Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you guys finding the $30 phones? Are they still with the other phones or are they in a clearance area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to ask an employee to get the phone for me from the back because there was no mention of the $30 phone in the electronics section.

Where are you guys finding the $30 phones? Are they still with the other phones or are they in a clearance area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I asked a simiilar question r3garding the Honest Amish beard balm..

weird thing all my posts and the related replies are gone? Anyone know how that is possible?

Anyways my apologies, to answer your question with the answers I got was..

They will be in a dedicated clearance aisle or a clearance end cap in the section or in your stores Clearance sectoin, usually located near Lawn & Garden.

Best of LUCK!

oNe

p.s. Anyone know how to find the sku or UPC from the Walmart site?

Also when you have the item in hand, how do you read the UPC? I tried entering all numbers in BS, nada, tried omitting 1st # and nada, then tried ommiting last # and nada, then tried various combinations of that and nada..

all right.. jus spend the last 2hrs going thru last 10 pages of this thread and THEN mapping out my next Wal-Mart trip...

I narrowed it down to 10 items I want..

THen searched each one on BS and and now am going to the Walmart that has the most of those desired items in that specific location. 

Its the one on 27'th street and has 4/10 items i want...

bwa haha, this is crazy!!    :twoguns:

ANYONE ELSE DO THIS? 

oNe

I asked a simiilar question r3garding the Honest Amish beard balm..

weird thing all my posts and the related replies are gone? Anyone know how that is possible?

Anyways my apologies, to answer your question with the answers I got was..

They will be in a dedicated clearance aisle or a clearance end cap in the section or in your stores Clearance sectoin, usually located near Lawn & Garden.

Best of LUCK!

oNe

p.s. Anyone know how to find the sku or UPC from the Walmart site?

Also when you have the item in hand, how do you read the UPC? I tried entering all numbers in BS, nada, tried omitting 1st # and nada, then tried ommiting last # and nada, then tried various combinations of that and nada..
SKU can be found in the URL, it's the very end of it

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Instant-Pot-LUX60-V3-6-Qt-6-in-1-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure-Cooker-Slow-Cooker-Rice-Cooker-Saute-Steamer-and-Warmer/55505580

SKU for URL above is "55505580".

I'm not expecting perfection. I'm expecting baseline competence. The web site claimed they had five units for sale. The person in the Verizon store claimed that they not only had zero, but haven't had any since December. That's not a swing and a miss... that's a swing and accidentally lodge the bat into your rectum.
So, I go on a trip for of all things Yankee Candles. They're usually 20, but some were 2 bucks. My wife is saying how they won't have them, complaining the whole time. We get there it's been hit up, clearance section is empty. We start scanning some stuff and gradually we find them interspersed with other candles (that's one trick, remember the SKU might be almost identical to a non-clearance item).

Alright, so we take our cart full of candles (they're not bad as small gifts) to the checkout and the cashier insists on just scanning one and putting in the total quantity and that was that. Only problem was, now their inventory is even more jacked up. No doubt they show up as out of stock of the one she scanned, but still in stock for all the others.

How do you prevent that, or fix that? Obviously step one is don't do it in the first place, but once it's happened there's no way on earth a system can figure out what just happened. It's not omnipotent. Now their stock is wrong, and that's why you have to go and check. We're looking for fantastic deals, there's an element of luck there.

So, I go on a trip for of all things Yankee Candles. They're usually 20, but some were 2 bucks. My wife is saying how they won't have them, complaining the whole time. We get there it's been hit up, clearance section is empty. We start scanning some stuff and gradually we find them interspersed with other candles (that's one trick, remember the SKU might be almost identical to a non-clearance item).

Alright, so we take our cart full of candles (they're not bad as small gifts) to the checkout and the cashier insists on just scanning one and putting in the total quantity and that was that. Only problem was, now their inventory is even more jacked up. No doubt they show up as out of stock of the one she scanned, but still in stock for all the others.

