Walmart.com pre-order E-Gift Card on Mario Galaxy 2/Halo Reach/More

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thanks. I'd love for Amazon to match either the Mario Galaxy or Reach offer. Hopefully sooner than later.

Ooh! $20 gift card for Mario Galaxy 2. That is awesome. And no doubt amazon will match.

EDIT: thought bing cashback gives Walmart the edge, it occurs to me, presuming that's still 10%, even after tax (at least here in MD). But only a slight edge.

Cranberries! Wal-mart started the preorder bidding high on these titles. I plan on picking up Galaxy and Reach release day, but I'm still waiting to see if there will be any preorder goodies or limited editions.

That $20 for Halo:Reach is pretty sweet. I really hope Amazon PM's. If not I'll probably be pre-ordering it from here. How does WM's pre-orders work, do they not charge until it ships also? TIA

I had SMG2 on pre-order since amazon added it... so to get $20 will be great. I already got a good deal when it was in my GB and ECA.

Wow, freaking awesome promo on Galaxy 2... I'll probably shoot Amazon an e-mail about it, and I'd encourage other people to do the same.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Wow, freaking awesome promo on Galaxy 2... I'll probably shoot Amazon an e-mail about it, and I'd encourage other people to do the same.[/QUOTE]

Already done. Will probably get their normal response that they dont price match blah blah blah but I bet they add credits for them soon anyway.

Edit: Ok sorry I linked all of them but they're broke as I figured. Just search for them or wait for Amazon to match.

[quote name='xycury']I had SMG2 on pre-order since amazon added it... so to get $20 will be great. I already got a good deal when it was in my GB and ECA.[/QUOTE]
Yep, $40 plus a $20 gift card would be fantastic.

Don't forget also:

Madden 11 ($20 GC)
Splinter Cell: Conviction ($10 GC)
Just Cause 2 ($10 GC and code for hovercraft for 360?)
Red Dead Redemption ($10 GC)
Split/Second ($10 GC + armored vehicle)
Mafia II ($10 GC)
UFC 2010 ($10 GC)
Blur ($10 GC)
Alan Wake ($10 GC)

"walmart twilight" should be the magic words for bcb at the moment, but I haven't checked yet.

[quote name='Brother Daz']When does Wal-Mart charge for pre-orders? Is it once the game ships?[/QUOTE]

yes, but they charge immediately for the gift card's value (i.e. if SMG2 is 49.99 and the GC is 20, they'll charge 20 now, and charge 29.99 when SMG2 ships)

Hope Amazon matches the Halo one (I'm sure they will.)

Wish they were doing one for SSFIV. I won't do the UFC one as I want the 4 fighters that are timed exclusive to Gamestop.

[quote name='handsomepete']yes, but they charge immediately for the gift card's value (i.e. if SMG2 is 49.99 and the GC is 20, they'll charge 20 now, and charge 29.99 when SMG2 ships)[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, you do get bing cashback for the full amount and you are only taxed on the $29.99, instead of the full amount. So it works out pretty well.

Also thanks to the other person for noting the cashback deal on Blur. This looks like a one-two punch for me SMG2 with $20 giftcard and bcb, then use the $20 giftcard toward the blur pre-order with $10 giftcard. I'll use the $10 giftcard on an iTunes card, probably.

EDIT: Walmart Bing Cashback is down to a lowly 5%. Sigh. So now I'm not sure where to pre-order. If Amazon matches both SMG2 and Blur, I'll go with them.

[quote name='nightmare452']Wow, some great deals here. Hoping Amazon PMs so I don't have to cancel my pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I already canceled. Cancel and put the reason as the price is too high/found cheaper elsewhere. Then just comment in the box that Walmart.com has gift card deals with these games. Enough cancelations and it should encourage Amazon to hurry and match ;)

^ good points, i do that sometimes, but don't have the gut to say walmart.com have better promotions :lol:

I don't want Amazon to hate me...

[quote name='bigredvan14']Wow, thanks. I'd love for Amazon to match either the Mario Galaxy or Reach offer. Hopefully sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

That would be sweet. I'm already getting it for $42.xx from Amazon and a $20 GC would just be icing on the cake.

Otherwise, I might go with WM, effectively making the game $34 (it's around $54 after tax, less $20 GC) but I don't know if I'd use $20 at WM since I rarely shop there.

Maybe TRU will do a $25GC, like they did with the first Galaxy.:)

[quote name='handsomepete']yes, but they charge immediately for the gift card's value (i.e. if SMG2 is 49.99 and the GC is 20, they'll charge 20 now, and charge 29.99 when SMG2 ships)[/QUOTE]

From my experience, they charge WHEN you pre order. I preordered Bioshock 2 LE back in January and had the charges on my card the next day. Not pending either. Same with Heart Gold, which I preordered in Feb. I've also had trouble getting Walmart to cancel preorders. I ordered 2 Bioshocks, one at 10% BCB the other at 15% and they couldn't cancel the first one... even though the game release was 3 weeks out.

