Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure it will be a retail version because from what it seems is that they are just sending stuff thats already made as opposed to making things special for this occasion.

when you open the pdf, look where your name is ,
underneath my name on the pdf the address shows as

1000 austin ct

Howell mi 48843

and what is confusing me is why underneath my name is it not showing my address where i want the movies shipped to

I would figure when the order is sent back out, they would use their computer records... Figure the envelopes that everything is sent in are discarded shortly after a bar code is scanned

ok...for the Harry Potter trunk set, my year one says "Philosopher's Stone" not "Sorcerer's Stone". I called and they said as long as it as a barcode, they'll accept it. However, the CSR didn't seem to understand that this was for the gift set and kept saying, it just needs to have a barcode. However, none of them clearly have a barcode. The only thing taht does is the insert that goes all around the trunk.

Has anyone sent theirs in already or heard of what to do exactly?

[quote name='tysontomko']when you open the pdf, look where your name is ,
underneath my name on the pdf the address shows as

1000 austin ct

Howell mi 48843

and what is confusing me is why underneath my name is it not showing my address where i want the movies shipped to[/quote]

oh wow! Very fishy! I wonder who's address that actually is.

You guys do realize that the Howell MI address is where you're returning the DVD slips too right?

Perhaps it just mis-generated the label

Okay I signed up for it. How long does it take for the confirmation email to come in?

Here is what I traded.

Ocean Trilogy
Pan's Labyrinth
Flags of Our Father
Swordfish
The Last Samurai
Troy
Blood Diomond
The Departed
Happy Feet
The Perfect Storm.

Okay I signed up for it. How long does it take for the confirmation email to come in?

You should get it immediately. I had to hunt through my Bulk/Spam folder to find it.

EDIT: oh you mean the email that they have the package? I don't think anyone has gotten one of those, have they?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='havoksin']oh wow! Very fishy! I wonder who's address that actually is.[/QUOTE]

If you use google maps or whatever you can see that it is actually a warehouse so it probably is going to the right location. I also noticed that on the packing label it has an RMA barcode so that is probably what they use to get all your info.

One problem I am having though is that my shipment has been sitting at the USPS mail center in Howell for like 3 days. This is why I hate USPS, they are so slow with stuff it isn't funny.

[quote name='nh1129']If you use google maps or whatever you can see that it is actually a warehouse so it probably is going to the right location. I also noticed that on the packing label it has an RMA barcode so that is probably what they use to get all your info.

One problem I am having though is that my shipment has been sitting at the USPS mail center in Howell for like 3 days. This is why I hate USPS, they are so slow with stuff it isn't funny.[/quote]

How did you find that out? Is it the package ID? Mine claims to have no record of the item

Edit: Nvm, I had a typo; mine was delivered on the 29th. How long do they take to send the confirmation email that they got the package?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone found any titles that are significantly better on Blu to upgrade the from HD-DVD version?[/QUOTE]

please read the thread. this has been discussed.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone found any titles that are significantly better on Blu to upgrade the from HD-DVD version?[/quote]

I just did a run-through of the :hd: titles I own, and found the following titles to have superior audio vs. their respective :br: counterpart:

Happy Feet
Phantom of the Opera
Training Day (better video too)

[quote name='MrDubbs']Mine was delivered on the 29th, but I still haven't even gotten the confirmation email that they received them[/QUOTE]

Mine also...I never realized they were supposed to send a confirmation until I re-read my original order confirmation.

Has anyone recieved a confirmation email saying that they got our stuff? I sent my Matrix in early last week or late the week before and havent gotten any email. Could this just be a clever ploy to deprive people who bought HDdvds of their covers so we're more likely to buy the blu rays?

[quote name='tankass']Has anyone recieved a confirmation email saying that they got our stuff? I sent my Matrix in early last week or late the week before and havent gotten any email. Could this just be a clever ploy to deprive people who bought HDdvds of their covers so we're more likely to buy the blu rays?[/quote]

Yes, and while they were at it, they thought lets create bad press so no one buys our Blu Rays, that'll show em :lol:

[quote name='MrDubbs']Yes, and while they were at it, they thought lets create bad press so no one buys our Blu Rays, that'll show em :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nooooooo, I knew there was something wrong with this deal. That will teach me to put my trust and money in a big corporation. Stupid me

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone see their CC charged yet? Just curious.

