Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

Damn, I've wanted to check one of these out, but I'm going to be out of town on the 20th as well. I'll look out for the next one, though.

Thanks CheapyD for the shout-out. We'll be sure to be the largest congregation of freaks and geeks now that we got some CagCast love. Scary, but much appreciated.

Dave & Buster's - Rockville, MD - CAG Meet-up / Swap
4:30 pm onward ...(we have been going 2-3 hours+)

Saturday, October 20

who plans to attend-
Lurknomore
jmiller80
GenDV138
thebob101
MCalvert01
coalhalo

Does anyone coming to the gathering have any interest in a lot of Atari Lynx games, many complete? I also have two systems, though only one is working, and I believe I overclocked both way back when. I also have various accessories - cases, link cables and a battery pack (D cells). If there's interest I'll come and bring it with me.

[quote name='lurknomore']Thanks CheapyD for the shout-out. We'll be sure to be the largest congregation of freaks and geeks now that we got some CagCast love. Scary, but much appreciated.

Dave & Buster's - Rockville, MD - CAG Meet-up / Swap

Saturday, October 20

who plans to attend-
Lurknomore
jmiller80
GenDV138
thebob101
MCalvert01
coalhalo[/quote]

Did Cheapy give the meetup some love? Did I miss it?

[quote name='thebob101']Did Cheapy give the meetup some love? Did I miss it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he mentioned it in the latest CAGcast which was pretty cool to hear!

[quote name='CheapyD']I don't see a Rockville location on the website. Is it this Bethesda one?
http://www.daveandbusters.com//Locations/Default.aspx?Loc=140[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is the Bethesda Dave & Buster's location. North Bethesda to be exact. For some of us who have lived here for ages, we still view the White Flint Mall that the D&B's is located in as Rockville. I don't know exactly when the name change happened, but I do know that it coincided with property tax and home price increases. I presume that N. Bethesda carries more cache than Rockville (regardless of R.E.M.'s homage to the girl from said city).

The 3rd DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, October 20

who plans to attend-
Lurknomore
jmiller80
GenDV138
thebob101
MCalvert01
coalhalo
decon
Abiggs

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

And finally, come prepared to talk about our next CAG meet-up. jmiller80 has volunteered his home and grill, and we will discuss plans for CAG Cook-out. Bring your calendars, fellas and lady.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Hmmm... I'm near Richmond, but my mom would never let me go. Oh well... maybe next year.[/quote]

:lol:

The power of CheapyD and front-page love......

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, October 20

who plans to attend-
Lurknomore
jmiller80
GenDV138
thebob101
MCalvert01
coalhalo
decon
Abiggs
jsmith4042
Xrazor

And finally, come prepared to talk about our next CAG meet-up. jmiller80 has volunteered his home and grill, and we will discuss plans for CAG Cook-out. Bring your calendars, fellas and lady.

I've been here before, and I have to say the Fish & Chips are awesome. All I did was play House of the Dead 2 & 4 the whole time though. I had enough refills of Coke to last me a lifetime and time flies past there like theres no tomorrow.

Only negative? You gotta have someone 23 years old or older to bring in younger CAGs. We got some guy to get us in when we went. :lol:

[quote name='lurknomore']Yes, it is the Bethesda Dave & Buster's location. North Bethesda to be exact. For some of us who have lived here for ages, we still view the White Flint Mall that the D&B's is located in as Rockville. I don't know exactly when the name change happened, but I do know that it coincided with property tax and home price increases. I presume that N. Bethesda carries more cache than Rockville (regardless of R.E.M.'s homage to the girl from said city).[/quote]

When did White Flint Mall get a Bethesda address? I grew up in DC, and to me and my friends White Flint Mall was always in Rockville. I was poking around google and I noticed that Borders bookstore gives it's location in White Flint Mall a Kensington address. What gives? I know it's not a big deal, but to people not familiar with the area it must get a bit confusing.

And in response to Lurknoemore's presumption about Bethesda vs. Rockville; you absolutely correct my friend. Bethesda will always trump Rockville in the eyes of people who care about such things around here. It's like McLean compared to Vienna in VA. Or Georgetown vs Foggy Bottom.

[quote name='dwhelan']Put me down for 1, I will make the drive from Delaware to hang out with some CAGs[/QUOTE]

I think you might beat me for being the farthest away. I'm at about an hour and a half out, but I cheat since my in-laws live about 20 mins from D&B and I'll be staying there for the weekend.

MjC

FYI, the Bailey's Crossroads Best Buy had about 12 Wiis as of last night (endcap of games aisle, middle of store). It seems like most people that want them have them, but now is the time if you want one before the holiday madness.

Also, that Best Buy kept their PC copies of Orange Box in the back, so I had to ask for it. Perhaps they are trying to wait out the CC pricematch, which is what I was there for.

Sorry guys, regrettably I can't make it this time (even though this is within walking distance of my apartment). I have company that weekend.

