Wall Street Protesters

BOSTON (CBS) – Three people arrested Thursday night inside the Occupy Boston camp have been charged with dealing crack cocaine.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Carl Stevens, who spent the night at the camp a few weeks ago, talked to a man who spends most nights at Occupy Boston. He said things have gone downhill.

“Things have changed drastically. It seems to be deteriorating,” the man told Carl. “A lot of drug use, alcohol use, people getting into fights… It’s deteriorating pretty quick.”

WBZ NewsRadio 1030′s Carl Stevens reports

There’s a growing concern among police that people getting out of prison are coming here for the free food and shelter.
Mayor Menino’s sentiment reflects that concern.
“They have a message that’s not a clear message. The problem we have today is that we have different groups infiltrating the people who have the message. We have anarchists who are part of the group. We have homeless individuals who are part of the group,” Menino told WBZ NewsRadio 1030.

Carl Stevens’ report on conditions the homeless are dealing with at
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/11/04/3-charged-with-dealing-crack-occupy-boston-deteriorating/

A woman at the Occupy Vancouver camp died Saturday after being discovered in an "unresponsive" condition, police say. A Canadian protest organizer said it appeared to be due to a drug overdose.

The cause of death has not been determined but there is no evidence to indicate foul play, police said.

The woman in her 20s was found in a tent by another protester. Paramedics took her to a hospital where she was pronounced dead,

Vancouver police said in a statement.

Lauren Gill, an organizer at the camp, said the woman apparently died of a drug overdose.
She said the death highlights the need for more addiction services because drugs are such a big issue in the city.

Gill, who is running as an independent in this month's city elections, said that as an outreach worker in mental health and addiction services, she has seen far too many overdose deaths.
On Saturday, tensions seem to be growing at the site, where one television camera operator was knocked to the ground and some protesters began hassling reporters.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/woman-dies-occupy-vancouver-site-14890400#.TrrMB7JZr0Q

@bic - You realize how ineffective what you are doing is dont you? Annoying the piss out of people is not a good way to get your message(propaganda)across. If your going to do it you should at least be at yahoo news or someplace where it wont get moderated in 20 minutes and where the average users IQ is 20-30 points lower.

[quote name='depascal22']Peaceful revolution is impossible. Peaceful change is voting the other party into power. Revolution is telling members of both parties that they better find refuge in another country or they're getting the guillotine.[/QUOTE]

Here is your revolution, getting run over by a mercedes.

:applause:

(11-02) 23:05 PDT OAKLAND -- A car struck two Occupy Oakland protesters tonight as they marched with a crowd along Broadway, and an angry mob surrounded the car as emergency workers tended to the injured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q27cW8_YlBs

[quote name='MSI Magus']@bic - You realize how ineffective what you are doing is dont you? Annoying the piss out of people is not a good way to get your message(propaganda)across. If your going to do it you should at least be at yahoo news or someplace where it wont get moderated in 20 minutes and where the average users IQ is 20-30 points lower.[/QUOTE]

What is there to moderate? These things happened and sources were provided. Uh, deal with it?

Stop whining and report me already.

[quote name='bic']What is there to moderate? These things happened and sources were provided. Uh, deal with it?

Stop whining and report me already.[/QUOTE]

You dont need to flood a board to make a point. Make one post, put all your little links together and speak your mind.

When you flood a board all you are trying to do is delay the inevitable.

Occupy Wall Street builds tent as 'safe house' to protect female protesters

Spurred by a spate of sex attacks in Zuccotti Park, Occupy Wall Street protesters built a “safe house” for women on Friday.
The 16-square-foot military frame tent is designed to shelter up to 30 women from the predators lurking around the lower Manhattan encampment.

“It will be used to protect ourselves from people out there,” said Nan Terrie, 17, a protester from East Oakland Park, Fla. “I’m sick and tired of women getting taken advantage of, raped and murdered.

