Walmart Black Friday 2017

Games I would consider would be Dirt 4 for 30, which has been incredibly stubborn in its 60 dollar price point since it came out, and maybe Mario and Rabbids since I'm getting a switch soon. Pretty much everything else is the same or worse than BB where I want the points anyway.

ev0JVzZ.jpg

Any chance those prices will be online as well? Almost missed thanksgiving dinner last year. I had made it t o Wal-Mart and pretty much found all the games I wanted. But I was stuck in line to check out. So I said eff this and left empty handed.

I'm liking wofenstein and forza 7 at $29
Injustice 2 a nd tekken at $19

There's 5 Switch games at $29.99 and 2 Switch games at $19.99 that I can't make out from their generic red spine labels pictured. If I zoom in, it's just a pixelated blur.

Can any of you detectives make out what they are based on their overall text length/spacing/pattern? Or perhaps some CSI zoom-enhance magic?

EDIT: Nevermind. I can see them now using the ad zoom function on Walmart's website combined with internet browser zoom. And I guess they were already posted here and I just didn't realize it because they're mostly cross-platform titles or shovelware. Not what I was hoping for.

Anyways, for anyone else curious, here's what they are:

$29.99
:switch: The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game
:switch: Just Dance 2018
:switch: EA Sports FIFA 18
:switch: NBA 2K18
:switch: Sonic Forces

..and of course
:switch: 1-2 Switch (pictured)
:switch: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (pictured - page 33)

$19.99
:switch: Minecraft Story Mode - The Complete Adventure
:switch: LEGO Worlds
Oh shit 2k on Switch? I’m down!

This seems kinda weak...
Nah, it's OK. Rather similar to Best Buy in terms of games. That HP desktop for $499 could be interesting, it shows a GTX 1060 graphics card. There has to be a catch or fatal flaw, right? That seems a pretty great deal.

Nioh for $19 I believe is unique. Might be a few games that are a few $$$ more, but then they probably have some that are a few $$$ less. For the most part the games are the same. I think I prefer the blue controller, i need a spare PS4 controller so will probably try to get that crystal blue one.

Hopefully there will be some surprise deals on top of these. Disappointed that Target and Wal-mart don't even bother with UHD deals at all.

Any chance those prices will be online as well? Almost missed thanksgiving dinner last year. I had made it t o Wal-Mart and pretty much found all the games I wanted. But I was stuck in line to check out. So I said eff this and left empty handed.

I'm liking wofenstein and forza 7 at $29
Injustice 2 a nd tekken at $19
Prices are usually available online even before the stores open. I'm often out of town for thanksgiving, so I have to do it all on my phone.

Was not expecting the $29 assassins creed origins. that solidifies my purchase. Hopefully Amazon price matches that price so I can use that $10 coke rewards gift money.

Solid deal for Nioh. In for a 45 mins checkout line to pay for a game I'll never even play.

I remember last time the Walmart website was going slow and the games I wanted sold out while I was checking out. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

In for Watch dogs 2, dishonored 2, mafia 3, Rayman and Prey. No mention of Darks Souls 3 or XCOM 2 hopefully someone comes through.

Does anyone know if Walmart puts these prices online during Thanksgiving or Black Friday? I usually shop BB for the holidays.

Does anyone know if Walmart puts these prices online during Thanksgiving or Black Friday? I usually shop BB for the holidays.
Online deals are live first minute of Thanksgiving(Thursday morning) and in-store deals start at 6pm of Thanksgiving.

Yeah, and some of them are $25, too. If you look at the depth overall of the discounts of newish games at different price points I don’t see how you could say Walmart beat BB.

I’ve had luck the past couple years going to Walmart thanksgiving morning before the sale starts. The games either Locked up on the shelf or out in the plastic coffins were ringing up at the Black Friday price that morning. Was able to grab Doom (PS4) and Kingdom Hearts (PS3) and a few movies cheap with out the crowds. And yes, Doom and KH are still sitting on my shelf, sealed lol. =)

The link for the $500 gaming PC, looks like you save around $150 before tax.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Pavilion-Power-580-023w-Gaming-Tower-Intel-Core-i5-7400-NVIDIA-GTX-1060-3GB-Graphics-8-GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-Windows-10/803136621

I can't seem to find this model number on the first page of a Google search, so I'm assuming it's a special model specifically for BF and/or Walmart. You can see evidence of them being cheap in the pictures; there's only one type-C and one USB 3.0 port in the front. I'm assuming there's two more - hopefully three - USB ports in the back. It also utilizes a combination headphone/microphone jack instead of two separate ones. The GTX 1060 is the 3 GB version, the stronger variations seem to have 6 GB.

You're still getting a lot of bang for your buck with a core i5 and GTX 1060 in general though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link for the $500 gaming PC, looks like you save around $150 before tax.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Pavilion-Power-580-023w-Gaming-Tower-Intel-Core-i5-7400-NVIDIA-GTX-1060-3GB-Graphics-8-GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-Windows-10/803136621

I can't seem to find this model number on the first page of a Google search, so I'm assuming it's a special model specifically for BF and/or Walmart. You can see evidence of them being cheap in the pictures; there's only one type-C and one USB 3.0 port in the front. I'm assuming there's two more - hopefully three - USB ports in the back. It also utilizes a combination headphone/microphone jack instead of two separate ones. The GTX 1060 is the 3 GB version, the stronger variations seem to have 6 GB.

