Walmart deals are LIVE in-store

Tarheel76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey Gamers !! I know it's been noted on a few other threads, but I wanted to personally confirm that the game deals are LIVE IN STORE!! After reading what others have said, I decided to take a chance since I'm only 5 mins away. Of course YMMV !!
I walked over to the electronics dept, (which surprisingly wasn't busy), asked the lady for XCOM Enemy Unknown for Xbox 360....(all prepared to play dumb if it rang up at $60)....but it rang up at $25.00 !! Plus tax it came to $27.33.
I didn't need anything else, since I racked up earlier in the day via Amazon & will be heading to the MS Store tonight. (@ 20min drive from my home)
Plus I couldn't find anyone that has lowered XCOM under $35 other than Walmart. I'm in Tempe, AZ....& all the games are still in the cases marked as they normally would be.
Take a chance if you like.....but I can't stress enough YMMV !!!

Game on everyone !!!

[quote name='plus1zero']Yeah...that guy's either a weirdo or a tool. Probably both.

I would've wrecked his shit had I seen him grab my fiancee's booty.[/QUOTE]
guaranteed he didn't actually grab it. "Grabbing mad ass" to him was people scraping by and touched him with their hips.

came in about 30 minutes after it started and was hoping to get lucky with a copy of WWE 13, but I guess those must have went fast, but I did score XCom, LBP 2, and Socom 4. I would have grabbed GOW Saga if I didn't already beat all those games, that's a crazy deal.

Picked up WWE 13, Dishonored, MOH: Warfighter, La Noire, MW2, and the Sylvania dual 7" screen/dvd player for the wifes car. It was a mad house for sure!

Walmart Electronics employee account:

I work in a pretty small store in northern Wisconsin. Worked 2-11PM tonight. Store had almost no customers, but was quite loud with our receiving team setting stuff up until about 5pm. I went in the back around then to check if we had more of the sale games in our overstock cabinet. Noticed a bunch of our overstock games were older stuff that had dropped in price to $20 or below, so ran it past my supervisor and the store manager if I could pull all of them out to try to sell through the stock. Both said it was a good idea, so I loaded a whole shopping cart full of older games not in the ad, everything under $20 except the two dozen copies of Max Payne 3 that have been stuck there since release.

No idea what ever happened to that cart by the end of the night. I took a walk around the store to survey the damage and didn't see it. Hopefully everything sold--there was a lot of junk, but also a few decent games (one copy of PS3 Alice: MR for $19.96).

Surprisingly only had one customer huff off about us running out of advertised items. Our store only got about a dozen Nook Color tablets, and people started lining up for then around 7PM. We had enough of everything else back by electronics.

6-8PM was mostly question after question after question about where items were. Never heard so much radio chatter. At one point I had to wait a solid 3 minutes before I could get my question in for a customer. Fortunately everyone was patient and understanding.

We opened all our video game cases at 8PM. Our AP manager says we make way more from doing that than what we're bound to lose from a few thefts. Oddly enough, the cases looked like they were barely touched when I walked by after my shift and we were locking them back up.

Only item I really wanted that I wasn't able to grab for myself was the Nook tablet. Picked up Skylanders Giants starter, Dishonored, XCOM, GOW Saga and Ratchet & Clank collection all for PS3. Didn't expect to find even half that since I had to wait til my breaks to shop, but ended up finding the last copy of all but the Skylanders kit (we had about 4 more for PS3). Also grabbed Brave and Princess Bride on blu-ray after my shift. Couldn't find The Last Starfighter, but I rarely watch movies on disc so no big loss.

All in all . . . I worried way more than I should've. When it was time to do my job, it all worked out just fine. As I said, only had one customer leave angry--everyone else was at least understanding, if not downright pleasant.

Freezing rain started rolling in right around 8PM, switching to snow at some point before 11. We're about 30 minutes from the closest major highway, so it's mostly locals and savvy folks who don't want to hop from store to store shopping at our store for black friday deals.

