Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
went to a store that says have the canon dslr in stock both on brick seek and walmart app, then the big lady told me they dont have it. suspect she's lying. Orlando, FL

went to a store that says have the canon dslr in stock both on brick seek and walmart app, then the big lady told me they dont have it. suspect she's lying. Orlando, FL
I felt the same way when I went hunting for some laptops that are dirt cheap...like well can you look in the back???

I felt the same way when I went hunting for some laptops that are dirt cheap...like well can you look in the back???
to be fair, she did show me the inside of the cabinet under the display case, but she didnt bother to check otherwise. and wats really suspicious to me was she knew right on the top of her head shes out of SL1 as soon as she heard the name...

to be fair, she did show me the inside of the cabinet under the display case, but she didnt bother to check otherwise. and wats really suspicious to me was she knew right on the top of her head shes out of SL1 as soon as she heard the name...
Does your walmart have a photo department separate from the electronics section? The one I found mine has the photo department at the front of the store, despite having the cameras for sale back in electronics. I did some asking and it turned out they found the camera I bought in the stockroom for the photo center, away from the regular camera stock.

Does your walmart have a photo department separate from the electronics section? The one I found mine has the photo department at the front of the store, despite having the cameras for sale back in electronics. I did some asking and it turned out they found the camera I bought in the stockroom for the photo center, away from the regular camera stock.
they do but they are together/right next to each other

they do but they are together/right next to each other
They still may have a separate cage in the stock room just for cameras. I know this was the case when I worked in the photo lab at Walmart 8 or so years ago. Was the person you asked from electronics or photo?

You very well could have been like the 5th person to ask her. This clearance has been going on for like a month. I'd bet she has already looked for it multiple times. You are just VERY late to the game.

They still may have a separate cage in the stock room just for cameras. I know this was the case when I worked in the photo lab at Walmart 8 or so years ago. Was the person you asked from electronics or photo?
damn. yeah she was working in the electronics

Anyone tried changing payment method without the receipt? I can't find the damn receipt for the camera and bought when it was $249. Still a good deal, but it could be so much better.

Anyone tried changing payment method without the receipt? I can't find the damn receipt for the camera and bought when it was $249. Still a good deal, but it could be so much better.
According to the receipt I have, you only have a 15-day window on cameras. I managed to return and rebuy mine on day #14.

I  found a copy of Fling Smash with the Wiimote Plus for  $11.00 a few months go when the Walmart around here was getting  ready to remodel. They were taking 75% of the red and white clearance tags.

The problem is by the time he gets to play most of the games, the price would be much lower than what he paid for.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
I might actually gamble on a $9 used copy from RedBox, I'm pretty sure it won't go any lower than that.

Got 6x Amiibo Animal Crossing Series 1 card packs for $1 each and Classic Color Mario Amiibo for $1.75. Woot

Tried to pick up a display model sl1. Found out that they throw away everything but the camera body for display models.

Saw Napoleon Dynamite The Game for $10 yesterday.

Also this yesterday: http://i.imgur.com/o8hRwlW.jpg

And got Bravely Second CE for $10

Tried to pick up a display model sl1. Found out that they throw away everything but the camera body for display models.

Saw Napoleon Dynamite The Game for $10 yesterday.

Also this yesterday: http://i.imgur.com/o8hRwlW.jpg

And got Bravely Second CE for $10
Where did you find Bravely Second CE up for that price? I could have a family member look around since their all over lol.

I visited my local store and they had tons of phone accessories and a bunch of routers on clearance. Is there a list of external HDs on clearance anywhere? I might go back and check if they have any.

My local walmart had a few Lego Dimensions fun packs on clearance for $3.00

Bad Cop: 44662952

Wicked Witch: 44662961

Doc Brown (BttF): 46937075

Krusty: 46937077

There was one or two Chima ones too, but I didn't buy them or get item numbers.

My local walmart had a few Lego Dimensions fun packs on clearance for $3.00

Bad Cop: 4662952

Wicked Witch: 44662961

Doc Brown (BttF): 46937075

Krusty: 46937077

There was one or two Chima ones too, but I didn't buy them or get item numbers.
Is that number for Bad Cop correct? It's a digit shorter than the others.

Thanks for the heads up! Some of those are discounted (albeit OOS) in stores nearby-ish.

I'll just drop this here:

SKU: 13021200

attachicon.gif
20160622_214340.jpg

Good hunting!
I don't think that's the right Item ID, that's for the keypad being sold by a third party. But that's an awesome price.

I don't think that's the right Item ID, that's for the keypad being sold by a third party. But that's an awesome price.
Hmm...you're right. Funny I didn't think I saw a third party seller last night but then again I was half asleep.

BSeek does show the item here:

[attachment=22585:G13.PNG]

Wonder if it was an online return or something like that? Not sure if they operate like Target does.

Hmm...you're right. Funny I didn't think I saw a third party seller last night but then again I was half asleep.