You're still getting a lot of bang for your buck with a core i5 and GTX 1060 in general though.
The 3GB 1060 might be an issue for some, though still probably can't beat this price - or really even get close to it with an NVIDIA card. Beggars can't be choosers basically, and as this is about the max I'd consider throwing at any computer at this point, I"m definitely a "beggar". Right now I don't see anything close to similar for less than $700 or $800. That HP Omen that's been on sale at Best Buy a few times I don't believe has breached $700 (currently $819) - and though it's probably a better machine overall it also uses the 3GB 1060. I've been tempted by that one, but I haven't had a desktop PC in like 15+ years so it's tough for me to commit unless the price is just rediculous and it can do legit gaming. $499 gets me close to ridiculous.

Unless there is some fatal flaw, like the system uses a weak PSU that will blow up on you, $499 seems like a great price. I"m definitely considering going for this. I would assume the 3GB GPU could be upgraded in a few years, and maybe the next gen model (or 2 gens out) of the same card starts at 6GB instead of 3GB while drawing similar power.

Being a desktop, I would assume there'd be no issues with soldered RAM or anything like that?

I’ve had luck the past couple years going to Walmart thanksgiving morning before the sale starts. The games either Locked up on the shelf or out in the plastic coffins were ringing up at the Black Friday price that morning. Was able to grab Doom (PS4) and Kingdom Hearts (PS3) and a few movies cheap with out the crowds. And yes, Doom and KH are still sitting on my shelf, sealed lol. =)
Been doing this for the past 4 years. All of the black Friday prices are live in store early in the morning. Hopefully it continues this year.

The link for the $500 gaming PC, looks like you save around $150 before tax.https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Pavilion-Power-580-023w-Gaming-Tower-Intel-Core-i5-7400-NVIDIA-GTX-1060-3GB-Graphics-8-GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-Windows-10/803136621

I can't seem to find this model number on the first page of a Google search, so I'm assuming it's a special model specifically for BF and/or Walmart. You can see evidence of them being cheap in the pictures; there's only one type-C yes and one USB 3.0 port in the front. I'm assuming there's two more - hopefully three - USB ports in the back. It also utilizes a combination headphone/microphone jack instead of two separate ones. The GTX 1060 is the 3 GB version, the stronger variations seem to have 6 GB.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! I'm thinking about picking one up to be our new family gaming computer. We don't need a $2000 rig, as my kids usually prefer to get most of the newest AAA games on PS4 or Xbox One - but my oldest son also likes games like Civ VI or XCom 2 on the PC and our current 6-7 year old desktop isn't cutting it.

Which Need for Speed game is better, Need for Speed or Rivals?

My kids are into racing games and they played a ton of Most Wanted (vita) on the PS TV. Thinking of getting them one of the two games for Christmas. Thanks!

My kids are into racing games and they played a ton of Most Wanted (vita) on the PS TV. Thinking of getting them one of the two games for Christmas. Thanks!
Sadly, this franchise keeps going downhill. Most Wanted was definitely better than either of those games (though I assume you are now talking going to a PS4 version).

If you are talking PS4 you might want to look into Dirt 4 or Driveclub.

If Xbox or PC of course there's Forza Horizon 3 or Forza 7 to consider.

Which Most Wanted was it - the one by Criterion or the one by Black Box? I would recommend both. Frankly, you're almost better off picking up one of these than the new ones. Other excellent racing games include Blur and Split Second.

Of course, all of these are PS3/360 -- not sure if they're BC with Xbox One.

BTW, I think at least one of the 2 NFS games you mentioned requires to be online all the time.

Thank you both. I was considering the ps4 versions of both, but will pass based on your responses. I will keep Dirt 4 in mind, but the kids already have a ton of games on their wish lists... just like their father lol.

Thank you both. I was considering the ps4 versions of both, but will pass based on your responses. I will keep Dirt 4 in mind, but the kids already have a ton of games on their wish lists... just like their father lol.
The new need for speed is a cross between forza horizon 3 and burnout paradise. I enjoy this need for speed but didn't enjoy rivals.

The new need for speed is a cross between forza horizon 3 and burnout paradise. I enjoy this need for speed but didn't enjoy rivals.
I loved rivals and have been waiting for a followup that just never materializes. Given the reviews of the new one, my waiting continues. :(

What do you think of the "xboneS 500gb $249 haloish ed w extra controller & call of duty ww2 for $249" deal? I'll post in the main bf thread also.

Nice hoping to go early morning and buy stuff early .. make sure you go early enough because at one point in the day they do lock up the games etc and you won't be able to get anything I'd say before 11 am is safe

It would be nice to be able to pick up Final Fantasy XV and Watch Dogs 2 without having to stop at 2 places. Maybe I could snag WD 2 online early thursday then.

The only thing they might price match on BF is if their own website had an item cheaper for the same item in the B&M walmart.  They won't be price matching other store's doorbuster ad.  That isn't going to happen.

EDIT

what sometimes WILL happen is that amazon ends up matching other stores game prices for BF.  So keep an eye on amazon on the day before BF and day of.

bread's done
Back