I think it's just a matter of hours until Amazon matches. They've matched almost every other Walmart gift card offer.

Wow, this is an awesome deal. I was hoping someone would have a great deal for Super Mario Galaxy 2 around release. I normally don't pre-order, but if Amazon or Toy's R Us don't offer something better, I might have to do that.

Thanks for posting!

Really, really hoping Amazon matches the $20 on Mario Galaxy 2. I don't want a $20 gift card to Walmart as I almost never shop there, but $20 at Amazon would be great.

[quote name='xycury']I had SMG2 on pre-order since amazon added it... so to get $20 will be great. I already got a good deal when it was in my GB and ECA.[/QUOTE]

Same here. And I think I've applied a bunch of gift card credit to it on Amazon...so I hope they match this deal!

I wonder what TRU will do for Super Mario Galaxy 2. For the first one, they had exclusive pre-order bonus coins plus a $25 gift card! It's my favorite launch deal ever.

My recent pre-order of BFBC2 was handled such that I paid for and received the $20 gift card immediately, then paid the balance when the game shipped. This is good because you can use the gift card right away, but it's bad because you are locked into the gift card. What I mean is that while you can cancel the pre-order, you only get the balance back (obviously.) So if you cancel, that's fine, but you still have $X tied up at walmart.com. Now that the bing cashback is only 5%, I'd go with amazon if they price match. If the bing cashback goes up to at least 10% I'd order from walmart. Also if amazon only matches Mario Galaxy, and doesn't match Blur (which gets a $10 gift card), I'll order from walmart.

These are some amazing deals from Walmart. I have Mario Galaxy 2 pre-ordered on amazon for a steal already and a $20 gift card on top of that would be awesome.

Anyone that has pre-ordered from Wal-Mart, do you know what shipping is running for just one game (Super Mario Galaxy 2 is what I want, but I'm sure that doesn't really matter) I see that they only offer "Ship To Home" and I know Walmart can be a little high sometimes on shipping.

Thanks

sounds like a good reason to use the $10 e-giftcard I got 2+ years ago for jumping on some price mistake pre-order.

In for Super Mario galaxy 2 (-$10 gc, +$20 gc), Halo: Reach (-$20 SMG2 gc, +$20 gc), and Splinter Cell: Conviction ($54 - $20 H:R gc, +$10 gc)

so I'm guessing the Walmart eGC's don't have an expiration date? also anyone now if I can order real gift cards with it? oh and what's the shipping? I'm not sure if the bing cb and the tax on the $29.96 is better than Amazon (I get taxed :cry:)

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Anyone that has pre-ordered from Wal-Mart, do you know what shipping is running for just one game (Super Mario Galaxy 2 is what I want, but I'm sure that doesn't really matter) I see that they only offer "Ship To Home" and I know Walmart can be a little high sometimes on shipping.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I've gotten Bad Company 2 and God of War 3 Ultimate Edition w/ free shipping from walmart.com. I got both packages on the Friday of each game's week release, so pretty awesome.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']I've gotten Bad Company 2 and God of War 3 Ultimate Edition w/ free shipping from walmart.com. I got both packages on the Friday of each game's week release, so pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I may give this a try then. I'd like to save $20, but at the same time, there is that thrill of getting to go to the store and buy a game on release that is pretty :drool: too... Will probably do a pre-order and just cancel it if something better comes along.

Thanks for the info!

I used my $20 GC from Madden 2011 to buy Bad Company 2,
now I'm going to use my $20 GC from BC2 to buy Mario Galaxy 2.
I'm kinda digging this chain of GCs from Walmart.

I've gotta have Halo Reach on release date though,
so I'll wait for Amazon to match on that one.
Looking forward to seeing what else walmart might offer $20 GCs with.

Question: I've had Mario Galaxy 2 preordered from Amazon for a while now, if they were to match this (which I really think they will), would the credit/gift card/whatever it may be, be automatically be added on for me or?

[quote name='wacekar7']Question: I've had Mario Galaxy 2 preordered from Amazon for a while now, if they were to match this (which I really think they will), would the credit/gift card/whatever it may be, be automatically be added on for me or?[/QUOTE]

Yes, when the game shipped.

And if they didn't, contacting them would get it.

Holy crap. Amazing deals!

Though Amazon has not always matched. Splinter Cell Conviction while cheap at $52 they did not match the $10 gift card *yet* though another $5 off with the code SPLINTER was worthy.

Damn, $20 gift card is really pushing it. Awesome pre-order incentives, beats Gamestop's crappy "In game bat!" and what not deals.

bread's done
Back