Walmart deals are LIVE in-store

Tarheel76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey Gamers !! I know it's been noted on a few other threads, but I wanted to personally confirm that the game deals are LIVE IN STORE!! After reading what others have said, I decided to take a chance since I'm only 5 mins away. Of course YMMV !!
I walked over to the electronics dept, (which surprisingly wasn't busy), asked the lady for XCOM Enemy Unknown for Xbox 360....(all prepared to play dumb if it rang up at $60)....but it rang up at $25.00 !! Plus tax it came to $27.33.
I didn't need anything else, since I racked up earlier in the day via Amazon & will be heading to the MS Store tonight. (@ 20min drive from my home)
Plus I couldn't find anyone that has lowered XCOM under $35 other than Walmart. I'm in Tempe, AZ....& all the games are still in the cases marked as they normally would be.
Take a chance if you like.....but I can't stress enough YMMV !!!

Game on everyone !!!

[quote name='biggie2123']What time does the Scottsdale story open? I thought it was closed until tomorrow. If not, I would go tonight![/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the MS STORE at Scottsdale Mall, they WILL be open at midnight tonight. I had several employees reiterate and confirm this to me after I did the "Windows Phone challenge" for a $25 coupon off a $75 purchase last night...(which I'll be using tonight, & with that I spoke with the manager before I left there, who said I could use it & he will be there tonight as well.

Macy's is the only other store that will be open tonight at the mall. Both MS & Macy's worked something out with the "big wigs" at the mall to be the only ones open. I'm sure they had to pay a "pretty penny" to do it.
Also if you go to the Microsoft Store website and do a search for the Scottsdale store, there is a place somewhere that you can see their holiday hrs.

See you there.....MIDNIGHT TONIGHT !!!!!

Happy shopping everyone & Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Went to Walmart, picked up Red Dead GOTY. The cashier seemed confused at to why I was buying it early, and got rather disgruntled when it rang up at the sale price. He didn't think it seemed fair for me to get it early, but sold it to me anyway.

Just a heads up, not all the games are ringing up at the BF prices. I tried to buy Angry Birds Collections but it rang up as $40, all other games I tried were at BF prices though.

[quote name='MPNY']This I'm looking for the WWE 13 Confirmation on this. My Walmart is ghetto though oh well

#whiteboyintheghettoproblems[/QUOTE]

every game is selling for BF prices

just got wwe 13 for $25 and ratchet all 4 one for $10

spec ops was $15
GT5 is $10 but mine didn't have any

so if you want to beat the rush get there asap

I work at the Walmart in Prattville, AL and can confirm the same thing. All games that are part of the Black Friday sale are ringing up sale price. I think corporate pushed the price changes at 6 AM this morning. Anyways, it may be YMMV because some managers have told us not to sell the games that are part of the BF sale while others said just do it.

I can confirm the games and Blu-Rays are live. I was in and out in under 15 minutes. Many people have posted similar experiences in other threads.

My Walmart said it was a glitch in the system and refused to sell me anything that has been marked down, even though they were from the shelf...

[quote name='plus1zero']On my way now fast as my camaro will get me there :p

I want xcom[/QUOTE]
You have a kick ass car dude.

[quote name='Deader2818']Can they really just refuse to sell you something because they don't like the price is ringing up as?[/QUOTE]Technically, no. But honestly, it's up to the management. If you bitch enough, I imagine they'll sell it.

It is live. Just picked up Borderlands 2, NBA 2K13 for 25 each. I also got the Skylanders Giants starter pack for 38. In and out in 10 minutes.

YMMV on this!!! I went to my local shithole (aka Walmart) since I live two minutes away from one, the employee went to check with a CSM and refused to sell me the games at all since they said they can only go on sale at 12. Oh well, only really wanted Borderlands 2 as the others I snagged via MS store.

So this is legit, but the only thing I was able to buy was WWE 13 since everything was already outside of the security boxes waiting for 8 PM. Found a copy of it on an EA display shelf.

[quote name='whtknight']My Walmart said it was a glitch in the system and refused to sell me anything that has been marked down, even though they were from the shelf...[/QUOTE]

This is what happened to me at mine as well. Encountered an octagenarian manning the electronics counter. They did have all of the games in-stock, behind the glass, but some were very depleted (Ratchet and Clank Collection had two copies, Borderlands two had a bunch, so it varied). She wouldn't even price check them for me. Tried to find another employee, but no dice. :(

On the plus side, my Walmart (24/7) was EMPTY. I mean, Omega Man empty, except for a handful of employees who were setting up the pallets.

