Walmart: 2/$30 (SR3:TFP BatmanAA:GOTY GoW:OC ICO/SotC) Halo4+1yr XBL $70, 12m XBL $40

iRandom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
271 (100%)
Xbox 360 | PlayStation 3 | Nintendo Wii U | Nintendo Wii | Nintendo DS & Dsi | Nintendo 3DS | PlayStation Vita | Accessories | PC Gaming

12 Month Xbox LIVE GOLD Membership $39.96

Value Bundles

Xbox 360 2-for-$30 Video Game Bundle - $30.00[Customspoiler=List of Games]Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Saints Row The Third: The Full Package, Midway Arcade Origins, Final Fantasy XIII-2...[/Customspoiler]
Your Choice Halo 4 or Forza Horizon Game with Xbox Live 12 Month Card (Xbox 360) - $69.96
Sony PS3 Favorites 2-for-$30 Value Game Bundle - $30.00[Customspoiler=List of Games]God of War Origins Collection, ICO / Shadow of the Colossus, LBP: SE, Jak & Daxter HD Collection....[/Customspoiler]
2 For $50 Gamer's Bundle (Your Choice PS3 or Xbox) - $50.00[Customspoiler=List of Games]Red Dead Redemption: GOTY, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Black Ops: LE, God of War Saga, Fallout New Vegas: UE....[/Customspoiler]

Pre-Orders (w/ $20 eGift card)

Bargain Bins

Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition Xbox 360 $14.00
Brink Xbox 360 Pre-Owned $3.96
Deus EX Human Revolution (PS3) $15

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it's actually dropped a buck in price. Too bad it's sold out online. My local Walmart doesn't price match the website. :(

Buy this game. It's fantastic. I already own the vanilla copy with all DLC and loved it.

Would love to have it on PS3 so I can replay it for trophies.

Wow! Glad to see this got such a good response. Wasn't sure if I should make a thread for it or not, I'm glad iRandom did.

It's odd that in 50+ posts not a single person crapping on the game (I actually really liked it) however if my memory serves me right when the game was first released people were bitching about textures and the look of the grass (among many other things).

[quote name='Agent Orange']Crap. My order from last night was cancelled. Tried another one today at a different store, and it's also just now been cancelled. WTF is wrong with Wal-Mart?

I bet if I go to a store it will be right there. Just the employees are too lazy to look. Is this a new thing for Wal-Mart? I've done site-to-store before, but that usually means the item gets SHIPPED to the store (for free) for me to go in to pick up. I was not aware in the past of them having something immediately available for pick-up. So far it seems like a major fail though.[/QUOTE]

When this initially got rolled-out on us last year it was a separate option on the site (with its own little icon) called "Pickup Today", (our in-store program still calls it that on our screens) what possessed them to lump it all together as "Site-to-Store," I don't know. Probably blame the cretins that regularly shop WM and can't wrap their head around too many different terms at once though.

On the brightside though, if the only option was Site-to-Store or Ship-to-Home then there would have been NO option to get it since, as you said StS comes directly from the warehouses and this had been sold out online a lot sooner than it is/was available for pickup at the stores. I guess.

[quote name='Midnight Express']Thanks for the heads up, my store has it listed for $8.86![/QUOTE]Same here. But I'm still hesitant to order due to my backlog...plus I already have the base game on OnLive. I'll probably do what I always do and not make up my mind until the option has passed for good. Really, I don't need another game right now. But...$8.86 + tax...

I'll just take a cue from my avatar and roll a d20.

I ordered one for pickup at the Walmart in my town yesterday that was canceled. I'm going to the next town over today so I changed the store and ordered again at the new lower price. That one is waiting for me to pick up at the Walmart I will be driving right past. Luckiest cancel ever. :)

[quote name='GBAstar']It's odd that in 50+ posts not a single person crapping on the game (I actually really liked it) however if my memory serves me right when the game was first released people were bitching about textures and the look of the grass (among many other things).[/QUOTE]

surprising too considering i thought it was good but not great

sometimes i think when a game like this doesn't get a lot of hype nobody has to tell you they didn't like it, the more popular something is the more haters it has

i think the texture and grass problem was for the ps3 version

At that price, I'll try it out...hopefully my pickup doesn't get canceled.