“We need to take charge. We can make it happen without men telling us what to do,” said Terrie, who heads a protester subcommittee called Strong Women Rules.

Terrie said the tent, erected along the southern edge of the park near Cedar St., will be outfitted with bunk beds, drawers and a welcome table. A second tent will house a computer.

“I think it’s a great idea, especially for a movement like ours, to show we’re supporting each other,” said Bieje Chapman, 37, of Park Slope.
“Certainly women are the first target for any type of crazies, but I live in Park Slope, and the rapists there are more scary. I feel safer here.”
The seven-week-old movement has been beset by a slew of crimes inside Zuccotti Park in recent weeks.

In one of the more alarming incidents, 26-year-old Tonye Iketubosin was charged with sex abuse after allegedly groping an 18-year-old woman.
Some protesters have blamed cops for taking a hands-off approach to crimes committed inside the park. Mayor Bloomberg said the demonstrators do not report crimes to the police, allowing predators to remain on the streets.

Also Friday, the top charge against David Suker, 43, a Bronx public school teacher who police said had tussled with a cop during a Wednesday march, was lowered from attempted assault, a felony, to reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ale-protesters-article-1.972546#ixzz1dEm7NIN6

[quote name='bic']What is there to moderate? These things happened and sources were provided. Uh, deal with it?

Stop whining and report me already.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you clap for people who were run over?

Copying and pasting the same article twice.
Championing people getting run over.
Being a nuisance.

Oh you better believe that's a paddlin'.

[quote name='Msut77']Didn't you clap for people who were run over?[/QUOTE]

I clapped for the life lesson it taught me.

Don't stand in front of someone's car and bang on the hood and taunt them Doing this all but insures you won't get run over.

I also clapped for the latest recipient of the darwin award. Good times.

[quote name='Strell']Copying and pasting the same article twice.
Championing people getting run over.
Being a nuisance.

Oh you better believe that's a paddlin'.[/QUOTE]

Two different articles.

Here is a new incident for your reading pleasure, though.

In a move that infuriated some Occupy Boston protesters, Boston police on Tuesday arrested an Occupy Boston protester after she allegedly sold $20 worth of prescription drugs to undercover police.

Martina “Mama” Martin was taken into custody near the tent that supplies clothes to the protesters, who have been living in a tent city in Dewey Square since last month. In a report, police said they had seen an increase in illegal drug activity in the downtown area, which they attributed to the arrival of the Occupy Boston encampment.

Acting on a tip that a man and woman inside the group’s clothes tent were selling Xanax illegally, undercover officers successfully bought 10 Xanax pills for $20 from Martin, who shared a group hug with undercover officers after the transaction and told them to call her “Mama.’’

Martin did not struggle with police, but as officers took her into custody, her fellow protesters angrily surrounded the officers while shouting obscenities at them. Police called in reinforcements, but the tensions eventually subsided between protesters and police.

Police tried to recover the marked money they allegedly paid to Martin, but were unable to locate it, according to the report. Martin was scheduled to be arraigned today on charges of distributing Class C drugs and possession with intent to distribute within 100 feet of the Rose Kennedy Fitzgerald Greenway.

Police said in the report that the pills were prescribed to Martin, dispensed by a pharmacist on Oct. 31....

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...ce-officers/Hfbs8eyP65r5FqrWdycqfN/index.html

I'm just waiting for the pedo mayor of Portland to stop issuing warnings and finally remove the occupiers.

He keeps acting like they're spoiled children "Now, I'll tell you one more time not to do that, and then I'll send you to your room. Okay, I'll tell you one more time again. Okay, next time you do that...."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/11/molotov_cocktain_suspect_retur.html

I also just love how many committees the group has. And the fact they're trying to do things by general consensus. :eyeroll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bic']I clapped for the life lesson it taught me.

Don't stand in front of someone's car and bang on the hood and taunt them Doing this all but insures you won't get run over.

