Walmart deals are LIVE in-store

Tarheel76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey Gamers !! I know it's been noted on a few other threads, but I wanted to personally confirm that the game deals are LIVE IN STORE!! After reading what others have said, I decided to take a chance since I'm only 5 mins away. Of course YMMV !!
I walked over to the electronics dept, (which surprisingly wasn't busy), asked the lady for XCOM Enemy Unknown for Xbox 360....(all prepared to play dumb if it rang up at $60)....but it rang up at $25.00 !! Plus tax it came to $27.33.
I didn't need anything else, since I racked up earlier in the day via Amazon & will be heading to the MS Store tonight. (@ 20min drive from my home)
Plus I couldn't find anyone that has lowered XCOM under $35 other than Walmart. I'm in Tempe, AZ....& all the games are still in the cases marked as they normally would be.
Take a chance if you like.....but I can't stress enough YMMV !!!

Game on everyone !!!

Picked up Fifa, Forza, and Max Payne. I was afraid the employee would say something but he didn't care. Sucks for you guys who went and got refused.

EVERYTHING IS ON SALE AT BLACK FRIDAY PRICES AT MINE. NOT JUST GAMES. I bought the Brave bluray for $8 and the crockpot for $10 as well as 2 skylanders and a couple other games. No on there has any idea what's going on and I was just walking around casually taking whatever I wanted. Awesome.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']It is live. Landed WWE 13. They didn't want to sell it to me. I haggled and got my way.

Minutes later my Walmart was evacuated, from what smelled like electrical problems.[/QUOTE]
Did you call it in?

First Wal Mart I went to had them on sale but didn't have XCOM. I went to the store a couple miles away and one employee was pulling all the sale games from the case and couldn't give me one. Had I been there 5 minutes earlier, I probably could've gotten a copy. So be aware that stores may definitely be pulling them now since word is getting out that the games are on sale already.

Just tried one of the three Wal-marts in Topeka. Xcom pc is still full price.

Edit-however, xcom on 360 was $25

[quote name='ctclements']EVERYTHING IS ON SALE AT BLACK FRIDAY PRICES AT MINE. NOT JUST GAMES. I bought the Brave bluray for $8 and the crockpot for $10 as well as 2 skylanders and a couple other games. No on there has any idea what's going on and I was just walking around casually taking whatever I wanted. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

LOL.....How funny, I can visualize you walking around there.....kinda like I was earlier......it's like your own little secret, that you aren't even DARING to share. I can see you walking around pushing that cart with a BIG 'ol KOOL-AID SMILE !!!!

Congrats !!:applause::applause:

[quote name='Tarheel76']LOL.....How funny, I can visualize you walking around there.....kinda like I was earlier......it's like your own little secret, that you aren't even DARING to share. I can see you walking around pushing that cart with a BIG 'ol KOOL-AID SMILE !!!!

Congrats !!:applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

It reminds me of when nickolodeon use to do those kb toys runs with just the kid in the store...so awesome. No one has any idea.

[quote name='kouleefoh']any other electronics deal work? besides games and movies?[/QUOTE]

Everything is on sale at my location. We bought a crock pot.

I got dance central for $15 in mine in long island. Some movies are sale prices too. Hunger and brave are bf prices. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']No go at my location in SoCal. They had every single game behind a locked shelf with a "DO NOT SELL" paper attached to it.[/QUOTE]/
Is this in huntington beach?

Major thank you to the OP. All the games I wanted were in the case. The cashier had no clue and litteraly went "hush don't let anyone know. i dont want to get mobbed".

I also got some books and toys I wanted. Anything that is a "special buy" is wrapped on the pallets and guarded by "security" and they will attack you if you touch them.

Gotta love walking through the store shopping in peace while no one else seems to have a clue.

Once again thank you cheapassgamer

Just ran over there. Really wanted Spec Ops, but none were in the case, and not all the carboard stands are in the aisles yet (they were being rolled out in droves though) Grabbed Bad Teacher DVD which rang up for $1.96, had a copy of Lorax, but since it was the DVD sized combo pack and not the BD, it rang up full price...oh well, still pretty awesome!

I told one lady who saw me with an ad in my hand asking if it was the map, I said no, and then said, "but all the prices are active right now" her jaw dropped to the ground and she literally started running in a circle. Pretty funny!

[quote name='sadboy']Did you call it in?[/QUOTE]

I called in. They said it was off. I still went in. As I walked in, most of the palates containing the Black Friday merchandise had been torn into.

Anyways, in the electronics, the lady was hesitant to sell me the game. I only got one game, I did not want to push my luck. After calmly convincing her, she went to look for management. They were in a meeting over the computer issues. I am guessing it was some sort of Web Tv deal with corporate, since it is a nationwide issue.

She came back. I said "Look, what is the difference in selling this to me now, than a few hours later? It is just one sale, and these have been going on all day. You can either sell this to me now, or I can just order it online for the same price and you all would lose that business". Finally a guy came up and was like "fuck it, it was behind the glass case". He rung it up, and told me when it was his break he was buying some shit.