Edit: Order got canceled ugh.

Looks like it's back in stock again, now at $9.26. Free shipping with site-to-store.

Hopefully this one works out. The stores cancelled all my previous orders, but this one seems like it will be "shipped" as a site-to-store that I was more accustomed to.

I definitely saw a copy of this at my local store over the weekend. It was on the shelf with some of the more older games encased in a plastic security case. I was there to PM Borderlands 2 and didn't think to scan it.

Would it likely scan for the same price in-store?

It is times like this I turn around and look at my bookcase of games and wonder why the heck do I keep buying games. I bought Mafia II 2 years ago (used collector's edition) for $13.91 and then another 800 points (sale) on the DLC and I have NEVER played the game...EVER. I did sell the CD and artbook for $6 (after fees) so in the end I paid roughly $13 for this game (MS points for cheap). I do have a nice steelcase for the game so I guess it is a plus. Maybe not the best example but I am sure I could go through my shelf I find dozens of others just like this.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Would it likely scan for the same price in-store?[/QUOTE]Don't think so. I only recall one person in this thread getting it at the store for this price and he had to have them pricematch it...which typically fails, but he got lucky.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I definitely saw a copy of this at my local store over the weekend. It was on the shelf with some of the more older games encased in a plastic security case. I was there to PM Borderlands 2 and didn't think to scan it.

Would it likely scan for the same price in-store?[/QUOTE]

At my local Walmart it rang up at 19.99 and they would not price match.

They stated they dont price match online ads/prices.

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is times like this I turn around and look at my bookcase of games and wonder why the heck do I keep buying games. I bought Mafia II 2 years ago (used collector's edition) for $13.91 and then another 800 points (sale) on the DLC and I have NEVER played the game...EVER. I did sell the CD and artbook for $6 (after fees) so in the end I paid roughly $13 for this game (MS points for cheap). I do have a nice steelcase for the game so I guess it is a plus. Maybe not the best example but I am sure I could go through my shelf I find dozens of others just like this.[/QUOTE]
I've finally gotten around to playing my copy. It's pretty good, although people on this site have probably overhyped it from comments I've read over the months. If you don't care about collectibles or 1000/1000 it's a pretty short play - there aren't really any side missions or anything, just annoying collectibles. I'd say move it up the priority list in the backlog - the story and characters are worth it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is times like this I turn around and look at my bookcase of games and wonder why the heck do I keep buying games. I bought Mafia II 2 years ago (used collector's edition) for $13.91 and then another 800 points (sale) on the DLC and I have NEVER played the game...EVER. I did sell the CD and artbook for $6 (after fees) so in the end I paid roughly $13 for this game (MS points for cheap). I do have a nice steelcase for the game so I guess it is a plus. Maybe not the best example but I am sure I could go through my shelf I find dozens of others just like this.[/QUOTE]

Hey at least you only paid a little bit for it. I wouldn't feel too bad because you could at least probably still get $10 for it (maybe the full $13+ if you also sell your steelbook).

I'm sure I still have a few games I paid FULL PRICE for, that I've had for 3+ years and not opened yet. So they have depreciated from like $60 down to $10. It's pretty sickening to look at games like that where you know you just wasted money AND not played them. Obviously I intended to play them, but for one reason or another I find that some games in my backlog just got entirely "passed by" while I started playing newer ones.

You are me...

i have a sealed CE and now a sealed PH of this. at least i have all the content. i'm hoping i can sell the PH for at least 5-10 bucks, making it worth getting for the dlc.

Hooray, back in stock and it let me order it Site-to-Store!

As others have pointed out already, these S-t-S look to be legit ones being shipped from warehouses, so assuming they didn't accidentally mark hundreds of ghost copies as being legit ones, then we should be safe from cancellations. :whee:

[quote name='tukai']Ordered 1 also. I would pay for triple shipping to my home to avoid free pick up at my local wal marts[/QUOTE]

Lol, I did ship to store and am already not looking forward to picking it up at my local walmart. I should of coughed up the extra $2 or whatever, oh well.

[quote name='titanzguard']At my local Walmart it rang up at 19.99 and they would not price match.

