Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted - Titles added to OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couches

CAG Newbie
I'm new to CAG, but I noticed that Walmart's Black Friday ad was posted and thought I'd mention it since no one else has as of yet.

There's quite a bit to type out compared to the other Black Friday ads so I figured I'd post a link instead.

I found the scan here: http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2

edit: coopscohen mentioned another the correct version of the ad here: http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers

These prices are much better.
When I checked out the Black Friday ad at Walmart.com for my local store, it's showing the prices listed in the blackfriday.com version.
It's safe to assume that is the right one. It may be possible that the prices vary by location, but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks to Jackie Chandler for compiling a more thorough/organized list.

URL="http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2"]Ad Scan[/URL]: Some states (such as Oklahoma) show increased prices in their ads. Please check pages 6-7 in this ad for pricing relevant to your state.

Please note that these deals start at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.

Also, platforms listed are the ones that are confirmed by the ad. Games may or may not be available for systems other than the ones pictured.

Confirmed $25 Games: (Over 45 titles)

:360: :ps3: Amazing Spiderman
:360: Battlefield 3: Premium Edition
:360: :ps3: Borderlands 2
:360: Call of Duty: MW3
:360: Dishonored
:360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:360: FIFA Soccer 13
:360: :wii: Just Dance 4
:360: Kinect Star Wars
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Karting
:360: :ps3: Madden 13
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:360: NBA 2K13
:360: NCAA Football 13
:360: Need for Speed: Most Wanted- A Criterion Game
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
:360: :ps3: Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: :ps3: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
:360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
:ps3: Twisted Metal
:360: :wii: Wipeout 3
:360: :ps3: WWE 13
:360: :ps3: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
:wii: Zumba Games (needs confirmation)

Confirmed $15 Games: (Over 30 titles)

:ps3: Angry Birds Trilogy
:ps3: Borderlands GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops
:wii: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
:360: Dance Central 3
:360: Fable: The Journey
:360: Forza Horizon
:ps3: God of War Saga
:360: :ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition
:wii: Just Dance 3
:ps3: Killzone 3
:360: Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
:360: :ps3: :wii: Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes
:wii: Mario Power Tennis
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers
:360: Max Payne 3
:ps3: MLB 12: The Show
:wii: Pikmin 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank HD Collection
:360: :ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Spec Ops: The Line
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy
:wii: Super Paper Mario
:ps3: Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY)
:wii: Wii Play Motion
:wii: Wii Sports
:wii: Wipeout 2

Confirmed $10 Games: (Over 25 titles)

:ps3: Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
:360: Batman: Arkham City (non-GOTY pictured)
:360: :ps3: Cabela's Survival
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: World at War
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "GOTY"
:ps3: Darksiders
:360: :ps3: Dead Island
:360: Game Party in Motion
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
:360: :ps3: L.A. Noire Complete Collection
:360: Lego Batman
:360: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
:360: Saints Row 2
:ps3: Sly Collection
:ps3: SOCOM 4
:360: UFC Trainer

Confirmed $30 Nintendo DS Games:

:ds: Mario Kart DS
:ds: New Super Mario Bros.
:ds: Pokemon Black Version 2
:ds: Pokemon White Version 2

Other Video Game Deals:

Consoles/Handhelds:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB White Skylanders Bundle- $149
:ps3: PS3 160GB Superslim Bundle w/ Infamous + Uncharted Dual Packs- $199
:wii: Wii Console- $89 (white model is shown, needs confirmation on if it's backwards compatible)
:ds: DSi XL $99.96 (Blue/Pink are pictured, ad mentions colors may vary by store)

Games/Accessories

:360: Assassin's Creed III- $38.96
:wii: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two- $24.96
:360: Modern Warfare 3 Wireless Headset- $25
:ps3: PS3 Dualshock 3 Controllers- $39.96 (transparent black/blue pictured)
:wii: Skylanders Starter Pack- $38.96
:wii: uDraw- $10
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (White)- $39.96
:360: Xbox Live 3-Month Subscription- $11.96

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='earvcunanan']Forza Horizon is $15 after 3 weeks... is it bad?[/QUOTE]

No its not a bad game at all, its actually a really fun game if you like racers. It's not perfect but it lots of fun.

