Walmart deals are LIVE in-store

Tarheel76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey Gamers !! I know it's been noted on a few other threads, but I wanted to personally confirm that the game deals are LIVE IN STORE!! After reading what others have said, I decided to take a chance since I'm only 5 mins away. Of course YMMV !!
I walked over to the electronics dept, (which surprisingly wasn't busy), asked the lady for XCOM Enemy Unknown for Xbox 360....(all prepared to play dumb if it rang up at $60)....but it rang up at $25.00 !! Plus tax it came to $27.33.
I didn't need anything else, since I racked up earlier in the day via Amazon & will be heading to the MS Store tonight. (@ 20min drive from my home)
Plus I couldn't find anyone that has lowered XCOM under $35 other than Walmart. I'm in Tempe, AZ....& all the games are still in the cases marked as they normally would be.
Take a chance if you like.....but I can't stress enough YMMV !!!

Game on everyone !!!

[quote name='Romeo']Pyramid, it sounds like you live in an area with many... what I call 'undesirables'. What is the demographic like around that store?[/QUOTE]

WASPs. Nothing but WASPs.

Usually I am here for deals but now I am here to read these crazy ridiculous stories. I haven't been to a BF in 7-8 years but then again I've never experienced the type of ish that is going on now.

^ Beat me to it. Just ordered NBA 2K13 [PS3] to be shipped. I knew my patience would pay off, and that saves me from the hassle of having to get it in the store.

[quote name='Romeo']Pyramid, it sounds like you live in an area with many... what I call 'undesirables'. What is the demographic like around that store?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't understand how crowds can get that bad. My area is certainly in the gutter economically, but the crowd was actually pleasant. I helped a few people find games, and a lady offered me one I was looking for as well. I guess it helps that there are 4 Walmarts within a 30 mile radius.

I was on my way home at 8:10, since they wouldn't ring us up until 8.

My Gran Turismo 5 XL order went through.

And it didn't sell out within a fraction of a millisecond, I hope you're taking notes Amazon.

Just ordered the following online:

Ship to Home:
Jak and Daxter Collection - PS3
Sly Collection - PS3
Ratchet and Clank Collection - PS3
COD: Black Ops Limited Edition - PS3
Gran Turismo 5 XL - PS3

In Store Pickup -
WWE '13 - 360
God of War Saga - PS3

All for $105 before tax.

Glad the prices popped up online for those who waited.

[quote name='Killbomb']That was a great read, Pyramid Head. Glad you made it out alive![/QUOTE]

One of the worst things about it was in the small electronics rush at 10PM, there were a lot of chicks with babies and even like, little teacup chihuahas tucked away in their jackets and shit. I don't even want to think about what could have happened to them.

Of course, all that happened at 10PM, which allowed me to go hop in line for the midnight BF sale at the local Gamestop (I wanted the F:NV GotY), where it was horribly, dangerously, perilously.... peaceful. About 40 or 50 people all in line for a little shoebox Gamestop and not so much as a burp or a bumped elbow. Not even two miles away from Battlefield: Walmart.

[quote name='Pyramid Head']Got in line for a TV at my Super Walmart in Mesa, AZ at about 8:30 AM for my parents yesterday. They arrived to take my place, so I decided to go take a look at the video games! I was just hoping to get the LEGO games for the 360 and was hoping that maybe they would be in their own little display while the Maddens and the Call of Duties and stuff were big enough to garner THEIR own displays. And then maybe ticket taking or lines or SOMETHING for the bigger games like that.

Nope!

What do we get instead? Picture the big broad "action aisle" that forms the border between the grocery section and apparel, about maybe 90 feet long 15 feet wide, dotted with palettes covered with big cardboard boxes. At the front of the store is the ONLY Xbox 360 game display, followed by 4 or 5 DVD/Bluray displays, then in the middle the ONLY Wii game display, followed by 4 or 5 more DVD/Bluray displays, and then ending with the ONLY PS3 game display. The cardboard covers are scheduled to be removed at 7PM, and the games available to be bought at 8PM, but until then we all line up at... where's the line? Oh, there is no line, we're supposed to just sort of crowd around and press into the grocery aisles and the women's clothing and the bad watches on display and wait? Oh...