I also clapped for the latest recipient of the darwin award. Good times.[/QUOTE]

You aren't a very good bullshit artist.

bob has been dropping links and walking away for a while now, this guy is just taking it to a new level.

[quote name='Clak']bob has been dropping links and walking away for a while now, this guy is just taking it to a new level.[/QUOTE]

While not very common bob also can be unpartisan from time to time and show maturity. This guy just seems to be like ultra crack pot conservative and is trying to get something going. I know many of you dont like bob and I myself dont agree with him 90% of the time, but at least he has moments where he tries to actually debate and at least he has an issue here or there where he doesnt toe party line.

[quote name='Clak']bob has been dropping links and walking away for a while now, this guy is just taking it to a new level.[/QUOTE]
At least bob posted the oak fo sho streams of occupy oakland.

Anymore heroin overdoses?

We've got an attack on a news crew: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNjQuHeYlJg&feature=player_embedded

Harassment by protesters on business owners: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/occupiers_terrorize_us_eatery_o4dKzxi3n03WyJWAJu4AhO

A small business owner had to lay off 21 workers due to disruptions: http://www.dnainfo.com/20111101/dow...-off-21-workers-because-of-occupy-wall-street

Shitting on vendors, literally: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011...ing-after-occupy-group-splatters-blood-urine/

Racism comes very easy to the 99%: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEcXvy2I1yw

There is a general lack of respect for freedom of the press, whether professional or amateur: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/11/occupy_wall_str_25.php

Photography is Not a Crime has been covering some attacks against independent/amateur journalists. http://www.pixiq.com/article/occupy-san-diego-activists-attack-woman-recording-them

I think what started as a protest without direction but good intentions has been hijacked by the worst in society.

[quote name='MSI Magus']He isnt at all like bob, more like Knoell.[/QUOTE]

Bic so far pulls the same shit of not replying to any substance but obsessing over anything that can be considered an insult.

[quote name='mykevermin']But when you have one group of people who fundamentally believe that a deregulated market economy is what is needed to cure corporations of their corruption and greed, and the other group believes those are precisely the conditions that lead to expanded corruption and greed - well, where is there room for compromise?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for the Tea Party movement - but, in my own, personal opinion, it's not that we need "less regulation" or "more regulation". Those who blindly chant "More regulation will fix everything!" are as ignorant as those who chant "The free market will fix everything!"

I know everyone loves my analogies, so bear with me on this.

There's a fairly popular highway that connects two small cities in two different states. About an hour drive. Long, flat, clear road. Speed Limit is 55 - but, because it's a boring drive, everyone goes 65-75 (or faster). Because of the location, obviously the city police department can't enforce the speed limit. County and state boys don't care to go out there, as it's rather far out of the way, rather boring and they're already stretched thin due to budget cuts.

So, there's a couple of accidents a month - usually minor, maybe a fatal one every year.

The "More regulations!" people would be akin to saying "Well, obviously we need to lower the speed limit to 45! These people are driving too fast!"

The "Free market" or "Less regulation" people might make claims akin to letting Darwin sort things out or citing studies that show there are less accidents when you increase the speed limit, so the speed limit should go to 65.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here facepalming myself - there's already a speed limit - changing it isn't going to do a bit of good - and doing nothing isn't the answer... why can't we just enforce the current speed limit? Sure, you'll still have the occasional driver racing down the highway, but once people realize the speed limit is starting to be enforced, they'll shape up.

It's like the BP thing - people cite all the things that weren't done right leading up to the oil spill, then use that as reasoning for why we need more regulation. If that stuff isn't being enforced already, what the heck is more regulation going to do? Create more stuff that doesn't get enforced?

More effectual regulation and enforcement.

[quote name='UncleBob']I can't speak for the Tea Party movement - but, in my own, personal opinion, it's not that we need "less regulation" or "more regulation". Those who blindly chant "More regulation will fix everything!" are as ignorant as those who chant "The free market will fix everything!"

