would expect from Gamestop. I sent them out last Friday and I live in Indiana, so pretty quick service. Still waiting on Ni No Kuni, but I expect them to be graded Friday.

Got paid the full amount today for 10x GOW3. These were all from Gamestop and they all had common used scratches on them. Nothing crazy, but the quality you would expect from Gamestop. I sent them out last Friday and I live in Indiana, so pretty quick service. Still waiting on Ni No Kuni, but I expect them to be graded Friday.
My Ninokuni was received Monday and I still haven't got anything. :(

My Ninokuni was received Monday and I still haven't got anything. :(
It's weird how their processing works. I got an email notification that they got my first shipment of Gears on Tuesday, and I got paid out on Thursday. I wonder why certain things seem to take longer to process.

Another interesting note, I just got an email earlier this afternoon that they received my second shipment and then about 30 minutes ago that they received my 3rd trade in shipment. It was interesting, because every other status update or email I've gotten or that I've seen reported seemed to indicate that they were receiving and processing trades on an 8-5 work schedule.

Makes me wonder if they are expanding their operation to handle a larger volume of trades.

bread's done
Back