As it gets closer to 7, more and more people come, confused as to whether or not Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 is part of the sale, confused as to where Assassin's Creed 3 is going to be, etc. The crowd is three people deep and 30 feet around by the time they remove the cardboard, and I find out that each side of this palette is dedicated to a specific price range, and I'm on the 360 controller side of the palette. fuck. I move from the front of the crowd on the controller side to the back of the crowd on the $15 game side in front of my precious Lego Batman 2. :roll: I end up in front of two giant 6'3", 225lbs+ dudes and next to a twelve-year-old girl and her 4'10" twenty-year-older sister and shoot the shit with all of them about what we want. Everybody wants MW3, Black Ops, AC3, Madden13... I just want to see LEGO Hermione turn LEGO Ron into a rubber frog!

The crowd grows more and more as it gets closer to 8PM, the cops are there and it's one cop + one worker to a palette. The cops keep yelling at people to press further into the grocery aisles to make way for traffic, eventually putting tape down, but the line keeps getting pressed bit by bit over the tape until we get yelled at again. Finally, over the intercom, the voice of Walmart thanks us for showing up, and announces to let the shopping begin! A beat passes, everybody leans in, poised to make an immediate grab for what they want, and a customer in the crowd yells out "GO!" In that instant, I make an evaluation, and I decide not to "go."

When you see Black Friday as depicted on YouTube or the news, you always see people diving and being crushed and tripping and falling and bare asses hanging out, but it has to be the worst of it, rare and infrequent, right? Maybe not. Immediately everyone closes in on the display like every zombie movie you've ever seen, and I see the 4'10" girl go down. Three seconds in the cardboard display gives way under the weight and everyone goes down, someone throws games into the air and people scream. I see one of the 6'3" dudes on top of everyone with his bare ass hanging out of his jeans. A dude has to be pulled up as he scoots away from the crowd on his back. Cardboard from the display is thrown from the center and into the crowd and strikes a little girl. A woman crawls away on her knees with a copy of NCAA2k13. 30 seconds later the employees and cops have cleared everyone away and EVERYTHING is gone, including half of the fucking CARDBOARD from the DISPLAY. The little twelve-year-old girl runs up to me out of breath, shoves a copy of LEGO Batman 2 into my hands, with the plastic wrap ripped and tattered, and says "YOU WANTED THIS, RIGHT? HERE YOU GO!" Holy shit. Everyone is trading what they got in their mad scramble so I call out asking if anyone has an Xbox LEGO Harry Potter they don't want, and a nine-year-old boy with fresh bruises on his arms hands me one. Jesus Christ!

I ended up finding LEGO Batman 1 in a less traumatizing way just discarded in an aisle, but I still had to get a new soundbar for my parents' new TV, and that meant braving the 10PM electronics reveal in the exact same smash and grab format as the video games. I knew what to expect this time, so I asked someone next to me in the crowd if I could stand in front of their (turned sideways) cart right before it hit 10PM... and it was like hiding behind a rock as a dam gave way. Everyone slammed into the cardboard displays and each other with a sound that I could only compare to the Michael Bay-exaggerated sound of football players slamming into each other after the ball is snapped.

I actually ended up getting everything I wanted, but all either from waiting in line with tickets or after the struggle is already over. Incredibly dangerous, I don't think I'll be doing that shit again.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, that's embarrassing that people get that crazy over saving money, especially on things that aren't necessities! That little girl was a boss though! :lol:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']how are people getting ship to store to work?

For example I want to get Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 but the store I set on my profile doesn't have it. Under "Pickup Information"

Code:
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=#666666]Not carried[/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666]in your local[/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666][B]STORELOCATION[/B][/COLOR] store.
[*][COLOR=#333333][B]Free store pickup[/B][/COLOR] with [IMG]http://i2.walmartimages.com/i/fusion/icn_sitetostore.gif[/IMG]– not available in [COLOR=#666666][B]STORELOCATION[/B][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
The ps3 is in stock however I do not see a ship to store option
Code:
In stock in your local STORELOCATION store.[LEFT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]
[LIST]
[*]Find in another store
[/LIST]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#666666]Show this number 0071042547102 to a Walmart associate to find this item in your store.[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
Also God of War Saga is available at the store but limited so I guess that's why I can't do shiptostore
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][B]Limited stock [/B][/COLOR]in your local [COLOR=#666666][B]STORELOCATION[/B][/COLOR] store.[LEFT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]
[LIST]
[*]Find in another store
[/LIST]
[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#666666]Show this number [B]0071171999069[/B] to a Walmart associate to find this item in your store.[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
edit not sure why copy/pasted text looks so bad[/QUOTE]

It actually just came up as available for a store near me on my cell to add to cart, so I went ahead and placed an order without hesitation. For some reason now it says that it's not available to purchase on the page.