Successful trip, and I got to use some skills I learned from management at one point. I threw up policy and a bunch of bullshit I knew nothing about, but had to use in my experience with customers in retail. I thought about going and getting the rest of the games I wanted behind the glass, but I did not want to make anyone lose their jobs, so I respectfully left with my copy of WWE 13 for $26.50. I will pick up the lesser known titles I want later tonight.

So CAG's, if you go in on this deal, be courteous to the workers, and polite if they are hesitant to sell you what you're wanting.

I also smelled smoke as I was leaving. Soon as I got out to my car and pulled out, the building was being evacuated, and firetrucks and police cars were pulling in. Only in Eastern Kentucky..

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']No go at my location in SoCal. They had every single game behind a locked shelf with a "DO NOT SELL" paper attached to it.[/QUOTE]

Where in SoCal? Confirmed live at RANCHO CUCAMONGA store.

EDIT: Sorry I just saw you answered UPLAND in a previous post. The RANCHO store is not too far from there if you want to see if it is still live there. I was there just before 12:30PM.

Also, has anybody tried any games that were not on the advertised list? Just wondering if there were any "secret" discounts, like perhaps on BLACK OPS II.

Last edited by a moderator:
I CAN CONFIRM I JUST PICKED UP NBA2K13 FOR PS3 $25 Tampa FL. Cash register lady asked me how I knew, I said "the internet".

Went and grabbed a borderlands 2 just to check it out and I got it no problems.

Then I asked if the FIFA that they they had in the cart behind the register were being sold they said no.

So I find one in the isle display and I go back up there and it rang up as 25 but the cashier says he can't sell it to me cause it can't be sold yet.

So They call the manager over and he tells me the same thing but the cashier who sold me the borderlands suddenly had memory loss and was asking them who sold me that game lol

So it looks like some people may be hip to the fact that the stuff is ringing and they are trying to pull all the games off the shelf.

[quote name='dcgrimes']Where in SoCal? Confirmed live at Rancho Cucamonga store.

Also, has anybody tried any games that were not on the advertised list? Just wondering if there were any "secret" discounts, like perhaps on Black Ops II.[/QUOTE]

No a guy in front of me paid 59.99 for the black ops 2

I picked up Brave (for my kid), Safe House and 21 Jump Street (for my friend) all on sale at the Urbana, OH Walmart. There were twice as many associates as there were customers there. No one had a clue. Madagascar and Lorax did not ring up on sale however.

I just screwed myself by going to Walmart.
Wanted to get the Sly Cooper collection and they had it, but it was wrapped in a special aisle thing. As was every other BF deal. You couldn't purchase any of them despite the sales price already being active.

And to make it worse, I went there as the Amazon deal for Sly went live. And of course it's 100% waitlist full now too. Man, I'm an idiot.

Also a good idea would be to go to an older lady at a register up front, don't go to the cash register in electronics, they would know the prices, old lady up front won't give you shit about it.

i just came back from my local walmart, and i picked up....
forza horizon $15
NFS MW $25
lego batman 2 $15
spec ops $15.

the games were in the glass, not boxes/bins,
i had to have the guys that work there ring the games up at the register, and yes, they all rang up for the BF prices. alot of the games were on the lower shelf all sticked up together.

AND FYI...
i managed to get my refund back from layaway, for forza horizon, from last week to make sure i got a copy of it, so as of right now layaway is still open, YMMV ?

I see a lot of Cali CAGs in this thread. Anyone try the Walmart in Torrance or the one on 190th/Normandie yet?

[quote name='Alex121006']i just came back from my local walmart, and i picked up....
forza horizon $15
NFS MW $25
lego batman 2 $15
spec ops $15.

the games were in the glass, not boxes/bins,
i had to have the guys that work there ring the games up at the register, and yes, they all rang up for the BF prices. alot of the games were on the lower shelf all sticked up together.

AND FYI...
i managed to get my refund back from layaway, for forza horizon, from last week to make sure i got a copy of it, so as of right now layaway is still open, YMMV ?[/QUOTE]

^^^^FORGOT TO MENTION^^^^ the walmart that i went to, was in columbia MD.

Just got back from Streamwood, IL. Picked up Black Ops 1 for $15, Fall of Cybertrom (with War for Cypertron included) for $25, Skylanders Giants with Portal for 38.96, and Lego Batman 2 for $15. All xbox versions. No problem at all.

Those pallets are wrapped so horribly. I can almost guess that they will be torn into it by the time I get there. I tried Fifa and the rest I wanted. No go. I saw the pallet and said to my self "I could just bring it up to a register and they wouldn't even care." Of course my morals kicked in and I said i wouldnt stoop to that level just to get a couple cheap games. End of my rant.

Oh, Spring Hill, Fl

[quote name='Thelorn']No luck at morse road Columbus Ohio Walmart.[/QUOTE]

If you feel like driving around.... The Lewis Center location is a go. Also had a wii u deluxe in stock.

No luck mostly in Monrovia CA store. Most BF games have been put away. Borderland 2 and Little Big Planets 2 are a few that I noticed that are still behind glass cases.

[quote name='hbomb']No luck mostly in Monrovia CA store. Most BF games have been put away. Borderland 2 and Little Big Planets 2 are a few that I noticed that are still behind glass cases.[/QUOTE]
You can order borderlands 2 for $25 from microsoft.com.

bread's done
Back