Walking Dead Season 6: Walkers be walking

They knew negan was coming within a week, so why in the hell didn't they get rid of the weapons inventory book and stash a bunch of weapons. Maggie's fake grave would have been an ideal place (had they thought about that ahead of time, instead of Gabriel pulling that idea out of his ass at the last minute). Instead, they leave it all out on the table and almost get someone killed. Had there been no evidence of their inventory, they wouldn't have known there were guns missing. But instead, Rick just basically further fortified Negan's weapons cache, giving him a greater advantage if and when it comes the all out war.
Did they know he was coming so soon, though? I know they knew he would be showing up, but it I think I remember hearing on The Talking Dead, that Negan showed up much sooner that expected.

Yeah, but that should have been priority #1, imo. Get back, burn the book, hide some weapons for self preservation in case negan decides they aren't providing them with enough.

It had to have been at least a week, as Daryl was broken when they arrived. That sequence lasted at least a few days, but probably longer since Daryl would be a tough MF'er to break.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Negan's group that showed up didn't seem very big. Rick and crew could've easily ambushed them or set up a trap with all the guns they had.

The reason why the last season ended up the way it did was because they we're caught of guard. They had home field advantage this time. This doesn't seem like the Rick that bit off a guys throat a couple seasons back.

why dont ano

Negan's group that showed up didn't seem very big. Rick and crew could've easily ambushed them or set up a trap with all the guns they had.

The reason why the last season ended up the way it did was because they we're caught of guard. They had home field advantage this time. This doesn't seem like the Rick that bit off a guys throat a couple seasons back.
why dont anyone in his group just shoot him.. i mean they could of very easy shot him when he was just standing outside the gate and was like woops my bad

I'm trying to rack my head around who the mystery guy might be. Any ideas?

You think it's someone we've already seen or an entirely new character? I'm trying to think of all the characters from the comics and the show.

Spoilers in my thoughts below.

Earlier in the episode during Daryl eating peanut butter scene they show in that room a pair of binoculars and a dark hooded jacket. However I find it unlikely that person would have time to get to Aaron and Rick from the sanctuary, that would be my best guess. Doubt it's a whisperer.

Spoilers in my thoughts below.

Earlier in the episode during Daryl eating peanut butter scene they show in that room a pair of binoculars and a dark hooded jacket. However I find it unlikely that person would have time to get to Aaron and Rick from the sanctuary, that would be my best guess. Doubt it's a whisperer.
didnt it say in the goods even though you won your lost or something like that..... be neat if whoever it was tainted the food and the rest of the stuff with walker blood

didnt it say in the goods even though you won your lost or something like that..... be neat if whoever it was tainted the food and the rest of the stuff with walker blood
This is why I think it's Dwight or someone else in Negan's camp. They know whoever finds this stash is going have to hand it right back over to Negan.

Well the actress playing Sasha has been cast as a lead in star trek discovery. I don't see many of the "main" group taking on two main TV shows at a time. Guess her numbers gonna be called soon.

Well the actress playing Sasha has been cast as a lead in star trek discovery. I don't see many of the "main" group taking on two main TV shows at a time. Guess her numbers gonna be called soon.
I was guessing she was going to go the way of Holly already but this most likely confirms it. There is no way the show wouldn't copy that and it makes sense since Rick is with Michonne (instead of Andrea like in the comics).

I'm guessing boot guy is Beta from the current comic arc. Setting up the beginnings for whatever happens after All Out War. It does seem early though since I would imagine the rest of this season and next season are taken up for Negan.

I was guessing she was going to go the way of Holly already but this most likely confirms it. There is no way the show wouldn't copy that and it makes sense since Rick is with Michonne (instead of Andrea like in the comics).

I'm guessing boot guy is Beta from the current comic arc. Setting up the beginnings for whatever happens after All Out War. It does seem early though since I would imagine the rest of this season and next season are taken up for Negan.
This is what I was thinking.

I just caught up to the mid season finale. I noticed in the news I was right about viewership dropping. The "b" part of this season is going to be good!

It would be funny if these Junkyard people got into the war with Negan and didn't know how to fight. I kinda want to see them get their asses kicked.