These prices are not so much a result of a specific game being bad but a strategy in place by the manufactures to win your money during one of the busiest times of year. It's war and they are only after one thing, your money! This is a way to stay competitive and also it draws foot traffic to that store. Luring in unsuspecting people to the extremely low quantities of games they will have for this deal.

[quote name='JP73']I guess Target is my last hope for a 3ds xl[/QUOTE]

Second ad in December might have a bundle from Target.

I've heard that WiiU will be guaranteed up to a certain number for BF at Target too.

[quote name='Donut2922']That is the most retarded thing ever. You can work the whole week and make more than what you save with that deal. Proof that the campers are the same folks flipping my hamburgers whenever I pull up to Burger King.[/QUOTE]

Do you really believe that the Walmart customers that are willing to camp out days before the sale actually have jobs they should be at?

[quote name='mark_IV']Do you really believe that the Walmart customers that are willing to camp out days before the sale actually have jobs they should be at?[/QUOTE]

WHere else are they gonna get the money from? Does money actually grow on tree's?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I love how its in black and white. Hoepfully the rest comes out in the next few hours.[/QUOTE]

I don't have high hopes for their DVD/Blu-ray prices when Madagascar 3 and Brave on Blu-ray are $9 at Wal-Mart, but the DVDs are $10 at Target.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']WHere else are they gonna get the money from? Does money actually grow on tree's?[/QUOTE]

The government...

[quote name='Tsel']I don't have high hopes for their DVD/Blu-ray prices when Madagascar 3 and Brave on Blu-ray are $9 at Wal-Mart, but the DVDs are $10 at Target.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that doesnt turn out to be the case. Im currently without a car so all I have is a BB and a Target within reasonable distance of where I live. BB has dropped the ball, so its up to Target and/or Amazon for me.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Hopefully that doesnt turn out to be the case. Im currently without a car so all I have is a BB and a Target within reasonable distance of where I live. BB has dropped the ball, so its up to Target and/or Amazon for me.[/QUOTE]

The closest BB for me is 80 miles away, so Target and Wal-Mart are my only options unless Amazon pulls through.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']WHere else are they gonna get the money from? Does money actually grow on tree's?[/QUOTE]

My tax money...

If you ever work at a retail/fod job around a federally subsidized area, you will quickly find that when welfare checks are mailed out every month that you have one of the busiest days of the month. Hmmm... Wonder why.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']My tax money...

If you ever work at a retail/fod job around a federally subsidized area, you will quickly find that when welfare checks are mailed out every month that you have one of the busiest days of the month. Hmmm... Wonder why.[/QUOTE]

Walmart is packed on those days for sure.

[quote name='mark_IV']Do you really believe that the Walmart customers that are willing to camp out days before the sale actually have jobs they should be at?[/QUOTE]

It's a common week for people to take a week of vacation so yes. I see your point though and I'm sure some would be unemployed.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Hope these prices are right. I'd be in for Spec Ops, the GoW Saga and XCOM.[/QUOTE]

You hope that Wal-Mart posted the right prices for their ad?

[quote name='Donut2922']It's a common week for people to take a week of vacation so yes. I see your point though and I'm sure some would be unemployed.[/QUOTE]
I think some of are just there for fun, judging from their camping equipment.

Has anyone been able to confirm whether this sale is also online? No way I'm going to a store but I'll camp out in front of my computer for 5 minutes right before the sale.

[quote name='Javery']Has anyone been able to confirm whether this sale is also online? No way I'm going to a store but I'll camp out in front of my computer for 5 minutes right before the sale.[/QUOTE]

It was a mixed bag last year. They had some of the hardware bundles and some of the pictured bigger titles up on the web last year, but many titles were in-store only. They also sold out very quickly online and stuff went live at weird times (i.e. not all at once).

[quote name='Javery']Has anyone been able to confirm whether this sale is also online? No way I'm going to a store but I'll camp out in front of my computer for 5 minutes right before the sale.[/QUOTE]

Not a chance in hell the games will be sold online for that price. I'd just hope for Amazon and BB deals if you're not going out.

I'd like a copy of Warfighter and maybe Hunted: Demon's Forge if they get it in stores. I snagged a copy the last copy of Killzone 2 two years ago after the rush hit.

