Walmart Black Friday 2017

Could I put Dragon Ball Xenoverse on Layaway at walmart now then on BF cancel it, get my money back and buy it for the BF only price? I want to be assured a copy but I don't want to fight the mob.

Could I put Dragon Ball Xenoverse on Layaway at walmart now then on BF cancel it, get my money back and buy it for the BF only price? I want to be assured a copy but I don't want to fight the mob.

Pro tip. Go to Walmart on Thanksgiving morning at 9am. Buy the game, it will be the sale price. No need for layaway hassle.

Stupidity... You know, most of the nation.
Why do people act appalled when someone asks a question they really don’t know and act like it’s some crime committed against them that demands their attention, unable to just ignore comments they don’t find value in?

Stupidity. That’s why.

Lol guys it’s just a question and with several posters adding anecdotes about their luck/bad luck trying to secure BF deals at WM pre-Start time, it’s worth asking for some of us so we can better prepare for the shopping day. Literally the last two posters said it worked at 1 out of 2 stores, one said it stopped working last year so the uncertainty gives grounds for some of us to inquire

That’s cool that you find the question irritating. Cool, no one asked you to answer and no one forced you to read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people ask questions like this?
Because they are curious and have read several anecdotes from posters in this thread with varying degrees of success in getting WMs to sell games early?

That’s why. To get more info on past experiences to better prepare for 2017.

My experience from last year was that the sale price was active at 10am when I stopped in to grab a couple games, however the first walmart I went to said they could not sell it to me.  The second Walmart, no problems at all.  I had the lady grab the games from the case, they rang up sale price, I paid and left.  

In previous years the games rang up early but in 3 of the w almarts I went to last year none of them did... maybe your walmart was on a old system? I mean I hope it works again this year but doubtful

[quote name="royalbliss1" post="13876112" timestamp="1510610917"]My experience from last year was that the sale price was active at 10am when I stopped in to grab a couple games, however the first walmart I went to said they could not sell it to me.  The second Walmart, no problems at all.  I had the lady grab the games from the case, they rang up sale price, I paid and left.
[/quote
Thanks for the responses guys. I’ll probably try it at the one down the street that morning but no big deal if it doesn’t work.

Thanks!

Because they are curious and have read several anecdotes from posters in this thread with varying degrees of success in getting WMs to sell games early?

That’s why. To get more info on past experiences to better prepare for 2017.
It's still a dumb question. Nobody could possibly know the answer to that.

In previous years the games rang up early but in 3 of the w almarts I went to last year none of them did... maybe your walmart was on a old system? I mean I hope it works again this year but doubtful
In my case, the Walmart that had opened up the year before didn’t have early sale prices, while the other one that did has been there for decades. So it could very well be a computer system thing, and which ones have or haven’t been updated.

So going in at 9am is far from a guarantee then.

With that being the case, to re-interate my original question, would it be prudent to put the games I want on layaway now and then go to customer service and cancel/buy them once the BF prices are assured to work in ensure I get a copy?

So going in at 9am is far from a guarantee then.

With that being the case, to re-interate my original question, would it be prudent to put the games I want on layaway now and then go to customer service and cancel/buy them once the BF prices are assured to work in ensure I get a copy?
No, as there's a $10 cancellation fee.

It's still a dumb question. Nobody could possibly know the answer to that.
that dumb question got multiple answers from posters giving information on what worked and didn’t work last year, giving insight into how to plan for this year.

It’s like people didn’t know the answer but we are more options/information on how we could buy games early. It’s like, we worked together to at least prepare ourselves through,... discussion.

But yo it’s a dumb question I’m dumb lol what was I thinking lol

that dumb question got multiple answers from posters giving information on what worked and didn’t work last year, giving insight into how to plan for this year.

It’s like people didn’t know the answer but we are more options/information on how we could buy games early. It’s like, we worked together to at least prepare ourselves through,... discussion.

But yo it’s a dumb question I’m dumb lol what was I thinking lol
Okie - I'll humor all these "good-natured" folk who can't seem to use Google or have any common sense (the latter here we know few in this country have).