BSeek does show the item here:

attachicon.gif
G13.PNG

Wonder if it was an online return or something like that? Not sure if they operate like Target does.
Both that Item ID and the other 3rd party Item ID (48461802) show nothink for me in BS.

An odd one today.  I was checking the clearance aisle at one of the nearby walmarts and they had the bigger talking plush from The Secret Lives of Pets on the shelf (Max and Snowball).  It seemed unlikely, since the movie doesn't even come out for two more weeks.  Sure enough, they both rang up as $8, instead of 19.99.

I still passed on them, since my kids seemed to have little interest in this one.

Anyone interested in an almost 10-year old DSLR new in box?  A Nikon D40 kit popped up on a clearance table near me for $160.  Doesn't even have a SKU, just a yellow sticker tag.

An odd one today. I was checking the clearance aisle at one of the nearby walmarts and they had the bigger talking plush from The Secret Lives of Pets on the shelf (Max and Snowball). It seemed unlikely, since the movie doesn't even come out for two more weeks. Sure enough, they both rang up as $8, instead of 19.99.

I still passed on them, since my kids seemed to have little interest in this one.
Same thing happened to me with Ori and the Blind Forest Xbox One. Game came out the next day but was in the clearance section for $10. Bought it and it rang up correctly.

Doing this from my phone, so please excuse any foul-ups henceforth.

TL;DR:

Extreme YMMV (?): found Prof Layton and the Diabolical Box/ Golden Sun Dark Dawn 2 pack for DS at Wally World for $5.

Too Long, But If You Have The Time:

So, first off, so many folks have tipped me off to all kinds of awesome deals, that any time I can repay and contribute in any way is the least I can do.

I ran across a deal for Prof Layton and the Diabolical Box for the DS in the Amazon thread a while back. Never heard of it before, but it seemed pretty awesome upon some research. Anywho, never pulled the trigger.

Time passed. Stopped into Wal-Mart this evening, DFW, TX, area. This may be extremely YMMV - considering how wild west Wally World's pricing and stocking is, but here's what I found:

[attachment=22598:2016-06-23 17.59.48.jpg]

[attachment=22599:2016-06-23 17.13.14.jpg]

Prof Layton and Golden Sun Dark Dawn 2 pack for $5. I found it in one of the aisle racks that had all kinds of old (ps2, for ex.) stuff, mostly still way over-priced. Didn't see more copies, but who knows?

Anywho, 2 new games for 5 bucks, one of which was highly thought of by the community for quite a bit higher money seems great to me -- don't know anything about Golden Sun, however.

Found what I was looking for just by happenstance. Hope you all do the same. Thanks, folks!

Doing this from my phone, so please excuse any foul-ups henceforth.
TL;DR:
Extreme YMMV (?): found Prof Layton and the Diabolical Box/ Golden Sun Dark Dawn 2 pack for DS at Wally World for $5.
Too Long, But If You Have The Time:
So, first off, so many folks have tipped me off to all kinds of awesome deals, that any time I can repay and contribute in any way is the least I can do.
I ran across a deal for Prof Layton and the Diabolical Box for the DS in the Amazon thread a while back. Never heard of it before, but it seemed pretty awesome upon some research. Anywho, never pulled the trigger.
Time passed. Stopped into Wal-Mart this evening, DFW, TX, area. This may be extremely YMMV - considering how wild west Wally World's pricing and stocking is, but here's what I found:
attachicon.gif
2016-06-23 17.59.48.jpg
attachicon.gif
2016-06-23 17.13.14.jpg
Prof Layton and Golden Sun Dark Dawn 2 pack for $5. I found it in one of the aisle racks that had all kinds of old (ps2, for ex.) stuff, mostly still way over-priced. Didn't see more copies, but who knows?
Anywho, 2 new games for 5 bucks, one of which was highly thought of by the community for quite a bit higher money seems great to me -- don't know anything about Golden Sun, however.
Found what I was looking for just by happenstance. Hope you all do the same. Thanks, folks!
Nice find, golden dawn ds by itself is still $35 at the only Wally World near with it still in stock. Time for some patience

Just picked up a play and charge battery pack for Xbox one at $6. Was surprised because the walmarts around me never have any good clearance.

when Target effs up and puts stuff out early, and they actually ring up and aren't locked out by the register, they generally have weird prices attached to them.  I bought a Turtle Beach XO-Four headset for $19 the day before it came out (for $99 or something).  

I kind of lucked out on that one, though - it was going around the internet that they were so cheap, so Target put a lock on selling them (or whatever it's called - the register could not ring it up when scanned).   Anyway, I called a Target to double check the BrickSeek inventory, and they held them for me at customer service.  I drove across town to grab them and, of course, they wouldn't ring up.   I barely put up a stink because they knew I called and asked ahead of time so the supervisor just agreed to sell them to me for that price when they were released and actually gave me some $5 Target coupons on top of that (anyone ever get those from customer service - they look so cheap and seem like photocopies or something).  

bread's done
Back