Walking Dead Season 6: Walkers be walking

I'm going to watch this episode just to see who dies, but from the patterns we have seen before they might just dick with us making us either watch the entire episode til the end to tell us or make us hold out til the next episode..................

other wise I am done with this show..........

I'm going to watch this episode just to see who dies, but from the patterns we have seen before they might just dick with us making us either watch the entire episode til the end to tell us or make us hold out til the next episode..................

other wise I am done with this show..........
pretty sure they said it will be shown right at the start

7 episodes of flashbacks.

j/k Yeah They said it would be revealed. I'm actually going to watch this one, so it doesn't get spoiled by yahoo. FB, etc.

BTW my theory was correct. They filmed multiple death scenes for various characters, so they could decide later who to kill.

I'm starting a new job tomorrow (first one since becoming a stay at home dad 6 years ago). I'm torn - I want to stay up and watch it, but it's an early morning for me. But, I know people will be talking and spoil it.

True. I didn't even watch it:I read it on a website. So glad I didn't since the comic was more than enough for me. Now I can truly say that I'm done with the show and the comic is getting a little long in the tooth as well.

I knew it could happen but didn't thought they would go through with it yet, pretty intense scene and episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched it. A bit of a downer. I had to watch it to avoid spoilers. I think I will wait for the season to be almost over and then binge the rest.

I actually like Fear the Waling Dead more than this show now.

The entire episode was unpleasant. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing yet. I have to take time for it register.

Way to much commercials.

BTW it is free to watch last nights episode on amc.com right now. I wonder if they think they will lose a lot of viewership after this episode.

It seems like a lot of people are upset on FB. I didn't think they would get that graphic on TV. It was hard to watch for me. I already read the comics, so I knew what to expect, but I have trouble watching 'realistic violence'. I'm still not 100% on board with JDM. The whole aura of Negan in the comics (at least in my opinion), is that he has some likeable characteristics. I know he was modeled after Rollins and I know I am biased, but I would have much rather seen rollins or Jon Hamm in the role. I don't think they have the humor of the character down yet. Though I think they used some of the comic dialog. 

I like JDM as Negan, however he doesn't curse enough. I can't help but think he's channeling his "Comedian" character from Watchmen.

It's interesting how in the comics he says fuck or shit every other word but in the show he doesn't curse and is obviously more violent and sadistic

Also I was wrong about my theory of Rick's hand being chopped off, but I was close with Carl almost suffering the same fate. I'm glad they didn't do it. It would have been way too much.

I love JDM, and I think he's great as Negan, personally. I think if the show were on a channel such as HBO or Showtime or something, he'd be able to drop the F bomb as much as he is supposed to, but that's a no-no for AMC.

Since that was just the premiere, I'm pretty excited for the rest of season 7. Sucks losing people in the main group but we knew it was coming. We had 5+ months to stew about it.

In this instance though, it really sucks being right. :( 

Called the first one, but was shocked by the second. Pretty neat (maybe not the right word...) in how gory it went.

I like JDM as Negan, however he doesn't curse enough. I can't help but think he's channeling his "Comedian" character from Watchmen.

It's interesting how in the comics he says fuck or shit every other word but in the show he doesn't curse and is obviously more violent and sadistic
I'm liking this version of Negan. I haven't read the comics, but I think JDM is doing an excellent job of bordering on sadistic and dark humor.

He said shit a few times last night. As noted by sp0rklez above, dropping the f-bomb on AMC isn't gonna happen unless they pony up the money like USA did for the season 2 premier of Mr. Robot.

I love JDM, and I think he's great as Negan, personally. I think if the show were on a channel such as HBO or Showtime or something, he'd be able to drop the F bomb as much as he is supposed to, but that's a no-no for AMC.
F-Bomb = bad

Head bashing = acceptable entertainment

Called the first one, but was shocked by the second. Pretty neat (maybe not the right word...) in how gory it went.

I'm liking this version of Negan. I haven't read the comics, but I think JDM is doing an excellent job of bordering on sadistic and dark humor.

He said shit a few times last night. As noted by sp0rklez above, dropping the f-bomb on AMC isn't gonna happen unless they pony up the money like USA did for the season 2 premier of Mr. Robot.
Except AMC already let Breaking Bad say fuck multiple times.

He will probably swear more on the blurays. I know at the end of one of the walking dead seasons rick says "fuck", but they didnt air it on tv.

I think he says "They are fucking with the wrong people" (maybe the terminus storyline?)

Oh an I loved JDM as the comedian.

He will probably swear more on the blurays. I know at the end of one of the walking dead seasons rick says "fuck", but they didnt air it on tv.

I think he says "They are fucking with the wrong people" (maybe the terminus storyline?)

Oh an I loved JDM as the comedian.
I remember Rick not saying "fucking" and thought it sounded weird.

I also just realized JDM played Denny on Grey's Anatomy. Now there's a big change.

