WARHAWK Preorder $39.99 at TRU!

Ordered one. Theres no way that there would be a special edition without the headset at retail.

[quote name='ultrarobotninja']It doesnt seem to include the bluetooth headset...[/quote]

The game itself comes packaged with the headset.

So is this a blu-ray version ? I don't actually see that it says it comes on a disc, could this be a online code to download via PSN?

[quote name='Calico']So is this a blu-ray version ? I don't actually see that it says it comes on a disc, could this be a online code to download via PSN?[/quote]

Good Point...hmmm

nice, it should be including the headset, if not, i'll return it.

i dont think it's for a code because they have shipping charges. opr maybe they'll ship you the code in the mail for $5 lol

Headset? I'm calling TRU right now to see if I can preorder in-store.

Is the game even supposed to be $39.99 anyhow?

[quote name='Tideas']Can someone find out if this is the blueray version, or the psn version.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
I hope you're joking.

[quote name='RESmonkey']Headset? I'm calling TRU right now to see if I can preorder in-store.

Is the game even supposed to be $39.99 anyhow?[/QUOTE]

rule #1. never call

[quote name='Tideas']Can someone find out if this is the blueray version, or the psn version.

Thanks[/quote]

i dont think it's a code. this will have retail packing because they're shipping it by UPS with the cheapest shipping method. that would be really lame.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']rule #1. never call[/quote]

Oh, yeah...sry. But I didn't tell the guy anything about it specifically. I just asked if you guys are having pre-orders, and he said no, but I can do it on their website.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']rule #1. never call[/QUOTE]
Wrong application of the rule. The game isn't even out yet and employees have no control over the retail website.

Use some common sense.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

...'cause Toy R Us is gonna stock the PSN version... ...riiiiight...

I shud have asked, does anyone know if the bluethooth headset is included in it. It shud come standard with retail, but TRU cud haev taken it out

Its tempting, but I already have the Jabra headset but its taped up a little bit (still sturdy).

But if the PSN price is $20-30, thats tempting as well. Wish Sony would disclose it already.

[quote name='RESmonkey']Can anyone tell me if you can still save $10 w/ Google Checkout, or is that whole thing dead?[/QUOTE]

Anybody? I can't get it to work.

With tax and shipping it's $48.53.

I'll wait for a better deal or coupon.

Or should I go ahead........... damnit!

Is there any chance TRU could end up charging you 59.99 instead of the 39.99 or is there some kind of guarantee that makes the price at the time of preorder final?

[quote name='Razzuel']Is there any chance TRU could end up charging you 59.99 instead of the 39.99 or is there some kind of guarantee that makes the price at the time of preorder final?[/quote]

No. And it has nothing to do with a guarantee of price. The only thing they can do is cancel the order.

If they try to charge you a different price than what you authorized then they are in direct violation of their terms with the credit card companies. There are big penalties for this, including (if a company gets enough complaints) losing their ability to accept credit cards. Now imagine how long a company like TRU would survive if they only accepted cash or check?

Same end price at Family Video with $5 new member coupon. I already used mine and ordered with the $3 second order coupon for $50.98. $2.45 difference from Toys R Us with the $3.00 coupon and I have always had good luck with Family Video and no canceled orders.

The Family Video also mentions the bluetooth headset. It is also the same SKU as Toys R Us.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Remember when the had the price mistake with MLB 2k7 for the 360? I'm getting that feelng here...[/quote]

Sorry, I missed that ... did TRU just cancel all of the orders that time?

Says free shipping with Bill Me Later. hmm, I might bite on this.

edit: Here are the details. So if there's a $20 limit, wouldn't this work for free overnight shipping ($18.98)???

Get FREE Shipping (up to a $20 BillMeLater statement credit) on all orders using BillMeLater.
Get FREE Shipping (up to a $20 BillMeLater statement credit) on all orders using BillMeLater.

HOW IT WORKS
To Participate follow the steps listed below. 1. Choose Bill Me Later at checkout 2. Answer two quick questions to apply 3. You will receive a statement in the mail with a credit of up to $20 posted to your account Bill Me Later is the quick, easy, secure way to pay. For a limited time, you will receive a free shipping credit of up to $20 when you make a purchase using Bill Me Later. Your credit for the free shipping will appear on your next Bill Me Later statement and not at checkout. Limit one per customer. Plus, when you spend $100 or more, you’ll enjoy No Payments for 90 Days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Bill Me Later is subject to credit approval as determined by the lender, CIT Bank, Salt Lake City, Utah and is available to US customers who are of legal age in their state of residence. You must pay with Bill Me Later to get the offer. Other Restrictions: • Free shipping credit is valid for up to $20.00 of the cost of your shipping. If your shipping cost is less than or equal to $20.00, you will receive a credit for the exact amount of the shipping. If your shipping cost is more than $20.00, you will receive a $20.00 credit and the remainder of the shipping cost will appear on your statement. • Your credit for the free shipping will appear on your Bill Me Later statement. You must pay with Bill Me Later to get the offer. • Offer not valid on exchanges, any oversized, overweight, or common carrier shipments, on reship for damaged or lost goods, return shipping, or on orders outside the contiguous 48 states.

[quote name='Sarrasis']Says free shipping with Bill Me Later. hmm, I might bite on this.

edit: Here are the details. So if there's a $20 limit, wouldn't this work for free overnight shipping ($18.98)???[/quote]

I read up on BillMeLater a bit -- they sound pretty shady (not that they'll rip you off necessarily, but they have TERRIBLE customer service, so if something comes up, you could be in for a lot of useless time on the phone). I'd recommend doing a little research before signing on with them to make sure it's worth the savings on shipping.

[quote name='Tideas']I shud have asked, does anyone know if the bluethooth headset is included in it. It shud come standard with retail, but TRU cud haev taken it out[/quote]

i don't think they're allowed to do that unless they have some deal with Sony. but i see no reason why they would pull the headsets out when it's included in the retail pax for everywhere else.

in any case, if the price is wrong, they might cancel. they can't charge you more for it. they might do damage control and email you about the change in price if they got it wrong in the first place. BB cancelled orders for prices that were incorrect on their site so TRU will probably do the same and that would blow chunks for us who preordered.

dude, havn't you guys learned from ordering from tru before?

this game isn't coming out on 8/4

buyer beware...it's tru after all...

Whatever, I'll just grab it from Family Video. They have their crap together, and I really doubt TRU will be breaking street date by a few weeks...

[quote name='chewbeeb']Yea, they'll just cancel your order if they have a price change. Happened to me with Mario Party 8.[/QUOTE]
I received my MP8 order I made back in February so I'll take a chance on this one. Worst case it will just get cancelled.

[quote name='Sarrasis']I received my MP8 order I made back in February so I'll take a chance on this one. Worst case it will just get cancelled.[/quote]

I also received my MP8 order.

The way it happened before the 2k7 for the Xbox 360 was that they sent an email stating that they'd send you the Xbox version by default, and if you didin't want that, then you had to call and cancel.

Tempting, but after an awful experience at TRU.com last year that took 2 months to resolve, I think I'll pass.

BTW the worst that can happen isn't them cancelling your order; it's charging your card and then never mailing anything out.

[quote name='donut']$59.99 now[/quote]

Cartman: DAMMIT!

Procrastination FTL! Has anyone who placed an order before the price change received a cancellation e-mail?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Has anyone who placed an order before the price change received a cancellation e-mail?[/quote]
No cancelation email thus far ....

bread's done
Back