[quote name='wtsutton']Didn't mean to quote you in that post. Was meant for the guy who quoted me. My bad. :)[/QUOTE]

No worries! :)

I can confirm Florida in the Orlando area is working..just picked up dishonored, forza, dance central 3, 2k13 all for door buster prices.

No, not everything is good just yet. I wanted to pick up Rise of the Planet of the Apes on Blu-Ray while I was there and it was still scanning for full-price so definitely not all of the electronics category items are live yet.

[quote name='foreinter']Anyone bought the white xbox 4g at $150?[/QUOTE] That probably won't be out on the floor since it comes shipped separately from the other Xboxes and is marked as BF so unless someone happened to accidentally put them out it probably won't be out until 8 PM.

[quote name='TooPoor']You have a kick ass car dude.[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) this girl pulled out in front of me going to work a month ago and totaled my truck, insurance was good to me and I had been looking at trading anyway so just went ahead and bought a 2012. Best car I've ever owned!

Also it made me want to buy forza so I had to get that for 15.00 too :D

[quote name='plus1zero']Thank you so much OP. now I ain't gotta fight and can just "enjoy" browsing tonight[/QUOTE]

Your welcome !! :D

Gotta look out for my "Gamers" !!! (As others have mentioned in prior threads)...just figured if I made this "stand out a little more" by the title it would get people to ZOOM in & grab their attention !
I think this saves a lot of people who didn't want to head out in a few hrs and be in that mess ! At least going now, most stores are functioning like "any other ordinary day", and we can get in and out in no time....FOR NOW !!
Sorry for those that didn't have much luck, especially when the employees were being B$%&#@S & wouldn't sell it to you when it's behind the locked case, and not covered up in a palate.

Hoping others that pick up XCOM like myself get the extra DLC included !!! (Elite Soldier Pack)

I can also confirm this.
I just got back from wallyworld in orange county, cal.
I asked the guy to open the cabinet for xcom and it rang up $25 plus tax.
and it comes with "Elite soldier pack" DLC

I was planning on going at midnight for this, but now I dont have to,
THANK YOU OP!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!! you saved me so many hours of stress with crowds, parking and traffic.

I just went to a local Walmart and all I wanted was WWE 13 but I didn't see it so I just walked out. I tried to call but they never pick up there phones around here -_-

Also, thanks to the OP. Congrats to those who managed to get these deals and will avoid the hordes tonight. Alas, I'll be right in the thick of it. Oh well.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']I called mine. They told me it has changed, that it was a mistake at the office, or something.

We all know how those phone calls go though. Always go in. So, I will go in after I see a few more people confirm this.[/QUOTE]
Why and the HELL did you call?

Going to go to my walmart and check and if the sales are not live then I won't be going tonight because I didn't want to in the first place.

Unfortunately I live in Oklahoma and in our Walmart ad all these games that are listed as $25 for you guys are listed for $43 for us. It's just not fair. :(

Still, Forza Horizon is cheap and so is 3 months of live. So, i will go give this a shot.

Got shut down at mine. They scanned but the lady got so excited at my deal she got so excited she told another employee who flipped and called the store manager. Long story short. My hicktown walmart just pulled the entire display case of games.

[quote name='Komentra']Going to go to my walmart and check and if the sales are not live then I won't be going tonight because I didn't want to in the first place.

Unfortunately I live in Oklahoma and in our Walmart ad all these games that are listed as $25 for you guys are listed for $43 for us. It's just not fair. :(

Still, Forza Horizon is cheap and so is 3 months of live. So, i will go give this a shot.[/QUOTE]
why is this? that really sucks :whistle2:(

Thanks OP!!! You just saved me hours tonight. I can confirm that prices are live, I just left a Walmart in Orange Park, FL with Forza Horizon (for me) and the Kinect Sports collection (for my son). Both rang up for $15.

Just got back from Wal-Mart and it worked for me as well. Several employees were back there picking up their games. Still going to Wal-Mart tonight to pick up some blu-rays and to watch all the chaos.

My visit wasn't successful either. I was trying to get LA Noire Complete Edition. Website showed it was in stock at my store. I looked thru the games section and all they had was the regular version. I'm thinking they have the game wrapped up in one of those not for sale until 8pm displays.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is live. Landed WWE 13. They didn't want to sell it to me. I haggled and got my way.

Minutes later my Walmart was evacuated, from what smelled like electrical problems.

Went, got NFS, Xcom, Forza and Batman 2 all for sale price... like 5 people in store... win

Apparently I forgot to get just dance 4 for wife, now shes pissed, fml

bread's done
Back