If you look for it on Youtube, you can find the season 6 finale unedited and with F bombs all over the place.
yea i love the part when he comes out and goes fuck i forgot to unplug the toaster and burned my fucking piece of toast and now i hope you stupid fuckers are happy so now i got to bash in one of your fuckers heads

I remember Rick not saying "fucking" and thought it sounded weird.

I also just realized JDM played Denny on Grey's Anatomy. Now there's a big change.
I think they did ADR and said "messing" with the wrong people. They will probably do the same with Negan when his face is not on screen to add some more explicit dialog.

I thought the episode was great.

Looking back at it I thought they did a good job in being able to stick with the source material while adding their own twist to it. When Abraham was the first to go I was naturally upset to see him get killed but at the same time I was relieved in thinking everyone else was safe (like Daryl and Glenn who were my two favorites). To have Daryl be the one to cause Glenn’s death was really tragic. Abraham revealed that they filmed the death scenes last year during season six’s wrap up so I still disagree about having to make everybody wait a whole year just for the reveal. With the way they filmed the season 7 premiere’s sequence, I could see it being hard to combine season 6’s finale with the drawn out death scenes though. But Glenn’s death was so vicious just like how it was in the comic book. I’m saddened to see Glenn go but I feel more affected by the way he was actually killed by Lucille because of how barbaric the scene itself was. It was so graphic. It made sense that one of the original members was going to meet their demise at Negan’s entrance instead of only Abraham. To the producers’ credit, they teased Glenn’s death many times before but didn’t cop out of the result. I have eerie flashbacks to the scene where Glenn came across the previous victims of Lucille.

I’m interested to see how the rest of the season plays out with what Negan just did to the survivors.

After reflecting on the episode over a day I can say didn't like it. The entire episode was too tense. I already have to deal with this damn election and other stressful stuff during my normal day, then come home to relax and watch a snuff film that raises my blood pressure.

While it might have been a "good" episode it wasn't the one I needed to watch right now.

I thought the episode was great.

Looking back at it I thought they did a good job in being able to stick with the source material while adding their own twist to it. When Abraham was the first to go I was naturally upset to see him get killed but at the same time I was relieved in thinking everyone else was safe (like Daryl and Glenn who were my two favorites). To have Daryl be the one to cause Glenn’s death was really tragic. Abraham revealed that they filmed the death scenes last year during season six’s wrap up so I still disagree about having to make everybody wait a whole year just for the reveal. With the way they filmed the season 7 premiere’s sequence, I could see it being hard to combine season 6’s finale with the drawn out death scenes though. But Glenn’s death was so vicious just like how it was in the comic book. I’m saddened to see Glenn go but I feel more affected by the way he was actually killed by Lucille because of how barbaric the scene itself was. It was so graphic. It made sense that one of the original members was going to meet their demise at Negan’s entrance instead of only Abraham. To the producers’ credit, they teased Glenn’s death many times before but didn’t cop out of the result. I have eerie flashbacks to the scene where Glenn came across the previous victims of Lucille.

I’m interested to see how the rest of the season plays out with what Negan just did to the survivors.
One review I read about the S7 premiere that made a lot of sense to me was to have Abraham's death happen at the end of S6, so there's a "HOLY SHIT!" moment with Abraham being killed. Then, have Glenn get killed in the S7 premiere, which would have been a total fakeout, as everyone would have assumed we were done with the death from Negan.

That and the breaking of Rick by Negan was a bit more drawn out than it needed to be.

I'm good with the episode as it sets the tone for the rest of the season. We'll see how the first half pans out.

One review I read about the S7 premiere that made a lot of sense to me was to have Abraham's death happen at the end of S6, so there's a "HOLY SHIT!" moment with Abraham being killed. Then, have Glenn get killed in the S7 premiere, which would have been a total fakeout, as everyone would have assumed we were done with the death from Negan.

That and the breaking of Rick by Negan was a bit more drawn out than it needed to be.

I'm good with the episode as it sets the tone for the rest of the season. We'll see how the first half pans out.
That's a good idea. I would have preferred it to be that way actually. On the bright side, now that the premiere is out of the way the wait is over and we can see how this story develops further.

Honestly, I think all the bad reviews stem from the fact that
they're butt hurt that Glenn is dead and that the atmosphere of the show was tense (how is that a bad thing?). This episode was great. Granted, I did speed through season 6 in the past three days after having Glenn's death spoiled for me already so I didn't have any time in between season 6 finale and season 7 premiere.

Glenn death was almost exactly like that in the comic. Not sure why some people think that people are going to stop watching because of that. Other TV show killed off major characters before because it's in the source material.

I think if the actors themselves say they don't want a certain plot point to go to anyone else because it wouldn't feel right, then people need to accept it and not be so butt hurt about it. This show will ONLY work if there is some sort of tense drama, and Negan created that. Very well I might add.