I know everyone loves my analogies, so bear with me on this.

There's a fairly popular highway that connects two small cities in two different states. About an hour drive. Long, flat, clear road. Speed Limit is 55 - but, because it's a boring drive, everyone goes 65-75 (or faster). Because of the location, obviously the city police department can't enforce the speed limit. County and state boys don't care to go out there, as it's rather far out of the way, rather boring and they're already stretched thin due to budget cuts.

So, there's a couple of accidents a month - usually minor, maybe a fatal one every year.

The "More regulations!" people would be akin to saying "Well, obviously we need to lower the speed limit to 45! These people are driving too fast!"

The "Free market" or "Less regulation" people might make claims akin to letting Darwin sort things out or citing studies that show there are less accidents when you increase the speed limit, so the speed limit should go to 65.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here facepalming myself - there's already a speed limit - changing it isn't going to do a bit of good - and doing nothing isn't the answer... why can't we just enforce the current speed limit? Sure, you'll still have the occasional driver racing down the highway, but once people realize the speed limit is starting to be enforced, they'll shape up.

It's like the BP thing - people cite all the things that weren't done right leading up to the oil spill, then use that as reasoning for why we need more regulation. If that stuff isn't being enforced already, what the heck is more regulation going to do? Create more stuff that doesn't get enforced?

More effectual regulation and enforcement.[/QUOTE]
Beyond your overly simplistic analogy, you DO realize that regulations have been striped, neutered, and eliminated, which allowed the financial industry to "regulate" itself right? The same thing goes for the BP example. It's not a matter of one or two things; it's the cummulative effect of small, and sometimes big things, that allow for huge disasters in the economy, environment, and society.

Pointing your finger at the government while supporting politicians and policies that are supported by corporations and allow those corporations to have the disproportionate influence is exactly what conservatives do. The conservatives are the ones leading the charge to dismantle social safety nets, governmental regulations, and the progressive tax code; not the liberals.

Stable society is grounded in the social contract; not every man for himself.

[quote name='dohdough']Beyond your overly simplistic analogy, you DO realize that regulations have been striped, neutered, and eliminated, which allowed the financial industry to "regulate" itself right? The same thing goes for the BP example. It's not a matter of one or two things; it's the cummulative effect of small, and sometimes big things, that allow for huge disasters in the economy, environment, and society.

Pointing your finger at the government while supporting politicians and policies that are supported by corporations and allow those corporations to have the disproportionate influence is exactly what conservatives do. The conservatives are the ones leading the charge to dismantle social safety nets, governmental regulations, and the progressive tax code; not the liberals.

Stable society is grounded in the social contract; not every man for himself.[/QUOTE]

To use a better analogy baggers throw themselves in front of train tracks and then bitch about trains not going any where.

[quote name='dohdough']The conservatives are the ones leading the charge to dismantle social safety nets, governmental regulations, and the progressive tax code; not the liberals.[/QUOTE]

social safety net ≠ government regulation ≠ tax code.

Stable society is grounded in the social contract; not every man for himself.

Likewise, a stable society cannot exist if every man is expecting every other man to take care of his needs.

Happy medium.

[quote name='UncleBob']social safety net ≠ government regulation ≠ tax code.[/QUOTE]
I never said they were equivalent, but they're closely related. There's plenty of meat in the rest of the post to address and you focused on this? Gimme a break.

Likewise, a stable society cannot exist if every man is expecting every other man to take care of his needs.
Actually, that's exactly what a complex and large society that has over 7,000,000,000 should expect. Natural resources are not evenly distributed and not all the land is arable or livable.

Happy medium.
I don't think you know what medium means.

[quote name='dohdough']I never said they were equivalent, but they're closely related. There's plenty of meat in the rest of the post to address and you focused on this? Gimme a break.

