Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='munch']Why are you putting return labels on each insert?[/quote]

I do a lot of these mail in rebate deals, and for a small percent I get a claim that I never sent in the UPC, receipt . . . etc; Since then, I have started taking all those free charity return address labels and putting them on those things. I also lay everything across my flatbed scanner and copy them.

It probably doesn't do any good but it gives me piece of mind, and I haven't had a rebate denied for that reason since.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Wonder why they removed Planet Earth? Anyone send them and email and get any response or call them?[/QUOTE]

When I spoke to the CSR, she said it was because they were 'Out of Stock.' Now, I don't think it's a coincidence that Planet Earth and Galapagos both got pulled. I imagine it has something to do with BBC.

Even though they may be "out of stock" at the moment, from what I understand, they are running this promotion until the end of the year and it should inevitably come back in stock no?

That's logical, but I don't think the CSR knew what she was talking about. I'd assume that Planet Earth is no longer part of the deal

[quote name='guyver2077']thanks..

now to just figure out how to send these back? I am guessing they sell those padded envelopes at the usps?[/QUOTE]

They do, but you can probably pick them up cheaper at Wal-Mart. I think a full sized envelope that fits 8.5 X 11 paper is about 97 cents if I remember when I bought some a few months ago.

Man this sucks that they are raising the prices on some of the upgrades and removing others. With Planet Earth gone and the Matrix getting jacked up to $20 I might be out on this deal. Those were the 2 main ones I wanted and now I'm not sure I'll upgrade.

I'm still thinking about doing this with the Matrix, Oceans sets and The Reaping just so I can get rid of my dual sided discs. Don't know why but I don'tlike them. Hell maybe I will save the money and just keep them.

At this rate, I'm just gonna keep 'em. Really got get in fast on these deals to really get the most out of them.

Put in my order for all of my WB :hd:s except for Out for Justice and Blue Planet. The Matrix upgrade, getting rid of some combo discs and confirmation on the site that you get the Casablanca Ultimate Collector's Edition were enough for me to get off the fence.

[quote name='gunm']At this rate, I'm just gonna keep 'em. Really got get in fast on these deals to really get the most out of them.[/quote]

Yeah cause they removed two choices and went up a whopping 5 bucks on the Matrix... some of you guys are unreal.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah cause they removed two choices and went up a whopping 5 bucks on the Matrix... some of you guys are unreal.[/QUOTE]

It's cheapassgamer,so ....

Five dollars is five dollars... On Casablanca and The Matrix set, the advantages to upgrading were pretty obvious... Personally, I simply upgraded all titles I could recoup my money on by selling the hddvd off. Ten dollars to upgrade my planet earth while selling my hd copy for 20? Easy choice.
Spent $95 upgrading 12 titles and have made back $60 of it so far... Glad I jumped on this asap

Ordered the following:

Ultimate Matrix Collection, The (BD)$19.95
Appleseed Ex Machina (BD)$4.95
Constantine (BD)$4.95
Departed, The (BD)$4.95
Justice League: The New Frontier (BD)$4.95
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (BD)$4.95
Ocean's Eleven (2001), Twelve & Thirteen Giftset (BD)$9.95
V for Vendetta (BD)$4.95

I was just thinking, this would be sweet if you worked at a rental store and you kept all the HD DVD artworks the store was going to throw out.

I continued with my order, but for informational sake here's the e-mail reply I got back from WB CSR when I asked if Blue Planet was still eligible...

Amanda,

There are several of these. I hope we find out soon.

Thanks,

Chrystle

...which is just a little confusing considering my name is NOT Amanda.

[quote name='mrfossey']I continued with my order, but for informational sake here's the e-mail reply I got back from WB CSR when I asked if Blue Planet was still eligible...

Amanda,

...which is just a little confusing considering my name is NOT Amanda.[/quote]

Were you CC'd on it or did she send it to the wrong person (you) instead of Amanda, who may be the person deciding or finding out the decision? Might be worth replying just to make sure...

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah cause they removed two choices and went up a whopping 5 bucks on the Matrix... some of you guys are unreal.[/quote]

Yeah, cause those were the only two I owned out of that list that I was interested in. Bite my head off will ya?