If everyone sat around Alexandria happily with a huge amount of food and supplies and lived happily ever after, what would be the purpose of going on? It baffles me that so many people are saying "I refuse to keep watching now." Okay, but if you do that I don't know if you can consider yourself a real fan.

I can't remember how to do the spoiler tags like you guys are or I'd go more in depth, so I kept my post sorta vague.

To Sp0rklez:

[/spoiler8]

put what you want in between the two and take out the 8.

I think a lot of people weren't ready for that scene if they did not read the comics. I'm willing to bet it is the last straw for some people. For me it is a good point to stop watching until the season wraps up. In reality this storyline can go this whole season plus the next and possibly the one after that if they follow the comics. I'm at a point where I really don't care about any of the characters except Rick. Maybe too much time has passed, but the premiere didn't make me think: "Oh man I can't wait to see what happens!", like I get with FEAR and GoT. Pair that with an underwhelming Negan and the excitement/hype goes away.

Nobody was ready for that scene in the comic book either when issue 100 hit. I don't see why it matter if they weren't ready for it or not because it was suppose to be shocking. There were a lot of foreshadowing last season too where they found bunch of pics of what happened with Negan victims so the viewer defineilty know what was going to happen to who ever Negan pick.
As someone who read the comic before watching that episode it still was shocking the way how they did it. I thought they just coped out by choosing Abraham but nope they went with it later.

No comments on The Kingdom? I enjoyed the hell out of it. I was waiting for Ezekiel to confess that he was an assistant manager at Office Depot who just loved D&D, lol. :lol:

I liked that episode. We needed something a bit lighter and at times funny (Jerry) after last week. I'm not sure I've read far enough into the comics to meet Ezekiel (or I did and somehow forgot everything) but he seems like he's going to be a pretty interesting character to get to know more.

Enjoying the season so far.

I'm looking to get season six, but I was wondering does both the dvd and blu ray contain uncensored or just the blu ray?

Some articles and info has said dvd has it while others say it's only blu ray.

Man, I want a pet tiger. I love Ezekiel so far. Hope we get to see more of him before the world crushes him, like it does with everyone else.

I'm going to be talking about the comics but it's non spoiler. So watcher of the show needn't worry.

The show is cataching up with the source very quickly. At this point in the comics you don't know anything about Ezekiel and his tiger. From what I remember his backstory is revealed much further along. Not that it matters, but after seeing next weeks preview I'm going to guess they want to wrap up Negan this season.

Now for some spoiler

I think I might have said this before but I understand Carol's role in relation to the comics. Carol has become Ezekiel's lady friend instead of Michone. Meanwhile Michone & Rick are together while in the comic it was Andrea. They're keeping the same story but swapping characters to fill the role. And I think Darly will take Carl's place in the comics.

I'm going to be talking about the comics but it's non spoiler. So watcher of the show needn't worry.

The show is cataching up with the source very quickly. At this point in the comics you don't know anything about Ezekiel and his tiger. From what I remember his backstory is revealed much further along. Not that it matters, but after seeing next weeks preview I'm going to guess they want to wrap up Negan this season.

Now for some spoiler

I think I might have said this before but I understand Carol's role in relation to the comics. Carol has become Ezekiel's lady friend instead of Michone. Meanwhile Michone & Rick are together while in the comic it was Andrea. They're keeping the same story but swapping characters to fill the role. And I think Darly will take Carl's place in the comics.
After reading your spoiler, I remember a whole lot more than I thought I did and your theory actually makes pretty valid sense.

So just throwing this thought out there for the fans of the comic. Do you think they will fluff up the TV show with at least one or two additional plots unique to the show (in effort to allow more time to the comics to build more distance)?

If not I think the comics and the TV show should catch up only at the final episode and thus released at the same time preventing any bias built by knowing the end from the comic before the show, or vise versa.

So just throwing this thought out there for the fans of the comic. Do you think they will fluff up the TV show with at least one or two additional plots unique to the show (in effort to allow more time to the comics to build more distance)?

If not I think the comics and the TV show should catch up only at the final episode and thus released at the same time preventing any bias built by knowing the end from the comic before the show, or vise versa.
They will defiantly add fluff. They always do.

There's a lot more story elements going on in the show than there was in comics at this point.

Anyone else wish Rick had gotten Lucille'ed? I get that's he's traumatized and basically broken, but what the fuck. He's clearly not fit to lead the group and people just keep letting him make these shitty decisions that affect them all.

They knew negan was coming within a week, so why in the hell didn't they get rid of the weapons inventory book and stash a bunch of weapons. Maggie's fake grave would have been an ideal place (had they thought about that ahead of time, instead of Gabriel pulling that idea out of his ass at the last minute). Instead, they leave it all out on the table and almost get someone killed. Had there been no evidence of their inventory, they wouldn't have known there were guns missing. But instead, Rick just basically further fortified Negan's weapons cache, giving him a greater advantage if and when it comes the all out war.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back