I'm going to try and make it. I don't suppose there is anyone here that still hasn't bought Halo 3 and wants to make a trade for Bioshock . . .

de-lurking to say I'm in. I'm schlepping a bunch of classic plastic & some genny systems, amongst other things.

and a bunch of Lynx stuff too, hahah.

UPDATED*****

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, October 20

who plans to attend-
Lurknomore
jmiller80
GenDV138
thebob101
MCalvert01
coalhalo
decon
Abiggs
jsmith4042
Xrazor
whalen
SHADYMILKMAN
abhinav
GloveBox
kofiguy
animallyson
robbway

To make trading easier, please park your car on the third level of the mall just outside of the exterior entrace of D&Bs. This will make swapping easier. Please also be sure to securely lock your valuables in the parking lot (as this is an "open" forum).

Received a coupon in the mail saying that the NEW Microcenter on Rockville Pike is now open. The coupon was for a free Flashcard or a USB thingy. Anyhow, the Microcenter has replaced the CompUSA that was in Rockville. I won't be able to make it down until our meetup on Saturday, but I'd love to hear how it looks...how the trade-ins there were, etc.

Does anyone have interest in buying or trading for an original 1.5 FW PSP? I've got a 512 meg card for it too. I'll bring it with for the meetup. I'm thinking $120 for the PSP, battery, charger, leather case and mem card. PSP is very much like new, and was hardly used since I got it at launch.

MjC

I'm going to be fashionably late due to work and will be coming down from Baltimore area.

Which area of D&B do you guys hang out at and how can I identify CAGers?

*Green wrist bands?*

[quote name='decon']I'm going to be fashionably late due to work and will be coming down from Baltimore area.

Which area of D&B do you guys hang out at and how can I identify CAGers?

*Green wrist bands?*[/QUOTE]

We usually sit up front at the long bar table, near the entrance that leads you out into the mall. All in all, you won't have trouble finding us though. We all don't look like stereotypical gamer-nerds, but the conversation will definitely be. Just look for the group that is having the most fun, and join them.

[quote name='lurknomore']Received a coupon in the mail saying that the NEW Microcenter on Rockville Pike is now open. The coupon was for a free Flashcard or a USB thingy. Anyhow, the Microcenter has replaced the CompUSA that was in Rockville. I won't be able to make it down until our meetup on Saturday, but I'd love to hear how it looks...how the trade-ins there were, etc.[/quote]

Checked it out today.

Place looks nice. Game section is kinda small, but this is the only Microcenter I've ever been to so I don't know how it compares.

They aren't accepting trade ins right now. The manager said they'll prob starting taking them in November, unfortunately after the current trade in deal ends.:cry:

[quote name='thebob101']Unfortunately, I am out. Can't believe I am going to miss this one. You guys have a great time.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. thebob101, you are one of the founding fathers of this thing. Sorry that we are going to miss you.

[quote name='thebob101']Unfortunately, I am out. Can't believe I am going to miss this one. You guys have a great time.[/quote]

I wont be making it ether... someone get trashed and cause a scene on my behalf.

Despite the recent run on cancellations, we are still anticipating a great, great turn-out. Please do not feel the obligation to bring trade goods or even to RSVP. Simply show-up, and I will personally guarantee a good time. I will re-post all details once again, either late tonight or first thing tomorrow morn.

If you are underage and concerned about getting into D&Bs, have no fear. You can either PM and I'll provide you my cell phone number, and I'll walk you in. Or simply come to the Mall-side entrance of D&Bs and holler at one of us to bring you in. No worries. The last event we had, we had a 12 year old come to hang.

This is going to be a great opportunity to meet some local CAGs, and to hang out with most of the Goozex team...as they have long since confirmed their attendance.

So, looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. There is no reason to be shy or be intimidated with the gaggle of strangers...you'll quickly come to realize that we have a lot in common (beyond cheap ass gaming) and everyone, so far, has come with a uber-friendly attitude and of good cheer.

I'll most likely be there tomorrow, looking forward to my second time getting together with local CAGs! I'll probably wear a shirt with the same design in my avatar, so you guys should be able to recognize me easily.

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, October 20

who plans to attend-
The GOOZEX Guys/Team
Lurknomore
jmiller80
GenDV138
cleaver
MCalvert01
coalhalo
decon
Abiggs
jsmith4042
Xrazor
whalen
SHADYMILKMAN
abhinav
GloveBox
kofiguy
animallyson
zabari
thebob101
&~some members from the Goozex forums~

To make trading easier, please park your car on the third level of the mall just outside of the exterior entrance of D&Bs. This will make swapping easier. Please also be sure to securely lock your valuables in the parking lot (as this is an "open" forum).

This just in, I am an idiot and got my dates mixed up so I AM GOING TO BE THERE with bells on and a shit ton of things to trade/sell. Put me back on the list Lurk!

bread's done
Back