Mine was delivered last week, but nothing yet.[/quote]

I just saw a charge on my CC for the 3 movies I exchanged. Charge was on 4/30/09 from RED2BLU HOWELL

On a related note; Has anyone received their coupon for the Buy 2 Get 1 Free promotion? They were advertising the deal when you signed up for their newsletter. The promotion was in the email I received for the order confirmation.

[quote name='Napegator']I just saw a charge on my CC for the 3 movies I exchanged. Charge was on 4/30/09 from RED2BLU HOWELL[/QUOTE]

Can you give us an estimate of when you sent your covers out?

[quote name='MrDubbs']When did they receive your movies?[/quote]
I haven't gotten the movies, but I did see a charge on my credit card for them. Also, as others have stated I have not received a confirmation email from WB about anything.

[quote name='tankass']Can you give us an estimate of when you sent your covers out?[/quote]
I sent out the covers on 4/24/09

Ahh pig farts.

I ordered a copy of Casablanca and The Fountain from inetvideo to add to my trade-ins.

I received them both today and unfortunately, I got a copy of The Fountain/La Fontaine.

Anyone else send in the slipcover from a Canadian :hd:?

At least Casablanca was the correct version. :bouncy:

[quote name='manthing']Ahh pig farts.[/quote]

I'm not adding anything to the discussion here. Just curious if that's an "Ahh" because you really enjoy pig farts?

My two envelopes were recieved on Thursday and they haven't charged me yet.

[quote name='Darthjer']Just curious if that's an "Ahh" because you really enjoy pig farts?
[/quote]

No. In this case the "ahh" ~ "aw".

Thus, 'Ahh pig farts' is analogous to 'Aw sh_t'.

[quote name='manthing']Ahh pig farts.

I ordered a copy of Casablanca and The Fountain from inetvideo to add to my trade-ins.

I received them both today and unfortunately, I got a copy of The Fountain/La Fontaine.

Anyone else send in the slipcover from a Canadian :hd:?

At least Casablanca was the correct version. :bouncy:[/quote]
I read on another forum that a rep confirmed that Canadian (or any other international) versions are okay for the deal, as long as you are a US resident sending from and shipping to a US address.

Prepare for shipping to be delayed. I e-mailed them asking if they received my cover-art and this is the response.

Hello John,

Thank you for your recent email.

Our records indicate that we have received the artwork, and your order is in our system. A few of the titles on your order are currently on back order due to overwhelming demand. We are expecting to have these titles back in stock soon. We will send the confirmation as soon as we begin processing the order. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

[quote name='richieroro']I read on another forum that a rep confirmed that Canadian (or any other international) versions are okay for the deal, as long as you are a US resident sending from and shipping to a US address.[/quote]

Thanks for the info!

:bouncy:

[quote name='doubledown']Prepare for shipping to be delayed. I e-mailed them asking if they received my cover-art and this is the response.

Hello John,

Our records indicate that we have received the artwork, and your order is in our system. A few of the titles on your order are currently on back order due to overwhelming demand. We are expecting to have these titles back in stock soon. We will send the confirmation as soon as we begin processing the order. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,[/quote]

Oh no! Is this the "5 Free HD DVD" fiasco all over again?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Oh no! Is this the "5 Free HD DVD" fiasco all over again?[/QUOTE]

Well, at least we didn't have to shell out this much extra money to
get our movies. If I shelled out what some of you did, I'd be pissed. I'm holding out for PE to get back on the list. If they cancel the program early or reduce the list, oh well, saved myself from double dipping.

[quote name='bob330i']Well, at least we didn't have to shell out this much extra money to
get our movies. If I shelled out what some of you did, I'd be pissed. I'm holding out for PE to get back on the list. If they cancel the program early or reduce the list, oh well, saved myself from double dipping.[/quote]
Considering what I'll be getting in return, I didn't mind "shelling out" money at all.

On a different note, I received my movies today from INetVideo. One of them being Ultimate Matrix. Prepped the package for shipping, and will be sending it of tomorrow. Hopefully they'll accept the back cover art for the Ultimate Matrix set. If so, I'll be able to double-dip with the Matrix Revolutions cover art and come out fairly even on this deal.

Decided not to exchange anything. Couldn't convince myself it was worth the cash. What do I need 2 versions of the same movie for basically. There's not a lot out there that I have in HD-DVD format that I want since I picked up a lot of good things @ inetvideo and through amazon's 3rd party sellers who are fulfilled through them. I'll just patiently wait for other online retailers to firesale their HD-DVDs on their websites (like Best Buy), which I'm honestly shocked hasn't happened yet.

