Walmart: 2/$30 (SR3:TFP BatmanAA:GOTY GoW:OC ICO/SotC) Halo4+1yr XBL $70, 12m XBL $40

iRandom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
271 (100%)
Xbox 360 | PlayStation 3 | Nintendo Wii U | Nintendo Wii | Nintendo DS & Dsi | Nintendo 3DS | PlayStation Vita | Accessories | PC Gaming

12 Month Xbox LIVE GOLD Membership $39.96

Value Bundles

Xbox 360 2-for-$30 Video Game Bundle - $30.00[Customspoiler=List of Games]Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Saints Row The Third: The Full Package, Midway Arcade Origins, Final Fantasy XIII-2...[/Customspoiler]
Your Choice Halo 4 or Forza Horizon Game with Xbox Live 12 Month Card (Xbox 360) - $69.96
Sony PS3 Favorites 2-for-$30 Value Game Bundle - $30.00[Customspoiler=List of Games]God of War Origins Collection, ICO / Shadow of the Colossus, LBP: SE, Jak & Daxter HD Collection....[/Customspoiler]
2 For $50 Gamer's Bundle (Your Choice PS3 or Xbox) - $50.00[Customspoiler=List of Games]Red Dead Redemption: GOTY, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Black Ops: LE, God of War Saga, Fallout New Vegas: UE....[/Customspoiler]

Pre-Orders (w/ $20 eGift card)

Bargain Bins

Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition Xbox 360 $14.00
Brink Xbox 360 Pre-Owned $3.96
Deus EX Human Revolution (PS3) $15

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Agent Orange'](actually the only issue is if there is nobody back there at all, and I have to hunt somebody down to help me, but most of the time I'm in and out in 10 minutes..)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkRider23']... never has anyone working in the store pickup area so I have to wait a good 10-15 minutes for someone to just show up. It's really annoying =/[/QUOTE]

Don't you guys have touchscreen-assistance on the registers back in your Site-to-Store areas? Ours (and our neighboring WM) has HUMONGOUS signs in the shape of arrows directing customers to touch the credit card readers to page a CSM's palmpilot... not that anyone notices the sign, despite it nearly touching their faces when they stand there waiting for magic fairies to randomly summon an associate to them. I mean, I can see if you're waiting around forever because the CSM is busy, or just plain lazy, but there's supposed to be a touchscreen device there for the very reason of not making a customer wait a year for a random encounter.

Just wanted to thank the OP for this. I was able to go to Target and have them match the price on Mafia II for me with no issue. Great deal!

Mafia II is now showing Out of Stock online.

I was a bit nervous when I saw an e-mail from Walmart.com about me leaving something in my cart. It was Mafia II for $9.75 . . . but when I logged into my account to check on my earlier order, I see a notice that it has shipped and should arrive by Jan. 30th -- to the store.

It will probably get there sooner for me to pick up.

This is a good thread. I'm glad Walmart is doing $20 preorder bonuses again.

I remember when Gears 3 and some other titles came out they had a preorder 3 games get a $50 eGift Card that was good too.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. Is there a way to use a Walmart giftcard on a pre-ordered that was already ordered? Because I fear if I cancel to re-order the item would be sold out.

[quote name='Tracid']Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. Is there a way to use a Walmart giftcard on a pre-ordered that was already ordered? Because I fear if I cancel to re-order the item would be sold out.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I wouldn't risk it. I have found that Walmart.com CSR is virtually non-existent.

Woo maybe Amazon will now bring back the $20 credits with some of their games (this is the reason they had them before). Hopefully Walmart keeps on doing the $20 egifts like they were a couple years ago.

[quote name='Tracid']Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. Is there a way to use a Walmart giftcard on a pre-ordered that was already ordered? Because I fear if I cancel to re-order the item would be sold out.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too familiar with WM pre-orders, but if they don't charge until it ships, why not try the most obvious non-workaround and try placing another order with your GCs? (Unless of course they have a 1 per household restriction, but that seems unlikely.)

Good god. My Mafia II "ship-to-store" was cancelled yet again. For the FOURTH time (3 different stores cancelled when it was trying to have me do a "store pickup", then it came available online for shipping so I went for a 4th attempt thinking "no way" they could screw that up. Yet...here we are. I guess I should have paid the $2 or whatever to have it sent to my house, instead of to a store. However I did get a "shipping notice" that it was on it's way as of the 16th, so I have no idea what went wrong. So I thought that was it, the frustration of trying to order this game was over. Yet yesterday (the 22nd) I get a notice that my order "expired" and has been cancelled. Ummm. Expired? What? I never got a pickup notice...