Actually, that's exactly what a complex and large society that has over 7,000,000,000 should expect. Natural resources are not evenly distributed and not all the land is arable or livable.

I don't think you know what medium means.[/QUOTE]

All you will get is strawmen, obfuscation and lies from trolls.

There's a massive flaw in the highway analogy. Mine would be more like:

There's a highway connecting two far away cities, with nothing in between. The highway has at least two lanes -- both of them are at 60 mph.

A decade pass, and everyone in the left lane is going at 100 mph. Cops police this highway, but they go at 100 mph themselves. In reality, they never catch people speeding if they're going at exactly 100 mph, but on occasion, do catch people going faster.

Everyone who uses the fast lane claim the system works, because they have instances of people being caught going over 100 mph. They want to raise the speed limit to 90 mph, because the people caught were all going over 100 mph, so there's no reason to limit people to only 60 mph.

The drivers in the other lane, however, see all the people going 100 mph getting away scott free, and ask for the police to also be stationary, so they won't miss everyone speeding at 100 mph.

Add to that, people in the other lanes frequently get killed, because of these reckless speeders. They add to the voice about more police, and goes so far as quiting their jobs and camping out by the highway.

Meanwhile, the speeders say because there are less of them, and they're the ones using the left lanes, their maintenance costs for the left lane costs more per capita than the other lanes, which have more traffic. The people on the far right lane say they go so slow, that they shouldn't have to pay for maintenance. Somewhere in that decade, the middle lanes ended up paying for the right lane's maintenance, and to repair potholes in the left lanes.

The moral of the story of that I didn't have enough coffee today.

[quote name='Clak']Isn't there a chance the track could bend with those things, though?[/QUOTE]

Mono.... doh...

Pair Living With Occupy Boston Protesters Arrested For Selling Heroin

BOSTON (CBS) – A man and woman were arrested in Dewey Square for allegedly selling heroin to an undercover police officer.

Thirty-four-year-old Isaac Bell and 31-year-old Charlene Dumont both face drug charges. The two were living in a tent with Occupy Boston protesters on the Rose Kennedy Greenway.
Boston Police officers had been aware of drug activity in the park, and went in to investigate.

According to police, an undercover officer bought heroin from Bell in the men’s bathroom at South Station. Uniformed officers arrested Bell when he returned to his tent in Dewey Square.

Officers recovered the money used to buy the drugs as well as a small bag of heroin and empty plastic bags.
Dumont was arrested for her alleged role in the drug deals. Dumont and Bell were ordered to stay away from the Occupy Boston encampment.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/...oston-protesters-arrested-for-selling-heroin/

Portland mayor finally decides to kick the Occupiers out. (Uh,by Saturday at midnight. Please?)

City hall then locks its doors and cowers in fear.

Local news starts covering it live on the news at noon.
(Protesters in the background "Down with Corporate Media!" - Morons. Who else would cover this, but your local news station. Corporate Media Pffh.)

That's okay, the Occupiers really got out a clear cohesive message, and got all their demands met.

[quote name='bic']http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/...oston-protesters-arrested-for-selling-heroin/[/QUOTE]

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/11...t-Call-of-Duty/UPI-76161320917400/?dailybrief

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/artic..._beats_man_at_cod_man_beats_teen_in_real_life

People who played Call of Duty committed Crimes, Call of Duty is a video game thus everyone that plays video games is a violent offender. I hope the cops come and arrest you and your violent lawless friends tonight bic!

[quote name='dohdough']I don't think you know what medium means.[/QUOTE]

larger than small, smaller than large?
A happy medium is the Sara Rue WW ad where she had lost 35lbs, that extra 20 she lost makes her look funny which is sad.

I kid because I love. But she does look a little weird...

It's safer to say that all people who play CoD are the problem, because they are. Or at least they were the problem that made BF3 unbearable until yesterday when it was much more fun.

Coke creep busted at 'Occupy' park

Now, he’s occupying a jail cell.