I . . . don't really even want to imagine what it was like at bigger stores. Despite the slow beginning, it was still the busiest shift I've done since starting in electronics about 6 months ago.

Got to make a nice guy's day by giving him like 4 Black Ops 2 posters and some Skylanders mini-posters for his younger brothers. That's always a nice perk :)

Went to the Walmart in Nacogdoches, TX at about 7:15, wandered around with a friend who ended up buying the only Deluxe Wii U, which since it wasn't a BF item, he bought before the madness began and promptly left the store! Said he got a lot of dirty looks from parents as they were walking in :lol: The clerk that checked him out said they get two or three consoles every day though, so I'm sure those folks will be fine.

As for me, I hit up the 360 game kiosk, which was set up near boys clothes. Until about 7:50, the kiosk was crowded with people, those who were up front had their hands on a stack of games, ready to grab and run off. Kudos to them for being first I guess. Then at 7:50, the word "go!" was shouted, and all hell broke loose for GAMES THAT WERE READILY AVAILABLE ON THE SHELF. Unless you wanted Just Dance 4, you walked away with exactly what you came for. Yet still, two guys felt it necessary to get into a fistfight over a game! They ended up on the ground, knocking over the Wii kiosk right next door, and getting everyone to stop what they were doing for...about one second. Then it was back to normal.

Aside from those two dudes, everyone was super polite, considering we were all in a mad frenzy for cheap games. One girl I talked to prior to the start said she was in for Dance Central 3, and said she would grab me one since she was closer to the shelf! That copy was quickly snatched out of my hand by some moron, because I easily reached over and grabbed another copy off the shelf. Then I ended up not buying it anyway.

Walked out with Kinect Sports Collection, XCOM, and Spec Ops. Like I said, unless it was JD4, everyone got exactly what they came for. Lucky for me, nobody came for any of those three games, because people are dumb.

tl;dr: Saw dudes fight, got Kinect Sports, XCOM, and Spec Ops with ease. Friend bought a Wii U and every parent in town now hates him. Gave him a high five for it. Was out of the store before 9PM.

Oh, and thank god I ordered the PS3 bundle on Newegg. Don't even want to know what that was like. Free shipping and no tax anyway, so I came out on top!

Fun stories everyone :) My trip with my bro in law was smoother than I imagined. Picked up the only wwe 13 I found but gave it to a mom that was looking for it. Ended up picking up moh:warfare... And 5 1600 cards for 10 each (Walmart price matched no problem)

They will price match the cards btw.. . If you get 5 or less you may have more luck since they won't need a CSM override if it's 50 or less.

My unexpected purchase was Harry Potter blu rays (all of them) for 32 bucks total. Overall a nice experience!

So, was anyone able to find "hidden gems" on sale for $25/$15/$10 that weren't explicitly listed in the ad? Each category mentions the existence of additional games at their respective price, so I'm curious.

DoA5 definitely isn't among them, though--that rung up at $59.99 when I asked an employee to do a price-check.

While we were waiting to check out, these 2 white chicks behind us proceeded to tell us they just had a brawl with some black chicks over some $7 picture frames. One of the black chicks sprayed mace in both the girls faces and the other black chick took the picture frames they had and bailed. I was like, "how fucking ghetto do you have to be to mace somebody for some $7 picture frames"? I hope like hell the 2 that did that shit get what they got coming.

[quote name='Indyjones']Those of you who were able to nab LA Noire - is it the vanilla release or the complete collection?[/QUOTE]Vanilla

This guy took every PS3 and 360 copy of the games on sale and bought it all for roughly $2,000... Ended up picking up FIFA 13 off him for 30 bucks. Whatever still 5 bucks cheaper than everywhere else.

[quote name='krashhole']While we were waiting to check out, these 2 white chicks behind us proceeded to tell us they just had a brawl with some black chicks over some $7 picture frames. One of the black chicks sprayed mace in both the girls faces and the other black chick took the picture frames they had and bailed. I was like, "how fucking ghetto do you have to be to mace somebody for some $7 picture frames"? I hope like hell the 2 that did that shit get what they got coming.[/QUOTE]

Last year, I saw an older lady pull a shiv on a group of younvger ladies over 1.48 towels.