"Some of you guys are unreal" indeed.

[quote name='Darthjer']Were you CC'd on it or did she send it to the wrong person (you) instead of Amanda, who may be the person deciding or finding out the decision? Might be worth replying just to make sure...[/quote]

Haha, yeah I figured as much - it was sent to me directly (no CC at all), and I followed up.

The end answer is probably the same as we've determined here - still no word on the definite WHY of BP being removed, but it's probably due to outside agencies. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Whoa whoa... wait a min. All I have to do is buy a shit load of cheap HD DVDs send them in for $7 and then I'll have the Blu Ray version?

:picks up keys and floors it to Frys:

[quote name='gunm']Yeah, cause those were the only two I owned out of that list that I was interested in. Bite my head off will ya?

"Some of you guys are unreal" indeed.[/quote]

That I understand.. but, the Matrix is still good at 20 bucks I think anyway.

sorry to double post... all i need to do to send the covers in is tape that label to the front of an envelope, right?

Thats what I did. Lable is a little big, I hope it doesnt rip since some of the edges were hanging off the envelope. I know some people are sending it with those yellow envelopes from the post office but Im lazy and cheap.

Has anyone gotten anything yet? I sent my matrix out last week and was wondering if they are gonna take the full 4-6 weeks to send these out or if they are gonna be good and send em quick.

$95 for 15 BDs for me, including Planet Earth. Especially good because a majority were purchased with either B2G4 or 75% off at GameStop. The HD movies all got bumped to my disc-only PSX game folder, and I'll probably end up eBaying the empty cases to offset the price of upgrading but keep the HD movies to watch on my 360.

I did it, & it only took me like a day (last night & this morning), i read all 16+ pages of comments. lol. it was good though cuz then i was able to see how everybody felt & get answers to my questions without having to ask the same question as other already did.

i'm pretty much ready to bite on this cuz i don't have a ton of WB HD DVDs, although i'm still looking to see if i can get 1 or 2 more HD DVDs on the cheap used at a local store. & i would really like to see Charlie & the Chocolate factory added, that is the only WB HD DVD that i have that isn't on the list (yes i do know it is cuz it's not out on BD yet) but i don't want to wait & have them raise the price again. & i also don't want to have to pay $7 shipping for one disc. has anybody heard of when Charlie & the chocolate factory will be hitting BD?

I think i'll most likely keep my HD DVDs just to have multiple copies of each movie just in case. if i'm hurting for money then i might sell them, but i'm not too worried right now. i'm interesting in hearing more from people about how long it takes to get their orders & if they had any problems.

Here is my list

Batman Begins$4.95Constantine$4.95Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets$4.95Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire$4.95Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix$4.95Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban$4.95Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone$4.95Ultimate Matrix Collection, The$19.95Superman Returns$4.95Swordfish$4.95300$4.95

The big question is, is this really worth it? I mean, I don't even have a 1080p TV yet, all of mine just go to 1080i. Then again, my crappy HD player barely works and some of the movies don't even play. This is 70 bucks total and I still get to keep the HD movies. It seems like a good deal but just barely lol.

I was planning on slowly rebuying my HD DVDs into Blu Ray anyway when I could get them around 12 bucks so this is a no-brainer for me.

Here is mine! Just mailed them in today!

Batman Begins
Blood Diamond
The Departed
Full Metal Jacket
Letters from iwo Jima
The last Samurai
Goodfellas
The Ultimate Matrix collection
The Sopranos Season 6 Part II
The perfect storm
Troy

total 86.61
I left a few older movies off too keep the price down, Superman/the lethal weapon I and II. I guess one day i can pick up the Bluray box sets on these. Now if i can unload some of these HD's

Is it known yet if you get the cases with the BD yet or not? I remember when they first started this that was a question that I never did see if it got answered or not.

Has any other studio started a program like this yet? I still have a couple of Univeral and Dreamworks pictures I would like to exchange.

[quote name='sendme']Is it known yet if you get the cases with the BD yet or not? I remember when they first started this that was a question that I never did see if it got answered or not.[/quote]

Yeah apparently its just as if you bought it from the store. I wouldn't have been part of it otherwise.