Thafuq is wrong with Wal-Mart. For all the faults Best Buy has, this type of continued failure on an online order just wouldn't happen withh them.

edit: also since when did this thread become the Wal-Mart pre-order thread? LOL. It was for Mafia II at $8.xx...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I decided to give their customer service a chance tonight to allow me to purchase Mafia II from them (since it's 4 attempts and counting, 3 via store pickup and 1 ship-to store). They checked in their system and could not explain why my my last attempt ship-to-store was cancelled. In fact on their tracking, the item "disappeared" en-route 4 days ago. So they have no idea what even happened to my item. :whistle2:#, There is nothing they can do about it either.

The final solution was for me to put in a FIFTH order. But this time they are shipping it to my house, for free. :applause: (the game isn't free, just the shipping, but they did adjust me to the old price, and actually they over-credited me so I'm getting it for like $6.74 shipped). Assuming this "final "attempt works out, I guess I can be happy that I actually got it even cheaper than the lowest price, but it was WAYYYYYYY too much work. I wasted my time with 4 online orders, and then another 30+ minutes on the phone.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']How long do the Walmart egiftcards last?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they expire (may be wrong). Regardless I think you can use the egift card to buy a regular gift card, which doesn't expire.

Pre-Order Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox 360) w/ Preorder Bonus* Classic Hammerburst, Gears of War 1 (DLC) and Your Choice Gears of War 2 or 3 Includes:
  • Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox 360)
  • Your Choice Bonus* Gears of War 2 or 3
  • Bonus* Preorder Exclusive Classic Hammerburst
  • Bonus* Gears of War 1 (downloadable version)
More about this bundle…

Is there not a "Ship to Store" option on this? Was so close to getting Midway Arcade Origins and Saints Row The Third, but shipping is gonna push it out of my price range.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Is there not a "Ship to Store" option on this? Was so close to getting Midway Arcade Origins and Saints Row The Third, but shipping is gonna push it out of my price range.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there should be. It takes forever though, both for them to actually ship the item, then for an employee to actually find it and get it to you when you get there.

I got excited when I saw this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PS3-Favorites-2-for-30-Value-Game-Bundle/22152321
but it won't let me add Uncharted 3 even though it is pictured! And they aren't sold out as you can still buy Uncharted 3 by itself. Am I missing something or is Wal-Mart just being really lame? Is there any way I can get Uncharted 3 with this deal?

It's amazing that they have games like Saint's Row The Third and Final Fantasy XIII-2 in there with games like NBA 2K7 and Band Hero.

I don't know what the deal is with the "free headset". When I select the bundle is comes out to $75. That would imply that any of those games are $75. Am I missing something?

[quote name='rcerboss']Yeah there should be. It takes forever though, both for them to actually ship the item, then for an employee to actually find it and get it to you when you get there.

I got excited when I saw this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PS3-Favorites-2-for-30-Value-Game-Bundle/22152321
but it won't let me add Uncharted 3 even though it is pictured! And they aren't sold out as you can still buy Uncharted 3 by itself. Am I missing something or is Wal-Mart just being really lame? Is there any way I can get Uncharted 3 with this deal?[/QUOTE]

Walmart only allocates a certain quantity of each game for the bundle. Uncharted 3 already was purchased in that quantity, so it's no longer available as part of the deal.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I don't know what the deal is with the "free headset". When I select the bundle is comes out to $75. That would imply that any of those games are $75. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

"Free" is a flexible term... still seems like a moderately decent deal, but would be a lot more appealing at $60 (thus, MSRP for the game and "free" for the headset, as they are trying to claim).

[quote name='tylerh1701']Is there not a "Ship to Store" option on this? Was so close to getting Midway Arcade Origins and Saints Row The Third, but shipping is gonna push it out of my price range.[/QUOTE]

Same here (same games even!)

If there is a store pickup option, I'm not seeing it. Guess I'll go save money and live better someplace else.

[quote name='JMusic']"Free" is a flexible term... still seems like a moderately decent deal, but would be a lot more appealing at $60 (thus, MSRP for the game and "free" for the headset, as they are trying to claim).[/QUOTE]

This is how I understood it and I would have jumped on it if this were the way things were going (even though I already have a better gaming headset and most of those games. Damn deals!).