All Walmarts this year should have in place an updated POS system that will notify the cashier that the sale price a BF price and NOT to sell it until BF prices are to be effective. That's what was being test run last year at most stores, and I understand will be implemented across the board this year.

So -- good luck trying to overrun that. May be you get lucky -- or well, get an indifferent cashier (though I believe you need a mgr to override that notice until the right time for the POS kicks in) -- have fun trying to deceive people for a <$50 video game! If your integrity tries to stop you, just kick it a few times until it stops moving.

I'm not sure why people want to go to the store anyway. You can pretty much buy all the games online for the same price and at the comfort at your own home. 

Okie - I'll humor all these "good-natured" folk who can't seem to use Google or have any common sense (the latter here we know few in this country have).

All Walmarts this year should have in place an updated POS system that will notify the cashier that the sale price a BF price and NOT to sell it until BF prices are to be effective. That's what was being test run last year at most stores, and I understand will be implemented across the board this year.

So -- good luck trying to overrun that. May be you get lucky -- or well, get an indifferent cashier (though I believe you need a mgr to override that notice until the right time for the POS kicks in) -- have fun trying to deceive people for a <$50 video game! If your integrity tries to stop you, just kick it a few times until it stops moving.
Lol that’s a strong reaction to an internet comment. How are you going to question the integrity of people like Roy Moore/Kevin Spacey now that you wasted your “kick it a few times” comment on a stranger talking about video game sales? Lol.

Seems unhealthy to respond so strongly to people just exchanging anecdotes about WalMarts POS and past Black Fridays

Anyone with the Samsung Galaxy S7? How is it with taking videos and pics?

Good sale in the ad. I'm looking at some reviews about the rear camera problems.

I would like to screen record the tv while gaming and told at least an 8mp cam will do. Record all the sounds of the controller sticks and buttons with gameplay. 4k tv with an x360.

Anyone with the Samsung Galaxy S7? How is it with taking videos and pics?

Good sale in the ad. I'm looking at some reviews about the rear camera problems.

I would like to screen record the tv while gaming and told at least an 8mp cam will do. Record all the sounds of the controller sticks and buttons with gameplay. 4k tv with an x360.
Never taken videos but the pictures come out pretty clear and I've used both the rear and the front ones. It is a decent phone. Have the S7 Edge.

Lol that’s a strong reaction to an internet comment. How are you going to question the integrity of people like Roy Moore/Kevin Spacey now that you wasted your “kick it a few times” comment on a stranger talking about video game sales? Lol.

Seems unhealthy to respond so strongly to people just exchanging anecdotes about WalMarts POS and past Black Fridays
Go strong or don't bother ... Or something like that.

Unhealthy? Probably. But then so much of life is.

I know walmart won't price match competitors on BF, but does anyone think they'll do a price adjustment for something bought in their store? Like say, buy a game on the 22nd then come in BF to get the difference back in refund.

I know walmart won't price match competitors on BF, but does anyone think they'll do a price adjustment for something bought in their store? Like say, buy a game on the 22nd then come in BF to get the difference back in refund.
Nope. They shut down customer service on BF to prevent exactly this kind of pre-discount hoarding.

Again - THINK about what you're asking. Of course they wouldn't let you do it.

Never taken videos but the pictures come out pretty clear and I've used both the rear and the front ones. It is a decent phone. Have the S7 Edge.
Pics are good. I like the 12mp camera. Looks like there are minor differences between the two. Slight Edge advantage for screen size and battery.

If you get the chance, would you mind taking some video of a tv?

Sweet got Mario vs Rabbids for 29, that’s one place I do not want to go on BF.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

Still no updated price on The Fractured But Whole... gonna add it to my Best Buy cart and pay the extra few bucks, if it doesn't update in the next few minutes.

NBA 2k18 Switch oos, anyone know the sku number to check store stock on brickseek. Not sure if I want to chance it being sold in stores early in the morning before the rush hits.

bread's done
Back