How do you prevent that, or fix that? Obviously step one is don't do it in the first place, but once it's happened there's no way on earth a system can figure out what just happened. It's not omnipotent. Now their stock is wrong, and that's why you have to go and check. We're looking for fantastic deals, there's an element of luck there.
As a long-time WM associate, I can tell you that you are trained *several times* that you are not supposed to do that, and that the front end managers are supposed to educate their cashiers on why they shouldn’t do this, and also that it’s still ridiculously common, so unfortunately it’s an ongoing issue. It’ll get caught next time there’s a count or at the next year’s inventory. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Similar thing happened when buying a bunch of clearance totes. They were all the same color, so I assume same SKU, but the inventory count was wrong for what was left, so likely became incorrect due to this same checkout issue.

If it's already been mentioned sorry, but if your Walmart has an actual clearance section make sure to check it for last year's outdoor stuff...  Clippers, pruners, bug candles, nicer tiki torches/candle holders, gardening gloves, etc.  Way too much stuff to even list it all or get #'s.

Wow, I'm surprised there are 2 stores near me that have them in limited stock apparently.  None of this stuff ever seems to be in stock in my area.  I might go down and get one. thanks jurai.

Wow, I'm surprised there are 2 stores near me that have them in limited stock apparently. None of this stuff ever seems to be in stock in my area. I might go down and get one. thanks jurai.
In my experience, “limited stock” means they don’t have any.

It’s happened on every limited stock item I’ve seen.

'Limited Stock' is generally indicative that the store quantity is at 1 fwiw, I still consider it worth the gamble if not out of the way

'Limited Stock' is generally indicative that the store quantity is at 1 fwiw, I still consider it worth the gamble if not out of the way
Have you or anyone else gotten one of these phones? Thats insane price, I have a few Walli'es that say INSTOCK and list 2 or more so I mayy make the hike out to one of em.

Wondering where exactly in the store these willl be for best chance of finding one?

Also is there any potential issue with me buying OUTRIGHT, like they shouyldn't try to swindle me into a plan or anything right?

basically just wanna use this as an iPod Touch.

any and all input much appreciated!

oNe

Have you or anyone else gotten one of these phones? Thats insane price, I have a few Walli'es that say INSTOCK and list 2 or more so I mayy make the hike out to one of em.

Wondering where exactly in the store these willl be for best chance of finding one?

Also is there any potential issue with me buying OUTRIGHT, like they shouyldn't try to swindle me into a plan or anything right?

basically just wanna use this as an iPod Touch.

any and all input much appreciated!

oNe
why do you sign your posts oNe

I give the upc number to a employee and said that the item is recall. Cannot sell it.
same here.. after gently asking the dude to check in the back he came back, said he couldn't find em right, then this fine dime piece walks by and turns out she's the phone lady, i think the non-wal-mart flavor kind.

Anyways she proceeds to tell us that the items have been marked for RECALL and have been sent back to the supplier/vendor. At my gentle p3rsistence she firmly tells me that even if they had them right now on hand, they cannot sell em due to the recall.

Somethjing about the system not allowing it...

Gotta say . man, in this retail hustle, you win some and ya LOSE some..

I think this was my greatest loss..

I done drove 40mins each way on the chance of gettin this...

I guess I got greedy, i've always known better than to trust the 2 in stock...

anyways best of luck to anyone that gets any of these!!

oNe

Not surprised. It's nearly an obsolete model.
As an employee at an Apple Authorized Service Provider, I can tell you that Apple has only (officially) declared the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G to be “obsolete” models: all other models are marked as “supported” by the company and all AASPs. That being said, the current iOS and most of its apps are pretty demanding resource-wise, and anything under a 6 will run fairly slowly. The 6s and higher run very well: I know firsthand as I use a 6 and my wife has a 6s Plus.

As an employee at an Apple Authorized Service Provider, I can tell you that Apple has only (officially) declared the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G to be “obsolete” models: all other models are marked as “supported” by the company and all AASPs. That being said, the current iOS and most of its apps are pretty demanding resource-wise, and anything under a 6 will run fairly slowly. The 6s and higher run very well: I know firsthand as I use a 6 and my wife has a 6s Plus.
I know this world very well... as well. Heh.

The iPhone 6 is next on the chopping block and will be excluded from future iOS updates (starting with the June announcements).