[quote name='bojay1997']Walmart only allocates a certain quantity of each game for the bundle. Uncharted 3 already was purchased in that quantity, so it's no longer available as part of the deal.[/QUOTE]
Well damn. I figured the whole point of these bundles must have been to move stock on older games, but I guess not :roll:.
Thanks for letting me know though. Any chance that they'll allocate more copies of the game to the bundle?

[quote name='rcerboss']Well damn. I figured the whole point of these bundles must have been to move stock on older games, but I guess not :roll:.
Thanks for letting me know though. Any chance that they'll allocate more copies of the game to the bundle?[/QUOTE]

They have in the past, but it can take weeks or even months for that to happen.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Can this not be matched at the store if they have the games? Sorry but iim not used to buying games or electronics from Walmart.[/QUOTE]

No, unless they changed their policy recently, Walmart is one of the few stores that refuses to price match their own website. I hope they lose a lot of business to Target and Best Buy.

Good to see someone else is doing an Army of Two promotion. I really wish it was included in Best Buy's deal, but at least I now have a choice for $20 credit between Wal-Mart and Amazon.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Can this not be matched at the store if they have the games? Sorry but iim not used to buying games or electronics from Walmart.[/QUOTE]
You would think so wouldn't you? But no, you have no chance in hell. Wal-Mart is very strict about that, they will not price match anything from any website, including their own.

In addition, if you order something from their website and have it shipped to you and it is damaged, they won't replace it for you even if they have ample stock. I have been able to bitch enough to get a refund when I recieved a BTTF Blu Ray trilogy with loose/scratched up discs, but it took a lot of doing and an arguement with the manager to make it happen. However, even though they had 10 copies sitting on the shelf, they refused to let me have an exchange.

Overall Wal-Mart is just horrible, I never buy anything from them anymore besides groceries (for convienence, they are 5 minutes away and the next closest grocery store is over 25 minutes away) and an occasional T-Shirt or hat. I have only used their website for an order once since the incedent I mentioned above as well. I would have been willing to risk it for $15 Uncharted 3 but apparently that's out of the question now :(

Exactly what I was thinking. No other game on the list is more expensive on Amazon except SR3. I'm sure if you could buy doubles SR3 would have been long gone by now.

[quote name='T1NY']Dammit...I want 2 copies of Saints Row! How come we can't have doubles?[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I was thinking. No other game on the list is more expensive on Amazon except SR3. I'm sure if you could buy doubles SR3 would have been long gone by now.

Is Saints Row 3 no longer apart of the deal? I'm not seeing it anywhere in any of the bundles, unless I'm missing something obvious. Same with FFXIII-2.

[quote name='rcerboss']You would think so wouldn't you? But no, you have no chance in hell. Wal-Mart is very strict about that, they will not price match anything from any website, including their own.

In addition, if you order something from their website and have it shipped to you and it is damaged, they won't replace it for you even if they have ample stock. I have been able to bitch enough to get a refund when I recieved a BTTF Blu Ray trilogy with loose/scratched up discs, but it took a lot of doing and an arguement with the manager to make it happen. However, even though they had 10 copies sitting on the shelf, they refused to let me have an exchange.

Overall Wal-Mart is just horrible, I never buy anything from them anymore besides groceries (for convienence, they are 5 minutes away and the next closest grocery store is over 25 minutes away) and an occasional T-Shirt or hat. I have only used their website for an order once since the incedent I mentioned above as well. I would have been willing to risk it for $15 Uncharted 3 but apparently that's out of the question now :([/QUOTE]

Yeeeeeahhhh...

I can't speak for ignorant Service Desk associates, their CSMs, or a-hole Asst Managers, but as a WM grunt myself I can tell you that the policy is that, as long as the UPCs on dot-com items are 100% identical and you have your Order information (not just a shipping form) WM is allowed to give you an exchange as if it was any item sold off the shelf.

If you're just yet-another dipwad, sitting there screaming at the Service Desk drone that you want to violate copyright regulations (and corporate policy) and demanding that you want your money back on media that's been opened, well that's your own fault.

Not to mention, if you really had to, you could have always gotten an RMA through the site with free shipping back on most items, and gotten an exchange or your money back. First time ordering on WM.com... or just any site, ever?

Again, individually we've all had a horrible buying experience somewhere, and I can't speak for your store specifically, but this is all standard policy. I'm not only (begrudgingly) a WM drone, but I've also returned 2 air-conditioners, a drill set, and exchanged a flashdrive through WM.com & dot-com-to-the-store. YEMV = Your Experience May Vary

bread's done
Back