[quote name='Psychonik']I'd like a copy of Warfighter and maybe Hunted: Demon's Forge if they get it in stores. I snagged a copy the last copy of Killzone 2 two years ago after the rush hit.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if I traded in all my $5 demon forges... I'll check when I get home. If I didn't you can have one for $5+shipping.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
My friend, we are kindred Spirits

[quote name='henry00x']i have a very hard time believing forza horizon will be $15[/QUOTE]

I would die laughing if the ad comes out while they do that stupid "starting at" in their ad and the games are really $40.

[quote name='henry00x']i have a very hard time believing forza horizon will be $15[/QUOTE]

I think whoever was setting up those game piles for the photo might of grabbed the wrong forza game. Either way I could care less. Im more of a burnout guy myself ;)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I think whoever was setting up those game piles for the photo might of grabbed the wrong forza game. Either way I could care less. Im more of a burnout guy myself ;)[/QUOTE]

Even Forza 4 for $15 isn't too bad...either way, I'm getting it!

Im pretty sure last year walmart didnt sell any of the doorbusters online. Just the regular weekend sale.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ Are all the games considered doorbuster's?[/QUOTE]

if its like last year yeah. The thursday games, when they finally went online were all like 10-15 more expensive.

I've never been to Wal-Mart on BF. Am I interpreting the other posts correctly that they just have the games in a box behind some tape, and once they pull back the tape everyone tramples each other trying to get the games they want?

[quote name='edson13']Im pretty sure last year walmart didnt sell any of the doorbusters online. Just the regular weekend sale.[/QUOTE]
I don't know about the video games (I got those in person) but I know many of the toys were online and the doorbuster laptops last year were on the website for like 15mins.

Last year there were signs posted on the video game glass door cases in electronics.

All these games ring up full price.
The BF Sale games are in cardboard cutouts in the grocery isle.

If the game doesn't have a colored sticker matching from the cardboard cutout,
it will ring up full price.

[quote name='gordojones88']Last year there were signs posted on the video game glass door cases in electronics.

it will ring up full price.[/QUOTE]

We had an employee say otherwise. We're getting conflicting information in this thread now...

[quote name='Donut2922']We had an employee say otherwise. We're getting conflicting information in this thread now...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got my BF3 from the glass case last year, they were all open for everyone to grab.

[quote name='Woocls']I don't know about the video games (I got those in person) but I know many of the toys were online and the doorbuster laptops last year were on the website for like 15mins.[/QUOTE]

Yea the systems were online too, but the games were never up at those prices.

[quote name='superhippy1986']I want to be a cop in Walmart on black friday.... Put my gun out and say SIR STEP AWAY FROM THE AC3!![/QUOTE]
Last year our wal-mart had a cop open the main video game box. He almost got trampled before he could step away from the box. Within secs the box was shredded and games were being thrown from the box to friends waiting in the back with carts. People were bartering off games trying to get the specific game they wanted.

[quote name='gordojones88']Last year there were signs posted on the video game glass door cases in electronics.

it will ring up full price.[/QUOTE]
You realize how much extra work it'd be to have to price adjust each individual item? Plus what's to stop me from taking a sticker from Product A and slapping it on Product B? The only reliable way to handle this is to give each sale item it's own SKU (and unique barcode) which just isn't going to happen. So, they have to lower the price in the system for all items with that same SKU.

$25 XCOM is the only reason I was considering a BF Walmart adventure. Keyword there is 'considering' as I'm likely to be preoccupied with Black Ops 2 and money is low as it is. Way too many potential cons involving holiday crazies for me to bite down hard on this one even IN the middle class area I would have gone to first. Definite pass is definite.

For those about to shop, I salute you. Oh, and go for the eyes too. Dead serious.

I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man,
I can shake-ah my fanny I can shake-ah my can!
I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-ah yo buns!
Punch-ah yo buns, I can punch-all yo buns!
If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!

I loved that..

[quote name='superhippy1986']I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man,
I can shake-ah my fanny I can shake-ah my can!
I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-ah yo buns!
Punch-ah yo buns, I can punch-all yo buns!
If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!

I loved that..[/QUOTE]

Why you gotta be singing that shit? Got a girl at work that loves that song. If you havent buy the dvd with the fin hat that's included. Great buy ;)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Why you gotta be singing that shit? Got a girl at work that loves that song. If you havent buy the dvd with the fin hat that's included. Great buy ;)[/QUOTE]

Can I punch her buns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back