Walmart Black Friday 2017

Anyone know if the cheap DVDs are still ringing up in-store at Walmart today?
I was just at the main one I shop at and like last year they combined the boxes down and then put them up near the grocery side near the self checkout. The hard part at this point will be if you want something popular it may be too late and you'll have to search the entire display since everything is heavily mixed up at this point. I bought a couple $1.96 DVD's while there. My other Walmart typically puts the display on the back isle sometimes near the electronics. But don't neglect the main isle behind the cash registers if you go.

Thanks, guys. Might go back for a cheap Spider-Man: Homecoming later.

Pro-tip: if a Blu-Ray or DVD that's stickered is on sale, the non-stickered version will also ring up for the same price. That's how I found Wonder Woman yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Mario + Rabbits yesterday. Today I bought two sets of the $20 Legos, two Emoji movies for $7.96 each and a Monster High DVD for $1.97.

Walmart employees told me that the DVDs will still ring up at the sale price, but not the games. Confirmed that the last Rabbids they had was full price again today.

Walmart employees told me that the DVDs will still ring up at the sale price, but not the games. Confirmed that the last Rabbids they had was full price again today.
Thanks for the info. I went back to get Spider-Man: Homecoming and Wonder Woman Blu-Ray/DVD combos for $7 each. The ones in the clear plastic cases also included Vudu codes, so I got those instead of the ones on the Black Friday display. I also picked up The Peanuts Movie, Fifty Shades Darker, and Selfless on DVD for $1.96 each.

All the games were back up to regular price and had been removed except for a lone box of Breath of the Wild for Switch that sat atop a mountain of DVDs. I feel sorry for the person who has to clean up that mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess this balances out how easily I snaked in and placed my orders in the first hour of Thanksgiving, before the website starting having difficulty.

Because I STILL do not have my copies of Mario + Rabbids nor The Fractured But Whole. The confirmation emails for each helpfully said they were estimating I'd be able to pick them up in store after 6pm on December 1.

As of the morning of December 4, both games are churning around somewhere in either Houston or Fort Worth, no closer to Austin than they were three days ago. The "track my order" option is Seussian nonsense, or else Walmart is legitimately batting my package back and forth between two cities several hours apart, for reasons which remain their own.

Here's to getting them in hand before Christmas!

bread's done
Back