[quote name='mitch079']Decided not to exchange anything. Couldn't convince myself it was worth the cash. What do I need 2 versions of the same movie for basically. There's not a lot out there that I have in HD-DVD format that I want since I picked up a lot of good things @ inetvideo and through amazon's 3rd party sellers who are fulfilled through them. I'll just patiently wait for other online retailers to firesale their HD-DVDs on their websites (like Best Buy), which I'm honestly shocked hasn't happened yet.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more (with perhaps the exception of the Casablanca set) unless you're looking to re-sell these for a slight profit. I'm perfectly happy with my HD-DVDs and probably will upgrade to Blu-ray on most of the movies when the double-dips with new features arrive.

[quote name='mitch079']Decided not to exchange anything. Couldn't convince myself it was worth the cash. What do I need 2 versions of the same movie for basically. There's not a lot out there that I have in HD-DVD format that I want since I picked up a lot of good things @ inetvideo and through amazon's 3rd party sellers who are fulfilled through them. I'll just patiently wait for other online retailers to firesale their HD-DVDs on their websites (like Best Buy), which I'm honestly shocked hasn't happened yet.[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more.

Ulitmate Matrix and Casablanca :br: are definate upgrades over the :hd: counterparts.

Add in the opportunity to 'upgrade' combo discs, and having holiday classics that won't have to be played on my niche machine and the fact that I'm getting :br: discs for ~$6 makes this a no-brainer.

[quote name='doubledown']Prepare for shipping to be delayed. I e-mailed them asking if they received my cover-art and this is the response.

Hello John,

Regards,[/QUOTE]

Is emailing or calling them the only way to know if they got your covers? Cause I havent gotten an email yet confirming and Ive had some bad experiences with them so Im worried.

[quote name='tankass']Is emailing or calling them the only way to know if they got your covers? Cause I havent gotten an email yet confirming and Ive had some bad experiences with them so Im worried.[/quote]

Well you can use your tracking number to see if they received your covers. That's what I did. I did not receive the official email saying that they had gotten them.

[quote name='tankass']Is emailing or calling them the only way to know if they got your covers? Cause I havent gotten an email yet confirming and Ive had some bad experiences with them so Im worried.[/quote]
You could always run the delivery confirmation # and see your package had been delivered yet. Calling them does no good really, just because they receive it doesn't mean it's been processed yet.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']You could always run the delivery confirmation # and see your package had been delivered yet. Calling them does no good really, just because they receive it doesn't mean it's been processed yet.[/QUOTE]

Good look. Just checked and mine got there on the 28th and still no email. I guess they wanted there to be a fog between delievery and when they send you the email to pad their schedule.

[quote name='manthing']I couldn't disagree more.

Ulitmate Matrix and Casablanca :br: are definate upgrades over the :hd: counterparts.

Add in the opportunity to 'upgrade' combo discs, and having holiday classics that won't have to be played on my niche machine and the fact that I'm getting :br: discs for ~$6 makes this a no-brainer.[/quote]

In all likelihood, I will be upgrading Casablanca and I might pick up Ultimate Matrix on :hd: just for this deal alone. Don't get me wrong as I have both :br:and :hd: but my :hd: is still getting more playing time so, for me, it won't be a niche machine. Over time, that may well change. Also, I may be in the minority, but I actually like the combo discs and being able to bring them with me to play on a regular DVD player if I need to.

Still, I'm appreciative of Warner for even offering this deal. Wish other studios would follow.

[quote name='consoleman']In all likelihood, I will be upgrading Casablanca and I might pick up Ultimate Matrix on :hd: just for this deal alone. Don't get me wrong as I have both :br:and :hd: but my :hd: is still getting more playing time so, for me, it won't be a niche machine. Over time, that may well change. [/quote]

Whoops, didn't mean to call :hd: a niche machine.

I meant to say that in my family, :hd: is a niche machine, so being able to get copies of Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation that I can bring to holiday gatherings is a bonus for me.

I definately got more use out of my :hd:, and still do.

Mine got there on the 27th and still no E-mail and my credit card has not been charged. I am starting to wonder if this is legit.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9426673-post364.html

img0407y.th.jpg

bread's done
Back