A drug dealer was busted trying to peddle cocaine last night to Occupy Wall Street protesters in Zuccotti Park, The Post has learned.
Garfield Leslie, 19, began brawling with three protestors who had told him to leave their tent when he wandered in at around 8 p.m. and tried to sell small plastic baggies of cocaine, police sources said.

Leslie first punched a woman several times and then turned his fists on a guy who intervened, sources said. When another woman tried to stop the scuffle, Leslie allegedly hit her so hard in the chest she fell to the ground and injured her wrist, sources added.

The victims informed police officers assigned to a detail monitoring the park about their run-in with Leslie and the officers soon found the suspect walking around the encampment, allegedly still trying to deal drugs, sources said.

Leslie, of Brooklyn, was arrested and charged with felony assault, misdemeanor assault and drug possession.
Records show that Leslie was previously arrested four times over the summer.
On June 4, he was busted selling narcotics on a platform inside the West 4th Street subway station at Sixth Avenue, sources said.

Then, on July 15, Leslie allegedly cursed out an NYPD precinct commander who had instructed him to stop sleeping on a bench near Union Square Park.

When officers searched Leslie, they found drug paraphernalia including marijuana pipes and 38 baggies of cocaine, sources added.
Four day later, he was handcuffed again after cops found him allegedly passed out on milk crates he had erected near the park on Union Square East.
And, on Aug 12, Leslie was collared at the Winthrop Street station in Brooklyn for illegally passing between the subway cars of a moving train, sources said. The arresting officer allegedly discovered cocaine stashed in Leslie’s shirt pocket.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...upy_park_5zcmdVru51RTpS8Z04avOP#ixzz1dKu2B1ov

Bear eats Republican in forest

Sources claim a bear attacked a Republican group that had ventured into the woods for undisclosed reasons.

"Clearly, the bear - as an agent of the forest - is assaulting our political ideology, and is a subset of the greater war the Earth goddess Gaia herself harbors against our dogmatic principles," a Republican was quoted as saying.

Further measures have been enacted to safeguard all Republicans against the forces of nature, including suing God, the Universe, and Every Goddamned Thing in it.
http://www.iwonderifyoureallythinkthisisreal.com/holyshitgetaloadofthisguy

Oh, my turn!!

Since we're venturing in to the realm of awesome sources.

The Naked Apes of Occupy Wall Street

And what have you? You have a naked ape. A protester against corporate greed, an advocate of expropriating wealth and the means of production. A frightening, noisy, intimidating mob stripped of everything they are protesting against.

While immersed in the 1920’s to complete my latest detective novel, chickens came home to roost on Wall Street. Also, wannabe hippies, yippies, union thugs, and the countless clueless who went to “occupy” Wall Street because they had nothing better to do. I watched and read with dismay the trashing of that short but great street as hundreds, then thousands blocked it, trashed it, yelled at it, probably urinated on it, and then camped out on Zuccotti Park. Or rather, took it over.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the “Duke of New York,” has not ordered the police to clear out the park. He has not called in companies of riot police armed with shields, batons, and Mace. He has not brought in fire engines to hose the barbarians, not so much to give them much needed baths, as to drive them off into custody. But then Bloomberg endorses the Ground Zero Mosque. Perhaps he likes the new “Camp of the Saints.”

http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/m...628-the-naked-apes-of-occupy-wall-street.html

I want to find out bic is an alt by Unclebob that he's only playing up for a few days so we can suddenly think UB is good by comparison.

It might actually work.

[quote name='Strell']I want to find out bic is an alt by Unclebob that he's only playing up for a few days so we can suddenly think UB is good by comparison.

It might actually work.[/QUOTE]

Who is this Uncle Robert I hear such high praise for? Sounds like an awesome dude.

Anyway, not sorry my posts don't blend in with the groupthink that is so prevalent on this part of CAG.

Get used to it. :applause:

Gotta run.

bread's done
Back