Walmart Black Friday 2017

Grabbed a few movies and HZD for the BF prices. Sadly didn’t see RE7 for PS4. Also used self check out so I’m good. Wish I could score a deal on destiny 2 on PC.

Just got back from my Walmart, all the game prices were live. The prices are even good on the digital cards, so if nobody will get the games out of the cases, just grab the card and pay up front. 

anyone know if the prices will be available online later tonight? I want watch dogs 2 for $12, but don't want to step foot in my local walmart.

thinking of just getting it for $3 more at best buy.
target online also had it cheap. don't recall if it was $12.

Picked up Mario/Rabbids for pickup.  Unbelivablely i think Walmart has done a good job on the BF website (no crashing issues, etc)

Target is nice, but deals not as great.

Walmart had games just out in the open

won't let you check them out until 6PM

But I did spot a few ppl grabbing game cards & making them disappear  :whistle2:

G7aMUlj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided that I couldn't let the only game on my list go unpurchased (Mario + Rabbits) so I braced myself and went to my local Walmart.

It was empty...

Picked up my game without a problem. Wish every Walmart trip I make was as easy and quick!

Went to mine. Picked up AC: Origins to play on the One X.

Thought I’d be nice and told the two guys next to me “hey guys if you didn’t know Black Friday prices are up now” and they were just silent and just kinda started at me. Oh well, I tried to be social and helpful. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so i picked up some games from walmart they were setting up like the post with the pictures but they still have games in the back in the cases and you can buy those

Decided that I couldn't let the only game on my list go unpurchased (Mario + Rabbits) so I braced myself and went to my local Walmart.
It was empty...
Picked up my game without a problem. Wish every Walmart trip I make was as easy and quick!
It’s been great the last few Thanksgivings. As long as you’re not trying to buy anything still wrapped on the pallets or specific Black Friday displays - it’s an easy trip. Another great time is at night about 2-3 hours after they go live in store, everything but the super high demand items will still be in stock with a lot less customers to deal with

Any games on sale that are not on the flyer? Looking for Return To Arkham and hopping it goes on sale some where. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart was dead when I took the notion to stop by around one o'clock. Saw Watchdogs 2 was ringing up for $12 so I had the cashier pull me a Mafia III and Dishonored 2 as well. He was surprised the Black Friday prices were live and called over some of his buddies to give them the heads up as they were waiting for six to roll around. Good deal.

Was hoping some place would have a deal on Dragon's Dogma and Metroid, but no dice.

Walmart had games just out in the open
won't let you check them out until 6PM
But I did spot a few ppl grabbing game cards & making them disappear :whistle2:
G7aMUlj.jpg
I saw an employee literally standing guard in front of movie and game pallets at 11 am. He said he’d be there until the sale starts at 6. Wouldn’t it be smarter to just bring the pallet out there at 5:30? #WalmartLogic

I saw an employee literally standing guard in front of movie and game pallets at 11 am. He said he’d be there until the sale starts at 6. Wouldn’t it be smarter to just bring the pallet out there at 5:30? #WalmartLogic
With how packed those aisles get to the point where a single person can barely get by, you want them to drag full pallets out there through the crowd?

I just left Walmart. The DVD TV show sets had been pulled but I found a The Flash Season 2 set that rang up for $9.98. All the games had been pulled. Thinking about buying the Arrowverse sets from Best Buy for the rewards points instead, so I left The Flash.

I bought the only thing that was a must-have for me: the 64 gb Sandisk micro SD card for $14. I need it for emus on my Shield TV, and it will get plenty of use. It was the only one in the store, but since it was in the ad, I figured that I should buy it.

And by emus, I mean huge birds. ;)

I'll distract him and you grab the games.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Wal-Mart has sent out a corporate memo instructing stores to pull all but one of the sale video games out of the case so they only have to sell the few that come in for the sale. The others are boxed up and hidden in back. They are to lie and claim to be sold out. Talk about shifty and cheap. :p

With how packed those aisles get to the point where a single person can barely get by, you want them to drag full pallets out there through the crowd?
Several years ago the local walmart misplaced several of those video game pallets and could not find them when the time had come to pull them out. Nothing like a few hundred angry people that had been waiting in line for hours only to be told they had almost nothing to pick from and were only allowed two games from the one pallet the employees could find (only xbox, no ps4). I really thought someone would die that day. Went back to the same store a few hours later cause I forgot something and the employees had found the pallets and they were sitting untouched in an aisle. An unlucky manager happened to be near by and I gave him my unedited opinion on how I felt about wasting my time and the time of all the other people in line. Got my games for free but still felt bad for all the parents I talked to that night that didn't get the deals.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Wal-Mart has sent out a corporate memo instructing stores to pull all but one of the sale video games out of the case so they only have to sell the few that come in for the sale. The others are boxed up and hidden in back. They are to lie and claim to be sold out. Talk about shifty and cheap. :p
Don’t know who told you that, but at my store we sold the sale games out of the case and on the displays like we do every year. We even joked about how we should just pull them all out of the case and make them all available where the sale games are, but no one ever gives direction to do that so we just deal with it.

Rolled in to walmart at 10pm - they said all the video games were in a fixture in the deli - they were not. Went to the electronics and had a guy pull the games I wanted out of the case.

Last year this was a hassle and some of the games in the case didn’t ring up the special price. No problems this year though

Here are some easy but low value trade-in flips you can do from your couch:

- FIFA 18 for Switch or PS4 for $30, trade-in to Amazon for $39.
- Madden 18 for PS4 for $30, trade in to Amazon for $34.65.

I used a cashback portal to purchase the games, getting an extra 5% of purchase value in cashback for Walmart purchases.

bread's done
Back