I agree. They haven't shown us that they can do diddly squat yet except make demands with a large number of people. Their numbers could all be for show and they could all be like Eugene when it comes to any type of combat.

I don't necessarily want to just see them get their asses kicked, but I feel like Rick proved himself to them and they need to reciprocate and show that they know how to handle themselves and maybe HELP get these guns they so desperately want.

I'm sure they have some survival skills if they lasted this long. I'm going with the theory that they were part of some theater troupe which is why they act and talk so weird.

One problem that Walking Dead is how they broadcast a minor character's death from a mile away. Usually in that episode.

On Sunday after the first 10 minutes, it was completely obvious that 
Benjamin
was going to be killed that episode. Having his brother want to be like him, giving away gifts, and suddenly talking about how there is a girl he likes are all big signs. 

Same thing happened with Noah a few years ago. After being in the background, suddenly an episode starts heavily focusing on him and how he is training to become an engineer/architect to maintain the community, etc. Then 30 minutes later he is caught in the revolving door of death.

One problem that Walking Dead is how they broadcast a minor character's death from a mile away. Usually in that episode.

On Sunday after the first 10 minutes, it was completely obvious that
Benjamin
was going to be killed that episode. Having his brother want to be like him, giving away gifts, and suddenly talking about how there is a girl he likes are all big signs.

Same thing happened with Noah a few years ago. After being in the background, suddenly an episode starts heavily focusing on him and how he is training to become an engineer/architect to maintain the community, etc. Then 30 minutes later he is caught in the revolving door of death.
They either do that or randomly kill off a well liked main character out of nowhere for pure shock value like Tyrese, T Dog, or Glenn.

Rarely do the character deaths make narrative sense. Hershel and Lori are 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

I've been meaning to stay active in this thread but haven't had as much of a chance.  This season has been about the survivor group living under the oppressive thumb of Negan and it's been interesting to watch the group react when they've been accustomed to being the bad asses.  You figure it'd be inevitable otherwise he'd get himself killed but Morgan is finally evolving.  Carol is struggling to find her humanity but it's good to see her back now, Daryl is guilt ridden, Sasha & Rosita seem to find peace within each other, etc.  With so many locations and characters to explore, it can be easy to get lost in the whole direction of the show but I think I still enjoy coming back every Sunday night because I like how they handle the character development.

Last night:

I missed it but what prompted Sasha and Rosita to invade the complex? I remember Eugene mentioning something on the walkie talkie but I was curious why the girls just didn't wait it out up in the tower for the next few days to get another shot at Negan.  I don't see how Sasha gets out of this season alive.  She's going to do the new Star Trek show so it seems perfect timing for her exit but then again Daryl is able to do his other show while keeping up with his TWD commitments so who knows.  I'm thinking Rosita ran into Dwight at the end of the episode. 

I've been meaning to stay active in this thread but haven't had as much of a chance. This season has been about the survivor group living under the oppressive thumb of Negan and it's been interesting to watch the group react when they've been accustomed to being the bad asses. You figure it'd be inevitable otherwise he'd get himself killed but Morgan is finally evolving. Carol is struggling to find her humanity but it's good to see her back now, Daryl is guilt ridden, Sasha & Rosita seem to find peace within each other, etc. With so many locations and characters to explore, it can be easy to get lost in the whole direction of the show but I think I still enjoy coming back every Sunday night because I like how they handle the character development.

Last night:

I missed it but what prompted Sasha and Rosita to invade the complex? I remember Eugene mentioning something on the walkie talkie but I was curious why the girls just didn't wait it out up in the tower for the next few days to get another shot at Negan. I don't see how Sasha gets out of this season alive. She's going to do the new Star Trek show so it seems perfect timing for her exit but then again Daryl is able to do his other show while keeping up with his TWD commitments so who knows. I'm thinking Rosita ran into Dwight at the end of the episode.
i think she ran into whoever was watching rick at the boat.. maybe this person is waiting for a leader to attack negan..

i wonder if all season 8 will be a war or just the start of season 8..

also with Fear starting so late in june i wonder if it be a short season

Fear june to late july then take aug off and run right into season 8

or

fear june to aug and them come back on the mid season 8 break

i think she ran into whoever was watching rick at the boat.. maybe this person is waiting for a leader to attack negan..
I'm guessing Dwight or Daryl. Looked like crossbow and long hair so one or the other. The person who saw them at the boat was one of the trash people according to a few episodes back. I originally thought the boat person was going to be Beta or Alpha from the skinwearing people.