Just PM TRU b1g1 for $1 for 4 games at walmart. Dishonored, NFS MW, Medal of Honor Warfighter, and wipeout 3 for $52. Worth the cuts and bruises!! :lol:

[quote name='krashhole']While we were waiting to check out, these 2 white chicks behind us proceeded to tell us they just had a brawl with some black chicks over some $7 picture frames. One of the black chicks sprayed mace in both the girls faces and the other black chick took the picture frames they had and bailed. I was like, "how fucking ghetto do you have to be to mace somebody for some $7 picture frames"? I hope like hell the 2 that did that shit get what they got coming.[/QUOTE]
reminds me of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ucF7ZzRkKc&feature=related

[quote name='mikenoob']This guy took every PS3 and 360 copy of the games on sale and bought it all for roughly $2,000... Ended up picking up FIFA 13 off him for 30 bucks. Whatever still 5 bucks cheaper than everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

After my experience...how was he even physically ABLE to accomplish such a thing? I'm surprised he wasn't murdered.

[quote name='plutoknight']Last year, I saw an older lady pull a shiv on a group of younvger ladies over 1.48 towels.[/QUOTE]

A shiv? Was your Walmart in a Soviet Gulag?

[quote name='mikenoob']This guy took every PS3 and 360 copy of the games on sale and bought it all for roughly $2,000... Ended up picking up FIFA 13 off him for 30 bucks. Whatever still 5 bucks cheaper than everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Calling bullshit.

There is no way he'd be able to do that in front of everyone. He'd get stabbed and beaten even in my town of roughly 1,000 people. Some people have fought me for one copy of a game before. And he stood out there selling every copy he bought to people who waited in line to buy them? Yeah, okay. Even if it isn't bullshit, you're retarded for paying him $30 for a sports game he just bought for less.

I was able to get ten 1600 point Msft points cards price matched for $10 each with the target add. But, the store was a zoon even at 11. 50 deep on each register in Streamwood, IL. Crazy.

I'm not even bullshitting. I know it's tough to believe, I honestly still don't believe I just witnessed that. A plus of buying FIFA off him was that they allowed him to cut the lines and they rang him up next. I didn't have to wait in line to checkout the game. I forgot about the Wii U and whatever other console he purchased. That rang up as 717 while the games itself was about 1200.

7jPNz.jpg

Methuen, MA Walmart if anyone was there as well

[quote name='FiendCameron']When I read this, I imagined you having the voice of the ShamWow guy.[/QUOTE]

When I read this the most awkward loud duck laugh came out of my moulth. :whistle2:#

He's not pictured above, he's just off camera to the register on the left. It was some Asian guy with what looked like his mom. I just wanted to snap a picture to show on facebook that some guy really just swiped the big games people really wanted.

[quote name='henry00x']that dude is a douchebag to do something like that, seriously that shouldnt even have been allowed by walmart staff[/QUOTE]

+1...it's one thing to do this on eBay. It's a SD thing to do, but it's still a legitimate thing. While this is legit too, it's just about as douchey as you can get to do this IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORE!

[quote name='decon']The crazy Black Friday Walmart stories are hilarious. Keep them coming![/QUOTE]

Mine was pretty Decent people dindn't take games to flip only games they wanted. They also got the ones from the buttom of the stands and put them on top so other people woudn't have to kneel down and risk getting hurt. Everyone was also friendly and chatty and the clerks let you get games out of the display case and charged them as they are in the adds.

On a personal note ran in to an old friend from highschool, so that was fun.

can you do price matches with your smartphone or do you need a physical ad? Also when you price match with a physical ad do they take it away from you or do they give it back?

I just left Walmart here in Oklahoma and for some reason our video games were priced $39, $18, and $11 instead of $25, $15, and $10. Well I'm 35 miles from Texas and they have a Walmart there that had the games for the cheaper price. I walked in the store picked up Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and went to check out and the lady priced matched me. Didn't have to fight anyone or wait.