[quote name='bones56']Yeah apparently its just as if you bought it from the store. I wouldn't have been part of it otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I dont think they would show a pic of the complete discs, as well as use the word NEW if it wasnt... sending in the inserts is much easier and takes up much less space

Anyone get charged yet? I know mine were received at the receiving center in Howell, MI yesterday. I wonder if they have multiple places to send these based on location. Hopefulyl they ship it out sooner that the 4-6 weeks. Although, that is not THAT bad for this.

After I took off my Planet Earth cover from my HD DVD set, I noticed that there's a slight tear on it. I GUARANTEE there not going to sell me the Blu Ray because of it.

Someone in the HD-DVD discussion thread pointed out that iNetVideo has Ultimate Matrix for $22.22. After shipping, I guess it would be about $30. All told, you could get the Blu-ray set from this deal, still have the HD-DVD set, and spend less than you would buying the BDs from Amazon.

[quote name='darkdaze73']http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matrix-Relo...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1241123302&sr=1-1

For those who just want the movies on blu-ray. Don't know if it is region locked, but I'm assuming not.[/QUOTE]

No, the Matrix movies aren't locked. The exchange rate is pretty good right now so if you don't have the HD-DVDs already this probably works out to about the same price or cheaper than buying the HD-DVD, then going through R2B. Although it doesn't appear to include the Animatrix, if that matters to anyone. (IMO Animatrix is better than the 2 sequels, but that's just me)

[quote name='Justin42']No, the Matrix movies aren't locked. The exchange rate is pretty good right now so if you don't have the HD-DVDs already this probably works out to about the same price or cheaper than buying the HD-DVD, then going through R2B. Although it doesn't appear to include the Animatrix, if that matters to anyone. (IMO Animatrix is better than the 2 sequels, but that's just me)[/quote]

Yeah, that's why he said just the movies. No Animatrix, just like the HD-DVD version of "Complete." Wonder why they never released this version in the US on BD.

anyone ordering around this time should check the label that you print , mine had a completely random address on it under my name , so you all might want to double check before you end up sending your blu rays to some random persons house

[quote name='tysontomko']anyone ordering around this time should check the label that you print , mine had a completely random address on it under my name , so you all might want to double check before you end up sending your blu rays to some random persons house[/quote]

I was just about to type the same thing, mine is going to some where in MI. I'm on the phone with customer service now and he says he has had a few people with the same problem. Obviously I'm cancelling the order if they can't get it corrected because I don't want to take the chance of my movies going some where else.

OK they sent me another label and same thing. I decided to cancel my order until they straighten the mess out. Good Luck!

[quote name='Hunter1671']I was just about to type the same thing, mine is going to some where in MI. I'm on the phone with customer service now and he says he has had a few people with the same problem. Obviously I'm cancelling the order if they can't get it corrected because I don't want to take the chance of my movies going some where else.

OK they sent me another label and same thing. I decided to cancel my order until they straighten the mess out. Good Luck![/quote]

wait, what do you guys mean exactly? Are you saying its not your home address under your name? or is it the Michigan Ave. Howell Michigan address where they are being shipped to is whats incorrect?

Seems like you can upgrade your Complete Matrix Trilogy or Ultimate Matrix collection to the Ultimate Collection BR. You just need to send in the coverart of the Matrix Revolutions HD-DVD (no disc required).

I still have the $20 sealed Complete Trilogy HD-DVD from the Circuit City screw-up. I might just upgrade. Not bad for $20 + shipping.

Does anyone know the upgrade they'll send us is complete like a retail copy or will it have some sort of Not For Retail marking on it?

[quote name='eau']Seems like you can upgrade your Complete Matrix Trilogy or Ultimate Matrix collection to the Ultimate Collection BR. You just need to send in the coverart of the Matrix Revolutions HD-DVD (no disc required).

I still have the $20 sealed Complete Trilogy HD-DVD from the Circuit City screw-up. I might just upgrade. Not bad for $20 + shipping.

Does anyone know the upgrade they'll send us is complete like a retail copy or will it have some sort of Not For Retail marking on it?[/quote]

I think most of us that have submitted an order are still waiting to get our discs.

bread's done
Back