Eugene is still keeping that stuffed animal with him at all times.

I find Simon to be the most intimidating of the Saviors - just waiting for him to do something horrible every time he is there.

I'm guessing Dwight or Daryl. Looked like crossbow and long hair so one or the other. The person who saw them at the boat was one of the trash people according to a few episodes back. I originally thought the boat person was going to be Beta or Alpha from the skinwearing people.

Eugene is still keeping that stuffed animal with him at all times.

I find Simon to be the most intimidating of the Saviors - just waiting for him to do something horrible every time he is there.
yea love that stuff animal

Yeah he is. He's just as intimidating as Negan himself. He's got total control over Hilltop.

I'm guessing Hilltop has it worse since Gregory is such a weak leader, while the Kingdom has Eziekial who is more of an alpha. The fact that they have a meeting spot instead of the Saviors barging in whenever they want speaks volumes.

And why did I just realize the dude playing Simon is Trevor from GTAV?

Not much action in this thread.

I thought the finale was pretty good. Setting up the war for next season.

Sasha's fate was pretty obvious (even if you didn't read the comics), but still came off pretty good.

Rick wasn't that bad, and only made one really dumb mistake that had me scratching me head. That is pretty good for him.

I still really enjoy Walking Dead and think it will probably get a few more seasons before it goes away (unless they decide to end early before it gets super stale). 

It was a decent finale. I wasn't left upset and it is the beginning of all out war.

I think they still need to work on battle sequences. There is a shot where you can see a person just standing still in the background.

Personally I would have parked the garbage trucks in front of the gate for fortification. Carl is apparently rambo and Negan wouldn't have stopped mid swing even with the tiger attack. I would have given the euro  trash guns, but less bullets in case of a betrayal. The deal was for guns, not bullets. The Michone thing was obvious as well (they don't kill main characters off camera) as Sasha's from the foreshadowing/opening scene.

I thought it was a weak season finale. Only one major death but it's been pretty obvious who it is for a while now.  And there's this:

giphy.gif

^^^whats the never-ending loop showing?
Am I missing something obvious?
People with guns walking strait up to their targets and neither side opening fire.

There was a moment where one person was just standing in the background not doing anything.

10-4.
I was curious if that was it and that makes sense---I imagine most people there didnt really want to kill anyone.  

It was a decent finale. I wasn't left upset and it is the beginning of all out war.

I think they still need to work on battle sequences. There is a shot where you can see a person just standing still in the background.

Personally I would have parked the garbage trucks in front of the gate for fortification. Carl is apparently rambo and Negan wouldn't have stopped mid swing even with the tiger attack. I would have given the euro trash guns, but less bullets in case of a betrayal. The deal was for guns, not bullets. The Michone thing was obvious as well (they don't kill main characters off camera) as Sasha's from the foreshadowing/opening scene.
Sophia died off camera. Then we got that awesome season build up to her being in the barn.

Lori was eaten off camera. That's kind of lying being killed off camera hah.

People with guns walking strait up to their targets and neither side opening fire.

There was a moment where one person was just standing in the background not doing anything.
I think part of it is everything was supposed to be happening super fast. The trash people had betrayed and pulled their gun on everyone and at that moment Sasha comes out and drops Negan and everything goes to hell. The main characters start shooting, but the secondaries don't seem to know what is going on and the trash people are still trying to get them rounded up.

Negan didn't want to kill everyone - he only wanted to kill a few with the bat to put the fear of Negan in them. If he kills all the people who will work for him and gather stuff?

Also the trash people want live prisoners for some reason (eat, maybe wear them like a suit, etc.)

I also think it was better for them to hold off on more deaths this week. They already killed off two main characters and some secondary ones this season.

Whatever happened to the new Jack Bauer on 24. Last time I remember seeing him was Oceanside episode. Did he get back to the town with Tara or never come back?