[quote name='slidecage']online is DEAD or busted.. can get item in cart but then it just freezes on checkout[/QUOTE]
I tried for hours last night to get checkout to work, and couldn't do it until sometime this afternoon. Just try again after while, I think the site is just cloged.

[quote name='slidecage']online is DEAD or busted.. can get item in cart but then it just freezes on checkout[/QUOTE]

Worked for me, just did ship to grocery store...

Went to the store and it worked. I got Max Payne 3 for 15 bucks. The employees told me that the prices were there, they didn't put much resistance and they checked the price it was at the sale price.

Between Amazon's matches and Walmart's Brown Thursday, I managed to snag ACIII, Dishonored, Transformers FoC, Borderlands 2, Ratchet and Clank HD collection, and Sly Cooper HD collection. The only one I missed out on was Jak and Daxter HD, which Walmart didn't have so I couldn't pricematch with GS.

Anybody know if the store still have the Black Friday deals live? It seems like the website updated prices to regular this morning.

I am so f-ing pissed at WalMart they cancelled my Tekken Tag 2 order for store pick up fuuuuuu oh well

[quote name='trdmatrix88']Anybody know if the store still have the Black Friday deals live? It seems like the website updated prices to regular this morning.[/QUOTE]

I scanned a few games(spiderman, la noire, gta complete) and they were back to regular prices. Figures since there were games there today that I missed yesterday.

I opted not to go into Walmart on Thanksgiving. But after a half-day of work on Friday, I had the chance to stop by Walmart on my way home. It was about 2 pm when I got there. The clearance section had been picked over, and there were few options left in the bin. However, I poked around the electronics section and came across some shopping carts that had several of the games on the list in them. I was able to pick out quite a few of the games that I had been hoping for. The final tally...

Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
Skyrim (PS3)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
XCom: Enemy Unknown (PS3)
Dance Central 3 (XBox 360)
Wii Play Motion (Wii)
Mario Tennis (Wii)

I was satisfied with this haul, especially because I didn't have to brave the worst of the shopping rush.

Got them to PM the Target MS Points, which was great, sadly the two I went to were out of Forza, Spec Ops, and Borderlands 2 as well. Still happy, but I'll have to monitor for more sales (mostly just Spec Ops and maybe BL2 as well).

Is XCOM worth it? I haven't played such a strategic game, tbh. I had intended to get it before I found that part out in the early reviews.

Walmart still has the PS3 $199 bundle in stock, if anyone missed it other places. You'd have to pay tax, but everywhere else is pretty much sold out.

Ordered XCOM for pickup (had already intended to get it for a while now, but became undecided). Just couldn't pass it up.

Thanks to the OP for this thread! Went to Walmart 2 hours before the sale was suppose to start. Got the games I wanted, skipped the line, and mad out like a true CAG! Made my Black Friday!

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Walmart.com is down right now... at least for me. Can't checkout, keeps getting those forever loading screen during checkout.[/QUOTE]
That happened to me before I ordered. I always use Opera or IE instead and it works fine.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']Walmart still has the PS3 $199 bundle in stock, if anyone missed it other places. You'd have to pay tax, but everywhere else is pretty much sold out.[/QUOTE]

Update: Looks like they've removed the solo bundle and made a new one that adds a bargain game and a charge kit. Plus the site is being slow.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']Update: Looks like they've removed the solo bundle and made a new one that adds a bargain game and a charge kit. Plus the site is being slow.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up i wasn't able to find the bundles at different stores. I can add it to my cart and go through the checkout process, but does not give any shipping options so im stuck on that page :cry:

[quote name='Tallest-Midget']Thanks for the heads up i wasn't able to find the bundles at different stores. I can add it to my cart and go through the checkout process, but does not give any shipping options so im stuck on that page :cry:[/QUOTE]
Just go to the product page and choose a local store, add it to your cart, and then once you go back to the cart page it will show the shipping option. That's what I had to do.

[quote name='plus1zero']On my way now fast as my camaro will get me there :p

I want xcom[/QUOTE]

i don't post on forums much, but i had to lol then smh at someone stealth bragging over a $19k car. Everyone on my campus has one of these :lol:

BF3 premium edition was a good pick up for me

bread's done
Back