I would not want to be a retailer selling a phone where in several months from now, while still within its warranty, it will officially be a dead product.

PS Classic is down to $15 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-pricing-info/?sku=659739661

Roomba 618 is marked down, ymmv on how deep - https://brickseek.com/walmart-pricing-info/?sku=55406740

Dell Inspiron 11 3000 11-3168 11.6" Touchscreen 2 in 1 Netbook - Intel Pentium N3710 Quad-core - $99 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=145396675
Dead links.

Would you be able to post the one out of 10,000 stores that has the PS Classic at that price, or at least the state?

oops, the links work for premium, you could always just take the sku and put it in the regular search

ps classic https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=659739661

roomba https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55406740

dell convertible - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=145396675

it's $15 at some store in iowa, if you search your zipcode and it's not $15 then it's not $15 in your neck of the woods
Thank you. I travel quite frequently and whenever posts I’m interested pop up, I search a vast grid of zip codes over numerous states. I can honestly say I’m batting a 0 on any of the “Uber” deals you’ve posted, and I’m not speaking locally, yet hundreds of stores.

oops, the links work for premium, you could always just take the sku and put it in the regular search

ps classic https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=659739661

roomba https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55406740

dell convertible - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=145396675

it's $15 at some store in iowa, if you search your zipcode and it's not $15 then it's not $15 in your neck of the woods
$30 in mine... still to much?

Looks to be $59 in Minneapolis area for Playstation Classic. Funny that Walmart.com has it back to $100 now, 3rd party sellers as low as $50.

$36 at Target with PM + Cartwheel is the best deal I've seen so far.

why do you sign your posts oNe

One love, which means goodbye.

No idea about that capital N tho
And in a shocking twist "deuces" (twos) *also* means goodbye!

excuse-me-stewardess-lspeak-jive-25764636.png

Wow, called and they said they had 2 iphone 6 in stock, went to store and they said they cannot sell them. Called customer support and after telling what happened they said to hold twice, the third guy tried telling me nothing is wrong with their system it is an issolated incident but they get hundreds of calls like this per day, there is no way They can track what they can and cannot sell. Wtf. He then said I should have called before to the store which I explained I did, let them know who I talked to and asked for corporate number so I can call and let them know they have a huge problem in their process to which he replied by hanging up on me. Looks like Im just going to start throwing steaks behind the paper towels every time I go to walmart, will make me feel better

Wow, called and they said they had 2 iphone 6 in stock, went to store and they said they cannot sell them. Called customer support and after telling what happened they said to hold twice, the third guy tried telling me nothing is wrong with their system it is an issolated incident but they get hundreds of calls like this per day, there is no way They can track what they can and cannot sell. Wtf. He then said I should have called before to the store which I explained I did, let them know who I talked to and asked for corporate number so I can call and let them know they have a huge problem in their process to which he replied by hanging up on me. Looks like Im just going to start throwing steaks behind the paper towels every time I go to walmart, will make me feel better

That sounds like an annoying ordeal. On the bright side, you're saving yourself from a headache. That phone will not be fully functioning later this year. There's a reason why it isn't being sold.

The iPhone 6 is next on the chopping block and will be excluded from future iOS updates (starting with the June announcements).

I would not want to be a retailer selling a phone where in several months from now, while still within its warranty, it will officially be a dead product.
I’m actually very interested in what Apple is going to do in the near future about their 13” Mid-2012 MacBook Pro model: they were selling it until Q4 of 2016, so it should technically be supported until at least 2021, but it’s such an outdated model by today’s standards that I fully expect them to start replacing them with newer models instead of fixing them.

I have an IPhone 5s from Straight Talk (the Wal-Mart cell phone provider) and got a notice a week or so back that they're changing networks that won't be supporting the 5s by around the end of the year. I can't imagine the 6 is much further off.

I have an IPhone 5s from Straight Talk (the Wal-Mart cell phone provider) and got a notice a week or so back that they're changing networks that won't be supporting the 5s by around the end of the year. I can't imagine the 6 is much further off.

Yep. The 5s was officially made obsolete a few months ago.

bread's done
Back