Sophia died off camera. Then we got that awesome season build up to her being in the barn.

Lori was eaten off camera. That's kind of lying being killed off camera hah.
Can't shoot a child on camera, plus there was no mislead with her death (there was no doubt who he was killing). The showrunners made it clear they want major characters to have a heroic death, so anyone major that they use a mislead on is usually fine. They may change that though.

---

We don't know what happened to heath.

Can't shoot a child on camera, plus there was no mislead with her death (there was no doubt who he was killing). The showrunners made it clear they want major characters to have a heroic death, so anyone major that they use a mislead on is usually fine. They may change that though.

---

Didn't they shoot Sophia on camera though? Granted, it's been years, but I feel like I remember that.

---

I was just joking about how she became a zombie off camera and how most of the season was looking for Sophia and then she was in the barn the whole time. Daryl was sure he was going to find her too - but all he found was a Merle hallucination, some ears on a rope and then a bullet when Andrea shot him.

They did straight up shoot zombie Sophia on camera though. When she is walking at Rick you get a full view of Rick holding the gun and dropping her. Then you get the view of her slumped on the ground with a bullet hold going in the front and out the back of here head.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/c/c3/The-Walking-Dead-Season-2-Episode-8-Photos-4.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120222214555

I actually forgot that they showed that much with Sophia.

Speaking of kids getting killed - Sam got a pretty gruesome one. First time I think we ever saw a kid eaten on screen by zombies.

Huh, I thought we talked about this before and they broke up the shot when it aired. I checked youtube and they did shoot her in frame. I was going off of what dorkstarr said :p . I guess a better way to think of it is if a major character is going to die (other than laurie?) They give them a proper sendoff on camera regardless they are human or zombie.

what ever became of that black dude when that women fell into the river when she found oceanside
I've been wondering wtf happened to Heath too. It's like that episode happened and Tara forgot about him or stopped worrying or assumed the worst and gave up.

Now that you guys mention it Heath has been missing for a while now. He's not a major character in the comics but he's still there.

I read that they made him(heath) "missing" until they find out if 24 is going to be a regular thing. 

Otherwise, he'll come back and explain where he has been.

I read that they made him(heath) "missing" until they find out if 24 is going to be a regular thing.

Otherwise, he'll come back and explain where he has been.
That makes sense. Don't want to put your eggs all in one basket. The new 24 may bomb since it has been so long and doesn't have Jack Bauer anymore. If the show doesn't last he is better off being a secondary character or even potentially a main character (if they kill off a few more). It looked like he was on his way to Rosita/Tara level before they wrote him out.

I enjoyed the scene where Rick was so defiant in front of Negan reiterating the death threat.
The group lost Sasha but at least Carol is back with the group.
I'm looking forward to season eight. We need to update the thread title!

I think what we discussed before was that child death scenes are not prohibited but they are are kept at a bare minimum because we as viewers do not want to see that. As a parent myself, if TWD made it a common thing, I would in all likelihood quit watching the show. It would be too uncomfortable for a lot of parent viewers.

i found it weird   that   everyone was being shot    BUT zombie  Sasha  was just allowed to walk away and had to be hunted down and killed later   

Didn't see a new thread, so I figured I'd bump this one...

https://youtu.be/kpWJm2iB18M

But seriously, I don't think Carl is going to die. At no point would he have even encountered a walker. The only possible place would have been in the sewer, but if Sadiq has been living down there, I'm sure he would have had it fairly well cleaned out.

He had Sadiq bite him to scare Rick straight. Calling it now.

Wouldn't it have been
When they were fighting the Walkers in the forest the previous episode? (they could be pulling a Glenn dumpster situation though)

Comic spoiler regarding Carl and a possible outcome
suspicion is that Carl was bitten by a Whisperer. I guess it would make sense, though I don't know how that fits with Gimple's "it plays out as bites play out" nonsense. Honestly though, my excitement for the Whisperers has been dampened by the bullshit, completely useless trash heap people. I said from the moment they were revealed they're way too similar to the Whisperers. And Jadiss is a piece of shit for ruining that strong, animalistic female leader archetype.

Hey, Rick. Why don't you go ask them for help one more time. I'm sure it will work out next time.

bread's done
Back