They stated they dont price match online ads/prices.[/QUOTE]

Don't go by the store locator. I went to five stores, one store stated it was in stock, the rest had limited stock, not ONE store had the item in stock and then one lady told me that many of these get stolen because they are on the open case and they can't keep track of the inventory?

If you want it, order it now...don't bet on the store having it....or even price matching themselves?

I ordered one and will try to see if best buy will price match....

[quote name='Stimes']Lol, I did ship to store and am already not looking forward to picking it up at my local walmart. I should of coughed up the extra $2 or whatever, oh well.[/QUOTE]

I am not a fan of Wal-Mart, and rarely actually ship there - at least not for groceries or anything I'm buying on a weekly basis.

But it's on the way, so what the hell. Might as well save $2. Most of the time it works out just fine. The pickup at my wal-mart is in the photo lab, so it's not like there is a line (actually the only issue is if there is nobody back there at all, and I have to hunt somebody down to help me, but most of the time I'm in and out in 10 minutes..)

The add-ons are on a second disc. So if you have the game already(like I do) you just install the content off the disc, no codes needed. I price matched at target and will unload the dlc content and resell the set.

[quote name='Agent Orange']I am not a fan of Wal-Mart, and rarely actually ship there - at least not for groceries or anything I'm buying on a weekly basis.

But it's on the way, so what the hell. Might as well save $2. Most of the time it works out just fine. The pickup at my wal-mart is in the photo lab, so it's not like there is a line (actually the only issue is if there is nobody back there at all, and I have to hunt somebody down to help me, but most of the time I'm in and out in 10 minutes..)[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. My choices are either a Wal-Mart that's constantly packed and has a 30-45 minute wait for store pick up or a Wal-Mart that never has anyone working in the store pickup area so I have to wait a good 10-15 minutes for someone to just show up. It's really annoying =/

Am I missing something here? These are selling for about $23 on eBay. After fees, that's about $10 for each copy. Might be like 5 of these and flip them.

[quote name='minimidgy']Am I missing something here? These are selling for about $23 on eBay. After fees, that's about $10 for each copy. Might be like 5 of these and flip them.[/QUOTE]

Heck yeah. Make that money...

[quote name='minimidgy']Am I missing something here? These are selling for about $23 on eBay. After fees, that's about $10 for each copy. Might be like 5 of these and flip them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're missing that it's actually a pretty good game to play ;)

i liked the game but it was very linear. asides from it's missions, there no other content (Not counting dlc). i played vanilla. you ca free roam but there isn't much to do

Ordered Sunday for $8.86 and picked up today. Two hours after I picked up, I received an email from Walmart:

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com purchase. We have made a payment adjustment to this order related to the following items:

================================================
Mafia II PH (Xbox 360)
Qty: 1

================================================

A credit in the amount of $9.59 has been issued to the payment method you used for this purchase.

If you paid by:

Credit or Debit Card: The credit should appear on your statement within two billing cycles.

Gift Card: Funds will be credited back to the original Gift Card. If you no longer have this card, please contact us at 1-800-966-6546.

Bill Me Later: The credit should appear on your next statement.

PayPal: A refund has been issued to your PayPal account. The funds should be available within 10 business days.

Track the status of any remaining items by visiting the Order Details page:

https://www.walmart.com/cservice/ph_datail.gsp?order_id=xxxxxxx

If you have any questions, please reply to this email and let us know how we can help.

Sincerely,

Your Walmart.com Customer Service Team

Guess time will tell, but I did store pickup and didn't have to pay in store, so I have no idea why they are crediting me the purchase price.

Ok this sucks the DLC disc is not working. It's says it's unreadable or just goes to a Xbox live screen and freezes.

Thanks OP!

Snagged Mafia II and the Dreamcast Collection for $20 and change to my house.
Awesome! ��

I just used TWO of the $5 video game reservation cards that I picked up on Sunday (with the $4.99 VUDU credit) and the $8.36 price with tax came to a grand total of $9.05. So I've got a 95 cent balance on one the cards and $5 on a 3rd. :) ....and $14.97 credit on my VUDU account(s). ;)

These "pre-orders" are now sold in-store only.

bread's done
Back