[quote name='Outrun9']can you do price matches with your smartphone or do you need a physical ad? Also when you price match with a physical ad do they take it away from you or do they give it back?[/QUOTE]

I used my phone, and the cashier didnt ask any questions.

[quote name='mikenoob']I'm not even bullshitting. I know it's tough to believe, I honestly still don't believe I just witnessed that. A plus of buying FIFA off him was that they allowed him to cut the lines and they rang him up next. I didn't have to wait in line to checkout the game. I forgot about the Wii U and whatever other console he purchased. That rang up as 717 while the games itself was about 1200.

7jPNz.jpg

Methuen, MA Walmart if anyone was there as well[/QUOTE]

So, he cut the line AND bought all of the games, you say? I doubt it. It looks like they are putting out inventory. I can't imagine any customers on this planet allowing him to do that. That store would be all over Twitter!

done shopping at walmart, idc how good their black friday deals may be. I went in to get some games and what they did was take some of the games and put them on sale and kept the rest behind glass and said they we're full price still. wtf? Fortunately I was still able to get the games I wanted only cause someone had put one back later on.

Other than that, I was able to grab other stuff I wanted (except laptop for my mom) but I cant stand smelly/ignorant/crazy customers anymore. Online only for me now

/rant

Okay whatever, I know what I saw. My bad I didn't think about recording a video of the entire process. If anyone's in Mass or NH, hit up Methuen Walmart and ask the employees about if anyone bought a thousand dollars worth of games.

He had an employee take out all the games from behind the glass for him. This happened within the first hour it opened up. He wasn't doing inventory.

I rarely even post here, I honestly would not even trying to conjure up some bullshit story. It's understandable some of you are highly doubting me, but trust, I still don't even believe I just witnessed that.

[quote name='jbLighty']Online it says my local walmart has nba 2k13 in stock but when I went there I couldn't find a single copy :roll:[/QUOTE]

not sure if trolling or stupid

[quote name='jbLighty']Online it says my local walmart has nba 2k13 in stock but when I went there I couldn't find a single copy :roll:[/QUOTE]

what about in the case?

[quote name='mikenoob']Okay whatever, I know what I saw. My bad I didn't think about recording a video of the entire process. If anyone's in Mass or NH, hit up Methuen Walmart and ask the employees about if anyone bought a thousand dollars worth of games.

He had an employee take out all the games from behind the glass for him. This happened within the first hour it opened up. He wasn't doing inventory.

I rarely even post here, I honestly would not even trying to conjure up some bullshit story. It's understandable some of you are highly doubting me, but trust, I still don't even believe I just witnessed that.[/QUOTE]

I believe you. It IS Walmart. I'm just glad that was what you witnessed and didn't have to see some poor soul get beaten or murdered over some $5 off deal.

I would call a lawyer immediately

well, i had an unexpectedly pleasant excursion to Walmart at 1:30am in Phoenix. After striking out on Lego Batman 2 on Amazon, i figured i'd see if it was 'in stock' anywhere in the area (i know, i know)
There's a walmart about 5 miles from me in Tempe, not the one i usually go to. I went for the heck of it, parked pretty much right in front, walked in, hardly anyone but employees in there. walked back to the electronics, and there were piles of random games all over the checkout stand. I grabbed batman 2 and the lady said there were more games by 'grocery', so i headed over there and the display was pretty much full of every single game that was part of the sale, literally. I snagged Sly, Gran Turismo and a blu ray, headed up to the ONE SINGLE cash register open, no one else in line, was out of there in 5 minutes. The cashier said just an hour before, every register was going and there were people everywhere. I can't believe it. Maybe I'm liking the weird black friday/brown thursday setup this year after all.

