Walmart - PSP-3000 Rock Band Pack - $139.00 - B&M Only - YMMV

It's going in and out of stock randomly, I just got an order in for free shipping to the store.

It won't stop me from trying to get it PMd at Best Buy tomorrow, I'd rather get Reward Zone points for it.. anyone know if consoles count for Gamer's Club points? (although Bing says they do cashback for Walmart which would be close for RZ alone, although I haven't gotten an order confirmation email yet OR a Bing confirmation.. :/ )

edit: Walmart confirmation came in, so that's hopefully a good sign. (I hate ordering from anywhere when stocks are bouncing around so fast)

It says the website is going down at 11:30 PDT for some reason, and they just added language "This item is being discontinued. Availability is limited." to the product description.

If you want a printout for possible PM (or if you're debating ordering..?) now seems like a very good time to do it...

Consoles do not count towards GC-RZ. At least my 360 didn't. I remember reading the GC fine print that says something about consoles not working.

"Points are not awarded for Video Game hardware, PC hardware, PC Game accessories, instant and mail-in rebates, promotional gift card offers, sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges, restocking fees, prior purchases, Outlet Center items, special order, clearance, demo, or open-box items."

from "Offer Details" on RZ site.

Regardless still 140 regular points.

[quote name='raarar']Bam.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Woah! 9.5% sales tax? Am I seeing that right?
I thought 7% in RI was high... :hot:

[quote name='Justin42']It's going in and out of stock randomly, I just got an order in for free shipping to the store.

edit: Walmart confirmation came in, so that's hopefully a good sign. (I hate ordering from anywhere when stocks are bouncing around so fast)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ordered one online as well and got my confirmation.
I don't like buying from places with crazy stock notices either, but I'm thinking it was worth a shot! =)
If we don't have any luck, then we won't be charged, so whatever.

[quote name='Prophyt']Woah! 9.5% sales tax? Am I seeing that right?
I thought 7% in RI was high... :hot:[/QUOTE]
not for long. everyone else is catching up.

but it must suck when you buy a console and have to shell out another $30+ for sales tax.

The tax rate in Cuyahoga County, OH (location of Cleveland) is 7.75%. It's one reason I bought a house in Lake County, east of Cleveland, over the summer. Hooray for a 6.25% sales tax rate and significantly lower city taxes. :bouncy:

The sales tax at the Target I work in Missouri is almost 10%. The area where it's located is considered a trransportation district, so they tack on an extra 1% in tax.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Is that one the same price?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Ratchet and Clank PSP bundle is $139.99 also. I was at a Walmart store (not sure which one cause they're are 3 or 4 within 5-6 miles of me) and I saw the silver one for that price. That was awhile ago though, so you may be out of luck:/

The price is back to normal... wanted to PM at Best Buy but when I checked it out it was back to $200...

FML, anybody have a screen shot or scan of it in stock online?

My wife just bought me the Rock Band PSP bundle at the WM on Highway 99 in Vancouver, WA, and it rang up as $139 with no adjustments needed.

So who knows when the price in-store will go back up? If you're thinking about getting in on this deal, better do it quickly! ;)

I called about 12 Wal-Marts within a 30 mile radius and not a single one had it in stock. I've been meaning to upgrade my PSP1000 but the $200 price point is a bit steep for my tastes. Oh well.

Yeah it's right. It's all messed up in San Diego County. I live in San Diego which is 8.75 like most of the state. That Best Buy is in La Mesa which is only about 2 miles from my house is 9.5. Then out in El Cajon (2 more miles past La Mesa) it's 9.75.

They both "need" extra money for public works projects I think.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Back to $200?[/QUOTE]

$200 online but still $140 B&M if you can find it. Just got back from my local walmart and they had 3 of them.

[quote name='flipman2013']My local Walmart still says its 200, I might go and have them scan it if I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

Mine said that Thursday night (even had the guy scan it), but when I went in today they had them marked as $139.00, so it doesn't hurt to check back.

I bought one and was planning on taking my PSP Go back, but after comparing the two, I think I'm actually going to stick with the Go. Now I just have to pray they start releasing more games for it.

Any CAGer in western WA near the Lakewood Walmart will find a good stock, the price was still marked at 199 but rang out 139, they had about 8 left at 5:40PM PST. The guy was surprised and and glad someone pointed out the slow markdown

Sorry for all this posting but can't Best Buy just call some walmart close to it and see if there are some in stock and how much they're selling it for? I mean I can just tell them it's an in store only special.. but the problem is how can I convince them to actually spend their time to call a walmart. I don't want to go to walmart because the closest one is about 30 min away from me

Thanks OP. Picked up the Rock Band edition and it had FW 5.03 on it. I was debating between the Ratchet and Clank or Rock Band version, but the Ratchet and Clank only has a 1gb card in it. Easy decision there.

Would buy it instantly if it is not the black PSP. I had the PSP-1000 for years and sold it last year, I don't want to get a black one again.

[quote name='JrHu92']Sorry for all this posting but can't Best Buy just call some walmart close to it and see if there are some in stock and how much they're selling it for? I mean I can just tell them it's an in store only special.. but the problem is how can I convince them to actually spend their time to call a walmart. I don't want to go to walmart because the closest one is about 30 min away from me[/QUOTE]

I've had Best Buy call before. You could also have your Wal-mart print out a price check receipt and take it to Best Buy.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']I had left the original window open and then printed it and the availability. Took it to best buy and they price matched it, no questions asked! w00t!!![/QUOTE]
you should scan it for anyone that doesn't have any walmarts close by so they can price match too.

where can i get standard plastic hard umd cases? it really pisses me off that they put these in a cardboard sleeve, i mean, whats the extra few cents it cost them. oh well. atleast it does come with a game manual

[quote name='ddemaree07']where can i get standard plastic hard umd cases? it really pisses me off that they put these in a cardboard sleeve, i mean, whats the extra few cents it cost them. oh well. atleast it does come with a game manual[/QUOTE]

Find the cheapest PSP game at GS. There must be some sub-$3 titles at this point.

Or just ask them nicely if they can give you a case and put the still for sale game in one of their generic cases. Depending on who works there and if they know you, it could very well work.

Porter Ranch, CA doesn't have these (at least not anymore), and the BB next door won't PM (didn't expect them to but didn't hurt to ask!).

Went to get a price check receipt and BB didn't take it.. They changed their policy that it has to be a physical ad. I'm just going to give up. Obviously it's not meant to be. way too much driving and arguing to spend $139

[quote name='JrHu92']Went to get a price check receipt and BB didn't take it.. They changed their policy that it has to be a physical ad. I'm just going to give up. Obviously it's not meant to be. way too much driving and arguing to spend $139[/QUOTE]

That's straneg, because that's not their policy, it hasn't changed. I'd try another BB or talk to the supervisor.

Called the same Walmart I did Friday and now they were down to $139 ($147 with tax). Needless to say i rushed out to get one (Mentor OH). Still had 2 left-- sales associate couldn't believe the deal.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']That's straneg, because that's not their policy, it hasn't changed. I'd try another BB or talk to the supervisor.[/QUOTE]
yeah I was arguing with the cashier and called for the supervisor and she said the same thing... but whatever I threw the receipt away and the walmart people threw the bar code away when I asked them to scan it

bread's done
Back