Did anyone try unsuccessfully to match the TrU B1G1 deal on top of Walmarts Black Friday prices? I saw a couple people saying they did it but it seems like it'd be pretty ymmv.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Did anyone try unsuccessfully to match the TrU B1G1 deal on top of Walmarts Black Friday prices? I saw a couple people saying they did it but it seems like it'd be pretty ymmv.[/QUOTE]
i'm looking at the ad trying to figure out how the fuck they did it
it says 59.99 next to the games on the ad.
they must not have been paying very much attention

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i'm looking at the ad trying to figure out how the fuck they did it
it says 59.99 next to the games on the ad.
they must not have been paying very much attention[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figure they were probably swamped at the time and/or didn't know their policies too well. I'm betting if I tried it now it wouldn't work since they won't be busy. I'll probably try it at some point today anyway just because it'd be too good to pass up if it does work.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah I figure they were probably swamped at the time and/or didn't know their policies too well. I'm betting if I tried it now it wouldn't work since they won't be busy.[/QUOTE]
i'll try 2m i guess when i get my layaway. I know im gunna look stupid when a walmart employee points at the 59.99 tag on the ad lol

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i'll try 2m i guess when i get my layaway. I know im gunna look stupid when a walmart employee points at the 59.99 tag on the ad lol[/QUOTE]

Well technically the pm policy just says the ad you're PMing has to have a specified price. It doesn't say that specified price is the price that Walmart has to sell them to you for.

That's about all I got haha

I dont know I wouldnt spend $25 for Need for Speed but I'd sure spend $26 for 2 copies.

[quote name='pasolini']well, i had an unexpectedly pleasant excursion to Walmart at 1:30am in Phoenix. After striking out on Lego Batman 2 on Amazon, i figured i'd see if it was 'in stock' anywhere in the area (i know, i know)
There's a walmart about 5 miles from me in Tempe, not the one i usually go to. I went for the heck of it, parked pretty much right in front, walked in, hardly anyone but employees in there. walked back to the electronics, and there were piles of random games all over the checkout stand. I grabbed batman 2 and the lady said there were more games by 'grocery', so i headed over there and the display was pretty much full of every single game that was part of the sale, literally. I snagged Sly, Gran Turismo and a blu ray, headed up to the ONE SINGLE cash register open, no one else in line, was out of there in 5 minutes. The cashier said just an hour before, every register was going and there were people everywhere. I can't believe it. Maybe I'm liking the weird black friday/brown thursday setup this year after all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had a similar story.

I went to a Wal-mart in a small town, Boiling Springs, SC, just down the road from my gym. It was about 10:30 pm, but it was so packed that the nearby stores' parking lots were packed, like Applebees and Wendys. I mean, I hoped those two restaurants weren't slammed at 10:30 pm on Thanksgiving of all days.

Anyhow, I just turned around and went to the gym. I returned at 2:00 am and it was still packed, but not as bad as it had been, so I decided to give it a shot. All I wanted was Gran Turismo XL for $10. I got the guy stocking the gaming cases to unlock the budget PS3 titles and pluck out Gran Turismo for me. I couldn't remember the other deals because I didn't pay them any attention, but none of the sale prices were displayed. Anyhow, I only remember seeing 2 or 3 slots empty. 95% of the titles were there with large stocks, to my surprise.

Either Wal-mart really stocked the hell up for this sale, or all those shoppers earlier weren't buying that many games.

Anyhow, I was the first person in line, too, but I did check out in the Electronics department. Still, there were only two others behind me at that time. It was a bit busier at the front, but they had already closed most of the registers.

I saw several cops scattered through the store and outside in the parking lot. Boiling Springs, SC sure has a lot of fat ass cops. They must be deadshots with a gun because there's no way they'd chase anybody down. Still, I'd say their aim with a jelly roll to their mouths must be even better.

I got the last copy of Forza Horizon because my friend saw someone throw it back on the display while I was talking to an old high school basketball teammate. (btw, I have never seen someone so stoned, seriously, dude looked so funny trying to cart around his huge LED tv and being mindfucked by every shelf that hooked his cart :rofl:)

bread's done
Back